Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2016, 12:06   #10846
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post
SYNC EXPERIENCE

Hi Guys, I own a Golden Bronze TDCi TITANIUM. this is my second car with the SYNC music system. Now the issue is

1. In the "options tab" while playing music there is this SHUFFLE command. Turn it on and change the song it gets shuffled once. do it again the next song will play without shuffling it to a random next song. Anyone is on the same page?
Hi , been using the SYNC for almost 3 years .No, the shuffle works fine It shuffles randomly whenever i click the next button.
shivkumar19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 18:52   #10847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self Driven View Post

I learnt the hard way that its not just the Company or Dealer alone decides on customer satisfaction. One service advisor is enough to shake up a customer's confidence about the company
With Metro ford (St Marks Rd) over the last 6 years the two major issues I have experienced are cleanliness and lack of communication by the SA. By cleanliness, I mean the interiors are aways greased irrespective of repeated reminders, all you get in return is a free wash. SA's do not have a clue as to what work was done on the car or its status.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2016, 18:52   #10848

Sync and Marshmallow

My Android device recently got a Marshmallow update. The update seems to have broken the ability for SYNC to read out incoming text messages. Everything else seems to be working fine.
Has anyone faced this problem and any tips on what i need to do to get it to work again.
Old 3rd November 2016, 01:51   #10849
BHPian

I've been experiencing rattling sound / issue while taking sharp right turns or U turns, in my 2 month old Ecosport TDCI Tit+ while driving alone without a co-passenger in the front seat

It was very irritating and upon closer inspection, found that the the co-passenger seat belt buckle is hitting the plastic cladding on the sideline and causing this sound

Anyone else experiencing a similar issue and how to get this resolved? Suggestions please.
Old 3rd November 2016, 09:41   #10850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
I've been experiencing rattling sound / issue while taking sharp right turns or U turns, in my 2 month old Ecosport TDCI Tit+ while driving alone without a co-passenger in the front seat

It was very irritating and upon closer inspection, found that the the co-passenger seat belt buckle is hitting the plastic cladding on the sideline and causing this sound

Anyone else experiencing a similar issue and how to get this resolved? Suggestions please.
This would be in every car. I have experienced it in all my cars. I have added the following cushion on the seat-belt as my wifey finds it uncomfortable to wear the seat-belt. This also helps to keep the buckle away from the cladding.

http://www.amazon.in/Aeoss-Children-...%2Bpillow&th=1

However you need to always ensure that your seat-belt is retracted and not dangling which is what causes more of that sound.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:00   #10851
BHPian

Re: Sync and Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryangel View Post
My Android device recently got a Marshmallow update. The update seems to have broken the ability for SYNC to read out incoming text messages. Everything else seems to be working fine.
Has anyone faced this problem and any tips on what i need to do to get it to work again.
Marshmallow requires that you give specific permission to each app. You can go to settings->apps->'sync app'->permissions and give SMS permission.

Last edited by phynix123 : 3rd November 2016 at 10:02.
Old 3rd November 2016, 20:45   #10852
M^3

Finally took the plunge and booked an Ecoboost Titanium Plus variant in October and the delivery is due tomorrow. Interestingly, while going through the VIN details in etis.ford.com (Thanks a lot arunphilip !), i could not spot side and curtain airbags listed among the features. However, it has detailed everything else I can think of about the car.I don't know if I am being paranoid or not, but i found it odd to miss out such a great feature altogether. Have anyone else come across this situation? Any pointers?
M^3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 12:01   #10853
Senior - BHPian

Upgraded Standard bulbs to Philips Xtreme Vision Plus 130. While its not significantly bright, the throw is much better. It is also whiter than the standard bulbs. I think the OSRAM are slightly more whiter but the throw isn't great as Philips.

Last edited by PrideRed : 4th November 2016 at 12:20.
Old 4th November 2016, 12:27   #10854
vsh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVS1806 View Post
Hello Vsh, please keep us updated about your buying and driving experience. I also own a Dzire VDI and am looking out for a new car. Ecosport is also in consideration. I'd love to know the views of Dzire owner about Ecosport.
Hi.
It is just few days since i got delivery of my trend+, diesel. The car looks big and that is the first difference compared to dzire. Family liked the space and headroom in the back seat. The front seats look small. The dash board, AC and music systems are litlle different here and yet to familiarize with this new environment.

It feels fun to drive, but have not driven much till now.
I will update you once i have enough kms on odo!

Over all looks like a good upgrade
vsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 14:37   #10855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsh View Post
Hi.
It is just few days since i got delivery of my trend+, diesel. The car looks big and that is the first difference compared to dzire.
Welcome to the Ecosport family and congrats! The first thing about owning the car is feeling good about the decision you made and I think you are on target.
The car is built well, the engine pulls well(you can test it post your run in period) The feeling of running over speed breakers and potholes will make you grin every time.

Enjoy the million INR machine..Cheers
Self Driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 15:14   #10856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
With Metro ford (St Marks Rd) over the last 6 years the two major issues I have experienced are cleanliness and lack of communication by the SA. By cleanliness, I mean the interiors are aways greased irrespective of repeated reminders, all you get in return is a free wash. SA's do not have a clue as to what work was done on the car or its status.
You are not alone. Talera Ford in Pune has never returned my car clean ever in the past 3 yrs. Sticky plastic parts, dust accumulation left as is in cup holders in the car, dirty hand prints on door pads ..they do it all. I've given poor feedback every single time and it won't change.

SA never bothers to call me ever with what is happening to my car! I've given up and since my car is outside the 3yr warranty period, am already looking for a decent garage in Pune.
Old 4th November 2016, 20:28   #10857

Re: Sync and Marshmallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by phynix123 View Post
Marshmallow requires that you give specific permission to each app. You can go to settings->apps->'sync app'->permissions and give SMS permission.
Went to Settings -> Apps but there was no Sync App listed there. What do I do now?

I have been using the Sonax 371141 Clear View windshield washer fluid on my other cars. The concentrate has provided wonderful service and I wanted to know whether I can use it in the EcoSport too.
The current fluid that came with the car is blue in color unlike the Sonax and I am not sure whether I could top it up with the Sonax.

Note from Support: Posts merged. Typos.
Old 4th November 2016, 22:21   #10858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryangel View Post
Went to Settings -> Apps but there was no Sync App listed there. What do I do now?

I have been using the Sonax 371141 Clear View windshield washer fluid on my other cars. The concentrate has provided wonderful service and I wanted to know whether I can use it in the EcoSport too.
The current fluid that came with the car is blue in color unlike the Sonax and I am not sure whether I could top it up with the Sonax.

Note from Support: Posts merged. Typos.
By 'sync app' I didn't mean that the app will be named 'sync app'. ☺️ Actually whatever the name of the app you're using to connect to your car. Or else check the SMS app. What are the apps that has got it's permission.

PS: couldn't attach a screenshot from my phone in the tbhp app.
Old 7th November 2016, 02:56   #10859
Senior - BHPian

Good to know that Ford has decided to make airbags as standard across the full range of Ecosport.

Any news on the 4WD varient and the facelift of the Ecosport?

Thanks!
Old 7th November 2016, 09:53   #10860
BHPian

My ecosport Diesel smokes at about 3000 RPM. Is it normal? It's somewhere between mild and excessive.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks