Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2016, 05:53   #10966
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Or will DTC codes get logged only when indicator turns ON and keeps ON?
Regards
Dinesh
DTC Codes will only appear when the engine malfunction light appears.
I would recommend you take the service advisor on a drive in order to replicate the issue in his presence else buy a Bluetooth OBD2 reader available online and check the error codes yourself in order to report it to the service centre.
nishantbhatia84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 10:53   #10967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
Are the DTC codes the bible for the service center guys? If there is no DTC code and the customer is still complaining about an issue, should'nt they do a more thorough investigation of the problem?
They are trying to look into it. But it looks they are not able to root cause the issue. Service manager has said they will seek assistance of Ford Tech help during first week of Jan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantbhatia84 View Post
DTC Codes will only appear when the engine malfunction light appears.
I would recommend you take the service advisor on a drive in order to replicate the issue in his presence else buy a Bluetooth OBD2 reader available online and check the error codes yourself in order to report it to the service centre.
I have already took them for a drive and demonstrated the problem. The engine malfunction light appears and blinks for few seconds and later disappears. The strange thing is when connected to OBD, there are no DTC codes showing up. This is where my doubt is, whether it is the right thing?
Will the DTC code gets logged only when the indicator light is permanently ON?
Old 29th December 2016, 11:01   #10968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Will the DTC code gets logged only when the indicator light is permanently ON?
I have a Bluetooth OBD2 device connected and paired with my phone running Torque Pro - throughout the time I'm driving (which is a lot) and the app has an option wherein it shows you all the error codes that cropped up during your drive - you can then inform that to the Ford guys.
Old 29th December 2016, 13:03   #10969
BHPian

It seems Ford has removed few ecosport variants from their offering.
1.0L ecoboost trend +
1.5D trend +
1.5D titanium +
are not to be found on their site.

https://www.india.ford.com/suvs/ecos...ompare-models/

trend+ used to be a good VFM variant.
Old 29th December 2016, 13:51   #10970
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junky View Post
It seems Ford has removed few ecosport variants from their offering.
The options you've mentioned are still listed in the website

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-fe.jpg
Old 29th December 2016, 17:43   #10971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Hi I too have a similar problem with my car. Has anybody tried the shark fin type of antennae ?
I have fitted the Sharkfin on my Ecosport 1.5AT Sea Grey colour got an almost exact colour match from Ali Express... (It took me almost 45 days to receive it, but cost me only US$ 8/- about Rs. 530/-) The Sharkfin does look funny at the front because usually Sharkfin Antenna's are at the rear...However the reception and the quality of the FM is similar with the OEM Antenna.
royfernandez is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2016, 19:24   #10972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
The options you've mentioned are still listed in the website
Dont know why, but am unable to see those variants on their site
have you refreshed your browser?

this is what i am able to see
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport.gif  

Old 30th December 2016, 19:44   #10973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
My car is over 2 year old and still haven't done under body coating. The service agents try hard to sell this in 1st & 2nd service as they know during that time the service cost is low and the customer may get tempted to spend the extra cash. I believe this is essential only if you live in coastal areas or travel to coastal areas a lot. Otherwise it may not be necessary. Just apply common sense, a manufacturer who sells a 10L car will never skip something essential which cost only 5k and may damage the product in long run. However if you plan to do, its best to go 3M as someone else mentioned.
Long ago, when I had bought my car, I had posted this question to the Ford Advisor in their website. And to my horror the advisor told me that there is no underbody protection for the ecosport and they recommend getting an underbody protection done if I live in a coastal area.
Old 30th December 2016, 23:34   #10974
BANNED

Apparently Ford sells the Fiat Multijet engine for diesel in other parts of the world and keeps its outdated tdci engine for developing countries only. When can we expect Ford to put the world class fiat multijet engine in the ecosport?
Old 31st December 2016, 20:43   #10975
Senior - BHPian

I completed PDI of my 1.5L TDCI Trend variant today, will be taking delivery of the vehicle on Jan 4th. It is good to see ABS and Dual Airbags, Rear wiper and de-fogger as a standard feature in the vehicle. The dealer has offered front fog lamps as a freebie, looking forward for a hassle free relationship with the new vehicle.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2016, 21:55   #10976
BHPian

What is the source of your information? Ford very much sells its own engines in Europe. Ford diesels are very competent and have been used in Jaguars/Land Rovers, Peugeot, Citroën and Volvos. Why would they sell Fiat's engines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirana View Post
Apparently Ford sells the Fiat Multijet engine for diesel in other parts of the world and keeps its outdated tdci engine for developing countries only. When can we expect Ford to put the world class fiat multijet engine in the ecosport?

Last edited by jetti : 31st December 2016 at 21:56.
jetti is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 00:31   #10977
BHPian

Quote:

Wrong information! Please share data if you have any .
ranjithrnair is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 11:23   #10978
BHPian

Quote:
This is Incorrect. Ford is one of the most competent Engine Manufacturers and doesn't need Multijet engines sourced from Fiat. They have class defining Diesels which can shame many expensive cars one class above.
hondacity is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 13:13   #10979
AAD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacity View Post
This is Incorrect. Ford is one of the most competent Engine Manufacturers and doesn't need Multijet engines sourced from Fiat. They have class defining Diesels which can shame many expensive cars one class above.

I agree. IIRC, even Jaguar Land Roger used Ford Diesel engines across their range till not so long ago, much after it was sold to Tata Motors and its only now that JLR have launched some models using their own Ingenium series of Diesel engines.
AAD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2017, 20:52   #10980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by junky View Post
Dont know why, but am unable to see those variants on their site
have you refreshed your browser?

this is what i am able to see
The Build And Price webpage also shows only 3 variants in 1.5L Petrol (Ambiente, Trend & Titanium,) and only 1 variant in EcoBoost, Titanium Plus. Looks like Ford is discontinuing the other variants in 2017.

https://www.india.ford.com/build-and...&l=10047&c=Goa

Most Viewed