Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2017, 12:47   #11236
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
Road grip is more than satisfactory for my kind of driving and I drive rather enthusiastically on the highways which says a lot. The ecosport is certainly not a corner carver so absolute grip can be neglected.
That was quite a testimonial. Thanks for your constructive feedback.

About 3 years back when I bought my car, the roads here in Cochin was terrible. And I think by far I have put my tyres to all probable abuses. But none of them have been regular. I am not a regular highway guy and dont put the throttles so hard on highways. Back home in wayanad the roads have always been great.

Roughly had around 10-12 punctures, 2 tears on the sidewalls which are now vulcanized. GoodYear is very load on the tarmac, and as you said not good during pleasant drives.
They have lasted long as the grip is not that bad with 48K on the odo.

The Bridgestone Duelers on my XUV went till 70K. My cousins Duster had MRF's (probably the most ill treated cars i have seen) had them serve him till 60K.

Anyway thanks for the info, let me add MRF to my search list, still looking for Yokohamas too. I may have to stretch my budget a bit, but MRF should be value for money.
peterjim13 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 18:20   #11237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
That was quite a testimonial. Thanks for your constructive feedback.

About 3 years back when I bought my car, the roads here in Cochin was terrible. And I think by far I have put my tyres to all probable abuses. But none of them have been regular. I am not a regular highway guy and dont put the throttles so hard on highways. Back home in wayanad the roads have always been great.

Roughly had around 10-12 punctures, 2 tears on the sidewalls which are now vulcanized. GoodYear is very load on the tarmac, and as you said not good during pleasant drives.
They have lasted long as the grip is not that bad with 48K on the odo.
Looks like I spoke too soon, I was fitting some lights in my car and I noticed a medium sized cut on the sidewall in the rear right tyre. I have an unused spare but it's 3 years old. I'm a bit skeptical but I'm going to use it anyway. Will judge its performance by driving at 80kmph for a few hours.
Old 6th May 2017, 15:45   #11238
BHPian

Have given my car for service yesterday. Two issues, one the wiper hose is cut, second a loud metal clank sound when driving slowly over bad roads. There is no issues or sound or vibration when on smooth roads even at 80kmph. But when on slow rough patch it feels like something is about to fall off from the engine bay, but no vibrations on the pedals or steering. The service guy was able to recreate the issue during the road but till yesterday evening they were not able to figure out the problem part. Its the first time in 7 years one of my ford cars has been kept in the service center overnight. Hope to get an update this evening.
Old 6th May 2017, 18:28   #11239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Have given my car for service yesterday. Two issues, one the wiper hose is cut, second a loud metal clank sound when driving slowly over bad roads. There is no issues or sound or vibration when on smooth roads even at 80kmph. But when on slow rough patch it feels like something is about to fall off from the engine bay, but no vibrations on the pedals or steering. The service guy was able to recreate the issue during the road but till yesterday evening they were not able to figure out the problem part. Its the first time in 7 years one of my ford cars has been kept in the service center overnight. Hope to get an update this evening.
Update: As usual with ford the Service Advisor was useless. Never picked my calls all day. Had to contact the service manager for updates. He mentioned over phone the car was ready and the service technician who took the road test told that the issue was some loose components in the suspension. Went over took a road test and found the car to be fine. The technician himself completed the billing in 5 mins. They discounted all of the labour charges and charged for just the car wash that I had asked for.
Old 7th May 2017, 23:13   #11240
BHPian

I have just remapped the ECU from Code6. Its been a month. The Code6 team came to Kolkata and did the remapping.

The car is now amazingly fast and pulls very well. The main reason I remapped was the initial torque which was a pain in the hills. The initial has increased marginally, but once the turbo kicks in the car goes really well.

Already done 2000 km after the remap and found no problem so far.

We did vbox test and the car did 11.5 secs with AT tyres.
Old 8th May 2017, 09:26   #11241
BHPian

Dear friends, I got an offer from the dealer for 12.4 Lacs OTR faridabad for Vento TDI DSG Comfortline. Do you think this is a sweet deal? I am currently out in the market shopping for a new car where my running is around 75 KMS / day for daily office commute from Faridabad to Noida. And also would make once a quarter highway trips. Most of the times it will be driven alone and weekend getaways in a quarter with family. I am considering Scross 1.3 Alpha (OTR 11.9), Ecosport Titanium TDCI (OTR 10.7), Titanium+ (11.40). I am in a big fix what to choose? I am getting mixed reviews. Keeping Vento aside for a moment can you provide which is better ES or SCross 1.3? Also I want to know how is the high speed stability of es is vs scross on highways and which of them has a good pulling power with full 5 adults and on full load? The drive on highways should be planted and the engine shouldn't be noisy at high speeds (say at 120+) on highways.. I need to finalize in next 2-3 days. Can experts help please?
Old 8th May 2017, 12:03   #11242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
I am considering Scross 1.3 Alpha (OTR 11.9), Ecosport Titanium TDCI (OTR 10.7), Titanium+ (11.40). I am in a big fix what to choose? I am getting mixed reviews.
My friend was in the same fix a few months back, so I did a thorough test drive & analysis of both the cars. Considering I too drive daily from Faridabad to Noida, my answer will take in the road conditions as well.

So, here are my comparison points:

S-Cross 1.3

+ Really spacious & comfortable, can seat 5 adults and take in a lot of luggage with ease.
+ Suzuki reliability.
+ Super planted at high speeds.
+ Cheap spare parts.
O Turbo lag is well controlled, so in city-driving would not be painful.
O It's a low selling model, so resale won't be as high as other Maruti's.
- I personally feel that 1.3 remains comfortable till 120KMPH. Beyond that it's audible and not as fast.
- I am not a fan of its looks.

Ecosport

+ Turbo lag absent. City driving would be better than S-Cross 1.3.
+ Solid, heavy metal feel.
+ Proper SUV looks.
+ Better pull than S-Cross 1.3 at speeds higher than 120.
O At speeds greater than 120, S-Cross would feel more planted.
O Lighting ain't good, as mentioned in various posts.
- In comparison to S-Cross, the cabin is really tight, both legroom & cabin width.
- The driver's seat is not comfortable for a broader built person.
- Rear seat strictly for 2 adults only.

My friend went in for S-Cross primarily because his is a family of tall persons & he rarely crosses the 100 kmph mark.

Vento is a dated model with a really loud diesel engine. Out of the 3 cars you mentioned, I would consider S-Cross 1.3 for its space & practicality.

And, Ecosport for its looks, a bigger engine & solid feel.
Old 8th May 2017, 13:10   #11243
BHPian

Guys,

Need your advise.

I'm currently looking to buy petrol Ecosport AT as it ticks all the right boxes for me.

But as I understand Ford will be launching the all new Ecosport by end of this year. I don't need a car desperately so would it be a good idea to wait for another six months or the new Ecosport will only have minor (cosmetic?) changes?

TIA.

Sorry for back to back post but please someone can also confirm if touch screen navigation system can be retrofitted in Ecosport AT? I can see it as accessory on Ford website but not in brochure.

Last edited by Jaggu : 8th May 2017 at 17:43. Reason: Back to back posts. Thanks.
Old 8th May 2017, 17:25   #11244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
The ecosport is certainly not a corner carver so absolute grip can be neglected.
I understand that personal opinions often differ, but I want to highlight that there are people who think otherwise too.

Quote:
what impressed Narain Karthikeyan was how well the Ford EcoSport SUV allowed him to attack the corners.
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-fea...-362741.aspx/0
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 03:19   #11245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-sense View Post
I understand that personal opinions often differ, but I want to highlight that there are people who think otherwise too.
Good to know but I for one won't be driving like Mr Karthikeyan on MRF's.
Old 9th May 2017, 09:47   #11246
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_d_Kool View Post
But as I understand Ford will be launching the all new Ecosport by end of this year. I don't need a car desperately so would it be a good idea to wait for another six months or the new Ecosport will only have minor (cosmetic?) changes?
What Ford did recently was take out some features and add others.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post4124271

It is anybody's guess how the next gen EcoSport will be in terms of safety and convenience features vis a vis the current one.

Depending on how the new one is, the resale of the current gen will be affected.

So, there's no firm decider. An easier thing to do, especially since you're not in a hurry, would be to wait until the new gen is announced and then decide what you like better.

If you like the current gen better, you'll even get some good deals due to stock clearance.

Quote:
Sorry for back to back post but please someone can also confirm if touch screen navigation system can be retrofitted in Ecosport AT? I can see it as accessory on Ford website but not in brochure.
Check with your dealer; my dealer said there's a touch screen nav system that they can retrofit in my '16 EcoSport but some BHPian have heard otherwise from their dealers.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 14:55   #11247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_d_Kool View Post
Guys,

Need your advise.

I'm currently looking to buy petrol Ecosport AT as it ticks all the right boxes for me.

TIA.

As someone who bought an EcoSport AT last month, I can say this - there are currently a number of offers on the car including 8% interest rate because of the the new ones imminent arrival. The new car may not have these offers on it.

On the other hand, the AT loses all the features that have been removed and gets none of the new ones that have been added.

Depending on your needs it maybe worth waiting. That was not an option for me.

Last edited by StarScream : 9th May 2017 at 14:58.
Old 9th May 2017, 15:22   #11248

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaglanR View Post
Dear All,
I am facing a big problem with my Ford Eco-Sport Titanium AT which is just 5 month old.
At times it fails to start whenever I press the start button. It makes starting noise for 2-3 seconds and then not able to start the engine.
The battery is not dead as the next day car is able to start in first attempt itself.
I’ve faced this problem three times in last two weeks.
Till now, Ford service center also not able to rectify this problem yet and today again I’ve sent the car to service center.
If anyone has any idea about this problem pleases help.
Thanks
I am also facing same issue with my AT variant Ecosport. I have shown this to the ford service center and they have updated all the associated software, cleaned fuel line, spark plug, checked the start/stop button. However, this doesn't seem to have solved the issue. Ford has asked me to contact Operations/ Sales Head of Ford India wherein these issues can be brought to their notice. They usually arrange for a special backend task force team who has expertize in handling such technical/ mechanical issues.

I am yet to do this. Therefore, if you can share your details, then I can take this matter as a group, instead of individual problem.
Old 9th May 2017, 16:14   #11249

Hi,
Well my problem is still not solved by service station. They have done all things you have mentioned and also changed PCM. It worked fine for 4-5 days and problem occurred again. But I have found a work around. You can also try this.
1. When you press "push button" and it do not start. Leave the button and come to initial position.
2. Press accelerator pedal fully and leave it (of course car is off at this step).
3. Again press push button as you did before
4. Car should start now

Thanks
jaglanR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2017, 19:56   #11250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeshsurroach View Post
Ford has asked me to contact Operations/ Sales Head of Ford India wherein these issues can be brought to their notice. They usually arrange for a special backend task force team who has expertize in handling such technical/ mechanical issues.

I am yet to do this. Therefore, if you can share your details, then I can take this matter as a group, instead of individual problem.
Funny to hear that you have been asked to contact Ford India. Shouldn't the service center or service manager be doing that job?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks