Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2017, 12:12   #11566
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Did you try disconnecting the vehicle battery? I was facing a similar problem - the bluetooth module would suddenly stop working and the only solution to get it to work again was to disconnect the vehicle battery for 10 minutes. After 3 such occurrences, I had the entire audio control module replaced under warranty.

Since it appears that your vehicle is not within warranty, the best suggestion that I can offer you is to source the audio unit from a scrapped Ecosport and have the service center install it. Talk to the technicians at the service center; they usually have good contacts with the scrap dealers and will be able to procure the audio unit for you.
Hi Hemant, Thanks for your reply.

I have tried disconnecting the battery as well but it didn't help.

Also I have tried to source the module from Scrap dealers as well but not able to source anything.

I did speak with the dealer to help us source it from the scrap dealer but they are not helping.

Really no other option left for me...
Old 21st December 2017, 12:22   #11567
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
Engage with Ford through Twitter and Customer Care.

Assuming you had Extended Warranty (2+2) and that you're car is just out of that (since you mentioned '13 EcoSport), you can pester Ford to resolve this under goodwill warranty.

Worst case, look around for aftermarket fitments that can override Sync (I have no technical basis for this suggestion though).
Old 21st December 2017, 16:51   #11568
BHPian

Quote:
I would rather say, take it as an excellent opportunity to get a touch screen In Car Entertainment system of your choice. Remove the stock music system and install any good pioneer system. You can use this fitment for your car to install any aftermarket dual din system.
Old 27th December 2017, 12:47   #11569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I would rather say, take it as an excellent opportunity to get a touch screen In Car Entertainment system of your choice. Remove the stock music system and install any good pioneer system. You can use this fitment for your car to install any aftermarket dual din system.
Spoke to couple of car accessories shops but they also say that there is no after market fitments available for Ecosport especially for lower models.
The Pioneer systems available are only for basic model wherein originally no stereo was there.
Old 27th December 2017, 17:58   #11570
BHPian

Question on OEM Leather Seats

Can the early owners of the model with leather seats clarify how the leather is holding up over long term use?

I felt it rough (for my preference) on one of my ex-colleague's car and was wondering if this the case in general or if its a case of the leather seats not being regularly maintained / conditioned.

Thanks
Old 27th December 2017, 19:42   #11571
BHPian

Quote:
Spoke to couple of car accessories shops but they also say that there is no after market fitments available for Ecosport especially for lower models.
The Pioneer systems available are only for basic model wherein originally no stereo was there.
You need to check at Motor Concepts. They have done it in a number of ecosports.
Old 28th December 2017, 19:01   #11572
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
You need to check at Motor Concepts. They have done it in a number of ecosports.
Hi,

Called them just now but they are also saying the same thing that there is no modification possible in Ecosport.

Any other option?
Old 3rd January 2018, 22:27   #11573
BHPian

A few months back one of my relatives bought an Ecosport Titanium diesel variant which has keyless entry and go. His running is very low and in the total ownership of 4-5 months the car has been driven for around 1200kms. Hence the car is used sporadically and mostly chauffeur driven. Now the issue is after a month or so from purchase, one fine morning the car just refused to start. Even it won't go to the ignition mode. So they called the road side assistance and they tried to jump start the car which didn't work. The car was towed to the service center and they returned the car after 2-3 days saying it was a minor sensor problem. Since my relative is not a car guy, he didn't dig deep into it.

Then again after another 1 or 2 month the same thing happened and the story repeats the same way except this time their excuse was fuse problem. Today the same thing happened again which makes it 3 times within a period of 6 months. As usual they sent a guy with a battery and it didn't work. They are asking him to tow the car to the dealership. Now this time he is adamant that he won't let it happen again and again and wants to complain to Ford and he wants a complete replacement of his car which is ofcourse under warranty, even though I know its not going to be easy.

He wants to escalate the issue to the top management of the company and asking for my help. Can anybody please suggest what to do and how to resolve this problem. If anybody ever faced this problem with this car or any other car, kindly suggest what could be the reason for it.

Note to mods: I couldn't find any thread related to this and so I'm posting it here. Please move it to the appropriate thread if there is any.
Old 5th January 2018, 19:38   #11574
BHPian

So this happened a few days back. I was driving around and suddenly there was a notification of "get your engine checked" in the centre display. And the yellow check engine light came on. One thing to be noted is that the fuel tank barely had any fuel in it (probably the reserve). After sometime I got it filled up and parked it at my house. Next day the check engine light was gone. Did any of you face this issue? Or something similar? I talked to a ford personnel but he was very casual about it.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20180101_151203.jpg  

Tarmac.terrorist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 15:56   #11575
BHPian

The service costs and spare parts prices quoted by the Ford workshop and Ford service price promise website differs by few hundred rupees. The dealer claims it to be due to GST which is not updated in the Ford website. Can anyone confirm if dealers' claim is correct? Is the website not updated with GST rates?
Old 6th January 2018, 17:56   #11576
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
The service costs and spare parts prices quoted by the Ford workshop and Ford service price promise website differs by few hundred rupees. The dealer claims it to be due to GST which is not updated in the Ford website. Can anyone confirm if dealers' claim is correct? Is the website not updated with GST rates?
Yeah. It's kinda true. I also experienced it and I also complained to Ford. Ford responded that the difference is due to taxes. But I'm surprised how such things are not updated.

Cheers,
Raj
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 18:08   #11577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndinesh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Yeah. It's kinda true. I also experienced it and I also complained to Ford. Ford responded that the difference is due to taxes. But I'm surprised how such things are not updated.
The cost listed in Ford's website is inclusive of all taxes. Pls find the screen shot below. Ecosport Diesel's 2nd year/20K service cost.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport-service.jpg

Check if you have selected the fuel type correctly. Same service for Ecoboost shows Rs. 5228/-

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport-service-1.jpg

I did the 20K service in Oct'17. It showed Rs. 5108/- in the website but the actual cost of service was Rs. 4796/-. You can take a print out or download the PDF like the one attached and show it in the service center.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FordServiceCalculatorEstimate (2).pdf (11.7 KB, 322 views)

Last edited by Karthik Chandra : 6th January 2018 at 18:17.
Karthik Chandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2018, 23:33   #11578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
The cost listed in Ford's website is inclusive of all taxes. Pls find the screen shot below. Ecosport Diesel's 2nd year/20K service cost.

Check if you have selected the fuel type correctly. Same service for Ecoboost shows Rs. 5228/-
Yes it is inclusive of taxes. But is it GST or else is it VAT and service tax that existed pre-GST? Only Ford can tell.
Yes, I chose Ecoboost from their drop down. And for some heads, the rates charged by the dealer is less than what is quoted in the website. So it balances out and the difference comes down.
Old 8th January 2018, 13:32   #11579
BHPian

Re: Headlight Upgrade to 100/90

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post

So after all the extensive research, time, risk of losing warranty & money the upgrade as of now seems worth it. There is noticeable improvement in brightness of the Headlights but I will give my final verdict after a Highway drive at night.
UPDATE

I have since done 2-3 highway drives at night & I will say that the effort was worth it. There is noticeable improvement in brightness, spread of the headlights, though I might add this is first time I have fitted 100/90 bulb in any of our vehicle. So I can't say if the upgrade would have been more effective if the car had a better reflector design (Ecosport doesn't have a good reflector design according to our team-bhp review).

As for the side effects like blackening of headlights, more frequent blown fuses I will have to wait & see. I will update here on how the upgrade works out in the long term.
Old 20th January 2018, 14:45   #11580
BHPian

Can someone guide me on cleaning the steering mounted volume/call buttons.
I need to keep the buttons pressed hard for them to work.

Most Viewed