Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2020, 15:57   #12016
BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Are you from the 2013 batch? We have many in the forum who have their engine replaced, including mine which has a replaced Short Block assembly - I presume the Timing belt, and Drive belt are all in.
No mine is 2014 August batch, diesel. No recalls for my model.
Old 16th March 2020, 10:42   #12017

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
For a heavy vehicle like the Ecosport petrol, a mileage of 10-11 kmpl is pretty darn decent, especially if you are driving mostly within city conditions. My Honda City also returns around 11 kmpl, with moderately aggressive driving and heavy city traffic. There might be a marginal improvement after the first oil change, but I would not expect a major difference.
Dear Arindam Bayya,

Thanks a lot. I drove on the highways yesterday, sometimes in cruise control mode (set speed around 100 to 110 km). The mileage is around 16.2 km/l. I was highly satisfied that the car had great handling sense and much better than my i20 (which returned 16 km/l too on highways).
Old 16th March 2020, 11:16   #12018
BHPian

My cousin wanted to get Brezza, I convinced him to buy Ecosport. We went to test drove the BS6 diesel Ecosport Saturday and pretty impressed by the overall driving behavior, NVH(Surprised) and the TD car had 1400 kms on ODO. Overall we were satisfied except the fact that Ford messed up big time with features shuffling between variants!

There is a Thunder Pack, Sports Pack and Titanium+ with 6 airbags is not top-end but the Titanium+ with Sports pack is the top variant, as mentioned by SA and as seen in brochure comparing features! We are royally confused and left the showroom. Initially decided to go ahead with Titanium as Titanium+ OTR came around 13.8L whereas Titanium costed 11.35L and except 6 airbags I don't see any useful feature. Again 11.35L was 2L above his budget and he is in decision mode. What do you guys suggest? Go with Titanium or go with Aspire D top-end?
Old 16th March 2020, 12:07   #12019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcentrk View Post
Again 11.35L was 2L above his budget and he is in decision mode. What do you guys suggest? Go with Titanium or go with Aspire D top-end?
What is the INR 2.5 lakhs difference towards then - other than 4 extra airbags?
Old 16th March 2020, 12:14   #12020
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
What is the INR 2.5 lakhs difference towards then - other than 4 extra airbags?
Sunroof, Sync3, Auto-dimming IRVM are the major. Forgot the others as I have left the spec sheet at home.
Old 23rd March 2020, 10:52   #12021

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcentrk View Post
Sunroof, Sync3, Auto-dimming IRVM are the major. Forgot the others as I have left the spec sheet at home.

The extra features other than those listed are:

Voice Command
Cruise Control
Rain sensing wipers
Rear Cup holders and Rear Arm Rest
Orange Inserts
Driver and co driver footwell lighting
Sporty accelerator and brake alloy pedals (those dotted ones)
Brake Assist
Traction Control System
TPMS
ESP
Auto Headlamps
Ford My Key
isofix Child seat mounts
Hill start assist
Android Auto and Apple Car Play
Leather seats having a fabric lining in seating and back rest areas
Steerclear is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2020, 10:14   #12022
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steerclear View Post
The extra features other than those listed are:

Voice Command
====
Leather seats having a fabric lining in seating and back rest areas
That was pretty impressive list of features. Its VFM
Old 10th May 2020, 11:40   #12023
BHPian

Guys, I want to disconnect the battery of my Ecoboost but was wondering if I could just pull the main fuse out?
Old 29th May 2020, 23:59   #12024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Ford Ecosport in public service: spotted this one today.

Attachment 1952071

Good to see the govt agencies looking beyond the traditional brands, like Mahindra
I had seen few white colored ecosports identified as highway patrol on NH16 while I was traveling from Vishakhapatnam to Vijaywada in July last year. I was amazed! It must have been invested heavily by the departments. Coincidentally, I was too driving my white ecosport but without a siren.
Old 1st June 2020, 01:37   #12025
BHPian

2016 Ecosport TDCi 70k km service:

The last service was done at 59k km & I had planned to keep the oil change interval at 8-9k km going forward, which meant next service was due at 68k km. Though due to Covid-19 & lockdown, I couldn't get the service done earlier. I would have postponed the service to an even later date, if not for a noise that had developed recently. During startup & shutdown (i.e when the engine shakes a bit), a ringing kind of sound came from the engine. So, it was decided to get the issue checked & also complete the 70k km service.

70k km service for an Ecosport is a simple service where only engine oil & engine oil filter are changed. I generally prefer to stay with the car during service & overlook the work done, though this time due to the current situation I dropped off the car & came back home. I told my SA to fix the ringing sound & change both the Air & AC filters, over & above the engine oil & filter change.

The ringing sound issue was solved, it was apparently due to the starter motor bracket coming in contact with something. The SA told me they had to change some gear lever bushing (worth 300 rupees), as the OE one was worn out. The total bill was Rs. 5249, which is reasonable for a 70k km service of a diesel car. This time they did add some unnecessary (though cheap) things to the bill like wash fluid pouch (washer tank was already full), service kit, distilled water & some grease.

Today morning I checked the dipstick level, to my shock it was slightly above the maximum mark . Checked the bill, they had billed me for 4.2 litres of engine oil. For all the previous oil changes, they billed me for 4 litres of engine oil. Checked the owner's manual, it recommended 3.8 litres of engine oil with oil filter replacement. Called my SA & asked for an explanation, he told me sometimes the engine takes more engine oil & hence they filled more engine oil this time . I am aware that there are many side effects of overfilling engine oil, especially in a turbocharged engine. In our ex Punto, the crankshaft oil seal gave away at 90k km due to overfilling of engine oil.

It was a case of once bitten, twice shy. Informed my SA that I am coming over to FASS to get the excess engine oil drained. The mechanic put the car on a ramp, loosened the drain plug nut & drained a bit of engine oil. Checked the dipstick, it was slightly below the maximum mark. Told the mechanic & the SA to fill only 3.8 litres of engine oil in my car henceforth, no matter the dipstick reading.

The mechanics trying to figure out the ringing sound:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-service-photo.jpg

70k km service bill:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-ecosport-70k-km-service.jpg

Before photo of the oil dipstick:

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dipstick-before.jpg

After photo of the oil dipstick (after letting the engine cool down for 5-6 hours):

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-dipstick-after.jpg

Last edited by chiranjitp : 1st June 2020 at 01:56.
chiranjitp is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 23:14   #12026
BHPian

Since the lockdown started, my Ecosport (2013, TDCi) hasn't been taken out for a ride. I have been religiously starting the car once in 3 days, switching on the AC, doing electrical and fluid checks, driving it out of the parking lot for a few feet and parking it back.
Today, I noticed that the Check Engine light was glowing after start up. Did not notice any loss in fluids or leaks, checked for wires cut, but nothing obvious.
Suspect something wrong with a sensor or the exhaust. I don't have an obd scanner, hence planning to take it for a short ride tomorrow morning to see if the error disappears. Any other pointers would help.
Old 3rd June 2020, 23:34   #12027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
During startup & shutdown (i.e when the engine shakes a bit), a ringing kind of sound came from the engine. So, it was decided to get the issue checked & also complete the 70k km service.
Does this sound come when radiator fan kicks in? I am having a similar problem in my ecosport. The engine vibrates a lot and shakes when the radiator fan kicks in. I could literally feel it inside the cabin. Plus i feel the engine is heating too much. The coolant and engine oil levels are ok. Ford service centre here are already overburdened with amphan related cars so don't want to give my vehicle now.
Old 4th June 2020, 10:48   #12028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Since the lockdown started, my Ecosport (2013, TDCi) hasn't been taken out for a ride. I have been religiously starting the car once in 3 days, switching on the AC, doing electrical and fluid checks, driving it out of the parking lot for a few feet and parking it back.
Today, I noticed that the Check Engine light was glowing after start up. Did not notice any loss in fluids or leaks, checked for wires cut, but nothing obvious.
Suspect something wrong with a sensor or the exhaust. I don't have an obd scanner, hence planning to take it for a short ride tomorrow morning to see if the error disappears. Any other pointers would help.
Update: Checked all fluid, wires and tightened all caps this morning. The initial start up showed the Check Engine warning. Went for a 3km drive with the warning on. Switched off and restarted to find the warning disappear.
Old 5th June 2020, 22:03   #12029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Does this sound come when radiator fan kicks in? I am having a similar problem in my ecosport. The engine vibrates a lot and shakes when the radiator fan kicks in.
No, the sound only came during engine startup & shutdown (i.e when the engine shakes a bit). Even in cold morning start & shutdown it was there, when there is no chance of radiator fan kicking in.

I have heard about this issue of the radiator fan getting loud (& creating vibrations) in some Ecosports. Luckily for me the radiator fan sound hasn't changed over the years, no vibrations as well. How much has your car done?

Last edited by chiranjitp : 5th June 2020 at 22:12.
Old 6th June 2020, 00:21   #12030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
I have heard about this issue of the radiator fan getting loud (& creating vibrations) in some Ecosports. Luckily for me the radiator fan sound hasn't changed over the years, no vibrations as well. How much has your car done?
Yes the radiator fan is really loud and creating lots of vibration. Something is wrong with the fan i guess. Hope changing the radiator fan solves the issue as my car is still under extended warranty. My car has done close to 53k kms in 3 years 8 months.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks