Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th July 2021, 12:53   #151
BHPian

Re: Mercedes A-Class : Official Review

One of my relatives is looking for a used Merc A-class in Kerala.

I'm not well versed with Mercs, so it would be helpful if owners here can shed some light on their reliability and what are the usual things one should look into.

Do Mercs have issues with the dual-clutch gearbox or multiple sensor issues like VAG vehicles? I hope they are better reliability wise.
The said relative has had his share of bad experiences with VAG vehicles so doesn't want to touch them. But he still prefers European brands.

Decent looking 6-7 year old A-classes are available in the price range of 13-15 lakhs. What would be a reasonable price for a 2014- 2016 A-class that has run around 50,000 kms?

Thanks in advance
SUPERSPORT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 14:54   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERSPORT View Post
One of my relatives is looking for a used Merc A-class in Kerala.

I'm not well versed with Mercs, so it would be helpful if owners here can shed some light on their reliability and what are the usual things one should look into.

Do Mercs have issues with the dual-clutch gearbox or multiple sensor issues like VAG vehicles? I hope they are better reliability wise.
The said relative has had his share of bad experiences with VAG vehicles so doesn't want to touch them. But he still prefers European brands.
A friend has an A class in Cochin that is a few years old. It has been flatbeded at least 4 - 5 times. Sensor issues impacted that car multiple times and the sensors are expensive to replace. I forget the exact cost now but having the vehicle give up on the higways when you are travelling with your family, is undoubtedly frustrating. I

If your relative wants a peace of mind ownership experience, I would suggest that he / she avoids these A classes.
neil.jericho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2021, 23:28   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
It has been flatbeded at least 4 - 5 times. Sensor issues impacted that car multiple times and the sensors are expensive to replace.

If your relative wants a peace of mind ownership experience, I would suggest that he / she avoids these A classes.
Thanks Neil for the quick info. Seems like it may be a risky proposition. A friend of mine too mentioned that wheel speed sensors are vulnerable though not to the extent of VAGs. It may not suit the purpose entirely.

Will ask him to try other alternatives too.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks