Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2018, 12:38   #11791
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
I own a 2016 Titanium+ diesel Ecosport which came with auto day/night rear view mirror.

Off late I'm noticing that the night mode on the rear view mirror isn't working as it used to before. I see a lot of glare and scattered light instead of the no glare (kind of dot display).
First of all sorry for not noticing your post earlier. We also own a 2016 Ecosport Titanium + diesel (45k km on the odometer). We also had this problem with the night mode not working properly, which first appeared after a service. The problem disappeared after I properly cleaned the whole IRVM. I suggest you do the same, otherwise make a visit to FASS.

AFAIK the auto IRVM has a sensor which detects the intensity of light falling on the IRVM, depending upon the intensity it decides whether to dim the IRVM or not. If the IRVM (most importantly the sensor) has some dirt/dust on it, it won't be able to correctly judge the intensity of light. It will be like wearing sunglasses, the IRVM sensor will be fooled into thinking that the intensity of light isn't high enough to turn on the night mode. In my case, the washing guys (at FASS) applied a good amount of dashboard polish on the IRVM, causing the auto dimming feature to malfunction (until I wiped off the polish).

Last edited by chiranjitp : 25th November 2018 at 12:46.
chiranjitp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2018, 17:07   #11792
BHPian

I own 2013 ecosport diesel which has run 85000 kms. The car is mostly trouble free and I am in no mood of selling it. But sometimes it makes me feel uncomfortable that my car doesnt have ABS and airbags. Add to this the ongoing speculations, that the diesel cars will be uneregistered after 10 years of ownership just increases uneasiness.
If I think of changing the car, I have chosen Ignis delta as replacement. Now the question is which car is more safe, ecosport without ABS and airbags or ignis with ABS and airbags. (Car is mostly used on highway but sedately driven. We are a family of 3 which like travelling to far flung himalayas once a year.)
Old 2nd December 2018, 17:23   #11793
Senior - BHPian

With a heavy heart, we sold our 2013 EcoSport AT today, to a forum member. It was sad to see her go, and we had a good time with the car. Overall, a great ownership experience.
roy_libran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2018, 14:41   #11794
BHPian

I recently purchased a used 2015 August - EcoSport Trend via Ford Auction. The car has done 65000 Kilometres and seems to be in Good Nick.

The car was sitting idle for 2-3 months before it was Auctioned.

Some questions to the Experts here:

1. While doing <10 Kmph / Speed Breaker runs - If I'm in 2nd Gear, The car almost stalls (but does not switch off). If i slot into 1st Gear, The car runs fine.
(1st gear is super smooth compared to 2nd).

2. In rare cases - Up shifting from 2nd to 3rd, The car switches to 1st Gear - Could this be due to a bad Clutch or just an odd clutch slip (has happened twice in last 500 kms).

3. While Idling the car & windows rolled up - There is an odd buzzing noise inside the cabin and clears itself once the car is moving. Could this be due to the old / worn out under-the-hood insulation?

4. Anything I should primarily check in the car since it was idle? Car was serviced at 60000 KM. (Will do a basic check over the weekend and then plan for a comprehensive 70000 KM service when due).

A photo of the car when i took it out from the Ford Chennai Plant:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosportb.jpg  

MadBiker is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2018, 20:36   #11795
BHPian

6th year service

i own 2013 petrol manual and now 6th year service is due, car has run 56000 kms.planning for following work

- change timing belt,drive belts and tensioner(ford recommends every 120k or 5 years)
- change coolant(should i go for radiator flush ?)
- fuel filter
- brake fluid
- replace steering buttons, currently buttons works sometimes and sometimes just doesn't respond
- check clutch , its very hard lately.gear shifting has become hard too.

i will keep it for another 4-5 years so any other preventive maintenance/check i should do ?

anyone have done timing belt replacement,any idea how much it costs ?

also i am facing weird issue with AC,whenever vehicle is parked under sunlight after that AC just doesn't throw any cool air , otherwise just works fine. anyone faced similar issue with Ecosport ?

Thanks,
Old 18th December 2018, 13:00   #11796
BHPian

Mod Note: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers. Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use a spell-checker.

Last edited by GTO : 19th December 2018 at 06:38.
vu2pmc is offline   Received Infraction
Old 19th December 2018, 22:45   #11797
BHPian

Out of the blue today, on my 2013 Ecosport TDCi, the "Water-in-fuel" amber warning came up on the instrument cluster. Tried to switch on/off the engine and the warning was more intermittent. I didn't want to take a chance as we had a drive coming up tomorrow and the last thing was being stranded on a highway. Its 28K on the ODO, but the usage had drastically reduced, not sure if it was due to that or it really aged out.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20181219_112011.jpg

I was alarmed looking when I looked into the user-manual.

Name:  Screenshot 20181219 at 9.44.19 PM.png
Views: 4751
Size:  34.8 KB

Immediately drove to JSP Ford Service center at Bannerghatta road.

First thing the SA said was this was due to low Battery and more such alarms (even ABS) may start showing up in the coming days. But I argued there was no Battery Charge system warning, just this. He said they get many vehicles with such an issue and checked the battery. He pulled out the Battery liquid using a pipette. It had completely turned black. The instrument cluster warning was reset using their diagnostic computer. Their advice was to change the battery since it was almost five years now. I insisted on checking using a multi-meter, which they did but somehow could not get the readings on it.

I was not too sure if it was time to get the battery changed, but didn't want to risk taking my family knowing I had a bad/weak battery.

Got the Battery replaced with Ford Motorcraft, he said this was a higher capacity (55Ah) than the one that came with the car. Total damage - Rs 4123/- including taxes and labour, with one-year warranty. Here are some pictures of the new Battery.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20181219_122401.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20181219_122431__01.jpg
aquarian1502 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 23:22   #11798
BHPian

Even I got the same error and was told to change the battery in my ecosport and my running is less than yours. Somehow the SA’s advice didn’t convince me and I just ignored the same and drove to mysore and back couple of times without an hitch (touchwood). As I am primarily based out of LA , I religiously disconnect the leads before I travel and luckily for me the stock battery is doing fine.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2018, 23:36   #11799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
Even I got the same error and was told to change the battery in my ecosport and my running is less than yours. Somehow the SA’s advice didn’t convince me and I just ignored the same and drove to mysore and back couple of times without an hitch (touchwood). As I am primarily based out of LA , I religiously disconnect the leads before I travel and luckily for me the stock battery is doing fine.

To be honest, I was not too convinced either. Just that I gave in as it was five years now and the change was due sooner or later. Also, was told that cold weather makes it more difficult for an already weakened battery to hold its charge.
aquarian1502 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2018, 12:16   #11800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarian1502 View Post
Out of the blue today, on my 2013 Ecosport TDCi, the "Water-in-fuel" amber warning came up on the instrument cluster.

Its 28K on the ODO, but the usage had drastically reduced, not sure if it was due to that or it really aged out.

First thing the SA said was this was due to low Battery and more such alarms (even ABS) may start showing up in the coming days. But I argued there was no Battery Charge system warning, just this.
5+ Years is always a good time to change battery ! Well i remember getting water in fuel warning as early as 25k on the odo and my car less than 2 yrs ! The workshop guys tried their best to check what is the cause of this issue as everything seemed perfect. They even tried to disable the sensors Well i didnt have much time and drove off with the car. The issue got solved automatically after a day or two. Fast forward another 2+ yrs and 30k+ km later i got plagued with ABS malfunction warning and more water in fuel warning ! Apparently bad battery causes first gen Ecosport to throw all kinds of error albeit the low battery one ! Finally i replaced it with a Amaron with 5yr warranty.

Ford also uses Amaron battery and i must say you got a very good price. Mine costed 1k more from Amaron official store. When i went to ford dealership they wanted to sell 43Ah one and i was looking for a upgrade.

You can find more details in my post below:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4446799 (Ford EcoSport : Official Review)
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 08:52   #11801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
5+ Years is always a good time to change battery ! Well i remember getting water in fuel warning as early as 25k on the odo and my car less than 2 yrs ! The workshop guys tried their best to check what is the cause of this issue as everything seemed perfect. They even tried to disable the sensors Well i didnt have much time and drove off with the car. The issue got solved automatically after a day or two. Fast forward another 2+ yrs and 30k+ km later i got plagued with ABS malfunction warning and more water in fuel warning ! Apparently bad battery causes first gen Ecosport to throw all kinds of error albeit the low battery one ! Finally i replaced it with a Amaron with 5yr warranty.

Thank you Sam. Amaron was my first choice, but went ahead with this one due to a tight time crunch, plus found the price reasonable. Also, the old OEM battery had served well for 5 years and had never given any trouble. By not going with Amaron, I guess I will miss the 5-year warranty as the Ford provides just 1-year .
aquarian1502 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 18:50   #11802
BHPian

Interesting, the first time I got the fuel warning was in Oct 2018 i.e. 5 years after the car purchase. The Service center somehow managed to erase the warning giving silly reasons of bad fuel and battery (which was just replaced in Apr2018 after the ABS warning). Last week when I received the car after the regular service, the warning was lit again. The service team mentioned it was a battery issue and should get resolved by running the car (or charging). Next day the warning had disappeared. Not sure how to differentiate between a genuine warning vs. a fake one.

Last edited by sansvk : 23rd December 2018 at 18:54.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2019, 19:16   #11803
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Interesting, the first time I got the fuel warning was in Oct 2018 i.e. 5 years after the car purchase. The Service center somehow managed to erase the warning giving silly reasons of bad fuel and battery (which was just replaced in Apr2018 after the ABS warning). Last week when I received the car after the regular service, the warning was lit again. The service team mentioned it was a battery issue and should get resolved by running the car (or charging). Next day the warning had disappeared. Not sure how to differentiate between a genuine warning vs. a fake one.
Hope you have replaced the battery at least once in 5yr cycle. The new gen Ecosport also shows improper warnings in case of low battery. No idea how hard it is to show a low battery warning instead of these random symptoms.
Old 11th January 2019, 18:38   #11804
BHPian

Hi all,
I have a 2013 Tdci which has done 145k kms. Oil consumption is very high. 9 litres of oil filled in the last 8500 kms. Ford SVC says turbo is good and it could be cylinder head or pistons. Engine overhaul is needed , will cost 70k - 120k approx. Wondering if I should sell the car or do the service and use them for another 3 years. Black smoke, drop in mileage, high oil consumption are current issues.
Old 11th January 2019, 19:08   #11805
BHPian

Re: Ford Ecosport Engine Seized- Always heed the Check Engine Light!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan View Post
Some more information about the costing now.
After speaking to my Service Adviser at the Ford Workshop, he said that he has spoken to Ford India and will come back to me with a solution wherein he can help me save some costs (in the form of discounting I believe), as I had mentioned before, the total expense is coming to Rs. 1.45L.

Hi , any update on this issue ? I have the same problem , except that I religiously gave my car for service in FORD SVC everytime. Did you get some relief from Ford for parts ? Is it resolved now ?

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks