Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2016, 12:05   #10951
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Yesterday I took a test drive of EcoSport 1.5L Diesel first time
I felt the engine is not quiet as compare to Duster, and the ride quality is not at all comparable with Duster
Overall the vehicle feels small because it is sub 4M
Front seats are very tight fit for me even the thigh support is not longer I feel
Rear seats are really very comfortable but short on space(width) it is only for two
Old 23rd December 2016, 13:01   #10952
BHPian

My Ecosport is 8 months old with 12K KM done. Currently, i have not taken any underbody coating. I think Bangalore's climate does not favor humid to be a strong reason for corrosion(Correct me if i am wrong) and 200mm height make its difficult for any under body scrapes on bad roads. Also, most of the time my ecosport is covered in a closed parking space with the cover on.
Should i really take a step ahead and go for under body coating? Please suggest.

Thanks in advance!
Old 23rd December 2016, 15:26   #10953
BHPian

Hi all , off topic ....got a SMS from Ford india .."The most epic road trips happen in a Ford EcoSport! Check out one such trip starring Lisa Haydon, from India to Thailand. The Trip http://bit.ly/2hghZUg" but page is not working .anybody else recived the same .?
Old 23rd December 2016, 15:37   #10954
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivkumar19 View Post
Hi all , off topic ....got a SMS from Ford india .."The most epic road trips happen in a Ford EcoSport! Check out one such trip starring Lisa Haydon, from India to Thailand. The Trip http://bit.ly/2hghZUg" but page is not working .anybody else recived the same .?
Yeah I got it too and the fb page is not working. Another marketing blunder 😂
Old 23rd December 2016, 22:13   #10955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danychris View Post
How much is the on-road price and did you get any additional accessories?
On road 10.3 lakhs. No additional accessories just the essential kit.
Pequod is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2016, 15:49   #10956
BHPian

2017 Ford EcoSport facelift likely to be launched in January in India!
Is this true? Has any one got a confirmation?

https://www.rushlane.com/new-ford-ec...-12201366.html

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/2017-ford-e...y-india-709370
Old 27th December 2016, 16:34   #10957
BHPian

Friends,
I gave my Ecosport Ecoboost for 30K service 10 days back. I did not had any complaints and it was for general service. I took back the vehicle same day evening after service. I understand apart from normal service, fuel filter was replaced. The next day when driving the vehicle, I found loss of power even with acceleration and had the engine malfunction indicator intermittently blinking. Soon the malfunction indicator was permanently ON. The vehicle also had rough idling (vibrations/jerks in neutral). I gave the vehicle back to service center, they checked the vehicle with OBD and reset the DTC codes. They said there is nothing wrong with the vehicle after resetting the DTC code and delivered it back. I did not see the rough idling issue and took the vehicle back.

I sparingly used the vehicle next couple of days and found vehicle malfunction light turning ON intermittently. Though it was not as bad earlier, still I could sense the intermittent loss of power when accelerating which lead to stuttering. So I again visited service center and reported the issue. They connected OBD and said there are no DTC codes detected. I am surprised to see no DTC code, despite engine malfunction indicator turned ON intermittently. Since there is no DTC code, I took the vehicle. But while driving I continued to sense that loss of power once in a while during acceleration where the vehicle stuttered (for example, while in 4th gear bring down the speed to 60 km/hr and give constant acceleration increasing the speed to 80 or 90 km/hr). While the speed picked up, there was 5 or 6 stuttering. I took couple of videos of malfunction light turning ON, flashes and turns OFF.
When service center guys connected the OBD, there are no DTC codes. I would like to know why DTC codes are not logged despite engine malfunction indicator turning ON intermittently (and turning OFF).
Or will DTC codes get logged only when indicator turns ON and keeps ON?
Regards
Dinesh
Old 27th December 2016, 18:15   #10958
VMG
BHPian

Done first highway trip Chennai to Yercaud and back in my Ecosport Automatic.
Excellent and comfortable drive. Enjoyed every moment.
Surprisingly FE given 16.5 at one stage. I don't know how accurate it is.
One observation is
While pressing Brake is not hard like Honda brio automatic.
Crossed 1000km
Old 27th December 2016, 21:02   #10959
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmax_SP View Post
People. Finally acquired my Black Mamba - The Ford EcoSport 1.5(P) Titanium (Black)
Do put up your thread. I'm taking a pretty serious look at the 1.5 MT as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I too am looking at the Ecosport 1.5 Petrol manual
Did you get your 1.5P yet? Do share your views or better still create an ownership thread if you have the inclination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Exactly the same boat I am in. Have booked a test drive of the 1.5P MT this weekend, but reviews of this variant in terms of long term maintenance costs, real world mileage etc. are literally non-existent. Not just on T-BHP, anywhere else as well.
Couldn't agree more. Wondering why the 1.5P is so scarce. It seems like terrific VFM in trend+

Quote:
Went ahead and booked Ford Ecosport 1.5D Titanium.
Congratulations and good luck! I see you jumped the boat though...
Old 27th December 2016, 21:31   #10960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by isiv View Post
Congratulations and good luck! I see you jumped the boat though...
Oh yes, I did, or rather had to. Took back to back test drives twice of the Petrol and Diesel 1.5's and there is no doubting that the petrol though quite refined and easy natured, is not at all fun to drive. The diesel clatter (if you can call it that, because it's only relative) bothered me initially but having driven now for over 650 kms, I can safely say I am over it, and pretty much addicted to the torque!!! Haven't gone above 2000 rpm yet since the run in is still on.
Old 28th December 2016, 00:33   #10961
BHPian

Quote:
Couldn't agree more. Wondering why the 1.5P is so scarce. It seems like terrific VFM in trend+
Well, it's kind of odd you didn't notice yet,but the 1.5 P is not very exciting to drive, to put it mildly. It's no match for the performance/torque etc of it's fellow EcoBoost and Tdci buddies. It's the same story on the Aspire as well.

That explains why it is shunned by buyers. One drive in the other offerings(read Tdci and Ecoboost) and you will automatically see the difference. There is no zing at all.

This engine only makes sense if you're looking to own the car purely from a money saving perspective and nothing else at all. Now who wants to miss out on a nice meaty performance as an option? That too on a Ford? Not many.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 01:11   #10962
BHPian

Quote:
I can safely say I am over it, and pretty much addicted to the torque!!! Haven't gone above 2000 rpm yet since the run in is still on.
Petrolheads love to revv & redline, something you cant do in a diesel Torque is good, but redlining is more fun. Jokes apart the 0-100 times of the 1.5 petrol is lesser than that of the diesel, however the diesel is more drive-able in city. But in terms of raw speed 1L P > 1.5L P > 1.5L D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidRavi View Post
Should i really take a step ahead and go for under body coating? Please suggest.
My car is over 2 year old and still haven't done under body coating. The service agents try hard to sell this in 1st & 2nd service as they know during that time the service cost is low and the customer may get tempted to spend the extra cash. I believe this is essential only if you live in coastal areas or travel to coastal areas a lot. Otherwise it may not be necessary. Just apply common sense, a manufacturer who sells a 10L car will never skip something essential which cost only 5k and may damage the product in long run. However if you plan to do, its best to go 3M as someone else mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
I felt the engine is not quiet as compare to Duster, and the ride quality is not at all comparable with Duster
Overall the vehicle feels small because it is sub 4M
Front seats are very tight fit for me even the thigh support is not longer I feel
Rear seats are really very comfortable but short on space(width) it is only for two
I wonder whats the big fascination among indians to squeeze as much seat area they can get from a car. Realistically speaking backseat is meant for two people only and if you consider safety, there are only two 3 point seat belts, not three on the back seat. If you want space buy Ertiga / Innova or something with extra row of seats. Ecosport is not a car whose USP is space, so if space is priority its best to stay away from this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Yes my 3.5 year old Ecosport had rattling issues in three places
However hard the service people try and fix, it always comes back after a few weeks.
I am having small but noticeable rattle after 1 year itself. These happened after doing multiple highway runs and driving car over bad roads, bumps & potholes. For me the rattle were coming from front passenger side door & around the bonnet area. The sound is too low to be heard in city, however in highway while driving over broken roads they become noticeable. The service center have a dedicated guy to fix sound issues and he managed to fix most of them during each service visits. However they seem to come back after 3 odd months. Sometimes it hard to replicate the problem while going to service center. Now i got frustrated and ignore the faint ones as its not feasible for me to fix every 4 months by going to ford service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princegaurav View Post
At what speed do you shift your gear?

What is the max RPM you can drive this car safely? I have read in many reviews (about cars in general) of them being Rev-friendly (specially HONDA petrols). Personally I don't drive car above 2300-2500 RPM except in highest gear. Do people really drive cars at 3000-4000 RPM at lower gears regularly.
If you check owners manual, you can find the recommended up shift & downshift speed. Attaching a snip here for your reference.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1.jpg
You can always drive car at higher rpm, but if its a diesel motor anything above that wont make any sense as it will be out of peak turbo power band. I normally stick between 2-3k rpm in my diesel while driving enthusiastically on highways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
How frequently do you do this !
I believe this was given in a owner manual or somewhere related to maintenance. I do it once every 2 months.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 09:31   #10963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
When service center guys connected the OBD, there are no DTC codes. I would like to know why DTC codes are not logged despite engine malfunction indicator turning ON intermittently (and turning OFF).
Or will DTC codes get logged only when indicator turns ON and keeps ON?
Regards
Dinesh
Are the DTC codes the bible for the service center guys? If there is no DTC code and the customer is still complaining about an issue, should'nt they do a more thorough investigation of the problem?
amit.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 09:47   #10964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Petrolheads love to revv & redline, something you cant do in a diesel Torque is good, but redlining is more fun.

Attachment 1589034
You can always drive car at higher rpm, but if its a diesel motor anything above that wont make any sense as it will be out of peak turbo power band. I normally stick between 2-3k rpm in my diesel while driving enthusiastically on highways.
True Sam, the turbo spins at 30 times the rpm of engine in idle condition, so when you are revving at 3000rpm, turbo will spin at 90K rpm. It is always safe to drive between 2-3K rpm and not damage the turbo.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 11:38   #10965
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Did you get your 1.5P yet? Do share your views or better still create an ownership thread if you have the inclination.

Went for i20 instead.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks