Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2016, 10:48   #10471
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
DRLs are only on Titanium+ (the top end diesel); which is why eyas337 can see it. What variant does your friend have, niks?

I'll check with my SA if the DRLs can be activated on my Titanium AT.
He has titanium + diesel variant of the ecosport
Old 7th August 2016, 12:22   #10472

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshuchadha View Post
Jude, thanks buddy! The Dolphin Seat covers came pre-stitched made to the exact measurement of contours of the EcoSport seats. I verified this before fitting. They did not dismantle the seats. The central stitch on the seats were opened (both the back and bottom seats) and the seat covers were bucket fitted, the original cloth wasn't removed and is present beneath these covers . The quality is very good and for Rs.7000 these seemed a fair value. The person who came home and fitted them took Rs.700 as labour charges. He completed the job in front of me in about 3 hours.

Arun! I am attaching pics of the covers. Thanks for your wishes!!
Hi Himanshu. I brought my ford ecosport recently. and your seat covers look impressive. can you please share the number of seat cover person?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 7th August 2016 at 13:16. Reason: Please don't type with dots..... like this.....Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 09:00   #10473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

In all, it definitely does not feel roomy. The net result is subjective - some people like the nice "cockpit" feeling, others feel claustrophobic.

When I moved from the Getz to the EcoSport, I felt this apparent lack of room a little uncomfortable, then got used to it. Nevertheless, every time I got into the Getz, it would give me an airy feel

The Duster is somewhat overpriced, no two ways about it. But then, you get nice masculine looks, and a much larger boot. The 85 ps Duster is definitely a benchmark in driveability, and the Duster has a much more comfortable/mature ride than the EcoSport (which is hard/harsh).

I personally did not consider the Duster because I had no need for such a large boot and didn't want that long a car - but then again, that boot is what made some customers look at the Duster or Creta, because the EcoSport boot is similar to that of a premium hatchback (i20, Jazz, etc.).
In terms of the size of the car I also do not need a car which as big as the Duster as this will be my daily ride as well. However as you mentioned I loved the way it drove and its ride quality. I am considering the RXL Model (about a Lakh more than the Ecoboost Titanium Plus Ecosport and of course misses a lot of features in comparison)

I have almost read all the reviews available in TBHP (Duster and Ecosport) and could see that primarily people choose Duster for cabin and boot space. I mean of course they mentioned the ride quality and handling but I could not see that being the driving force for choosing the Duster over Ecosport. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Many thanks for your prompt response . I got late this time to reply, so apologies for that.

Soumya

Mod Note : Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post
I test drove so many vehicles and finally booked ecosport, definitely you got a problematic vehicle, I drove twice and loved the vehicle, gears fell in place, engine noise was there but very minimal, steering adjustment had lot of options and so as seat height adjustment, what I felt lacked was sudden woosh of power in ciaz and other similar turbo cars, but power was linear and was present post 2.8k rpm, all in all best package.

On the other hand duster was a turn off for me, the interiors were very old, I sat in showroom vehicle and was adjusting AC vents and the chrome surrounding came off in my hand, there was rust particles in front door inner area, when asked they didn't have answers, the closing of doors felt like cheap alto quality, however driving dynamics were good but seat cushioning was disappointing, back seats felt like rocks.

In suggest you TD ecosport diesel from another SA and give a try.
Sure I am waiting for another TD of the ecosport. I agree the interiors of the Duster is a laid down for almost everyone. Did you drive the Duster, if yes please share your feedback in terms of ride quality and handling.

Last edited by Akshay1234 : 8th August 2016 at 09:12. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 8th August 2016, 09:42   #10474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissoumya View Post
Did you drive the Duster, if yes please share your feedback in terms of ride quality and handling.
I have gone through Spine surgery and maybe because of this i can decide between the ride quality better. But duster seats were very hard, specially the back one's and it was definitely going to be tough on long journeys for me, however the handling was excellent and it was easy to drive in city traffic.

Take multiple Test drive's and then decide.
johnruben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 10:41   #10475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
In terms of the size of the car I also do not need a car which as big as the Duster as this will be my daily ride as well. However as you mentioned I loved the way it drove and its ride quality. I am considering the RXL Model (about a Lakh more than the Ecoboost Titanium Plus Ecosport and of course misses a lot of features in comparison).
As a daily driver, if you're mostly going to be within greater Bombay city limits, I'd personally opt for the EcoSport (or smaller). It is nimble and has a small footprint. I really wouldn't be keen on taking the added length of the Duster around, especially if I'm not using most of the extra room most of the time.

If you're considering the 85 ps Duster, how does its cost compare to the top-end EcoSport diesel (and not EcoBoost)? That's a true like-for-like comparison, and should help you determine the value of one over the other.

Quote:
I have almost read all the reviews available in TBHP (Duster and Ecosport) and could see that primarily people choose Duster for cabin and boot space. I mean of course they mentioned the ride quality and handling but I could not see that being the driving force for choosing the Duster over Ecosport.
When people are looking for the comfort of their elders (e.g. parents/grandparents) that is a time where other members have recommended buyers look at the Duster for its ride instead of the EcoSport, when considering just those two cars. But yes, apart from that case, people tend to look for the larger of the two for carrying either passengers or luggage.

Taking a step back - look beyond just the purchase decision, and look at the subsequent ownership. How is Ford's after-sales service, compared to Renault in Thane/Mumbai? It's not something I've kept track of so I don't know. I'd expect both to be average, but is one of them significantly worse than the other? That might also influence your decision, since purchasing is a one-time activity, maintaining is an ongoing one.
arunphilip is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 11:35   #10476
BHPian

How is Ford's after-sales service, compared to Renault in Thane/Mumbai? It's not something I've kept track of so I don't know. I'd expect both to be average, but is one of them significantly worse than the other? That might also influence your decision, since purchasing is a one-time activity, maintaining is an ongoing one.[/quote]

Yes, I would rate both as average in Thane. However in terms of sales my experience so far has been fabulous with Renault and disappointing with FORD. Don't know if I can extrapolate Renault's sales guys behavior and expect the same for Renault service as well
Old 8th August 2016, 12:26   #10477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang_shelby View Post
Ecosport moved 4,885 units in July (source: Autopunditz). Looks like the price cut really did wonders for this competent car.
Along with the price cut, the huge waiting period for the Brezza could have also increased the demand for Ecosport.

Good to see Ecosport gain traction once again
Karthik Chandra is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 16:15   #10478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is nimble and has a small footprint.
But in some aspects like Turning radius of Duster is better than Ecosport even though Duster is bigger. Which is crucial for city driving..
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 18:08   #10479
BHPian

Re: Buying process of a Ford Ecosport Ecoboost in Mumbai

Quote:
The Duster is somewhat overpriced, no two ways about it.
They sell the Duster cheaper than Ecosport in Brazil. That itself gives you a picture of how over priced the DUster is.

Duster starts at 66490 real while Ecosport sells at 69800.

Here Duster starts at 8.5L while Ecosport starts at 6.8L.

Huge difference!
civic-sense is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 19:43   #10480
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying process of a Ford Ecosport Ecoboost in Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
They sell the Duster cheaper than Ecosport in Brazil. That itself gives you a picture of how over priced the DUster is.

Huge difference!
Would you believe it? I was just looking at the UK prices of Duster and Ecosport in some other connectionand discovered the very same thing! Talk about coincidences.
The Duster ranges between 9500 and 16500 pounds while the Ecosport sells between 14650 and 17600 pounds.
wilful is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 20:09   #10481
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
They sell the Duster cheaper than Ecosport in Brazil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I was just looking at the UK prices of Duster and Ecosport
The Duster ranges between 9500 and 16500 pounds while the Ecosport sells between 14650 and 17600 pounds.
Wow - forget price parity, they're actually priced the other way around, with the EcoSport being the pricier of the two in those markets!

Renault have never done a significant price correction for the Duster in India, have they? Not when the Creta launched, nor when the Brezza launched?
In any case, they're probably now happy to divert their production capacity towards the Kwid, which is now running around 10,000 units a month. At least in terms of units sold (if not profit margins), that is helping them sell more than Ford, VW, etc.

Quote:
Ford says without insurance can't take delivery since vehicle cannot be registered.
Ask Ford to register the EcoSport and provide you the tax receipt (so you can confirm the details, and you get the date/registration number from it). With that info, and other details like your VIN number, you can buy a policy online within minutes, and then take delivery of your car.

Bear in mind - the car has to be registered first before it is insured, not the other way around. So there's no reason for Ford to insist that you get insurance from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Dealer insurance are always overpriced as they take a healthy cut.
Fully agree. And its not just that the premium that is inflated, the IDV is often reduced too. When shopping online, you can see that the offered IDV is higher and can even be customized within limits.

Last edited by arunphilip : 8th August 2016 at 20:29.
arunphilip is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 20:13   #10482
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, you are right regarding the insurance, they are over priced, I checked new India and they provide policy online, there is a difference of 2k between direct from them and coverfox, coverfox offering lower price. Ford says without insurance can't take delivery since vehicle cannot be registered.
Dealer insurance are always overpriced as they take a healthy cut. The best way of getting VFM insurance according to me is:

1: Call up / visit nearby Ford workshops and find out which insurers have cashless tie ups with them. Also inquire which offers hassle free claim settlements among the lot.

2: Shop for quotes both offline & online. Many people think online is the cheapest, but for me a known agent gave me a good discount which made the same plan cheaper than online. So shop around !

3: Always go for zero dep cover. If your car is equipped with airbags, then repair bills may run into lakhs if they deploy. Also check the number of zero dep claims u can make per year. Normally its 2 for most insurers. I took from HDFC which gives 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
Projectors are the other option if you have the $$$ to spare.
If you get projectors consider insuring it as there is a high change of getting it damaged in case of any front end collision.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2016, 20:26   #10483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow - forget price parity, they're actually priced the other way around, with the EcoSport being the pricier of the two in those markets!

Renault have never done a significant price correction for the Duster in India, have they? Not when the Creta launched, nor when the Brezza launched?
In any case, they're probably happy to divert their production capacity towards the Kwid, which is now running around 10,000 units a month.
I often get puzzled by the mysterious moves (or the lack of moves) of car makers in the Indian market.
I think most of them are unsure and lack confidence in the wallet power of the Indian customer and therefore never bring models that would possibly set the market on fire.
Companies like Nissan and Renault have the right kind of vehicles in their portfolio - like the Juke, Kicks, Captur & Kaptur - that could really give Hyundai & Suzuki (read Creta & Brezza) a run for their money. In the process they would end up expanding the market in that category as well.
But...
And of course there is that old fallback that the duties and levies are so intolerably high that the poor auto makers are forced to have a different pricing regime, they are compelled to cut out several features and even make structural changes (reducing safety) to be competitive.
One of these days if I can get sufficient data I would love to do a thread on nett realisation of different companies/models in India vs other countries. But that's another story.

Last edited by wilful : 8th August 2016 at 20:34.
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 09:16   #10484

Hello Friends,

I am expecting to take the delivery of my Ford Ecosport AT (with reverse camera & spare wheel cover as accessories) from SC Ford, Mumbai in the next 3-4 days. Wanted your advise from your past delivery experiences, as to what should I check for during my Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI). I have seen the list which is provided by Team-Bhp website (https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list), but wanted Ecosport specific / SC Ford dealer specific advise if any.

Sunil
Old 9th August 2016, 09:40   #10485
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chomal View Post
Hello Friends,

I am expecting to take the delivery of my Ford Ecosport AT (with reverse camera & spare wheel cover as accessories) from SC Ford, Mumbai in the next 3-4 days. Wanted your advise from your past delivery experiences, as to what should I check for during my Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI). I have seen the list which is provided by Team-Bhp website (https://www.team-bhp.com/advice/pre-...pdi-check-list), but wanted Ecosport specific / SC Ford dealer specific advise if any.

Sunil
Congratulations on your purchase!

PDI is most efficient and meaningful when done before the car is allotted to you / sent for RTO registeration.

Once the RTO reg. is done, there is little you can do about non-aesthetic issues you find in the car (high mileage, visible accident marks etc.).

I'd recommend asking the dealer for the VIN before they send it for reg. The PDI list on t-bhp is fairly comprehensive so go with it.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed