Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2018, 22:35   #11686

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Took delivery of the Ford Ecosport Titanium S Diesel today afternoon.

During the PDI i missed checking the ambient lighting in the car. Today during delivery noticed that the passenger side ambient light wasn't coming on. Checked it and found that the light itself was missing. The sales executive called the technician who checked it and said the wiring and socket itself were missing. The issue was escalated to the Customer Relations Manager and then to the manager. The manager was polite enough and assured that matter will be escalated to Ford India and the part will be installed. I asked them for a letter stating that this has happened and it is their responsibility to get it fixed. The manager told he will send me a copy of the Email sent to Ford India with the attachments of the pictures of the VIN and the missing ambient lighting. I could not wait any longer as i had other prior commitments to look in to. So, took delivery of the car and headed home.

In the evening i called up the sales executive and found out the status, the CRM has told that i will not be getting any CCs of the emails and the matter will be resolved and I will be kept updated with the status throughout. I am going to the showroom tomorrow to ask for a letter or to make sure i get the CCs of the email conversations between Metro Ford and Ford India.

Coming to the car, it is just brilliant. Fell in love with her as soon as i drove her for 2-3 kms. A ownership thread is in the making. I thank all the members on TBHP for their valuable feedbacks on this thread which helped me make a decision in picking this car up.

A few pictures of the car :

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_5389.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_5404.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_5412.jpg
Sukhesh Raj is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 23:48   #11687
BHPian

congratulations Sukhesh, i have booked the Titanium S -Diesel Myself, waiting eagerly for the delivery.

I had an option of picking us a car at the showroom but turned it down because it had too many weights on the 2 of the wheels. and was accidentally kept in open with window down condition.

Also there two two more showroom car i checked here in Bhopal whose Ambient lights were not working and the showroom technicians just couldn't get it working. I guess i should add this to my PDI list.
Old 3rd July 2018, 22:09   #11688

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinner View Post
congratulations Sukhesh, i have booked the Titanium S -Diesel Myself, waiting eagerly for the delivery.
Congrats Sinner! Waiting is the hard part TBH!
Yes, do check for the ambient lighting on both the driver and passenger side. It has an option to change 7 colours, change the colours as well and check.
The headlamp comes with HID for the low beam, check this also in case they've not provided it.
Old 4th July 2018, 19:11   #11689
BHPian

Hello,

My Ecosport had an issue of Audio Module for last one year. Due to very high price of the module (Rs 39000) I had deliberately delayed to get it replaced.
Finally I placed the order to day with my dealer. On their part they are giving me a support of 35% on this price.
Old 4th July 2018, 19:25   #11690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneet View Post
Hello,

On their part they are giving me a support of 35% on this price.

That sounds good. Ford Ecosport audio console is the best OEM module in the C / D segment cars in india, IMHO.
Old 4th July 2018, 19:47   #11691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
That sounds good. Ford Ecosport audio console is the best OEM module in the C / D segment cars in india, IMHO.
The cost of the audio module is 38470/- After negotiating with the dealers they have taken special support from Ford India for 35% discount.
Old 4th July 2018, 23:47   #11692
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhesh Raj View Post
The headlamp comes with HID for the low beam,
How does the HID perform? Is it adequate for highways or just there for novelty like most of the OEM car HIDs around these days? I've not seen them in action as of yet.

The only OEM HIDs I like on cars sold in India are the Skoda's, Toyota's and the big guys of course, like Mercs, Volvo, etc. Most of the newer ones are actually LED though... The rest of them are just a crude joke, if you ask me. Straight ripping off of customers.
Old 5th July 2018, 20:52   #11693
BHPian

Need some help on noise when the steering is used. The noise sounds like a ding dong bell, but without the metal sound. It starts the moment steering is turned either way. Will be visiting the service centre next week, but curious to know, what could be the reason. It’s a 2013 Model and it’s my Friend’s vehicle.

Last edited by jaaz : 5th July 2018 at 20:53.
Old 5th July 2018, 21:34   #11694

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
How does the HID perform? Is it adequate for highways or just there for novelty like most of the OEM car HIDs around these days? I've not seen them in action as of yet.
I've not yet taken the car out on the highways at night. But in the city limits the HIDs perform really good. I had a Baleno before which had a Bi-Xenon headlamp and I've aftermarket projectors on my Polo GT, compared to both the cars the lights on the EcoSport are really good. I will click some photos and share them here.
Sukhesh Raj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 21:34   #11695

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukhesh Raj View Post
I will click some photos and share them here.
Clicked a few photos on my way home. Took these pictures on my phone as i didn't have my DSLR on me. Will take pictures on the DSLR with the same settings and post them when the ownership thread goes online.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_6247.jpg
With the DRLs dimmed at parking light position.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_6248.jpg
With the low beam HIDs on.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_6249.jpg
With the low beams and the stock halogen high beams.

When i turned on the lights at home, i noticed that the RHS high beam is focused a bit lower than the LHS high beam. Is this done in order to not blind the oncoming traffic or is it off focus?? Attaching a picture of the same.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_5686.jpg
Sukhesh Raj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 17:48   #11696
BHPian

Hey.
My aunt's 3 year old Ecoboost equipped ecosport is leaking coolant. It's a small leak but enough to warrant the warning lights to display plus the coolant level dropped below minimum.
The coolant was topped up and Ford picked up the car themselves and drove it to the service center, The flatbed truck wasn't needed.

From my conversation with the Ford SA, they need to fully replace the water pump as the coolant is leaking from there. I have read in a previous post where the O Ring was replaced. Should the entire water pump be replaced?

As I type this the SA is preparing the estimate of cost and will let me know soon. Also my aunt's car is out of warranty so I need to know whether Ford is trying to pull a fast one,since they don't repair or replace any seals/O rings,just the entire part is replaced.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 9th July 2018 at 17:53.
rambo1o1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 12:59   #11697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1o1 View Post
Hey.
My aunt's 3 year old Ecoboost equipped ecosport is leaking coolant. ......
Bumping up my previous post. Got the total estimate today. I haven't physically visited the showroom yet, all conversation are over the phone. The total estimate to replace water pump is coming to about 51,000/-!!

I asked for the breakup and got to know that the pump cost about 12k rupees, and labor to diagnose the problem as 8k rupees. Remaining cost is labor to replace parts and cost of small parts like seals,bolts belts etc.
I will be going now to the service station to get a detailed price breakup but is this standard cost for replacing the water pump?? Can I write to Ford to get them to reduce the cost?

The car completed 3 years in March this year, and has covered only 30k km.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 10th July 2018 at 13:02.
Old 10th July 2018, 13:51   #11698
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bumping up my previous post. Got the total estimate today. I haven't physically visited the showroom yet, all conversation are over the phone. The total estimate to replace water pump is coming to about 51,000/-!!

I asked for the breakup and got to know that the pump cost about 12k rupees, and labor to diagnose the problem as 8k rupees. Remaining cost is labor to replace parts and cost of small parts like seals,bolts belts etc.
I will be going now to the service station to get a detailed price breakup but is this standard cost for replacing the water pump?? Can I write to Ford to get them to reduce the cost?

The car completed 3 years in March this year, and has covered only 30k km.

Any help would be appreciated.
Have you tried assessing the feasibility of picking up the genuine parts from Ford and getting the job done at any FNG?
Also - try negotiating with Ford for Goodwill warranty, because such damage cannot be caused by misuse.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2018, 15:06   #11699
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
Have you tried assessing the feasibility of picking up the genuine parts from Ford and getting the job done at any FNG?
Also - try negotiating with Ford for Goodwill warranty, because such damage cannot be caused by misuse.
I did try and ask a well known third party FNG but they weren't too confident with the ecoboost engine. I have contacted Ford customer care and they have registered my complaint quite promptly. So I will wait for their solution, in the meantime I authorized the Ford service guys to carry out the repairs. Due to being the only service center in the whole state, I will get the car back only on Wednesday
Total estimate comes to 48876/- (inclusive of taxes)

Hopefully Ford reduces the cost on Goodwill and as GTO has rightly said, get the maximum extended warranty as possible. Sadly my uncle did not extend the warranty.

Posting the parts requirement estimation by Ford. If anyone finds any extras added please let me know. Anyone know whether 14 pieces of "Washer engine MTG" is required?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20180710_1436572.jpg  

Old 10th July 2018, 16:00   #11700
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Posting the parts requirement estimation by Ford. If anyone finds any extras added please let me know. Anyone know whether 14 pieces of "Washer engine MTG" is required?
Indeed - 14 washers!
Also - isn't Bonderite a Sealant itself?
And the labour charges billed here are like - "I consult a physician for sore throat and fever, for which he charges a 1000 buck consultation. Then goes on to charge me extras for checking my temperature, looking at the sore throat, checking the lungs etc etc." You get the drift?
Challenge them on this and say if you have already billed me for disassembling and reassembling the engine, then why are you charging me for all minor components in addition to that.
Stop the approval and first challenge them, I'd say. They seem to be exploiting their monopoly heavily so please escalate it with Ford as well.
Ask Ford - Why should a customer have to pay so much for a vehicle, just out of warranty, for what is essentially a part defect. There is nothing that a User can really do, to lead to such a damage in so short a time period!

Last edited by roy_libran : 10th July 2018 at 16:03.
roy_libran is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks