Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2017, 08:39   #11521
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruben View Post

I have been using since past couple of months and its running fine with no issues, even though it says 32GB max, i have managed to insert 64GB and its able to consider this card, the best is the Front Camera, it covers everything and has superior clarity, you can make out the number plates of moving vehicle easily, check out the pics below I had one of the ford guy install this without cutting the main wires, he also did install this Red switch for me which makes it look cool with no wires running on the dashboard.

Aliexpress link: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...825137350.html
That looks good value for money. Would like to know more about the installation. Is it connected directly to the battery, because there doesn't seem to be any wires from the car charger port. What is the red switch for? Also, how is the rear view camera connected to the main unit and to the power supply?
Old 2nd November 2017, 09:40   #11522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
That looks good value for money. Would like to know more about the installation. Is it connected directly to the battery, because there doesn't seem to be any wires from the car charger port. What is the red switch for? Also, how is the rear view camera connected to the main unit and to the power supply?
As I informed earlier, this was installed by a known guy to me who works in Ford Accessories department, these guys install most of the Gizmo stuffs in to the vehicle post production, so he knows about the vehicle in detail and more over a honest person.

Now regarding the installation, yes you are right the charger port is directly connected to the battery and if we use it continuously it may drain the battery that is why this red switch, I will switch on after I start the car and will switch off once I power off the car and as soon as I switch off the red switch the unit goes to sleep mode as it's backup battery is way too less.

The reverse camera is connected to the front unit via a cable and it's power is connected to one of the tail light which powers on during reverse, that is if you push the reverse gear, one of the tail light switches on, the same line is now connected to the reverse camera for power so once I pull the gear to reverse, it powers on the reverse camera and there by bringing the front unit to parking mode and no matter what screen I am in, it automatically switches to parking mode and shows the back camera.
johnruben is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 18:18   #11523
BHPian

Quote:
I had one of the ford guy install this without cutting the main wires, he also did install this Red switch for me which makes it look cool with no wires running on the dashboard
Hi great mod. I have been looking for something like this for sometime now.
Just a doubt i had was a hole drilled to fix the red switch ?

Also which year make is your ecosport? Cause i have a 2014 and the Usb port & 12v Point are the other way in my car (The 12v point comes to the right)
Old 8th November 2017, 18:29   #11524
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Hi great mod. I have been looking for something like this for sometime now.
Just a doubt i had was a hole drilled to fix the red switch ?

Also which year make is your ecosport? Cause i have a 2014 and the Usb port & 12v Point are the other way in my car (The 12v point comes to the right)
Yes, there was a small hole drilled to accommodate the switch, initially I didn't like the plan, but the Ford guy did a wonderful job.

Mine is a 2016 model.
Old 8th November 2017, 18:49   #11525
BHPian

Thanks for the reply. Is the android unit foldable ?
Also is it fixed or can it be detached ?

Quote:
Yes, there was a small hole drilled to accommodate the switch, initially I didn't like the plan, but the Ford guy did a wonderful job.Mine is a 2016 model.
Old 8th November 2017, 20:01   #11526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless.... View Post
Thanks for the reply. Is the android unit foldable ?
Also is it fixed or can it be detached ?
Ya, its foldable and detachable, In the bottom comes with 2 magnets, the way i see it holds the unit firmly inspite of huge pot holes in bangalore
Old 8th November 2017, 21:34   #11527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit.s View Post
I have a May 2015 Ecoboost. Till date I was using Windows phone. (Yes, I like to live on the edge ) . When I used the Windows maps for navigation, the navigation directions used my car's speakers. So even if Sync is on the USB, CD or radio mode, the music stopped, the navigation prompts came through the car speakers, after which the music resumed. Yesterday I got an Android phone with Nougat (because even Bill Gates has given up on Windows mobile and switched to Android). Now I cant seem to get Google Maps navigation prompts through the speakers unless the Sync is on the BT Audio mode. Would like to know about other Android users, how they use Google Maps over Sync.
I have a 2016 tdci titanium+ and use an android phone (Honor 5x). In my case, with sync on along with Bluetooth on -> I never hear the navigation prompts (from google maps). I only hear them when I receive a call and answer it. Both the phone call and navigation prompts are heard simultaneously.

Not sure why its this way though.
Eyas337 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 21:56   #11528
BHPian

Hi all, any idea where to source the under body engine guard for the EcoSport. The ABS plastic ones the dealer has costs a bomb ₹8500/-. Are there more affordable options in the market in Chennai?
Old 8th November 2017, 22:18   #11529
BHPian

Regarding under body engine guard:
I actually got the same one from the dealer and i think its hard and worth it (one time installation). Gives you the necessary peace of mind.

Check the ownership thread of ecosport rules bhpian, he had installed a customized option. Also recommend to check with all the dealers in your city regarding the pricing. Different dealers have varying prices for the accessories.

Mine is 1 year old and dealer had stated the same price, but on the bill / receipt it was listed as 4,500 instead. I actually had got about 50k worth of accessories fitted from the dealer and got a 15% off (part of negotiation during the purchase).

Last edited by Eyas337 : 8th November 2017 at 22:19.
Eyas337 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 09:13   #11530
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Hi all, any idea where to source the under body engine guard for the EcoSport. The ABS plastic ones the dealer has costs a bomb ₹8500/-. Are there more affordable options in the market in Chennai?

It's not a good idea to buy this from outside, specially the metal one's, Ford uses ABS plastic for a reason, during a crash the entire engine mount drops down and thus avoids entering the dashboard, it's for passenger safety, so buy from Ford.
johnruben is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th November 2017, 09:20   #11531
BHPian

Quote:
It's not a good idea to buy this from outside, specially the metal one's, Ford uses ABS plastic for a reason, during a crash the entire engine mount drops down and thus avoids entering the dashboard, it's for passenger safety, so buy from Ford.
Thanks for your note. Never realised why Ford didn't offer the metal one. I am just looking for the abs one. I opted for the original guard when I bought my first EcoSport but it costed only 5000 then. But now it's 8500 which I find a little too much and hence the question.
Old 9th November 2017, 11:20   #11532
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, but I find this hard to digest. What you are saying is a 100 kg odd engine will not drop because its stopped by a flimsy metal stone guard? Secondly no car will drop its engine on frontal impact, else the body will ride up on the engine and gearbox causing more injuries to occupants.
The engine and gearbox guard is designed to stop impact to critical bits from below. A plastic guard is useless. Only a metal guard can help if you off road
Old 9th November 2017, 11:24   #11533
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude300 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
Regarding under body engine guard:
I actually got the same one from the dealer and i think its hard and worth it (one time installation). Gives you the necessary peace of mind.
Interesting.

I've been considering a Sump Guard for a long time. Asked the SA during a visit to the dealer last week and he mentioned that Ford offers one only for the diesel variant. And that wouldn't fit the petrol car.

Any idea?
Old 9th November 2017, 16:17   #11534
BHPian

Hi Fellow Bhpians.

I have one query regarding upgrading my Ecosport Trend+ 2015 model music system. I want to upgrade my double din music display to 8 inch touch screen that comes preinstalled with new ecosport 2017. If this kind of installation is not possible in Trend+ model, then a good quality after market option will also do.
I live in NCR region and if anyone can suggest me the shop name and location where i can get this done without compromising on quality then that would be really helpful.
Old 10th November 2017, 00:50   #11535
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Interesting.

I've been considering a Sump Guard for a long time. Asked the SA during a visit to the dealer last week and he mentioned that Ford offers one only for the diesel variant. And that wouldn't fit the petrol car.

Any idea?
I don't think the engine guard (ABS material) is engine / variant specific. It should fit all versions / variants. Check with the service center / stock yard contacts if you have, they have more knowledge on this as they do all these kind of accessory installations. The showroom SA wont have the necessary exposure / knowledge regarding accessories.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks