Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2019, 11:41   #11881
BHPian

Re: Which variant of Ford Ecosport to choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
Earlier this year, when I was in the market for a new car, I undertook multiple test drives of all versions of the Ecosport. While the diesel was initially my first choice, due to various reasons, I realised that it was not suitable for city driving, at least in my case. I would advise you to check out the Dragon engined version, this is a good engine with great drivability, and also good highway manners. The clutch on the diesel gets progressively heavy with usage, and I found it pretty annoying to manage this in stop and go Bangalore traffic. I was not ready to live with that heavy a clutch in regular city traffic conditions. Also, the overall feel of the TDCI is pretty heavy and ponderous, not as light footed and responsive as I would have liked my car to be. The ride quality of the Ecosport is also not great, with all potholes and road imperfections filtering in at all times. However, these are my personal impressions, someone who is used to driving diesel vehicles may be perfectly OK with these issues.

The Dragon engine however, is pretty responsive at low and mid-ranges, and has a much lighter clutch setup. Overall, much easier to drive. For your mileage of 1000 kms a month, it makes absolutely no sense to go for a diesel, in my view. Not to mention the debatable future of diesel cars n the country - that was also an important point which formed part of my decision making process. I was not ready to spend a big amount on a diesel car only to find out the government's apathy towards diesel in the coming years.

I ultimately settled for a different car altogether (from a different segment), since I was looking for a very good and responsive petrol engine. The Ecosport diesel with its heavy clutch and stiff ride quality did not cut it for me. Ended up cancelling my initial booking.
Heavy clutch and ride quality are two points in your message which I beg to differ. In fact, I found the clutch of the demo car very responsive and light in nature. Also, the car managed to handle pot holes and bumps really well. But what I agree fully is, the slow pick up. It seem the car was really lagging and took quite a long time to reach speed from 60 kmph to 80 kmph on 5th gear.

Though I have never driven a diesel car in my life, I could not find any other distinct defect in the ES. As far as FE is concerned, I found that per km cost of running a petrol ES is Rs 6.25 in my city whereas, diesel would cost me Rs 3.50 thus making a difference of Rs 2.75 per km. With price difference of Rs 80K and my annual expected running of around 12K km, the cost will be made good in little under 3 years, I think.

So, inclined to go ahead with the diesel T, provided I do not come accross any other major issue.
Old 2nd July 2019, 12:00   #11882
Senior - BHPian

Re: Which variant of Ford Ecosport to choose

Quote:
Originally Posted by purnendubagchi View Post
Heavy clutch and ride quality are two points in your message which I beg to differ. In fact, I found the clutch of the demo car very responsive and light in nature. Also, the car managed to handle pot holes and bumps really well.
Well sir, at the end of the day it is your your hard earned money and your choice, so feel free to put it on the Ecosport. It is definitely a capable vehicle, but I should mention that I reached these conclusions after multiple and long test drives, across different test drive (and privately owned) Ecosports, and over the course of several months.

In fact, my whole intention of doing so many test drives was to see whether the hard clutch and stiff suspension are just one -off issues in the particular car I was driving or was it an endemic problem. To my chagrin, I found it to be the latter. Could not bring myself to go ahead with my booking, because these were both deal breakers for me. My driving is primarily in the city, and I was not prepared to live with a heavy clutch setup.

Hard clutch and stiffer suspension setup are well known characteristics of the Ecosport diesel. Especially, if one is used to driving a petrol with softer clutch setups.

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 2nd July 2019 at 12:07.
Old 11th July 2019, 12:32   #11883
BHPian

Door Latch Issue

Hello,

i am facing rear door locking issue in my 2013 ecosport, rear driver side is not locking

so what are my options here,complete latch need to be replaced or repair is possible ?

attaching video

Thanks in advance.
JustStarted is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 10:45   #11884
BHPian

Re: Door Latch Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustStarted View Post
Hello,

i am facing rear door locking issue in my 2013 ecosport, rear driver side is not locking

so what are my options here,complete latch need to be replaced or repair is possible ?

Thanks in advance.
This looks like something broken for me, otherwise it returns on its own, the repairable problem is the one which gets bulged in sides, which can be fixed by filing them.

Worst case you can remove and try fixing the mechanism

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th July 2019 at 11:36. Reason: video link removed from the quote box
Old 16th July 2019, 13:03   #11885
VMG
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

I have a Ecosport AT 2016 December model. Would like to install Touch screen with rear camera feature. Please suggest me a good one ( less than 15K). Hope this does not void my warranty.( taken extended warranty for 4 years - valid till 2020 December).

Thanks.
Old 16th July 2019, 13:17   #11886
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMG View Post
I have a Ecosport AT 2016 December model. Would like to install Touch screen with rear camera feature. Hope this does not void my warranty.( taken extended warranty for 4 years - valid till 2020 December
This will definitely void your electrical components warranty.

You can get reverse camera in rear view mirror accessory added from authorized centre instead.
Old 18th July 2019, 15:00   #11887
BHPian

On my recent trip to Goa, starting from Badami and going to South Goa, I was driving through the Mollem ghats in heavy rain and then I had to take diversion, get down Mollem and travel through Chorla ghats to enter Goa, making me drive for almost 2.5 hours extra and straining the engine considerably.

All through the drive the AC was on due to heavy rain and from next day onwards I observed that whenever AC was switched on the compressor would switch off and on several times (5-6 times) in a span of 1 minute. The AC cooling was as expected and while the temperatures outside were around 26 degrees the AC was running on 22.5 or 22 most of the time. Till the end of the trip, this issue was recurring especially when the RPM was below 1.2k or when the car would be on idle but I didn't notice any drop in performance of the car or AC, neither did I see any warning lights light-up. Also, on a couple of occasions earlier, I noticed some kind of vibrating sound from the bonnet when the car's RPM was around 1.2k and running slowly. I never heard such sound before. It seemed like the engine wanted to stay running and not switch off.

Can the experts here indicate what may or may not have gone wrong?

Otherwise the car feels smooth like butter even at around 65k on the Odo after 3 years.
Old 22nd July 2019, 01:36   #11888
BHPian

Finally replaced my Ecosport's tyre with 4ST !

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_8851.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_8857.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_8859.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_8860.jpg

More info on this thread here:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4624740 (Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2019, 18:55   #11889
BHPian

Came across this post where an Ecosport rolls over at high speed and the driver walks out unhurt.

Quote:

A recent post on Facebook brings to light that a Ford EcoSport that was apparently travelling at a pretty high speed on a highway near Pathankot has met with a massive crash. As per the CCTV footage, the compact SUV, which seemingly lost control, rolled over multiple times before stopping on its all four on the roadside.

At first look, anyone going through the video footage would be rather horrified with the way the EcoSport had multiple roll-overs at a pretty high speed. However, thanks to the great build quality and the safety features that the Ford EcoSport comes with, the driver seems to have walked away unhurt. As per a witness, he saw the SUV roll several times at a pretty high speed before coming to a stop.
Source: Gaadiwaadi
Old 16th August 2019, 20:53   #11890
BHPian

When luck is not by your side.
Was crawling in a water logged street today at around 5kph and out of nowhere heard a sharp sound and saw a pebble ricochet from my rear view mirror.
Got down and saw this:
Called the workshop immediately, but they said they don't have the part, so asked them to order it.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20190816_114714.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2019, 07:44   #11891
BHPian

Does anyone know if this horn would fit the ecosport ?

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01H078EEO/..._QT0xDbTXKJ0FG

One of my car's horns out of the dual tones is busted and the horn now sounds like an Alto's
Old 23rd August 2019, 08:09   #11892
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post

One of my car's horns out of the dual tones is busted and the horn now sounds like an Alto's
You need to buy the adapter as the Ford connector is different and not universal:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3225...3aef4c4dtWEkhN
Old 23rd August 2019, 08:22   #11893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
You need to buy the adapter as the Ford connector is different and not universal:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3225...3aef4c4dtWEkhN

This would take over a month to come in. How much is the OEM horn ? Do you have any idea ?
Old 25th August 2019, 01:06   #11894

Quote:

Same thing happened to my car, I wanted to change the Horn but couldn't get the time was somehow managing with single horn not better sounding than an Activa. Then suddenly the horn went back to normal, I had a carwash done maybe the pressure washer hit the right spot on the horn I suggest getting it changed from Ford is the best thing.
Old 25th August 2019, 09:58   #11895
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
This would take over a month to come in. How much is the OEM horn ? Do you have any idea ?
I think less than a thousand bucks. I changed mine 2 years back to the Bosch you posted using the adapter.

Most Viewed