Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2017, 16:06   #11026
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Did not know that Ecosport has a charging point near the rear right door. Can you share pictures of the same.
Only Titanium and Titanium+ have it. It's on the fag right on the rear bench; almost where the wheel arch cladding is.

Pretty cool I must say.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 16:09   #11027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did not know that Ecosport has a charging point near the rear right door. Can you share pictures of the same.
Well, it's in exactly the same position where you've fitted your second 12V socket for your Aspire! I thought you already knew this which was why you chose that spot, to give it an OEM feel.

See the bottom of the following image:

Last edited by arunphilip : 24th January 2017 at 16:10.
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 17:19   #11028
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Well, it's in exactly the same position where you've fitted your second 12V socket for your Aspire! I thought you already knew this which was why you chose that spot, to give it an OEM feel.

See the bottom of the following image:
If only I had known about this before!!
Is that black strap to hold the phone? (can a phone be safely kept there?)

My original plan was to put it on the C pillar, but when it couldn't fit in there, I hunted for alternatives; this took up a lot of time (much to my wife's frustration).

And mine does look a good as the OEM Ecosport's.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4103746

I'm now checking out top-end cars for ideas - just test drove the BMW 3-series GT this weekend and got a couple of neat ideas to implement. FYI, it does not have even a single charger for the back row unlike your Ecosport.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 17:51   #11029
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If only I had known about this before!!
Is that black strap to hold the phone? (can a phone be safely kept there?)
It is to pull/fold the rear seat. The rear seat have three positions: completely back, upright and then folded down.
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 21:08   #11030
BHPian

Why is no one discussing about the special "Platinum" version of Ecosport with the dual tone and cruise control and Touch screen ICE? I'm curious to know if that display can be retrofitted officially in our current cars and I hope they don't price it as ridiculously as the 16K Rs LED DRLs.

Last edited by komalthecoolk : 24th January 2017 at 21:13.
komalthecoolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 21:20   #11031
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Why is no one discussing about the special "Platinum" version of Ecosport with the dual tone and Touch screen ICE?I'm curious to know if that display can be retrofitted officially in our current cars
I believe all of that discussion has been happening on this news thread since no one has taken delivery of a Platinum edition EcoSport as yet.

Coming to your other question, I don't think retrofitting that display is a straightforward plug-and-play, because the Platinum EcoSport does not come with Sync, which means all the ICE/Sync hardware behind the centre console is also different, its not just a matter of putting in a new screen and binnacle.

If you're considering a touchscreen, there are aftermarket kits (example, see below image) that replace the entire display and underlying hardware. Of course, there's not just the hardware, but there is some expertise required in installing this, given that it integrates with the CANBUS and BCM (to get door open warnings, air conditioning display, etc.). While installation might be plug and play, if any troubleshooting is required, it'll require expertise.
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-_57.jpg

Ford have never offered retrofits of any new features onto older cars, and its unlikely to expect them to change that policy, no matter how much we existing customers might wish for it. It will have to be third party.
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 13:22   #11032
BHPian

Thanks,

but the tablet mount idea is a very economical one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
accessory for the Figo, priced at ₹ 16,871.
Endless.... is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 08:54   #11033
Senior - BHPian

I just crossed 1800km on my new Eco Sport (purchased on Jan 6th), it has been a good experience so far driving this compact SUV. The vehicle has been driven extensively on curvy and rough roads, the engine just does not let you down anytime. Since I had a Duster before, the obvious comparison has been on riding comfort, engine performance and visibility. The Eco Sport lives up to my satisfaction as far as engine performance and driving dynamics are considered.
deehunk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 09:44   #11034
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I just crossed 1800km on my new Eco Sport (purchased on Jan 6th), it has been a good experience so far driving this compact SUV. The vehicle has been driven extensively on curvy and rough roads, the engine just does not let you down anytime. Since I had a Duster before, the obvious comparison has been on riding comfort, engine performance and visibility. The Eco Sport lives up to my satisfaction as far as engine performance and driving dynamics are considered.
Good to know the above. And riding comfort? How different do you make it?
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 11:55   #11035
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Good to know the above. And riding comfort? How different do you make it?
The evaluation is still in progress, . A quick comparison below,
  • The difference in handling is evident when climbing up on curvy roads, Duster is superior.
  • The lumbar support is not adequate for driver seat in Eco Sport.
  • In Duster, the dashboard intrudes too much into the legroom for the driver/co-driver, Eco Sport is a clear winner.
  • The back seat legroom is very similar between the 2 cars, Duster only has a wider seat.
  • Ingress and Egress are easy in Eco Sport as noticed by my parents.
  • My height is 5'10", the default steering wheel position is bit low and makes the telescopic adjustment useless.
  • I have a habit of resting my elbow (right hand) on the door, this is a pain unless I adjust the seat height.
  • The A/C performance is superior compared to Duster and Rapid which I previously owned.
  • The brakes are very effective compared to Duster.
  • The fuel efficiency is higher in Eco Sport.
  • The door mounted ORVM's are wide and offers a good view, Duster badly needs a wider ORVM.
I will be going for another long ride with my family and then post a detailed comparison.

Last edited by deehunk : 27th January 2017 at 11:59.
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 14:10   #11036
BHPian

Quote:
I have a habit of resting my elbow (right hand) on the door, this is a pain unless I adjust the seat height.
Have just completed 2500 kms on my Ecosport TDCi purchased on Dec 24, and I have the same issue as above. I am 5ft 6in, keep the seat at its highest position and my right hand / elbow just falls short of the door armrest. Quite the niggle on long drives.

On a different note I just did a trip to Idukki (for non-Malayali members that means steep inclines, hairpins and curvy roads) and I stalled the engine twice on two different inclines (both quite steep), both times in second gear. Revs were at around 1000 rpm both the times, however the vehicle was just not pulling. Coming from seven years of driving a NA 1.2 liter petrol engine (i10), I am wondering if its something to do with my driving style, as this has never happened before.
Pequod is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 14:31   #11037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The evaluation is still in progress, . A quick comparison below,[*]My height is 5'10", the default steering wheel position is bit low and makes the telescopic adjustment useless.

I will be going for another long ride with my family and then post a detailed comparison.
Thanks! look forward to your details comparison.
Re the steering position, won't the tilt adjustment bring it to your needed level?
Old 27th January 2017, 14:38   #11038
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Thanks! look forward to your details comparison.
Re the steering position, won't the tilt adjustment bring it to your needed level?
It touches my tummy.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2017, 19:04   #11039
Distinguished - BHPian

Create Playlists for MP3s - A Utility

I've noticed that when playing songs from a USB pen drive via Sync (either through the 'Play All' or 'Artists' selection), the songs are played in alphabetical order of song title, instead of playing songs by artist > album > track number.
Name:  Sync UI  01 Home Screen.gif
Views: 3899
Size:  54.8 KB

To circumvent this weird behaviour of Sync, I've created a utility that creates playlists for the MP3s on the pen drive, with the songs sorted in the correct order. These playlists can be accessed via the 'Playlists' selection.

Full details are on this thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...s-utility.html (Create Playlists for MP3s - A Utility)
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 11:59   #11040
VMG
BHPian

I have 2016 December model automatic Ecosport. I don't see any knob to adjust the lumber support for driver seat.
Pl let me know how to adjust the lumber support.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks