Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2019, 06:51   #11911
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampot View Post
It cost me 7,231/- (incl. GST) for replacement done in Nov'18. The SA saying it's rare for that lock to fail. So it looks like it is not that rare after all.

Yes, Even I was shocked to see this fail. And it failed at the worse time when I was 30kms away from home at a mall. Finally managed to find a rope to tie it and get it home. I've been told by an independent workshop that it'll cost 4500 and they'll use the genuine ford lock and he told me that ford workshop will charge 7k so I guess he was correct. I'm wondering now if it's worth saving the extra money or just go with the more reliable option, if there is anything called reliable in this case.
There are cases of this lock failing online but nothing India specific that I found and AliExpress even has it available for sale. Costs about 2500 so I guess the OEM 7000 price makes sense. Do you know which brand lock is it ?
Old 8th September 2019, 09:54   #11912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
BS6 test mule of Ecosport spotted by an Autocar reader at Chennai outskirts.

1.5 liter petrol engine, and 1.5 liter diesel engine to undergo BS6 conversion while 1.0 liter Ecoboost engine to be discontinued. Ecoboost engine to be replaced by Mahindra's 1.2 liter turbo petrol engine which does duty on XUV300.

Link
So if Ecoboost is discontinued, then along with it Sync system will also be withdrawn? Any guesses?
Old 8th September 2019, 10:36   #11913
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Ford already sales EcoBlue 1.5 TDCi in Europe with their Euro6 norms. Good thing is it's bumped up power ratings.

It's tuned for 120bhp there.

But I wonder if this new EcoSport is really getting that engine or with new Mahindra Ford JV, the Marazzo 1.5L Diesel will find its way under EcoSport?
Old 8th September 2019, 12:11   #11914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Does anyone have any idea how much the tailgate lock cost
The same part failed in our 2013 Ecosport this year around may. As you say, had to tie up the tail gate with a heavy rope since the design is such that if the door opens, it would open on some poor biker or car and its very heavy too.

My motor was working fine and the independent garage i sent her too replaced the lock at a cost of around 4000. This was the first and only part to fail in 6 years/65000 kms before we sold the car off last month.
Old 8th September 2019, 12:14   #11915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
So if Ecoboost is discontinued, then along with it Sync system will also be withdrawn? Any guesses?
What's the connection between Ecoboost and Sync? The Ecoboost engine will be replaced by a 1.2L GDI from Mahindra and should actually be better suited to our city driving conditions.
Old 8th September 2019, 19:50   #11916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampot View Post
It cost me 7,231/- (incl. GST) for replacement done in Nov'18. The SA saying it's rare for that lock to fail. So it looks like it is not that rare after all.
No, its not rare at all. My tail gate lock was replaced under warranty as well, and even now it does not open at first attempt.
amit.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 13:07   #11917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Amaron FLO seem to be the choice for most people here so i headed to the nearest Amaron Pitstop center to get my battery replaced.
Thanks for the wonderful inputs. I am getting Amaron FLO of 55Ah for 5,600 with exchange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
There is a plastic raiser which can be removed to make room for the 55Ah one.
The Amaron guy was saying that it will be difficult to fit in a 55Ah battery and was pushing for a 45Ah one. Can you specifically point out the plastic raiser part in the pic that you have attached so that i can highlight it to the amaron guy.
dpkbehera is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2019, 13:58   #11918
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
The Amaron guy was saying that it will be difficult to fit in a 55Ah battery and was pushing for a 45Ah one. Can you specifically point out the plastic raiser part in the pic that you have attached so that i can highlight it to the amaron guy.
Ideally, shouldn't the owners' manual specify the recommended battery ratings including the capacity (Ah)? All cars that I have owned/maintained have mentioned which battery rating to use in the manual. Strangely, the EcoSport manual doesn't seem to specify whether 45Ah to be used or 55Ah on petrol/diesel variants. Doing so would have avoided this confusion altogether.
I'd suggest you to stick to the same rating as the one that you see on the battery that you are replacing. Don't change. It doesn't make a huge difference as such. The alternator's charging rating as well as time to full charge etc. is tuned with the stock battery capacity & would vary if you change the capacity that's all. Unless you are planning to install high power consuming accessories like aux lamps etc - stay with stock rating.

Last edited by Reinhard : 9th September 2019 at 14:15. Reason: typo
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2019, 01:29   #11919
BHPian

My 2016 Ecosport Diesel Titanium has done about 35000 kms, and the rear tyres (MRF ZV2K 205/60R16) are worn down to the Tread Wear Indicators. I was thinking of upsizing to 215/60R16 (Brezza Size) or 215/65R16 (Duster Size). I have seen Ecosports fitted with the 215/65 and the owners reported no issues at all with scraping or otherwise. I am hoping that the extra sidewall and more aggressive tread pattern will prevent more scuffing of the rim and improve the ride quality a bit.

However, despite repeated requests, the service folk have failed to include the spare tyre in the rotation, which means I am left with a 3-year-old unused spare tyre, that has been exposed to the sunlight as long as the vehicle has been driven, and is likely to have dried up (though there are no cracks or any other visible signs of damage). I usually fill up the spare a couple PSI less to reduce the load on it.

Could I just buy a new 205/60R16 ZV2K, take off the spare, and keep the slightly better looking worn tyre as the spare, or would it be unsafe? If I am buying two tyres, I'd like to upsize to at least 215/60R16. Thoughts and comments?

I'd have included pics, but the car is currently at the ASC due to a failed AC compressor/cooling fan/sensor. The AC stopped cooling while idling, and would only cool while running. A bit of googling identified this as a condenser fan issue. I couldn't immediately take the car to ASC as it was closed for Onam in Kerala. Then, the AC stopped working altogether. I took it to the ASC, Kairali Ford at Trivandrum the next day, as soon as they reopened. The SA initially told me that the issue was with the cooling fan and the sensor, and that they could repair the issue under extended warranty and deliver the vehicle the next day itself, i.e today. At around noon today, the SA called me up and said that the compressor had stopped working during the test drive, and that it needed to be replaced. They would do the entire work under extended warranty, but a new compressor unit has to be ordered from Chennai, which would only be here on Tuesday.

Has anyone else experienced AC issues with the Ecosport in such a short time? Our old Indigo had issues with Icing on the coil which would block the airflow, but the compressor and cooling coil held on for about 6 years before giving up the ghost.

Last edited by vivekgk : 14th September 2019 at 01:33.
Old 14th September 2019, 01:46   #11920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwin07 View Post
Is there anyone who replaced the OE unit with buttons to aftermarket touch screen information system (as warranty would have ended now)?
I don't know anyone personally, but this is a youtube review from India, of a Tesla-like tall touchscreen audio system for the pre-facelift Ecosport, which seems to take over the ACC and other control functions as well.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport-tesla-audio-system.jpg

Here's one on sale on AliExpress.

If anyone has already installed this setup on their Ecosport, please post a review or at least some details.
vivekgk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 11:43   #11921
BHPian

My ecosport sync system used to work with my Samsung galaxy s9 plus phone but all of a sudden it started acting funny and is not connecting anymore.
Tried the master reset from settings but didn't work. Please advise that how can i reset it.
Old 22nd September 2019, 01:47   #11922
BHPian

EcoSport 60k km service update

Ecosport TDCi 60k km service:

Our 2016 Ecosport Titanium + TDCi went for its 60k km service yesterday. The car turned 3 years old this September, so we have been clocking around 20k km annually. The 60k km service was a slightly bigger service, since it needed replacement of the diesel filter (diesel filter needs replacement every 30k km) along with engine oil & air filter change. This time I didn't have any complaint , the car was running fine. So, I dropped the car in the morning & the whole service was completed by 3:30 pm. As usual, my SA didn't push for any unnecessary things like AC gas top-up, alignment & balancing. Final bill was Rs. 6074, which to me seems very reasonable considering the work done. The only problem I have with the bill is the labor charge, which at Rs. 2475 is slightly on the higher side.

Tire change at 56k km:

By 56k km the OE Goodyear Assurance tires had become hard, noisy & they were worn out as well. So, it was time to get new tires in stock size. I personally find the Goodyear Assurance very average tires with high road noise, so was looking to try a different brand this time. Our erstwhile Punto had Michelin XM2s (185/70 R14) & I liked them, they were very silent & comfort was high as well. So this time decided to go with Michelin Primacy 4ST tires in stock size, despite the high price (Rs. 7600 per piece). I did briefly consider Yokohama BlueEarth1, but finally decided to go with the tried & tested Michelin tires. First improvement I noticed is how silent they are, even at high speeds. The ride seems to have slightly improved, only slightly since the Ecosport is inherently very stiffly sprung. Braking in gravel roads has improved considerably, the ABS doesn't kick in as frequently as it did previously. Overall satisfied with the new tires, let's see how they hold up in the long run.

One more thing I learnt that day, that it's very expensive to replace tires in a Compact SUV compared to a similarly priced hatchback/sedan, since these vehicles have bigger wheels. I have always thought of FWD Compact SUVs as hatchbacks on heels, now I think of them as hatchback on heels with expensive to replace shoes (or heels ).

The final bill of the 60k km service:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport-60k-km.jpg

SA doing the preliminary checks:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport-service.jpg

The new Michelin tires:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-tyre-1.jpg

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-tyre-2.jpg

Last edited by chiranjitp : 22nd September 2019 at 01:55.
chiranjitp is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2019, 22:26   #11923
BHPian

Has anyone had issues with fatigue or body pain after driving for a while? My commute is about 50 KM's a day and in peak traffic takes 3 hours up n down.

The car has done 75,000 kilometres and off late even the daily commute is getting strained up. It was recently serviced at 70,000 and has got new Michelin tyres.

What could cause this? The shoulders / back ache a lot and feel the body roll has increased especially in bad roads / broken spead breakers.

°2015 Trend Diesel
Old 22nd September 2019, 23:15   #11924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBiker View Post
Has anyone had issues with fatigue or body pain after driving for a while? My commute is about 50 KM's a day and in peak traffic takes 3 hours up n down.

The car has done 75,000 kilometres and off late even the daily commute is getting strained up. It was recently serviced at 70,000 and has got new Michelin tyres.

What could cause this? The shoulders / back ache a lot and feel the body roll has increased especially in bad roads / broken spead breakers.

°2015 Trend Diesel

What tyres were the previous ones and which are the new ones; assuming P4STs. Are you running too high a pressure on the tyres? 32psi would be ideal for solo rides. Perhaps you can try it if it's not already. If the suspension is getting weaker, Ford service center people might have informed you already, so assuming suspension is good at the moment.
pkrish is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 08:36   #11925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkrish View Post
What tyres were the previous ones and which are the new ones; assuming P4STs. Are you running too high a pressure on the tyres? 32psi would be ideal for solo rides. Perhaps you can try it if it's not already. If the suspension is getting weaker, Ford service center people might have informed you already, so assuming suspension is good at the moment.
I was running stock MRF for 70,000 KM's

Yes, the new ones are Michelin primacy 4ST and running 33 psi.

Suspension seems to be ok and doens't bottom out. But just that the ride is very hard and even the passengers complain of neck / body pain after a short drive

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks