Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2017, 18:58   #11281
BHPian

Re: Spare Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStarted View Post
please can anyone clarify this

- i have bought a used ecosport 1.5P Titanium MT, it comes with keyless entry, previous owner gave me just one remote, did Titanium came with two keyless entry remote ?

Thanks,

checked with previous owner and he found second remote, so yes Titanium did came with two remotes
Old 27th May 2017, 18:40   #11282
Senior - BHPian

Ford SYNC AppLink Gets Five New Apps

Not sure if this is applicable for EcoSport, but still posting here for reference.

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/fo...ew-apps-18846/

-Ravi
Old 28th May 2017, 10:14   #11283
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford SYNC AppLink Gets Five New Apps

I recently got an lighting upgrade on my EcoSport: fitted the XP Micro 3 inch projectors in place of the stock fog lamp.

Massive improvement in visibility!

Detailed report here:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4206434

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_0545.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Not sure if this is applicable for EcoSport, but still posting here for reference.

https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/fo...ew-apps-18846/

-Ravi
Being discussed here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...ml#post4206076
libranof1987 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th May 2017, 10:26   #11284
BHPian

I'm facing a funny problem with my petrol ecosport. If the car stalls, coz of releasing clutch too fast while in gear, it doesn't start again. And gives me abs malfunction error. Thankfully it hasn't happened many times. 3 times in one year so far. The ford breakdown person comes, jump starts the car, and everything is fine after that. I got it serviced recently, and had asked for it to be checked up. But I was told there's nothing wrong with the abs or battery. Any clues on what causes this? And how to avoid it?
Old 28th May 2017, 14:08   #11285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gautam View Post
I'm facing a funny problem with my petrol ecosport. If the car stalls, coz of releasing clutch too fast while in gear, it doesn't start again. And gives me abs malfunction error. Thankfully it hasn't happened many times. 3 times in one year so far. The ford breakdown person comes, jump starts the car, and everything is fine after that. I got it serviced recently, and had asked for it to be checked up. But I was told there's nothing wrong with the abs or battery. Any clues on what causes this? And how to avoid it?
Personally for me 3 times would make me seriously doubt on future reliability, imagine this happening at a desolate location. A better way to diagnose this issue would be to tow the car back to the service centre without getting it jump started. Ask the service guys to do an OBD scan and read out all error codes.
Old 29th May 2017, 00:33   #11286
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStarted View Post
checked with previous owner and he found second remote, so yes Titanium did came with two remotes
Glad that's sorted. I am not sure of it is okay to ask, but do you mind sharing the deal for the pre owned ecosport you bought. Actually i am looking at selling my car, but am unsure if my asking price is a little too high. Mine is a white ecoboost titanium (keyless one), ran ~26k, will turn 4 yrs this September. I am currently looking at a price of around 6 - 6.2 lacs. Any pointers is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 29th May 2017, 09:31   #11287
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhrubo View Post
Glad that's sorted. I am not sure of it is okay to ask, but do you mind sharing the deal for the pre owned ecosport you bought. Actually i am looking at selling my car, but am unsure if my asking price is a little too high. Mine is a white ecoboost titanium (keyless one), ran ~26k, will turn 4 yrs this September. I am currently looking at a price of around 6 - 6.2 lacs. Any pointers is appreciated. Thanks.
sure, mine is august 2013 registered Titanium 1.5P MT, current odo is 45K. bought it in 5 lakhs,
Old 29th May 2017, 17:05   #11288
BHPian

Ford has started showing Auto-dimming Mirrors on its website. Since when are they offering this and in what variants? It wasn't there till as recently as July 2016, as pointed in the libranof1987's ownership review. The variant comparison also doesn't show this.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-autodimming_irvm.png

Source: Ecosport Features

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
I think back in 2013 when ES was launched, Ford provided an official accessory with reverse camera integrated IRVM which also has day / night mode. I read the same in Ecosport rules's ownership thread as well.

However, when checked with the dealer about this, reverse camera display cannot be integrated with the automatic day/night mode IRVM (this feature only comes with Titanium+ diesel and probably Titanium AT version as well).
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
It doesn't come with Titanium AT; I had a lengthy discussion with the dealership accessories guy yesterday. He mentioned that he had had enough arguments with Ford about it: Ford has authorized a Nippon reverse camera that has an integrated display on what seems like an eletrochromic mirror. However this mirror doesn't have auto or manual dimming feature. Apparently, Ford or Nippon aren't doing anything about it.

Any idea if we can get this done outside? A bunch of BHPians have retrofitted the electrochromic mirror.
Old 29th May 2017, 17:12   #11289
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Ford has started showing Auto-dimming Mirrors on its website. Since when are they offering this and in what variants? It wasn't there till as recently as July 2016, as pointed in the libranof1987's ownership review. The variant comparison also doesn't show this.
The current brochure on Ford's website does show an electrochromic IVRM on the Titanium+ variants.

It says rear view camera is part of standard equipment on Titanium+.

Looks like all these changes happened recently when they took out some features and added others.

I doubt the image they have shown of the mirror is correct; electrochromic mirrors typically have a sensor at the bottom. That sensor determines when the night mode comes on. Funny!

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screen-shot-20170529-17.08.30.png
Old 29th May 2017, 17:45   #11290
BHPian

Discounts to the tune of 30k on ecosport from July 2017

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/58894917.cms
junky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 17:49   #11291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post

Attachment 1643523

Source: Ecosport Features
It's been there since a while, My Nov 2016 Titanium+ TDCi came with it.
Nifty feature if you hit the highway often, helps with the trucks too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junky View Post
Discounts to the tune of 30k on ecosport from July 2017

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...w/58894917.cms
Does the tax-incidence on a sub-4m car decrease under GST to warrant a price-cut?

BTW, ford has jacked up the price quite a bit in past year - they may take this opportunity to correct it.

Last edited by moralfibre : 26th June 2017 at 09:37. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 29th May 2017, 18:35   #11292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurag.somani View Post
Does the tax-incidence on a sub-4m car decrease under GST to warrant a price-cut?

BTW, ford has jacked up the price quite a bit in past year - they may take this opportunity to correct it.
It could be just to clear old stock to make way for the upcoming new model
early initiative
Old 30th May 2017, 01:48   #11293
BHPian

Just bumped into a recent commercial of Ecosport featuring the new design:

Old 30th May 2017, 10:55   #11294
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
I am very happy with HDFC Ergo zero dep insurance which i got from a agent for the following reasons:
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
I just renewed my 2016 Ecosport's (Titanium Plus Diesel) Insurance with HDFC ERGO in the past week. I paid 24705/- for 950000 IDV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsby_great View Post
Subsequent to completion of first year of 1.5 D titanium (9.25 ex showroom) with no claims in that period, I renewed the insurance by taking United India for 15k on an IDV of 7.92 lakhs. It is zero depreciation policy but not cashless. Not sure about engine protection.
I called up Talera Ford, Pune and the lady said Bajaj, Royal Sundaram and New India are their preferred vendors. Iffco Tokio is one too but advised against it as claims weren't as smooth.

She then went on to say that I have to take the policy from a Ford dealer else the cashless facility won't be guaranteed outside Pune. Also that if I change vendors and want to take the engine protector add-on, there will be an inspection.

She just couldn't believe it that I took my insurance during car purchase by myself and not my Ford dealer. Went on to say that I took a risk.

I'll call Ford today and decide how to proceed. I saved almost 10k by taking insurance myself and not through my dealer so I know they have a strong motivation in indulging in such tactics.
Old 30th May 2017, 16:13   #11295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I called up Talera Ford, Pune and the lady said Bajaj, Royal Sundaram and New India are their preferred vendors. Iffco Tokio is one too but advised against it as claims weren't as smooth.

She then went on to say that I have to take the policy from a Ford dealer else the cashless facility won't be guaranteed outside Pune. Also that if I change vendors and want to take the engine protector add-on, there will be an inspection.

She just couldn't believe it that I took my insurance during car purchase by myself and not my Ford dealer. Went on to say that I took a risk.

I'll call Ford today and decide how to proceed. I saved almost 10k by taking insurance myself and not through my dealer so I know they have a strong motivation in indulging in such tactics.
It seems that you called up their sales office. Their job is to sell cars and overpriced insurance. Their bonus depends on it. So their behavior is quite natural. Simply go to the authorized workshop which is near you and talk with the service adviser who deals in repairs. Ask which insurance providers have cashless tie ups with them. No need to say where you are planning to but car from their sales branch or just say preowned. Inquire the same in some other workshop in case you have multiple in your area.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks