Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2018, 20:00   #11761
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirvanaguy19 View Post
Hi guys

I picked up a new Ecosport Titanium+ Petrol AT (dragon 1.5L) a couple of weeks back. The car overall has been very good thus far but the brakes seem a bit weird. While the braking power seems good , they seem to lack bite and for the first few mm there is hardly any effect/feedback. Compared to other vehicles I own (Fortuner, Swift Dzire, Bmw 320d) there is a distinguishable difference in the feedback/bite. I wanted to check if this is expected, albeit odd, behaviour or if there is something wrong with my specific vehicle that needs to be checked and rectified
Many congratulations on getting your Ecosport . I believe it is too early to get that bite from the brakes. Let the car run in for few weeks ( at least a 1000 kms), let the brake pads & brake discs bed in properly, let the rubber on the tyres too taste some tarmac. I believe it is just a matter of time and few hundred kms before you can experience that brake bite.
Old 16th October 2018, 20:57   #11762
BHPian

Any idea as to when FASS will replace the coolant in our cars? My ecosport finished its 5th year service (30k kms) and hasn't undergone coolant change yet. Ford price promise website mentions that coolant be replaced at 5 year/150,000 kms.
Old 17th October 2018, 01:07   #11763
BHPian

I own a 2016 Titanium+ diesel Ecosport which came with auto day/night rear view mirror.

Off late I'm noticing that the night mode on the rear view mirror isn't working as it used to before. I see a lot of glare and scattered light instead of the no glare (kind of dot display).

Also when I connect my Android phone (Honor 5x) to Sync over bluetooth and try playing songs from any online apps / phone, it always takes multiple tries to play music (disconnect and reconnect bluetooth). The same thing happens once I switch off the car and start again, I have to redo the BT connection again. However, I never have any issue while trying to call / answer the phone over BT.

Appreciate any pointers on the above 2 issues.
Old 17th October 2018, 01:11   #11764
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
I

Also when I connect my Android phone (Honor 5x) to Sync over bluetooth and try playing songs from any online apps / phone, it always takes multiple tries to play music (disconnect and reconnect bluetooth). The same thing happens once I switch off the car and start again, I have to redo the BT connection again. However, I never have any issue while trying to call / answer the phone over BT.

Appreciate any pointers on the above 2 issues.
For the sync issue, a quick and effective fix(from my experience) is to reset the system easily by disconnecting the battery. Remove the terminals for say 5 mins and plug it back in. All the settings would be lost but it will work again as intended.
Old 20th October 2018, 14:09   #11765
Senior - BHPian

Rats have chewed few wires on my 2015 Ecoboost. Car starts but apparently only on one cylinder. Not driveable. Tried reaching out to Ford, HareKrishna Ford says car would need to be towed. My friends dad operates a garage and suggested that he will help in getting the wires joined as from the pic it seems that the wiring loom has been bitten and not just the plug wires. Any thoughts? Should this be a temporary solution? Is there any danger in getting this mended manually?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20181019_113635.jpg  

Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 14:31   #11766
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
Rats have chewed few wires on my 2015 Ecoboost. Car starts but apparently only on one cylinder..
If the wires are chewed up at connector try using existing connector pins to terminate the wires .If cut in between join wires and solder is essential at every joint to avoid issues in long term due to carbon build up .
Trust_In_Thrust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 14:39   #11767
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Rats have chewed few wires on my 2015 Ecoboost. Car starts but apparently only on one cylinder. Not driveable. Tried reaching out to Ford, HareKrishna Ford says car would need to be towed. My friends dad operates a garage and suggested that he will help in getting the wires joined as from the pic it seems that the wiring loom has been bitten and not just the plug wires. Any thoughts? Should this be a temporary solution? Is there any danger in getting this mended manually?
Ouch, sorry to hear that.

Is your car under extended warranty? Making a repair of this nature might void that warranty if you face any injector/electrical issues in the future.

Otherwise, there's no harm in reconnecting the wires (correctly!), although in your place, I'd prefer Ford doing their job. That said, Ford will opt for a wiring replacement, which might turn out to be expensive.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2018, 15:17   #11768
Senior - BHPian

The mechanic is coming tomorrow to manually connect the wires. I'm planning to then take it to Ford to get new wiring done which will be expensive and claim insurance. I didn't opt for extended warranty and don't think this would be covered under warranty either way. The car is anyways not used much (has run only 7k kms till date )
Old 20th October 2018, 15:30   #11769
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The mechanic is coming tomorrow to manually connect the wires. I'm planning to then take it to Ford to get new wiring done which will be expensive and claim insurance. I didn't opt for extended warranty and don't think this would be covered under warranty either way. The car is anyways not used much (has run only 7k kms till date )
OK, I wasn't implying that you should claim warranty for this - like you said, it wouldn't be upheld. What I was mentioning was that a temporary repair of this sort might prevent you from making future warranty claims on the associated systems (electrical/fuelling). That said, since you don't have EW, this is a moot point anyway.

Good luck on the fixes tomorrow, and wish you a safe drive to the Ford ASC.

Do you know if this damage can be claimed under insurance? That's news to me, keep us posted on how it goes.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 13:04   #11770
Senior - BHPian

The mechanic came home. There were 3 cuts and all of them were connected with spare wire and taped properly. Mechanic says no issues in running the car like this and they have been doing these for a very long time and haven't had any complaints. The fix took around 45 mins. Took the car out for a spin and everything is normal.

Secondly, wire cuts due to rats can be claimed under insurance. I have checked this. My policy is from Future Genrali. Trust this helps anyone who is facing a similar issue.

Cheers,
Raj
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20181021_110823.jpg  

Desmosedici is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2018, 13:49   #11771
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The mechanic came home. There were 3 cuts and all of them were connected with spare wire and taped properly. Mechanic says no issues in running the car like this. […] Took the car out for a spin and everything is normal.
Good to hear your car is now up and running .

If it's running fine, and your car is out of warranty, is there any particular reason you want to go and get it changed at Ford? Sure, insurance will cover a big chunk of the expense, but seeing as you've had rat damage already, maybe just leave things as they are; at least until you're sure your car isn't attacked by rats again?

Last edited by arunphilip : 21st October 2018 at 14:00.
Old 21st October 2018, 17:51   #11772
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Good to hear your car is now up and running .

If it's running fine, and your car is out of warranty, is there any particular reason you want to go and get it changed at Ford? Sure, insurance will cover a big chunk of the expense, but seeing as you've had rat damage already, maybe just leave things as they are; at least until you're sure your car isn't attacked by rats again?
Thinking of keeping it as is for now and see. If I face any issues then might go for a change from Ford. Again drove the car now and everything is normal. Hope it stays like that.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 16:19   #11773
BHPian

Sharing this here as it might help on how to reset Engine oil change service light on the Ecosport. Couldn't find this indicator in the user manual though.

Faced with this few days back while driving on my 2013 Ecosport TDCi. A quick call to Vid helped ease my panic (as I was driving on a highway with a toddler). His guess that this could be just a engine oil change reminder and may not be anything serious was bang on. Also, the fact that the she had run just about 1000KMs since the last oil change.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20181017-1.02.03-pm.jpeg
  • Turn off the ignition
  • Close all doors.
  • Turn the ignition key to position II (Don't switch on the engine)
  • Next, simultaneously press the accelerator pedal and the brake pedal and hold for a minimum of 20 seconds, until a “Service: Oil reset in prog.” message shows on the instrument cluster display.
  • The oil change reminder indicator will turn off. This confirms that the reset procedure has been correctly completed.
Video I followed :

Last edited by Zappo : 25th October 2018 at 19:28. Reason: Typo corrected
aquarian1502 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th October 2018, 16:40   #11774
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarian1502 View Post
Sharing this here as it might help on how to reset Engine oil change service light on the Ecosport. Couldn't find this indicator in the user manual though. […] Also, the fact that the she had run just about 1000KMs since the last oil change.
Please drop an email to Ford Customer Care, naming the dealer who performed the service, and summarizing this.

It's not a complaint/escalation, but Ford India's HQ needs to be made aware, so they can reiterate to the dealers to perform this reset of the service reminder (and double-check) before releasing a serviced vehicle back to the customer.

There's no point in you directly complaining to the dealer because - like any dealer - they will likely just fob you off with the usual rubbish excuses. Better the direction comes from Ford HQ.

No guarantee that your single action will trigger this, but if we start making Ford aware of such dealer mistakes, it will ensure better oversight of dealers, and dealers will also not be sloppy in their work.
Old 25th October 2018, 17:25   #11775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Please drop an email to Ford Customer Care, naming the dealer who performed the service, and summarizing this.
Arunphilip, you are right. Sloppy service. Well, this wasn't the first time. About 2 years back, on a family vacation, just after taking a diversion towards the Hassan Mangalore highway, the Engine service soon light came up on the instrument cluster. Back then, I had no clue on how serious this was and called up the Ford roadside assistance. To my horror, the lady on the other end of the phone simply tells me she would arrange for a towing truck for the vehicle to be taken back to a ford service. I was confused whether to drive on towards Hassan or return back.

After getting in touch with a Ford Service advisor at Metro Ford that my relative helped with, drove back about 25 KMs back into the city and he did reset the reminder. That's when I learnt that this alarm though, is non-serious in nature can cause an unsuspecting person like me to go into a panic mode.

I did share this feedback after I returned at Lathangi Ford (JSP Ford now), but as expected, that fell on deaf ears. Imagine if I had to go through the towing at my expense plus forgoing my vacation just for some stupid Engine service reminder reset.
aquarian1502 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks