Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2017, 12:46   #11221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitish.h View Post
Reported a minor shuddering during clutch operation in lower gears which had seemed to appear lately after driving continuously for an hour or so. Requested for a clutch bleed and check up.
Was the above issue rectified? What was the feedback from the SA? My TDCI has done 37k and have been observing a slight shuddering after a highway run of few hours followed by city traffic. Gets back to normal after a cooling down period. Not sure if I need to report it as the clutch is otherwise fine.
The reason to go to service is that the rubber hose from the wind shield wiper has been cut again. Not sure if its a rat entry, but its the second time.
Old 1st May 2017, 22:39   #11222
BHPian

No reply to my query a few days back so posting again. Has anyone faced an issue where the parking (hand) brake doesn't hold on inclines? Having this problem since the last couple of weeks and I wanted some feedback before taking it up with the service centre. Mine is a Dec 2016 Tdci.
Old 1st May 2017, 23:04   #11223
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Mohit, I am not able to make out what is misaligned from the pics. It looks quite ok.

The gap between the left and right is going to be there since the hinge for the boot is on the left. You need extra clearance on the left side for the edge to go inside when the door opens. It's there in all cars. If you see the review on page 1, I have pointed out this gap in 2013.
This is the gap I am talking about. It looks really ugly and if you notice clearly there is even some white paint on the top of the tail light. If you try to press it, then there is some movement also, as in the light can be pushed inside.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20170430_124343.jpg
Old 2nd May 2017, 02:39   #11224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surya-TJet View Post
1. While maintaining 60-70, the instantaneous fuel economy on the MID is shown as 30+

2. While driving on the highway at speeds of around 90-95, it shows 24-27.

3. But if I go to just above 100 (maybe 102-103), it is showing only 18.

Are these fuel economy figures normal and can I expect an improvement post first service at 2500kms?
It depends at what speeds gear shifts happen and also if you continue to have the accelerator pedal pressed while cruising. If you release the A pedal, at all the mentioned speeds -> you would again notice the instant FE increase to 30+. Also if you happen to accelerate linearly (rather than pressing hard on the A pedal), then mostly with the right gear shifts as below at given speeds -> you would notice the instant FE indicator at 30+

1st gear -> up to 10
2nd gear -> up to 20
3rd gear -> up to 30-35
4th gear -> up to 50
5th gear -> above 50
(hoping its a flat road drive and not on inclines)
Old 2nd May 2017, 10:54   #11225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
Observed a peculiar problem on my Dec 2016 Ecosport TDCi. Today while taking the car out of the garage, I inadvertently forgot to release the handbrake; the vehicle moved forward around 10ft and I also did a reverse manoeuvre before noticing that the handbrake was engaged.

I then tested on a slope and noticed that the vehicle was crawling forward in neutral gear (quite slowly though) even when the handbrake was engaged; however when I tried the same backward (vehicle backwards downslope in neutral) the vehicle didn't move.

Is this a problem with my vehicle or is the handbrake designed to behave this way by Ford?😟
It happens in my Ecosport TDCi as well, if the handbrake is not fully engaged (fully engaging takes a lot of effort). It also happens while the vehicle is moving and I try to stop using handbrake; vehicle stops only gradually as if handbrake is not working well. On inclines it manages to keep the vehicle stationary but I would not rely on it alone while parking the vehicle on steep incline.
Old 2nd May 2017, 11:14   #11226
BHPian

Unfortunately, I have lost the spare key of my vehicle. It has been in the confines of my bedroom - just not able to find it.

Is anyone aware of the process for getting a duplicate. Also, what is the approximate cost. I have a TDCI Titanium Ecosport that comes with request sensors.
Old 2nd May 2017, 11:48   #11227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvshaun View Post
Unfortunately, I have lost the spare key of my vehicle. It has been in the confines of my bedroom - just not able to find it.

Is anyone aware of the process for getting a duplicate. Also, what is the approximate cost. I have a TDCI Titanium Ecosport that comes with request sensors.
Get in touch with Ford A.S.S.; if you're not confident that you can find that key back, might be a good idea to change all locks altogether.

You can place an order and Ford will issue the new key set.

Also, check your Insurance policy if you have a add-on for key replacement; it'll save some cost.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 12:10   #11228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
This is the gap I am talking about. It looks really ugly and if you notice clearly there is even some white paint on the top of the tail light. If you try to press it, then there is some movement also, as in the light can be pushed inside.
Looks like there is a minor paint touch-up done on the circled area. Towards the left of the circle it looks like they used a brush to the the paint. Maybe a ding/dent occurred during transportation. Hope it is not something major that dealer tried in covering up. Do check the panel below the lights as well for any touch-up.
Old 2nd May 2017, 12:14   #11229
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post

Attachment 1635132
Why is their overspray paint on the tail light? Car is painted in the plant before fitting headlights.

Only reason why the tail light will have paint residue is if some touch up job has been done before delivery at the dealer level. Pls check with them.

Also, you could try refitting the tail lamp and see if the alignment was off.
Old 2nd May 2017, 22:24   #11230
BHPian

I've installed XP Micro projectors on my EcoSport and have written a short review linked below.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4192317
k.sumit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 06:38   #11231
BHPian

After the 20000km service, from around 22000km reading onwards, i have been hearing a vibrating sound from the engine side, at around 1800rpm.
The sound is quite loud when the engine is cold, and while accelarating with a heavy foot. It gets slightly muffled, when the engine gets warmed up to the normal operating temperature. Rest everything is okay, acceleration is proper, no smoke, what could be the issue, experts please advise, will visit FASS, in a few days. I will try to record it if possible.
Old 3rd May 2017, 13:26   #11232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjithrnair View Post
Seems like starter solenoid which is fixed along with the Starter motor assembly. Please get its reliability checked.
Starter Solenoid !

Are these starters prone to cold temperatures, can they just act the same. Btw this is not the first time in wayanad. Very curious, the SA might say it would be fine - would be up for my coming service.
Old 4th May 2017, 05:37   #11233
BHPian

Got my 50k service done on the tdci. Cost me about 8.8k because I replaced the brake pads as well. Have about 8000 kilometers to go on the stock MRF's before they need replacement. Incredibly happy the way they've lasted.
createrkid is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 16:40   #11234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Got my 50k service done on the tdci. Cost me about 8.8k because I replaced the brake pads as well. Have about 8000 kilometers to go on the stock MRF's before they need replacement. Incredibly happy the way they've lasted.
Wow, thats quite good for MRF's and I am sure that they are cheaper than the stock Good Year. How about the road grip and road noise.

Any experience in bad roads with punctures ?
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2017, 23:56   #11235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Wow, thats quite good for MRF's and I am sure that they are cheaper than the stock Good Year. How about the road grip and road noise.

Any experience in bad roads with punctures ?
Road grip is more than satisfactory for my kind of driving and I drive rather enthusiastically on the highways which says a lot. The ecosport is certainly not a corner carver so absolute grip can be neglected.

Road noise is the one and only downside of this tyre, personally, it doesn't bother me at all with the windows rolled up. Michelin is soft and won't last as long as your MRF's but it's a gem to those who prefer ride quality and NVH over absolute performance. I like to think of MRF's as your running sneakers, they'll last you a long time but they'll make a racket trying. Michelin, on the other hand are more like your plush bathroom slippers, they're comfortable and you wouldn't want to go anywhere without them.

You won't believe me but I've had no punctures at all. At 50k, my spare sits at the back unused. I've been to kanyakumari, pondicherry, cochin, ooty and to about 80 percent of South India and I'm going to Mumbai next week. Still, I carry a puncture repair kit because you never know. My front right tyre has a tiny bit of rubber chipped off somewhere between the sidewall and the patch but it isn't something of concern. Overall, I'd say that I'm pretty happy with MRF's. I've had michelins on my Hyundai Getz before and although they've been lovely, I had to get rid of them after 30k kilometers only to switch back to MRF's again. You can never go wrong with hard compound tyres. I believe I remember reading about someone on this forum changing their MRF's after 65k on their Tata Safari, don't quite remember who it was. Anyway, I hope this answers your question. :-)

Last edited by createrkid : 5th May 2017 at 00:02.
createrkid is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks