Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2016, 15:46   #10876
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Completed the 50K service. The service costed 14K. The brake pads and front brake disc were replaced. The brake pads could last another 5k but decided to replace them. The new pads have a different design then the old ones. There is a small gap in the middle which is most likely for better heat dissipation.
Also got the wheel balancing and alignment done at the workshop. The regular service charges were around 6.5K. While the parts were pretty cheap, the labour and tax accounted for about 7K! .

After the service the rear suspension was making some noise and found out that the rear coil springs were not set properly. Got them corrected 2 weeks later and all good now.Updated the headlights to Philips Xtreme vision+130 and seeing good improvement over the stock bulbs. The stock MRF's are looking good for another 10K. That's pretty good considering I did Ladakh on the same set and most of its mile comes from Bangalore-Puttur highway drive which has the Shiradi ghat section which is in pretty bad condition.

Last edited by PrideRed : 14th November 2016 at 15:47.
PrideRed is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 10:12   #10877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
No it does not according to Bhpian Murugan's thread. Thanks all the same.
Will update here once I get it sorted out.
Since I had to go out of town for a few days, I had decided to get the issue checked out on my return. I now find that the sound has either disappeared or is barely audible leading me to believe that something could have got stuck on the surface of one of the tyres, which has now fallen off (the car was used by my daughter in my absence).
Anyway since none of the warning lights are on, I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the issue has blown over.
Old 15th November 2016, 10:25   #10878
Senior - BHPian

Ford has unveiled the refreshed Ecosport. Looks neat in my opinion. Dashboard looks more premium and also gets a touch screen infotainment.
While this is the international version, Indian version will have some changes and to my best knowledge will come with tailgate mounted spare tire.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-gal...form=hootsuite

Last edited by PrideRed : 15th November 2016 at 10:28.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 10:32   #10879
BHPian

Ford has unveiled the 2017 Ford EcoSport on November 14 in Los Angeles, ahead of its motor show debut at the LA Auto Show on November 18. Ford has confirmed that the EcoSport is one of four new SUVs that will be introduced in the next four years in the USA. The smallest crossover in Ford’s portfolio will arrive in Q1 2018, slotting below the Ford Escape.

Source: indianautosblog.com

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-2017fordecosportfrontthreequarterunveiledlive.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-2017fordecosportgrilleunveiledlive.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-2017fordecosportinstrumentclusterunveiledlive.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-2017fordecosportinteriorunveiledlive.jpg

Source: One of my Ecosport group

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fb_img_1479186512379.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fb_img_1479186516633.jpg
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fb_img_1479186507175.jpg

Last edited by bageherath : 15th November 2016 at 10:48.
bageherath is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th November 2016, 10:43   #10880
BHPian

Yesterday my Ecosport's right sided ORVM suffered an injury in the traffic. Only the glass and the indicator on the orvm broke, rest of it was okay, the motor was working, the shell and the stalk of the mirror were alright. I went to my local dealer Bhagat Ford for its repair/replacement. I was told that that the indicator and the mirror cost ₹1500 and ₹800 respectively, and the complete assembly would cost ₹2600, so better replace the whole assembly. I gave them a go ahead, but the new mirror assembly, which they gave, did not have the outer cover of the mirror (the one which is body coloured) and also the outer cover of the stalk, which fixes the mirror to the door. Although i would have put the older mirror back cover only, as it was not damaged and the new one would have required to be painted in body colour. But I think mirror assembly means complete assembly, that is it should include the covers also. I could have kept them for future use. Any of the owners who has changed the orvm assembly can shed some light on this. Thanks.
Old 15th November 2016, 11:31   #10881

Got second service done at Saluja Ford Mohali. Cost was Rs. 1800 something. I got wheel alignment and balancing also done there. Cost bumped by 1000+. Was too lazy to got it done outside.

I asked them to scan for any ECU update as there was a service bulletin for Ecosport that said TDCI engine's pickup is reduced and stalling issues are there when car is loaded. They weren't sure what I was referring to. Still got them to plug OBD and scan for it. Their technical guy said ECU = PCM and scanned for it and there was an update for PCM and same was updated. The car's pickup is slightly better. Not sure if that is due to this update or oil change. My bet is on latter.

One issue I am facing after the service is when I start the car (mostly cold start) there's an annoying rattle sound coming either from the center of dashboard or the part of engine bay closer to that area. The sound is similar to when computers hard disk goes bad. The sound stays for 1-2 mins and then goes away but its annoying and does not come at every start. Not sure if this is due to PCM update or due to washing of engine bay. Any pointers would be appreciated.
Old 15th November 2016, 23:23   #10882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Hey Guy's.
Posting here regarding my aunts Ecosport Ecoboost model,year and a half old, Done only 7.9k km.

I just happened to check under the hood since I found the engine clatter sounding a bit like a sewing machine with little screeching sounds when pressing the accelerator, later I checked a couple of you tube videos and found similar behavior but would like to confirm if this is usual...

But the main issues I can see is with the coolant. I can see the coolant liquid bubbling or boiling or jumping around near the outlet where the pipe connects with the coolant tank.
Now I'm not sure if this is due to the engine vibration that's causing the coolant to shake about,coz the engine really shakes while idel but I find the coolant tank to be firm and the coolant near the other side of the tank remains stable, only the area near the pipes seem to be bubbling/ jumping about.:what:

I don't have any video or pics since the car is with my aunt and you can't really make out in the dark.

Has any Ecoboost owner seen such behavior??
Before taking it to the service center which can cause more harm then good,any insight would be great

Regards
Bumping my old post.I still havent taken it to the Service center, aunt was busy and so was i
Saw a couple of videos, the owners and some forums say this phenomena is normal and not entirely related to blown head gaskets or failing water pumps(Which also shows similar symptoms but along with other symptoms as well). Since I dint feel any loss of power, or less mileage i will kind of not hurry and show the vehicle only at its next service 3 months away.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2016, 10:17   #10883
BHPian

I recently went on a trip to Ooty from Bangalore on my Ecosport TDCI. I started hearing a screeching sound in the ghat section while taking turns at speeds above 30-40.

Similar sound comes while braking hard. Being on the drivers seat I always feel the sound is coming from the left of me.

Any inputs on whats happening.

Off topic: I had to slip some clutch on steep inclines a couple of times and I could smell some burn on both the occasions. However, after a few minutes no smell. The vehicles continues to drive well.
Old 16th November 2016, 12:30   #10884
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvshaun View Post
I recently went on a trip to Ooty from Bangalore on my Ecosport TDCI. I started hearing a screeching sound in the ghat section while taking turns at speeds above 30-40.

Similar sound comes while braking hard. Being on the drivers seat I always feel the sound is coming from the left of me.

Any inputs on whats happening.

Off topic: I had to slip some clutch on steep inclines a couple of times and I could smell some burn on both the occasions. However, after a few minutes no smell. The vehicles continues to drive well.
Unless you were ripping through corners(screech is expected), the screech is most likely from the front suspension to me. Put it on a ramp and get it checked at authorized service center. The smell if because of excessive de-clutch resulting in burning of clutch. Smell is common and things get back to normal once the clutch cools off.

Last edited by PrideRed : 16th November 2016 at 12:31.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2016, 00:29   #10885

How does the Ecosport compare to the Scorpio in terms of outright performance. Planning to rent either one of them and was wondering what would be more fun on the Mumbai-Pune expressway?
Old 20th November 2016, 13:25   #10886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamfall View Post
How does the Ecosport compare to the Scorpio in terms of outright performance. Planning to rent either one of them and was wondering what would be more fun on the Mumbai-Pune expressway?
I wouldn't advice to rent out the Scorpio purely based on crash test results.
Old 20th November 2016, 17:29   #10887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont know what do you mean by fun but if its negotiating the ghats, Ecosport has great feedback from the steering and feels more taut. I dont personally like the Scorpio much but i have driven like a 8yr old one which doesnt compare to the newest gen for sure.

But but...eway is not a nice choice for fun unless fun is a car full of friends or noisy kids chatting away. In which case the Scorpio scores with more space.
Old 20th November 2016, 19:51   #10888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
Ford has unveiled the 2017 Ford EcoSport on November 14 in Los Angeles, ahead of its motor show debut at the LA Auto Show on November 18.
Will the same EcopSport come to India also next year? Can we call it an all new generation EcoSport or only a facelift?
Old 21st November 2016, 00:44   #10889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Will the same EcopSport come to India also next year? Can we call it an all new generation EcoSport or only a facelift?
The new ecosport will be called a facelift since there is really no new platform/mechanical changes, just cosmetic. Also the new facelift will be exported from India to the US at the beginning of 2018, so hopefully we will get the facelift before Diwali 2017.
Hoping Ford mates the Ecoboost petrol and the tdci with the dual clutch auto box in addition to all the extra features that we have already been preview to.
Old 21st November 2016, 03:15   #10890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
On the contrary, my SA once told me that it would be a nice practice to just hit the throttle hard once in a while to clear the exhaust.
Yes it's a recommended practice which i follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
Yesterday my Ecosport's right sided ORVM suffered an injury in the traffic.
I was told that that the indicator and the mirror cost ₹1500 and ₹800 respectively, and the complete assembly would cost ₹2600, so better replace the whole assembly.
Any of the owners who has changed the orvm assembly can shed some light on this. Thanks.
What the dealer told you is absolutely correct. The cover doesn't come with the assembly. I also had a couple of mirror changes, and for me all the time the hinge gets broken and i need to buy whole assembly. If you were in my city i could have given you the mirror and indicator i have as spare

Quote:
I have seen rates of Scorpio & Ecosport are same on Zoomcar, quite surprising as Scorpio is more expensive & bigger. Maybe demand for Ecosport is higher to demand a premium. Coming to your question, unless you need more than 2 people sitting on the back, Ecosport will serve you better in the Mum-Pun Expressway due to better acceleration, handling & safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Completed the 50K service. The service costed 14K. The brake pads and front brake disc were replaced. The brake pads could last another 5k but decided to replace them. The new pads have a different design then the old ones. There is a small gap in the middle which is most likely for better heat dissipation.
Your brake pads lasted for quite a long time, mine did for only 37k. Why did you replace the brake disc instead of resurfacing it ?
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks