Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2016, 15:48   #10891
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Your brake pads lasted for quite a long time, mine did for only 37k. Why did you replace the brake disc instead of resurfacing it ?
The car had been to Ladakh and the brakes had taken a beating. Despite this the brakes were performing well. But when you change the pads, there is higher possibility of pads ruining faster with unconditioned disks. Resurfacing is an option but you need time and a thorough professional personnel which i did not have access to. Moreover the pair of disks costed about just 2.5K and selling the old ones to scrap could fetch me 500 bucks.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2016, 15:56   #10892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
On the way back from office a sudden rhythmic thump thump started. Hoping it is something minor.
Looks like something dropped down and then went of all away ! I feel its minor, but would love to know the result of the check up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bageherath View Post
Ford has unveiled the 2017 Ford EcoSport on November 14 in Los Angeles,
Beauty she is !

Headlamps are better, should really do a better job in terms of lighting.

Very curious to know how it does on the road, especially with its suspension. !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Yes it's a recommended practice which i follow.
How frequently do you do this !
Old 21st November 2016, 20:11   #10893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Looks like something dropped down and then went of all away ! I feel its minor, but would love to know the result of the check up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Since I had to go out of town for a few days, I had decided to get the issue checked out on my return. I now find that the sound has either disappeared or is barely audible leading me to believe that something could have got stuck on the surface of one of the tyres, which has now fallen off (the car was used by my daughter in my absence).
Anyway since none of the warning lights are on, I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the issue has blown over.
Looks like it was something minor as I've mentioned above. There doesn't seem to be an issue as of now.
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2016, 23:33   #10894

I am driving Ecosport Titanium TDCi (2016 facelifted & re-tuned version) for the last two weeks. I used to drive a petrol car for last 5 years. At what speed do you shift your gear? I have figured out the following for myself:

~0 - 10 km/hr - 1st Gear
~11 - 35 km/hr - 2nd Gear
~36 - 55 km/hr - 3rd Gear
~56 - 75 km/hr - 4th Gear
~76 and above - 5th Gear

What is the max RPM you can drive this car safely? I have read in many reviews (about cars in general) of them being Rev-friendly (specially HONDA petrols). Personally I don't drive car above 2300-2500 RPM except in highest gear. Do people really drive cars at 3000-4000 RPM at lower gears regularly.
princegaurav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2016, 08:37   #10895
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by princegaurav View Post
I am driving Ecosport Titanium TDCi (2016 facelifted & re-tuned version) for the last two weeks. I used to drive a petrol car for last 5 years. At what speed do you shift your gear? I have figured out the following for myself:

~0 - 10 km/hr - 1st Gear
~11 - 35 km/hr - 2nd Gear
~36 - 55 km/hr - 3rd Gear
~56 - 75 km/hr - 4th Gear
~76 and above - 5th Gear

What is the max RPM you can drive this car safely? I have read in many reviews (about cars in general) of them being Rev-friendly (specially HONDA petrols). Personally I don't drive car above 2300-2500 RPM except in highest gear. Do people really drive cars at 3000-4000 RPM at lower gears regularly.
I drive a 2014 Fiesta which has the same engine as the pre-facelifted Ecosport Tdci. The speed at which you shift your gears is pretty much the same as indicated on the MID. Although I tend to shift into 3rd, 4th and 5th earlier than this when driving sedately.
Diesel engines are generally not that rev friendly as petrols. You can drive the Tdci to about 4500 rpm I think. Personally I too have never revved my car beyond 2700rpm in 2 years. I don't think people generally rev their diesel cars much, although Honda petrols are a different story altogether.
Sebzgeo89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2016, 12:40   #10896

Hi

I brought my ford ecosport diesel titanium verison in Sep 2016 and after 5k run I need inputs on the below two things

1. The headlamps are not really confidence building and I need to replace them without impacting the warranty.

Can you please suggest if philips extreme vision 130 is the right replacement and if the replacement will impact the warranty

2. The antenna for the car is very high and long and typically in a double layer car parking setup in office the antenna gets hit. Any idea or suggestion on what is the right replacement for this- Again without impacting warranty

Amit
Old 28th November 2016, 17:42   #10897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.toshniwal View Post
Hi

1. The headlamps are not really confidence building and I need to replace them without impacting the warranty.
130 W will impact warranty, however results are even better than the HID's. I am using 90/100 W bulbs and they seem to be sufficient. You can also go for the Xtreme Vision 55/60 W range, although the difference is not very appreciable. If you do opt for higher than stock wattage make sure that you install using a relay. Also, 130W is pretty high and gets warm enough to lead to headlamp lens's coloration.

Quote:
Any idea or suggestion on what is the right replacement for this- Again without impacting warranty
You can replace the stock one with sparco antennae. This would not harm any warranty. Quality or reception is almost the same. Be wary, that the back one's will lose color and become greyish, and grey one's will have rusting and become black. Buy from local accessory store as their cost is 3-4 times on the online stores I checked.
Old 28th November 2016, 17:47   #10898
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.toshniwal View Post

Can you please suggest if philips extreme vision 130 is the right replacement and if the replacement will impact the warranty
I think you are referring to the Extreme Vision +130 55/60W H4 bulbs and not for 130 watts bulbs.

130 watts bulbs will void warranty and high chances of the plastic outer of headlight getting blackened over time.

The 55/60W Extreme Vision +130 are same wattage as OEM but have brighter ligght. The difference is not day and night but there is an improvement. The problem is more with reflector design plus cheap OE bulbs. Better bulbs improve the lighting but it's still far from being satisfactory.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 16:22   #10899
VMG
BHPian

Friends

Got a price quote of Ecosport Automatic for Rs.11.25L on road price at chennai.
Stock available.

Is it a good buy? Pl give your suggestions.

Thanks
Old 29th November 2016, 16:29   #10900
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
Friends

Got a price quote of Ecosport Automatic for Rs.11.25L on road price at chennai.
Stock available.

Is it a good buy? Pl give your suggestions.

Thanks
Which version is this? The stock version, Black or Signature edition?

I got mine for ~ 11 (including 3/4 year Extended Warranty, Insurance, reverse camera) and Essential pack, in Pune this June.

So, 11.25l seems okay depending on what this is inclusive of.
Old 29th November 2016, 18:06   #10901
VMG
BHPian

Thanks for your quick reply.

This is base version includes 3/4 warranty.

Regards

Plus insurance also.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 29th November 2016 at 18:08. Reason: merging posts. Pls. use the edit option when replying within 30mins. Thanks,
Old 30th November 2016, 12:07   #10902
BHPian

Hi Folks,

My TdCi has done ~ 36,000kms roughly and i have been experiencing some sqeaky(or minor rattling if i could term it) sound from the boot whenever i hit a speed breaker or a pothole filled road. This sound has been highlighted to the Service Center (Mumbai, Kavish Ford) at every service interval. They repair it and the sound disappears for a while. But within a month or two it resurfaces
Can I get a view from the other owners if they are facing something similar?

Also, my fuel economy seems to have reduced considerably. Not too sure if its the city traffic , my driving or the car itself :S
Old 30th November 2016, 18:05   #10903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girish.purswani View Post
Hi Folks,

My TdCi has done ~ 36,000kms roughly and i have been experiencing some sqeaky(or minor rattling if i could term it) sound from the boot whenever i hit a speed breaker or a pothole filled road. This sound has been highlighted to the Service Center (Mumbai, Kavish Ford) at every service interval. They repair it and the sound disappears for a while. But within a month or two it resurfaces
Can I get a view from the other owners if they are facing something similar?

Also, my fuel economy seems to have reduced considerably. Not too sure if its the city traffic , my driving or the car itself :S
Yes I am facing this issue as well.
This is due to the side opening as well as the weight of the spare tyre weighing on the boot door.
Can't help it, it goes away after a bit of greasing. But a single drive on rough roads, the rattles return.
Old 1st December 2016, 02:23   #10904
BHPian

Hello Folks,
In my 3 months old Ecosport Tit+ TDCI, have noticed the cooled glove box, isn't really having the cooling effect (have checked - the air vent is open within the glove box).

The AC works absolutely fine with no issues inside the cabin. Always have it in Auto mode (varying between 18 to 22 degrees).

Had it checked during my first service as well - service personnel checked for about 30 mins with AC ON - and finally said, "that's the best, this cooled glove box can do - it's only for name sake Sir".

Anyone else facing similar issue?
Eyas337 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2016, 09:17   #10905
Senior - BHPian

Even i faced the Glovebox cooling issue and whatever you have mentioned happened with me as well. I also checked several other Ecosports at the workshop and same result.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks