Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2019, 00:49   #11896
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
On my recent trip to Goa, starting from Badami and going to South Goa, I was driving through the Mollem ghats in heavy rain and then I had to take diversion, get down Mollem and travel through Chorla ghats to enter Goa, making me drive for almost 2.5 hours extra and straining the engine considerably.

All through the drive the AC was on due to heavy rain and from next day onwards I observed that whenever AC was switched on the compressor would switch off and on several times (5-6 times) in a span of 1 minute. The AC cooling was as expected and while the temperatures outside were around 26 degrees the AC was running on 22.5 or 22 most of the time. Till the end of the trip, this issue was recurring especially when the RPM was below 1.2k or when the car would be on idle but I didn't notice any drop in performance of the car or AC, neither did I see any warning lights light-up.
Doesn't seem like anything is wrong with the car. Also, I've driven through mollem/chorla number of times including a scenario similar to what you mentioned as I was unaware of mollem being blocked. My drives are also always with ac on.

However since a driver knows their car more intimately, it would probably be better to visit a service center and let them check if the ECU is giving any error codes.
marutifan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 17:05   #11897
Senior - BHPian

I have to change the engine oil on my Ecoboost and I prefer getting it done at a friend's garage. Issue is that, I'm unable to get 5W30 or 5W20 (as specified in the manual) outside and am told that only Ford can provide this oil but I do not want to go to Ford.

Castrol 5W40 is available. Can this be used in the Ecoboost engine? Will it cause any adverse effects?

Also can the experts help me out with any distributor for brembo brake discs/pads in Bombay as the brembo website doesn't show any which I find hard to digest.

Thank You.

Cheers,
Raj
Old 26th August 2019, 19:57   #11898
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmosedici View Post
I have to change the engine oil on my Ecoboost and I prefer getting it done at a friend's garage. Issue is that, I'm unable to get 5W30 or 5W20 (as specified in the manual) outside and am told that only Ford can provide this oil but I do not want to go to Ford.
I didn't get what you mean by "unable to get". Shell 5W30 is available on Amazon.in also. I'm sure it will be available at Shell fuel stations also. They also do "free oil change" (by charging the oil that much higher than other places. I.e. at MRP).

Here it is -
Amazon.in - Shell Helix HX8 Synthetic 5W30
Old 27th August 2019, 00:28   #11899
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I didn't get what you mean by "unable to get". Shell 5W30 is available on Amazon.in also. I'm sure it will be available at Shell fuel stations also. They also do "free oil change" (by charging the oil that much higher than other places. I.e. at MRP).

Here it is -
Amazon.in - Shell Helix HX8 Synthetic 5W30
Thanks for the link. I am a bit wary on buying Oil online and prefer buying from places where I am certain I'll get original. Hence I meant unable to get the Castrol 5W30 used by Ford however after reading a bit online I think 5W40 will not harm the engine and have decided to go for Castrol 5W40 for my Ecoboost.
Desmosedici is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 08:59   #11900
BHPian

Friends, I am in the used car market looking for 2013-2016 EcoSport diesel. (in Tamilnadu)

From which year did EcoSport come with 6 airbags, TCS, ESC (I am looking to own one with these).
What variants have the above features? Apart from Titanium plus, does Titanium (O) have these features? Was there Titanium plus right from 2013 itself?

What are the known issues in EcoSport of 2013-16?
Old 28th August 2019, 09:11   #11901
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post

From which year did EcoSport come with 6 airbags, TCS, ESC (I am looking to own one with these).
What variants have the above features? Apart from Titanium plus, does Titanium (O) have these features? Was there Titanium plus right from 2013 itself?

Ecoport was available with 6 airbags right from launch in 2013. If you buy the Titanium + or called Titanium (O) earlier it will have 6 airbags in the diesel variant.

2013-206 no major issues in Ecosport. There was an airbag wiring recall which they replaced the airbag wiring harness.

Apart from that a few issues are audio system BT sometimes doesn't connect, climate control sensor makes a whine and needs replacement, the boot alignment causes the boot to rattle, headlights suck, pickup in 2013-2016 is not as good as post 2016 which got 100BHP vs 90BHP at launch.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 09:22   #11902
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Ecoport was available with 6 airbags right from launch in 2013. If you buy the Titanium + or called Titanium (O) earlier it will have 6 airbags in the diesel variant.
Thank you very much for your quick and valuable reply, sir. I appreciate it.
Then what was the difference between Titanium plus and Titanium (O) variants?
I am keen on TCS, ESC too.

Is there anyone who replaced the OE unit with buttons to aftermarket touch screen information system (as warranty would have ended now)?

P.S: I trust Ford and Volkswagen for their build quality. Ruled out VW as Polo/Vento doesn't come with 6 airbags, TCS, ESC.
I don't have the same build quality trust on new Aspire, Freestyle (3 stars with unstable structure) that I have on EcoSport. But I cannot afford a new EcoSport. Hence buying a used EcoSport for the price of a new Freestyle/Aspire.
Old 28th August 2019, 10:13   #11903
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thank you very much for your quick and valuable reply, sir. I appreciate it.
Then what was the difference between Titanium plus and Titanium (O) variants?
I am keen on TCS, ESC too.

Is there anyone who replaced the OE unit with buttons to aftermarket touch screen information system (as warranty would have ended now)?
Titanium + and (O) are same thing. Just the (O) was dropped after a couple of years.

The TCS and ESC is only available on the Automatic not on the diesel.

It's difficult to change the infotainment system as the car features are controlled from the system.

The climate control display is the same screen, service indicator, check engine light and any other malfunction comes on that screen. It's not just audio.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 10:29   #11904
BHPian

Thank you very much sir.
One final question:
From which year did Manual diesel EcoSport (Titanium+) get Traction control system and Electronic stability control?
Old 28th August 2019, 10:45   #11905
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
P.S: I trust Ford and Volkswagen for their build quality. Ruled out VW as Polo/Vento doesn't come with 6 airbags, TCS, ESC.
I don't have the same build quality trust on new Aspire, Freestyle (3 stars with unstable structure) that I have on EcoSport. But I cannot afford a new EcoSport. Hence buying a used EcoSport for the price of a new Freestyle/Aspire.
If I may ask, how long do you intend to keep this car with you? My honest suggestion would be to save a bit more for another 2-3 months, take some good offer on loan by making use of the overall slowdown & buy a new EcoSport. Especially if you intend to keep it for anything above 3 years.

You'll get proper warranty cover + extended warranty = big peace of mind, latest features & most importantly - new car smell .
Old 29th August 2019, 11:05   #11906
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Friends, I am in the used car market looking for 2013-2016 EcoSport diesel. (in Tamilnadu)

It is better to go for ES post-September 2015 for known reasons (more powerful eng, left side wiper stalk etc.,). Also, do check the engine batch based on the VIN. Some of the engines were oil guzzlers. You can check with any authorized dealer.
RGK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2019, 20:07   #11907
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marutifan View Post
Doesn't seem like anything is wrong with the car. Also, I've driven through mollem/chorla number of times including a scenario similar to what you mentioned as I was unaware of mollem being blocked. My drives are also always with ac on.

However since a driver knows their car more intimately, it would probably be better to visit a service center and let them check if the ECU is giving any error codes.
Thank you for the reply. I got it checked at the ASC where I usually go and the fan was replaced under warranty. Now the car is running fine without the noise, it's been over 1k kilometers of driving after the replacement. There was no other issue as per them.
Old 1st September 2019, 11:53   #11908
BANNED

BS6 test mule of Ecosport spotted by an Autocar reader at Chennai outskirts.

1.5 liter petrol engine, and 1.5 liter diesel engine to undergo BS6 conversion while 1.0 liter Ecoboost engine to be discontinued. Ecoboost engine to be replaced by Mahindra's 1.2 liter turbo petrol engine which does duty on XUV300.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport-bs6.jpg
Link
wheelguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 23:51   #11909
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea how much the tailgate lock cost ? My cars tailgate is not locking and I think the actuator mechanism has gone bad. Just wanted to get an idea of the price and if it’s something an outside garage be able to fix or do I have to go to the official service centre.
Old 8th September 2019, 00:26   #11910
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Does anyone have any idea how much the tailgate lock cost ? My cars tailgate is not locking and I think the actuator mechanism has gone bad. Just wanted to get an idea of the price and if it’s something an outside garage be able to fix or do I have to go to the official service centre.

It cost me 7,231/- (incl. GST) for replacement done in Nov'18. The SA saying it's rare for that lock to fail. So it looks like it is not that rare after all.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks