Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2017, 02:08   #10981
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Not sure why Ford would discontinue offering the top end Tit+ diesel variant.
Old 2nd January 2017, 10:52   #10982
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I completed PDI of my 1.5L TDCI Trend variant today, will be taking delivery of the vehicle on Jan 4th. It is good to see ABS and Dual Airbags, Rear wiper and de-fogger as a standard feature in the vehicle. The dealer has offered front fog lamps as a freebie, looking forward for a hassle free relationship with the new vehicle.
Congratulations. EcoSport is a very good car and I have used it a lot both in the city and on the Highway. The commanding view enables closing the gaps in the city. On the highway, the suspension ensures good cruising speeds and a flat ride. The diesel mill is one gem of an engine and is tractable.

What about your Duster. Did you sell it off?
MCR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2017, 15:03   #10983
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkirana View Post
Apparently Ford sells the Fiat Multijet engine for diesel in other parts of the world and keeps its outdated tdci engine for developing countries only. When can we expect Ford to put the world class fiat multijet engine in the ecosport?
Ford's TDCi engine is used in South American counties by Fiat and Fiat's multi-jet engine is used by ford also(Ford Ka).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ka
Old 2nd January 2017, 18:52   #10984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Congratulations. EcoSport is a very good car.

What about your Duster. Did you sell it off?
Yes, I sold my Duster after fixing all the niggles with my own money. I got a good price since the car was scratch and dent free and had been remapped. I am impressed with the overall quality and safety features on Ecosport. The buying process was also transparent at Cauvery Ford.
Old 2nd January 2017, 22:46   #10985
BHPian

The second generation Ka used Fiat engines for both petrol and diesel because that model was produced by Fiat for Ford.
Quote:
In 2008, the European Ka was replaced with a model developed and produced for Ford by Fiat S.p.A in conjunction with Fiat's own 500 vehicle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjojo08 View Post
Ford's TDCi engine is used in South American counties by Fiat and Fiat's multi-jet engine is used by ford also(Ford Ka).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ka
Don't want to go here.
Old 3rd January 2017, 08:02   #10986
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I sold my Duster after fixing all the niggles with my own money. I got a good price since the car was scratch and dent free and had been remapped. I am impressed with the overall quality and safety features on Ecosport. The buying process was also transparent at Cauvery Ford.

That's first time I hear a Duster to Ecosport conversion. I hope you won't miss the suspension setup of Duster badly . After 3.5 years of use the biggest issue that I face is the stiff suspension of Ecosport!
ranjithrnair is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 08:40   #10987
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ranjith, you have retained your Ecosport from 3.5 years while I have sold my Duster in 3.5 months. I did some long drives in this period with the Duster and absolutely agree with the ride quality and dynamics of the vehicle, but the refinement and quality levels never matched my expectation. Ecosport may not be a Duster but it has all essential safety features and a good diesel engine compared to the overpriced Duster.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 10th January 2017 at 10:49. Reason: Corrected typo as requested.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 12:33   #10988
BHPian

Quote:
I completed PDI of my 1.5L TDCI Trend variant today, will be taking delivery of the vehicle on Jan 4th. It is good to see ABS and Dual Airbags, Rear wiper and de-fogger as a standard feature in the vehicle. The dealer has offered front fog lamps as a freebie, looking forward for a hassle free relationship with the new vehicle.
Welcome to the Ecosport Family. I had read some of your complaints on Duster review threads and was following on your steps in order to resolve the issues you faced with Duster.
I am a happy Ecosport owner(8 months) who had very tough time to decide between Duster and Ecosport. Finally choose the best for my purpose which did not disappoint me at all. Be ready to get used to stiff suspension and Thick A pillar when you come from Duster. Although, you will get used to these in couple of months.Maintain your RPMs and Turbo will pull cleanly although not very rapidly but you will be happy.
I hope Ecosport will meet your expectations. Happy Driving!!

Last edited by RapidRavi : 3rd January 2017 at 12:45. Reason: More details added
RapidRavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 14:38   #10989
Senior - BHPian

Hi Ravi, even Duster has a blind spot while negotiating on the left on curvy roads and the ORVMS are very narrow for city drives. I did a TD of Ecosport in city traffic during peak hour on a busy day, this car did not disappoint me. The car feels bulky while steering on the road but the turbo lag is negligible despite having a FGT. The engine settles down well after the initial clatter. NVH levels are well controlled and there is no intrusion of wind noise into the cabin at high speeds. I have highlighted few advantages of Ecosport Trend vs Duster RXE variant,
  1. ABS and Dual Airbags
  2. Better ABS braking unit
  3. Good heat insulation inside engine bay
  4. Telescopic steering adjustment
  5. Wider ORVM's which are electrically adjustable
  6. Driver seat adjustment
  7. More refined Diesel engine than Renault's K9K
  8. No obstacles near driver seat
  9. Rear defogger and wiper
The switches for Power windows and headlamp adjustment are ergonomically placed. The rear seats are reclining type and there is better legroom when driver seat is adjusted for a tall person.

Last edited by deehunk : 3rd January 2017 at 14:43.
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2017, 15:08   #10990
BHPian

Quote:
The car feels bulky while steering on the road but the turbo lag is negligible despite having a FGT. The engine settles down well after the initial clatter. NVH levels are well controlled and there is no intrusion of wind noise into the cabin at high speeds.
Yes! Your are rite with most of these on comparison with Duster. NVH levels are controlled to a very good extent. In fact, there are many places inside/outside cabin you see thick insulation covers to reduce intrusion. You will definitely enjoy the steering response inside city and equally weighted at high speeds on Highways.Overall, it will be a better VFM package on Trend when compared with RXE. I have driven Duster RXE(Friend owns this) for a good amount of Kms and never felt its better than Ecosport in most of the cases.
Cauvery Ford, yes i got mine from them too. Good service till now.
Old 5th January 2017, 11:46   #10991
BHPian

Hi Guys !

So last night my ecosport started showing the "Water in Fuel" light on the panel. I have driven about 35000 kms and the car is about 3 years old.

Anyone else also facing the same problem ?

The light went off after about 10-15 mins.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance !
Old 5th January 2017, 13:01   #10992
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask4gautam View Post
Hi Guys !

So last night my ecosport started showing the "Water in Fuel" light on the panel. I have driven about 35000 kms and the car is about 3 years old.

Anyone else also facing the same problem ?

The light went off after about 10-15 mins.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance !
Yup I've got this a couple of times. More often than not it goes away after a while but it's best to take it to the workshop and pump out the diesel filter. 5-10 min job really. The diesel filter will have some water residue which needs to be bled or pumped out.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2017, 16:34   #10993
BHPian

My Ecosport's (19 month old) battery is dead. Just found out about it after returning from a 7 day vacation. Although the jump start worked I was wondering what's the ah rating of stock battery and If I do opt for a replacement which brand should i look out for
Old 5th January 2017, 18:23   #10994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
My Ecosport's (19 month old) battery is dead. Just found out about it after returning from a 7 day vacation. Although the jump start worked I was wondering what's the ah rating of stock battery and If I do opt for a replacement which brand should i look out for
I replaced the battery of my Diesel Titanium a few days back after 39 months and 24k km on the ODO
Old 7th January 2017, 18:25   #10995
BHPian

Ecosport Titanium+ infotainment unit gets nifty updates.

- 8" Colour Touchscreen
- DVD Player
- Satellite Navigation
- Reverse Camera
- Door Ajar Warning

Prices increased by Rs. 37,000/- in past 2 months.
Now priced at 10,19,000/- for Titanium+ TDCi ex-showroom Delhi.

Source - Ford CustomerCare

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks