Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2018, 16:40   #11596
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
There's a Sync update available.
Thanks a lot for this. I logged into Ford Owners account and saw an update was available for Sync for my Figo as well.

You are right. There seems to be no noticeable change nor was any log available for changes done in this update. The only visible clue is that before update, the Sync Version was v5.9 and the latest update version is v5.11.

Before Update:
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-5.9.jpg

After Update:
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-5.11.jpg

A bit disappointed that they did not do anything in this update to fix the issue of ESPNCricinfo & MapmyIndia apps not working on Sync anymore. Both these apps stopped working on Sync ever since both these apps received major updates on the Play Store. The only app that seems to work with Sync now is Glympse.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2018, 17:09   #11597
BHPian

So I've owned the Diesel Titanium + Ecosport for over an year and half now and I have been a happy owner! It's not perfect. No car is, but I couldn't have made a better choice for my budget and my requirements. I have some questions and concerns below I wanted to discuss with fellow Ecosport owners.

1. I want to change the DRL from the yellow ones to LED. The service center adviced against it but I want to do it. Is the fog lamp attached to the DRL or are they both separate? I can't see the specifications of these two bulbs in the owners manual. Any suggestions?
2. I knew I had to live with a little extra noise when I picked diesel over petrol and so far it has been good. The general noise isolation from outside noises is great but nowadays I'm noticing the low-rumbling-hum of the diesel engine more than before. It's enough to cut out all the low end of the audio and make it sound like crap. It also is kind of a minute nuisance.The engine actually sounds more silent from the outside! I know I could add a subwoofer to address the audio issue but is there any way I can get rid of this low-rumbling-hum?
3. I know this must have been discussed before but it's a task searching through 11500 posts! What's a good bulb upgrade from the stock headlight bulbs?
4. Has anyone who's changed their front door speakers with branded component speakers seen a major improvement in audio quality?
Old 3rd March 2018, 12:37   #11598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
So I've owned the Diesel Titanium + Ecosport for over an year and half now and I have been a happy owner!

1. I want to change the DRL from the yellow ones to LED. The service center adviced against it but I want to do it. Is the fog lamp attached to the DRL or are they both separate? I can't see the specifications of these two bulbs in the owners manual. Any suggestions?
We also own a September 16 Ecosport Diesel Titanium + & our car also has these stupid yellow DRL. Upon looking at the fog lamp housing I could spot only one bulb. Anyways if you are able to swap the bulbs or even if you are able to turn off the stupid DRL, do let me know.

Quote:
2. I knew I had to live with a little extra noise when I picked diesel over petrol and so far it has been good. The general noise isolation from outside noises is great but nowadays I'm noticing the low-rumbling-hum of the diesel engine more than before.
According to me Ecosport has one of the most silent diesel engines in this price range. In our case, just after the 20K km service, I noticed a humming noise at idle RPM. The noise used to be more prominent on the outside towards the LHS headlight & was also noticeable from the inside. I visited my FASS with this problem, my SA even before listening to the sound brought a piece of sponge, placed it between the air filter box & the mouth of the air intake plumbing.

The problem seems to be that the air intake plumbing became loose, clips that are there to hold it in place were broken. Thus the air filter box came in contact with the air intake plumbing & a humming noise was produced, more so at idle RPM because there is more engine vibration at low RPM. So, I would suggest you to open your bonnet, start the engine & press down on the air filter box with your hands. Then if the low-rumbling-hum sound is reduced then you have your culprit, otherwise there is some other problem with your car.

Here is a photo of the culprit:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport-air-filter-box.jpg
Quote:
3. I know this must have been discussed before but it's a task searching through 11500 posts! What's a good bulb upgrade from the stock headlight bulbs?
I have upgraded our Ecosport's headlight with 100/90 Bulb fitted with a relay kit. Here is the link http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4320505

We have since done around 6000km & the headlights haven't yet shown any side effects of using a higher wattage bulb (like darkening of the reflectors). We went with a relatively unknown brand called Excelite for both the bulb & relay kit, even though they haven't yet given me any trouble I would suggest you to go with something from Phillips or Hella.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 3rd March 2018 at 12:49.
Old 3rd March 2018, 22:23   #11599
BHPian

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4292998

Just a small heads-up to all 2013/14/15/16 Ecosport owners:

Ford has replaced the rusted iron clips with aluminium ones free of cost during the annual service. Suggest you check the clips in your vehicles and get them replaced, if they happen to be made of iron (if so, they will definitely have rusted by now.) Do note that this area is not easily accessible, and rarely gets any attention during service, so the damage (rusting) might be extensive by the time you realize it.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-001.jpg  

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 3rd March 2018 at 22:28.
hemant.kamat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 09:20   #11600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
There seems to be no noticeable change nor was any log available for changes done in this update. The only visible clue is that before update, the Sync Version was v5.9 and the latest update version is v5.11.
I did the Sync update yesterday. The one noticeable difference I found was that the bass seems to be high, even at the flat equalizer settings. Since I mostly play old hindi songs (50s, 60s) while driving, there is a perceptible hum & thump from the speakers, which doesn't go well with the songs

Were you able to report the successful installation? I checked the USB drive, but there seems to be no new file created during the update.
hemant.kamat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 09:23   #11601
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Were you able to report the successful installation? I checked the USB drive, but there seems to be no new file created during the update.
I thought something was not done right when I installed; I don't see any new file created either.

I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever in Sync post the update. Doubt they can do a lot more with the existing hardware.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 09:46   #11602
BHPian

Hi

Has anyone who is running the upsized 215 x 60 R16 tyres confirm, if the spare wheel cover would be able to accomodate this upsized tyre

Thanks
Old 5th March 2018, 09:47   #11603
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Yes, I did. The "new" file will be created in the "SyncMyRide" folder and will be titled "Sync_ET7P4810_(Vehicle VIN No).xml". When you report the update on the website, you have to report/upload this xml file.

I have detailed the update process from v5.9 to v5.11 it in my post here

After reporting the update, the website states My Sync version is already the latest one. Earlier before update, it said Update was available.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-myo.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I thought something was not done right when I installed; I don't see any new file created either.

I haven't noticed any difference whatsoever in Sync post the update. Doubt they can do a lot more with the existing hardware.
Have you checked the Sync version after update? If all went well, it should be v5.11. I did not notice anything new either. May be the update just had minor tweaks for Sync.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 5th March 2018 at 10:09.
skanchan95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2018, 19:29   #11604
BHPian

Hello guys. I am having 2003 diesel ambiente Ecosport 74000 km on odo. At 48000 KMS, I changed its tyre to Apollo apterra hls 205/65R15 94T. Initially I kept the tyre pressure 32 psi, but I felt the ride bit harsh. After searching on Internet, I came to know that tyre pressure should actually decrease if the tyre size is increased. So I decreased the tyre pressure to 30 psi, but the ride became harsher. Then I increased the tyre pressure to 35 psi and I experienced the best ride even in comparison to the original tyre size. Now the thing is I travel solo most of the time and the tyre pressure seems too much for the payload. I have been driving with 35 psi tyre pressure since last 6 months, and the tyre wear seems to be normal.
So what should be done? Should I decrease the tyre pressure and What should be Ideal tyre pressure for the tyres? And what all problems can crop if I keep tyre pressure at 35 psi?
Old 13th March 2018, 10:04   #11605
BHPian

So this light greeted me this morning.

I think this warning indicates there is some kind of mixture (water / additive) in the diesel? I got the car filled at Shell (next to UB City) on Saturday, and it is running fine. The light was NOT ON when I filled it, and it came ON just this morning; a good 60 kms after I filled her up.

What do I do now? Is it okay to drive it this way till my next fuel up? Or should I get it checked at Ford? The car is running as it always does.

Never faced this issue in any of my other diesel cars until now.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport.jpg  

Old 13th March 2018, 10:41   #11606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
What do I do now? Is it okay to drive it this way till my next fuel up?
Take it to the nearest FASS and they would drain the water (if any) from the diesel filter assembly.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2018, 21:51   #11607
BHPian

2016 Ecosport Diesel 30000km Service

2016 Ecosport Titanium+ diesel 30000km service

Our Ecosport had completed 30000km & it was time for a service. 30000km service is a slightly bigger service as diesel filter is replaced in this service (Ford recommends a 30000km interval).

I reached the service center quite early, even my SA hadn't arrived. Anyways the SA did turn up & started filling in the paperwork, it seems Ford has doubled the amount of paperwork that needs to be filled. Only filling up the papers took around 1 hours. The servicing was completed by the evening & the total bill was Rs. 5722, quite reasonable if you ask me & I also did get the air filter changed (Ford recommends a 20000km interval for air filter change).

I had two problems that needed to be rectified in this service, horn was not working properly, screeching sound & judder from the brakes. The horn was fixed by doing some adjustment, while the brake problem took some time. Since around 10000km we have had this problem, on feathering the brakes there would be a screeching sound, we had complained about this noise in the 10000km & 20000km service. Both those times they cleaned the brake pads, but the noise didn't go away.

Then after around the 22000km mark, on slightly heavy braking from high speeds (around 80-110 kmph) the whole steering wheel would wobble. Though the brakes were working perfectly & the car stopped in a straight line, this thing was quite unnerving. Then I came across this discussion on deetjohn's Fiesta ownership thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4332521 & http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4333028. From these posts I was sure that the vibrations were due to a warped disc.

I also conveyed the same thing to my SA, thankfully Ford replaced both the discs under warranty. After that the vibrations were gone, but the screeching noise is still there. This noise only comes when the brake pedal is feathered, if you press the brake pedal with a bit more force the screeching noise doesn't come. So, I have come to the conclusion that something that is not supposed to touch the brake disc, is touching the brake disc & this finally causes a warped disc. What do you guys think?? What might be the problem?? I believe that if the screeching noise issue is not resolved, even the new pair of discs will show the same problem after sometime.

Oil change in progress:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford-service.jpg

Ecosport getting a much needed wash:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport-washing.jpg

The bill:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ford-bill.jpg

Last edited by chiranjitp : 15th March 2018 at 21:55.
chiranjitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 00:06   #11608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
What might be the problem?? I believe that if the screeching noise issue is not resolved, even the new pair of discs will show the same problem after sometime.
Don't you think you should have changed the brake disc pads as well since you put in new disc rotors? That would have been ideal. I think that should solve it.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 00:18   #11609
Senior - BHPian

Calliper pins acting up , seems like. Take it to your friendly neighborhood mechanic , and ask him to "service the callipers" in mechanic-speak.
Things should be fine
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2018, 20:36   #11610
BHPian

Thanks guys for the prompt reply & the wonderful advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
Don't you think you should have changed the brake disc pads as well since you put in new disc rotors? That would have been ideal. I think that should solve it.
Well, I didn't get my brake pads changed as they seemed to have a lot of life left in them. Even my SA didn't say anything about changing them, still to be on the safer side I guess it would be better to get them changed soon. Before fitting the new brake discs, the mechanic did clean the brake pads with sand paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Calliper pins acting up, seems like. Take it to your friendly neighborhood mechanic, and ask him to "service the callipers" in mechanic-speak.
Things should be fine
I did ask about calliper pin greasing during the 10000km service, when the screeching noise first appeared. My SA told me that the caliper pins can't be greased in a Ford which is equipped with ABS. I am visiting FASS this Sunday & I will surely discuss with him about the calipers being faulty.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 16th March 2018 at 20:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks