Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2018, 19:30   #11626
VMG
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I have driven upto Coonoor and back to Chennai this week in Ecosport AT(old model).

Total KM. 1110
FE: 15.5 as per MID. ( hope this is correct)

Used the sports mode while climbing the hills. Maintained 100-110 km speed.
quite comfortable drive; no fatigue even after 10 hours drive.

I am very happy with my Ford. Onlything I am missing the cruise control which is there in the newer version. Is there anyway I can install CC in my Ford?

I have done overall 10500 KM now.
Old 22nd March 2018, 20:22   #11627
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
I have driven upto Coonoor and back to Chennai this week in Ecosport AT(old model).
I don's own an EcoSport, but I do have 2 vehicles with Cruise Control. Overall I may have used it very very little time. On NH, if you go above 90-100 kmph, CC become useless. You have everything from crawling trucks to auto-rikshaws, and then bikes cutting across some hole in the median. I find that the most effective speed to use CC in NH is about 70-80 kmph.
I am not sure about installing CC through third party. Factory install is the best as it will work with your stability controls in the event of hydro-planing etc. Else the CC will continue to power the wheels even when your wheels have no grip.

Last edited by ampere : 26th March 2018 at 07:42. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Czarcarsm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2018, 18:23   #11628
BHPian

My 2015 Diesel Titanium O, is having an issue with the radiator fan, with the ac switched on, the radiator fan switches on and off, at an interval of 5-7 seconds only, and runs for 2-3 seconds at high speed, then switches off, this process repeats every 5-7 seconds. It occurs when the car is stationary, and when moving in first gear in slow moving traffic. I am unable to hear the sound of the fan, as the speed picks up.

Visited the local Ford service centre, I was told that the fan should run at low speed, when the AC is switched on, in my vehicle there is an issue with the low speed of the fan, so there are frequent bursts of high speed. I was told that it can be rectified by changing the fan resistance switch, which was not in stock, yesterday. Today I called again, they told me, that the part has reached their stock. Will go there tomorrow, and see what happens, will post the outcome later on. I just posted it here, to know, whether any Ecosport owner had such issue, and how it was sorted out.

Last edited by ampere : 26th March 2018 at 07:42.
Old 25th March 2018, 14:34   #11629
BHPian

Yesterday after starting Ecosport Automatic (2013 model, 19K on Odo, out of extended warranty of 4 years) in the morning, it refused to reverse when shifted to R. All other modes were doing fine and all electricals including the reverse camera and sensors were working fine. Car was driving forward fine in both N and S mode. I restarted it couple of times and then check engine light came on. Called Bhavna Ford Mumbai Service Centre whose mechanic told me to bring it to the workshop. I asked whether it can be towed to which he said i can drive it to their workshop. Nevertheless I drove it to their workshop wherein advisor told I need to leave the car and they will check later. After escalating it to their service head, I got the scan done which showed following problems:
P0700: Transmission Control System
P2837: Shift Pillar B Positioning Circuit Range/Performance
P287B: Shift Fork Combination 'something'

Based on this diagnosis, mechanic informed me that Transmission has to be opened and will take few days time. He also confirmed that there are no wires cut as I asked if that could be the case (after reading similar reversing problem encountered by fellow BHPian which was diagnosed as rats cutting the wires).

My questions are:
1. How serious could be the damage based on above error codes?
2. Considering Car is out of warranty, how much transmission replacement may cost?
3. Did anyone else encountered this problem in this forum (apart from one instance already found by me)?

Request you to please reply to above questions if you can. Thanks.
Old 25th March 2018, 21:15   #11630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
My 2015 Diesel Titanium O, is having an issue with the radiator fan, with the ac switched on, the radiator fan switches on and off, at an interval of 5-7 seconds only, and runs for 2-3 seconds at high speed, then switches off, this process repeats every 5-7 seconds. I just posted it here, to know, whether any Ecosport owner had such issue, and how it was sorted out.
Last year I saw an Ecosport diesel in FASS with the exact same problem, the car had come for some accidental repairs (mainly frontal damage). Even in this case, the Fan would run at high speed for just 2-3 seconds & then the whole cycle would be repeated every 7-8 seconds. The SA then quickly asked one of the mechanics to change the fan resistance switch. It seems this is a known problem with Ecosports, though I don't think it is that common.

How did you initially notice the problem?? I personally don't hear the fan kicking in & out from inside the car with the AC running in our Ecosport. Does one need to be outside the car to identify this problem??

Last edited by chiranjitp : 25th March 2018 at 21:19.
Old 25th March 2018, 21:36   #11631
BHPian

The problem was solved today , by changing the radiator fan resistance switch. Before changing the switch, I could hear the sound of the fan, switching on and off, in bursts of high speed, from inside the car, when idling with ac on, or moving in slow moving traffic in first gear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
Last year I saw an Ecosport diesel in FASS with the exact same problem, the car had come for some accidental repairs (mainly frontal damage). Even in this case, the Fan would run at high speed for just 2-3 seconds & then the whole cycle would be repeated every 7-8 seconds. The SA then quickly asked one of the mechanics to change the fan resistance switch. It seems this is a known problem with Ecosports, though I don't think it is that common.

How did you initially notice the problem?? I personally don't hear the fan kicking in & out from inside the car with the AC running in our Ecosport. Does one need to be outside the car to identify this problem??

Last edited by gsratta : 25th March 2018 at 21:37.
gsratta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 22:10   #11632
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
The problem was solved today , by changing the radiator fan resistance switch. Before changing the switch, I could hear the sound of the fan, switching on and off, in bursts of high speed, from inside the car, when idling with ac on, or moving in slow moving traffic in first gear.
Had the exact same issue and when I gave it in for service they replaced the fan resistance switch and it's working fine after that.

I believe the part is wrongly located and gets rusted easily causing the switch to fail.

It's also a bit expensive at 1,800 bucks. I thought mine was a rare case but looks like this is a known issue.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2018, 23:13   #11633
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It's also a bit expensive at 1,800 bucks. I thought mine was a rare case but looks like this is a known issue.
Had this issue even in the ikon 1.8 diesel days! Ford asked a lot for a resistor box so got it sourced outside for about 500 bucks.

Guess some other bhpian was having this issue as reported in the aspire/figo thread- but it was mentioned as AC cutting in and out often.
Old 27th March 2018, 02:18   #11634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
P0700: Transmission Control System
P2837: Shift Pillar B Positioning Circuit Range/Performance
P287B: Shift Fork Combination 'something'
It just might be the infamous Ford DCT failure !

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...26-162-km.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ox-woes-4.html

There has been a law suit and consequent settlement with regards to the DCT gearbox in the USA more details at this post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4239746

Quote:
My questions are:
1. How serious could be the damage based on above error codes?
2. Considering Car is out of warranty, how much transmission replacement may cost?
Your best bet is to write to ford customer support asking for support , and hope they will support your case and foot the bill!

Someone was quoted 80000 and had to pay 20000 post negotiation :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post4363208

Quote:
3. Did anyone else encountered this problem in this forum (apart from one instance already found by me)?
According to Ford india this problem does not exist (they wrote to me in an email !) and that they have "upgraded"(downgraded?) the gearbox on the 2018 Ecosport to the Torque Converter one "as part of continuous product enhancement"!!

However lawsuits do exist in Australia, USA and Canada about the DCT box! But that doesnt matter in India

All that said, if your car warranty is expired , you are at the mercy of Ford India and whatever they decide !

Good Luck !

Last edited by techn0l0gist : 27th March 2018 at 02:23.
techn0l0gist is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 07:28   #11635
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday after starting Ecosport Automatic (2013 model, 19K on Odo, out of extended warranty of 4 years) in the morning, it refused to reverse when shifted to R. .
My Ecosport AT faced same issue but thankfully it was at workshop for service. It was detected as TCM failure.
Suggest that you ask service guys to replace that before taking transmission apart.

Also, I am told that TCM change is free if there is no physical damage. Do tell this to service guy and do lodge a ticket with Ford india. Also quote to all about DCT issues to build your case.

Last edited by SDP : 27th March 2018 at 08:18. Reason: No SMS language please. ur -> your
SaneOp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2018, 20:25   #11636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
Please share the photograph here for the benefit of other owners.

Try using a thin stiff wire with the end bent in a U to hook and pull out the styrofoam piece.
I opened up the glovebox then used a thin rod with a bent end to poke and tear the styrofoam piece. (It was tightly stuck to pull it out of the fan)
The noise has gone done by 70%. Im sure the piece will eventually wear off and find its way to the cabin air filter. I did this instead of letting the svc open up my dash because it (the dashboard) has been plagued with rattles and I've finally almost gotten rid of them and really couldn't deal with more after they put the dashboard back. Im happy how this worked out as the sound isn't audible with light music on.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20180320_215214.jpg  

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_20180327201307656_com.miui.gallery.png  

Taha Mir is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 11:41   #11637
Team-BHP Support

Any of your vehicles suffer from a rattle on the tailgate? Mine rattles when I go through rough roads; it is most likely the rubber bush assembly (towards the bottom) that has a play. I've complained SO many times, they just make some adjustments and send me on my way. I need a more permanent solution; it is embarrassing when people asking me why the tailgate makes so much noise, or if it is not closed properly.
Old 11th April 2018, 12:59   #11638
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Any of your vehicles suffer from a rattle on the tailgate? Mine rattles when I go through rough roads; it is most likely the rubber bush assembly (towards the bottom) that has a play. I've complained SO many times, they just make some adjustments and send me on my way. I need a more permanent solution; it is embarrassing when people asking me why the tailgate makes so much noise, or if it is not closed properly.
This is a common problem on vehicles having spare wheel mounted on tailgate. During my 4 year ownership, I wasn't able to find a permanent solution. Best solution I found is to use spray/lubrication after cleaning the hinges/lock mechanism thoroughly. ASS have a spray which works better(Don't recall the name though).
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 19:15   #11639
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Any of your vehicles suffer from a rattle on the tailgate? Mine rattles when I go through rough roads; it is most likely the rubber bush assembly (towards the bottom) that has a play.
Even our 16 Ecosport's tailgate started to rattle within the 10k mark. During the 10k service, the service center guys did some adjustment, which kind of made opening the tailgate a bit hard. On the positive side the tailgate rattling is gone, now the odometer reading is around 32k km & my Dad (primary user of the Ecosport) isn't the one to slow down for rough patches of road.

Even cars like Tata Safari suffer from this problem, the safari tailgate rattles even more. So, I guess with a spare on the rear tailgate, rattles can't be avoided.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 11th April 2018 at 19:16.
Old 12th April 2018, 09:27   #11640
Senior - BHPian

Quick update on my Ecosport AT-
My Ecosport underwent the TCM update quite some time back. Last weekend it went for the 40000 km service. The bill amount came to 7500 (all wipers, and plugs changed). They charged me 750 bucks for AC Vent wax, which I contested later, and they have sent me a free wash and dry-cleaning coupon as compensation.

On the day of the service, we also test drove the Duster Petrol CVT (just for the heck of it), and then while driving the Ecosport back home, the latter felt SOOOOOO much better. Sharper handling, more peppy, quicker shifts and better engine note. The car also drives as good as (perhaps even better) than when it was new. This opinion was also somewhat shared by the 2 BHP-ians who accompanied me on that drive. This in the 5th year of it's life!
roy_libran is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks