Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2017, 00:56   #11056
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
Maybe that is the right frequency . Do you see any change in audio quality?
The correct frequency is 95 and there is change in audio quality, due to tuning of 95.05 - hence the concern

Last edited by Eyas337 : 6th February 2017 at 00:58.
Old 6th February 2017, 10:19   #11057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Have any of you been able to update Sync to v5.9?

Every time I try to request the download, whether on Safari/Chrome on Mac or Chrome/IE on Windows, I get a pop-up saying ""Error: Your request has failed. Please request again."

When I look at "What's new in this update", I'm not that enthusiastic about getting/needing it.
I managed to download Sync after about six months of trying. Ford India's owner dashboard page has recently been upgraded and only then I was able to download Sync. The update is not worth the effort, at least I couldn't notice any substantial changes. Voice recognition still does a shoddy job of recognising Indian names. Takes a couple of attempts for it to figure out that I am trying to place a call.
amit.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th February 2017, 13:20   #11058
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Have any of you been able to update Sync to v5.9?

Every time I try to request the download, whether on Safari/Chrome on Mac or Chrome/IE on Windows, I get a pop-up saying ""Error: Your request has failed. Please request again."

When I look at "What's new in this update", I'm not that enthusiastic about getting/needing it.
I had updated to v5.9(from v 5.8) on my Figo Titanium+ before the Ford Owner's website was upgraded. Details here

The one thing I noticed after the update was that the ESPN Cricinfo App was running smoother than before and voice recognition seems to have improved.
skanchan95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 10:14   #11059
BHPian

I recently went for routine wheel balancing and alignment. The alignment guy was not able to remove the wheel nuts and said they are worn out. They advised me to have it changed at the Ford Service center. Anybody else faced this issue before ?
Old 10th February 2017, 10:16   #11060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
I recently went for routine wheel balancing and alignment. The alignment guy was not able to remove the wheel nuts and said they are worn out. They advised me to have it changed at the Ford Service center. Anybody else faced this issue before ?
I had a problem with the wheel nut cover last time around, but not with the wheel nut.
speedmiester is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 10:38   #11061
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I had a problem with the wheel nut cover last time around, but not with the wheel nut.
Yes, I've had this problem. At first, I thought it was a quality issue with the nuts themselves. Later on, I was given this explanation by an SA.

The EcoSport comes from the factory with wheel nuts that have a conical/dome cap. These wheel nuts are not meant to be removed by power tools, like the impact wrenches that tire shops use, instead they should be removed only by a handheld tool, like wrench that Ford give along with the spare tyre. Using a power tool will squash the cap, which will in turn also deform the nut.

You can replace any such damaged nuts with the wheel nuts for the old Figo, that do not have that cap, instead they are flat-topped. The nuts are functionally identical, just differ in the styling. A wheel nut for the old Figo costs about Rs. 200. If you do wish to buy the EcoSport-style nuts, they have a noticeably higher cost.
arunphilip is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 11:06   #11062
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
The EcoSport comes from the factory with wheel nuts that have a conical/dome cap. These wheel nuts are not meant to be removed by power tools like the impact wrenches that tire shops use, instead, they should be removed only by a handheld tool that Ford give along with the spare tire. Using a power tool will squash the cap, which will in turn also deform the nut.
The SA is right with his explanation, there is always a difference between SAE and Metric based sockets, a common problem we face when working in labs and handling parts from different parts of the world. The guys working at non-authorised service centers do not worry about the inches/mm and use power to remove the nuts. When you are forcibly removing a nut with an inappropriate socket you are only damaging the nut.

Last edited by deehunk : 10th February 2017 at 11:11. Reason: edit
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 11:10   #11063
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
The correct frequency is 95 and there is change in audio quality, due to tuning of 95.05 - hence the concern
I will be driving towards Hyderabad next week and will remember to check this issue on my vehicle. A simple check you can still do is by setting the frequency at 94.5Hz if the OEM radio still changes to 95.05Hz, it is due to faulty reception.

Last edited by deehunk : 10th February 2017 at 11:13.
Old 10th February 2017, 22:14   #11064
BHPian

My car's wipers are making noise, and I guess its time to change the blades. What's the size and model number if I want to buy any better blades from brands like Bosch ?
Old 10th February 2017, 22:36   #11065
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
My car's wipers are making noise, and I guess its time to change the blades. What's the size and model number if I want to buy any better blades from brands like Bosch ?
22" and 16" for Ecosport. I picked these up a few months back:

http://www.amazon.in/Bosch-Clear-Adv...bosch+22+wiper

http://www.amazon.in/Bosch-Clear-Adv...bosch+16+wiper
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 23:01   #11066
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
22" and 16" for Ecosport. I picked these up a few months back:
+1 to these frameless wipers from Bosch, and similar ones from Hella. Bosch's frameless wipers are called 'Clear Advantage' and AeroTwin, while Hella's equivalent frameless wipers are the Hella Curvo series (Hella previously had DynaEdge, which has since been replaced by Curvo).

The bad thing about the EcoSport (and now the Figo/Aspire) is that the wipers are parked rather visibly high on the bottom of the windshield, particularly on the passenger side. Frameless wipers have a lower profile, and thus make it look neater.

As Vidyuth said, the front wipers are 22" and 16", and if you wish, you can get a similar frameless wiper for the rear - the rear wiper blade has an OEM size of 11" although it can accept 12" too (see this post for a pic of the 12" blade).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Not sure how much the Hella Curvo 12" costs but I just buy the cheap Autofurnish ones from Amazon and keep changing them yearly.
Good tip - I've been wary about going off-brand for wipers, but you're right, for the rear it really doesn't matter!
For what its worth, the rear wiper is going strong for nearly 2 years now.

Last edited by arunphilip : 10th February 2017 at 23:21.
arunphilip is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th February 2017, 23:13   #11067
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
you can get a similar frameless wiper for the rear - the rear wiper blade has an OEM size of 11" although it can accept 12" too (see this post for a pic of the 12" blade).
Not sure how much the Hella Curvo 12" costs but I just buy the cheap Autofurnish ones from Amazon and keep changing them yearly.

http://www.amazon.in/Autofurnish-Fra...ds=12%22+wiper

So far the second one is still streak free into second year. At 150 bucks for the rarely used rear wiper it's a steal! for the much better look.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2017, 15:23   #11068
BHPian

Anybody know about the 50k service for the Ecosport Diesel TDCi? I'm closing in on the mark and would like to know what awaits me.
Old 12th February 2017, 15:52   #11069
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Anybody know about the 50k service for the Ecosport Diesel TDCi? I'm closing in on the mark and would like to know what awaits me.
Firstly, I trust you're aware that you can calculate your service costs upfront at fordservicepricepromise.com. Looking at that, it gives the following estimate of approximately Rs. 4,000:
Name:  Service Estimate  EcoSport Diesel 50k.png
Views: 5873
Size:  49.6 KB

Given below is the periodic maintenance service (PMS) schedule for the EcoSport. The 50k service is a regular service with an oil change (and associated oil filter/gasket). It also includes a change of the A/C pollen filter, which costs a few hundred rupees. I would suggest you ask for and get the engine air filter also changed (although Ford recommend changing it every 20k kms, for our dusty conditions I'd prefer changing it every 10k).

Apart from that, the inspection might throw up replacements based on wear and tear, such as the brakes or wiper blades; all of which vary on a car-to-car basis.

Name:  Ford EcoSport PMS Schedule  Page 1.gif
Views: 5112
Size:  79.3 KB
Name:  Ford EcoSport PMS Schedule  Page 2.gif
Views: 4969
Size:  75.3 KB
Name:  Ford EcoSport PMS Schedule  Page 3.gif
Views: 5242
Size:  71.6 KB

Last edited by arunphilip : 12th February 2017 at 15:55.
arunphilip is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 13th February 2017, 21:16   #11070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Other than the regular serivce costs, if you have not changed your brake pads, please get them checked. There are chances that these need replacement. The pair should cost you about 4-4.5K including labour and tax.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks