Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2016, 10:43   #10486
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
Along with the price cut, the huge waiting period for the Brezza could have also increased the demand for Ecosport.

Good to see Ecosport gain traction once again
That should not increase the numbers of Ecosport because it first lost numbers before gaining back a part of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Would you believe it? I was just looking at the UK prices of Duster and Ecosport in some other connectionand discovered the very same thing! Talk about coincidences.
The Duster ranges between 9500 and 16500 pounds while the Ecosport sells between 14650 and 17600 pounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Wow - forget price parity, they're actually priced the other way around, with the EcoSport being the pricier of the two in those markets!
The Duster should, ideally, have started at 6.5L. Well, I firmly believe that a car should be priced according to how much it can sell rather than how much it costs to make it. But I also hail from that part of the country who would frown at the idea of somebody making money out of you just because they could. That is, in part, why I went for the Ecosport.

Quote:
Bear in mind - the car has to be registered first before it is insured, not the other way around. So there's no reason for Ford to insist that you get insurance from them.
I always thought it was the other way around. When I bought insurance for my car from outside, I had to first get a invoice from the dealer, get insurance done, and submit the cover note to the dealer, so that he could register the vehicle. The registration number is later updated in the policy.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 12:02   #10487

Does anybody know where to get car seat covers that are airbag compatible? I have the 6 airbag version but can't find any compatible ones.
Old 9th August 2016, 12:12   #10488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I always thought it (insurance) was the other way around. When I bought insurance for my car from outside, I had to first get a invoice from the dealer, get insurance done, and submit the cover note to the dealer, so that he could register the vehicle. The registration number is later updated in the policy.
It sounds like you bought your insurance offline (i.e. from an agent). That's interesting - maybe the process differs for buying insurance online vs. offline? Or maybe both approaches are possible?

I just checked HDFC Ergo's website to purchase insurance for a new car. On the first page, it asks for either the registration date or invoice date (which supports your approach):
Name:  HDFC Ergo Page 1.png
Views: 3389
Size:  30.4 KB
However, on the following page it then asks for the car's registration number as a mandatory field, which means the car should be registered to purchase the policy online:
Name:  HDFC Ergo Page 2.png
Views: 3538
Size:  11.5 KB
Moreover, when I compare it to my own experience where I got insurance from the dealer themselves, these were the dates - notice that the insurance is after registering the car and paying road tax:
  1. Dealer Sales Receipt: 23-Aug
  2. Dealer Tax Invoice: 24-Aug
  3. RTO Road Tax Receipt: 26-Aug (same date on RC card)
  4. Insurance: 28-Aug
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 12:36   #10489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
It sounds like you bought your insurance offline (i.e. from an agent). That's interesting - maybe the process differs for buying insurance online vs. offline? Or maybe both approaches are possible?
Yes, I bought it offline through an agent.

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 3111
Size:  26.3 KB
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisissoumya View Post
Sure I am waiting for another TD of the ecosport. I agree the interiors of the Duster is a laid down for almost everyone. Did you drive the Duster, if yes please share your feedback in terms of ride quality and handling.
If you need more points to ponder over:
Name:  eco.PNG
Views: 3048
Size:  91.2 KB
Name:  dus.PNG
Views: 3157
Size:  106.5 KB

Last edited by civic-sense : 9th August 2016 at 12:45.
civic-sense is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 12:50   #10490
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
You're right, and I'm mistaken! I'm not sure why the HDFC Ergo website is showing that registration number field as mandatory (unless the * is for only the first two boxes, which denotes the RTO like KA01). I'm also not sure why my paperwork's dates are off by a few days.

Posting from the insurance thread, our in-house expert ghodlur has stated that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
When you buy Insurance for new car, you don't need registration no. In all Insurance websites there is an option to buy Insurance for new car. All you need to mention is the RTO no, Chassis, Engine no and few other relevant details. The Insurance co will issue a policy where it will be clearly mentioned for a new car. Once the registration details are received, either it can be updated on the existing Insurance policy by making an application to the Insurance co or during renewal of the policy at the end of the year.
Also, thanks for the NCAP comparison of the Duster and EcoSport.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 14:19   #10491
BHPian

We are planing to buy EcoSport. However confused between 1.0L Titanium+ (with 6 Air Bags) and 1.5L (P) AT Titanium. May I check with you for Bangalore City traffic which one is the most suitable and easy to drive for day-to-day work? Also, Pls advise which dealer Lathangi Ford, Metro Ford and Cauvery Ford - Which one is the best in CRM and Services? Thank you!
Old 9th August 2016, 14:38   #10492
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousivakutti View Post
However confused between 1.0L Titanium+ (with 6 Air Bags) and 1.5L (P) AT Titanium. May I check with you for Bangalore City traffic which one is the most suitable and easy to drive for day-to-day work?
For day-to-day travel within the city, probably not the 1.0 EcoBoost (which is best on the highway). I have one, and in heavy traffic the poor gearing is annoying. The 1.5 petrol is smooth and linear but is not a fun-to-drive engine, and is compromised by the slightly poor performance of the automatic gearbox. That said, in traffic it'll make life easy.

Honestly, the 1.5 TDCi diesel is the most versatile - excellent in the city, good on the highway, great mileage. Even though its not listed, consider it. And if you're the kind who places value on resale, the diesel EcoSport will have the best resale of the three engines.

Take a look at another post of mine on a similar topic: link to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousivakutti View Post
Pls advise which dealer Lathangi Ford, Metro Ford and Cauvery Ford - Which one is the best in CRM and Services?
In general, all dealers and service centers are roughly similar. What matters is how you approach and handle them. A firm and polite approach with sales staff generally works well. Doing your homework about the sales process also ensures that the sales staff know you can't be taken for a ride.

Similarly, with the service staff, be firm and polite. It also helps immensely to know a bit about your car, know what work is to be performed at each service (from the manual and others experiences), to once again show them that you are a knowledgeable customer, not just one who drops the car off and leaves. It also helps if you can stay with the car for the duration of the service. Regular services take just a few hours (3-4 hours, excluding washing), and is well worth the investment.

Coming to my individual case, I've done my sales and service until now from Lathangi and was fully satisfied with them from 2013 onwards. However, more recently, there has been one bad sales experience (link to post) and one bad service experience (link to post) reported on TBHP for Lathangi. I've decided to therefore try out Metro Ford for my next annual service.

No experience with Cauvery Ford, and don't forget Elite Ford also operate in Bangalore.

Last edited by arunphilip : 9th August 2016 at 15:08.
arunphilip is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th August 2016, 18:58   #10493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyarcher View Post
Does anybody know where to get car seat covers that are airbag compatible? I have the 6 airbag version but can't find any compatible ones.
Ford sells airbag compatible seat covers.
Part numbers: SBA0010 and SBA0011

Refer to this post: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3522771
civic-sense is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 10:08   #10494
BHPian

Update on the water entering cabin issue: I did drive the car in heavy rains again but this time there was no sign of water inside. I don't know what's was the issue earlier but it seems to have been resolved on its own.
Doge is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2016, 17:16   #10495
BHPian

Guys, has anyone gone for an audio upgrade. I find that its excellent till volume level 14 and after that it gets distorted. What should be the minimum upgrade that needs to be done to fix this ? Although, I always had big plans for this but somehow I don't feel like spending huge amount of money for a car that I am going to sell in 1-2 years. Any suggestions ?
Old 11th August 2016, 17:41   #10496
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
Guys, has anyone gone for an audio upgrade. I find that its excellent till volume level 14 and after that it gets distorted. What should be the minimum upgrade that needs to be done to fix this ? Although, I always had big plans for this but somehow I don't feel like spending huge amount of money for a car that I am going to sell in 1-2 years. Any suggestions ?
You have few option as below. With 1st option being cheapest and last being costlier.

1) Install component speakers in front, and coaxials in back with 2 channel amplifier.
2) Install component speakers in front and back with 4 channel amplifier.
3) Install component speakers in front, and coaxials in back, with Sub-woofer with 4 channel amplifier.
3) Install component speakers in front, and back, with 4 channel amplifier. And with Sub-woofer with mono amplifier.

Might want to look into speakers like Focal, Polk, jbl, infinity. Amplifiers could be JBl, Polk, Poineer, focal, etc. Based on your price point.
Old 11th August 2016, 19:32   #10497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
You have few option as below. With 1st option being cheapest and last being costlier.

2) Install component speakers in front and back with 4 channel amplifier.

3) Install component speakers in front, and back, with 4 channel amplifier. And with Sub-woofer with mono amplifier.
Their is no place for tweeters in rear, so I guess I might have to go coax in the rear. Also, as per my research damping would be required too. Since my budget is limited to 30-35k, I guess Amplifier might be out of budget.
Old 11th August 2016, 22:49   #10498
BHPian

Hello everyone, I'm curious about the reliability of the 1.5 TDCi mill (as compared to a toyota or maybe a honda?). How long would this engine go before it needs an overhaul? (I'm speaking of general not too abusive usage with periodic maintenance).
Old 12th August 2016, 01:08   #10499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
Hello everyone, I'm curious about the reliability of the 1.5 TDCi mill (as compared to a toyota or maybe a honda?). How long would this engine go before it needs an overhaul? (I'm speaking of general not too abusive usage with periodic maintenance).
The reliability has been rock solid for me as well as the TDCi owners of Ecosport and Figo as well. Its been a year since I've opted out of the service and warranty package. With over an year under the belt my trusted and expert mechanic didn't even have to put his hands on the engine even once. So in my 3 years of experience with this mill I can say it still drives and feels just out of the showroom.
johannskaria is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 06:40   #10500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taha Mir View Post
I had a discussion on the same with my service advisor. He told he has serviced a tdci with 1,80,000 on its odo and the engine was still fine.
He has never come across any engine related work till date. But has worked on multiple oil leakage related issues.
sunilg33 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks