Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2018, 16:44   #11581
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac.terroris View Post
Did any of you face this issue? Or something similar? I talked to a ford personnel but he was very casual about it.
Similar thing happened to my Rapid and it turned out to be a fuel pump issue.

A word of caution: Never run your car with fuel level less than 1/4th tank. Doing so would force the pump to gulp the sediment from the bottom of tank, which would harm both the fuel pump and engine.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 13:29   #11582
BHPian

Quote:
So this happened a few days back. I was driving around and suddenly there was a notification of "get your engine checked" in the centre display. And the yellow check engine light came on. One thing to be noted is that the fuel tank barely had any fuel in it (probably the reserve). After sometime I got it filled up and parked it at my house. Next day the check engine light was gone. Did any of you face this issue? Or something similar? I talked to a ford personnel but he was very casual about it.
Yes even i faced the same issue. Once i forgot to fill up the tank and was driving on a long stretch without any pump nearbuy. After the distance to empty meter went 0, the car continued to run. I noticed some sluggish performance, i believe it is done to use as less fuel as possible. Also this engine warning light came on. As soon as i got a pump, i did full tank. After sometime the warning went away. As mentioned it is advisable to fill up the tank as soon as low fuel indicator comes on. Then the DTE meter shows 60-80km left which is quite some time to refuel again.
Old 31st January 2018, 19:56   #11583
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Can someone guide me on cleaning the steering mounted volume/call buttons.
I need to keep the buttons pressed hard for them to work.
Get Buttons replaced under warranty. I got that done for my EcoSport AT.

Quote:
So this happened a few days back. I was driving around and suddenly there was a notification of "get your engine checked" in the centre display. And the yellow check engine light came on. One thing to be noted is that the fuel tank barely had any fuel in it (probably the reserve). After sometime I got it filled up and parked it at my house. Next day the check engine light was gone. Did any of you face this issue? Or something similar? I talked to a ford personnel but he was very casual about it.
Has happened to me about 10 times. They were able to diagnose only when car was given to them with warning light on.

It was to do with Fuel vapour canister/ EGR pipe. Some blockages in the system. But a variety of reason can cause this. Actually nothing to worry. Happened to me during warrant period. Took snaps and video with time and date snap. Got it repaired (cleaned) FOC outside of warranty period. In my case too this occurred during low fuel. The pressure build up due to fuel vapours in the fuel tank was an observation.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 11:08   #11584
Team-BHP Support

Pune has been seeing relatively cool mornings: 10-12 deg of late and I've observed the horn to sound meek in the mornings when I start (8am) until about 15-20min after the car has been driven in sunlight.

Anyone else observed this, especially in the north?

Also, does the EcoSport come with dual tone horns? I noticed the horn to change the tune mid-way today. Much like how the horn is on the City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srinivas C View Post
Can someone guide me on cleaning the steering mounted volume/call buttons.
I need to keep the buttons pressed hard for them to work.
I have started observing this in the last few months; lived with it for a while but now, I can't. My AT is 18 months old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Was it straightforward? I haven't had a good experience with the SAs at Talera Ford Pune; how much blood to boil and patience are we talking about to get this fixed?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 1st February 2018 at 11:30.
Old 1st February 2018, 11:31   #11585
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Pune has been seeing relatively cool mornings: 10-12 deg of late and I've observed the horn to sound meek in the mornings when I start until about 15-20min

Also, does the EcoSport come with dual torn horns? I noticed the horn to change the tune mid-way today. Much like how the horn is on the City.

I have started observing this in the last few months; lived with it for a while but now, I can't. My AT is 18 months old.

Was it straightforward? I haven't had a good experience with the SAs at Talera Ford Pune; how much blood to boil and patience are we talking about to get this fixed?
It has dual horns. One is initially not working and later starts in your case. They will replace in warranty.

If steering buttons don't register an input every time you press it, they will totally fail soon. Effort to get it done was nominal.
Old 4th February 2018, 00:31   #11586
BHPian

Quote:
Our 2016 Ecosport also seem to have this problem, at times the steering mounted buttons needs to be pressed hard to make them work. The problem first surfaced at around 21k km (now at 28k km), but over the last 7k kilometers the problem didn't get any worse or have the buttons stopped working permanently. I have a bad feeling that they might work properly when the SA checks them for replacement under warranty. I guess the buttons on your car failed totally after some time, how many kilometers did this whole process take? When our car goes for the 30k km servicing, I will try to get the buttons replaced under warranty.
Old 4th February 2018, 00:59   #11587
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
I guess the buttons on your car failed totally after some time, how many kilometers did this whole process take? When our car goes for the 30k km servicing, I will try to get the buttons replaced under warranty.
Failed between 65-70k kms also the driver side power window switch and Wiper Stalk were replaced at same time just before car went out of warranty at 4 yrs.
Old 4th February 2018, 09:38   #11588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
Our 2016 Ecosport also seem to have this problem, at times the steering mounted buttons needs to be pressed hard to make them work. The problem first surfaced at around 21k km (now at 28k km), but over the last 7k kilometers the problem didn't get any worse or have the buttons stopped working permanently. I have a bad feeling that they might work properly when the SA checks them for replacement under warranty. I guess the buttons on your car failed totally after some time, how many kilometers did this whole process take? When our car goes for the 30k km servicing, I will try to get the buttons replaced under warranty.
I had the same problem about 6 months back. The Ford A.S.S got the buttons cleaned, and that has solved the problem. They told me that there is a tendency for dust/carbon deposits to build up and if that gets cleaned in time, then the panel stays good. I have my fingers crossed to see how this holds up in the longer run.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2018, 23:19   #11589
BHPian

Today I was replacing the parking lamps with LED's and due to my utter stupidity both the parking lamps fell inside the headlight housing. The worst thing is I cannot find where they went. It seemed like the car swallowed them the moment it got the opportunity.

There is gap towards the corner, I think went in there. Any thoughts on how to retrieve them?

Another DIY went wrong today and this time with the rear cabin lamp. I replaced the bulb successfully but the light won't turn off after the car is locked (The switch is in the neutral/center position). The front cabin lamps works fine. Any idea what could have gone wrong?

I also faced nightmare to insert the vanity lamp back in its original position. Youtube came to rescue!

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Old 13th February 2018, 16:18   #11590

I had kept a small idol on the dashboard. Unfortunately, the sticker under the idol was not good, it came out and the idol sided till end and fell inside the AC vent. Now the ford person says he has to remove the dashboard and then only he can remove the idol. I am very much concerned if the guy will refit the dashboard properly... not sure if anyone had such experience?. has anyone in the group get to remove and re-fit the dashboard of ford ecosport?. If yes, was there any ratteling sound after that?.
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:24   #11591
Team-BHP Support

I'm at A.S.S. for my AT's 20k service. I mentioned the clutch shudder problem on lower gears (predominantly 2nd); when the SA opened a job card, he said there's a FSA that Ford has initiated for the AT.

AT owners might want to call A.S.S. and check.
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 13:21   #11592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harihkrishna View Post
I had kept a small idol on the dashboard. Unfortunately, the sticker under the idol was not good, it came out and the idol sided till end and fell inside the AC vent. Now the ford person says he has to remove the dashboard and then only he can remove the idol. I am very much concerned if the guy will refit the dashboard properly... not sure if anyone had such experience?. has anyone in the group get to remove and re-fit the dashboard of ford ecosport?. If yes, was there any ratteling sound after that?.
If the idol inside is not making any noise or if it has not affected the AC, leave it as it is.A ₹5 coin was inside my last car's AC vent since many years. I had left it there itself because it was not causing any problems. The new owner wouldn't even know that.
Old 23rd February 2018, 15:50   #11593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harihkrishna View Post
Are You able to see the idol?
If so, chew a bubble gum and wrap it around a thin wire (cloth hanger wire); let that down the vent and get the idol out.
Old 24th February 2018, 08:58   #11594
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Complained about it; SA said they've removed the button assembly, cleaned it and fixed it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
he said there's a FSA that Ford has initiated for the AT.
The FSA involves some software update for the actuator behavior. The SA didn't/couldn't give more specifics.

The shudder on the 2nd gear hasn't gone away/subsided significantly.

Also, when I complained about a noise from the tailgate when going through rough-roads, he mentioned Ford has issued a FSA for the tail-gate locking mechanism setting as well. There has been a noticeable difference now. There isn't a kat-kat noise when going through rough roads.
Old 25th February 2018, 09:02   #11595
Team-BHP Support

There's a Sync update available.

Ford has changed the way you do updates, for the better.

1) Log-in to your Ford Owner account
2) Head to "My Profile" and you'll see "Update Available" for Sync
3) Once you confirm, it'll send you an email that the download is available (about 750 mb)
4) Download a ZIP file on your computer and transfer only the unzipped files to a USB stick
* Works only on Windows, not Mac. I tried.
5) Insert the USB Stick in the car: Settings -> Sync Settings -> Install on Sync
6) Report installation

I haven't noticed any changes, nor is there a change log.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks