Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th July 2013, 14:24   #106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonVilano View Post
Any idea on how to get the ecu remapped to the merc c class or the amg levels
Since it has the same engine ??
Congrats on your A180 CDI DonVilano! Try contacting Pete's or Code 6 about the remap. I think C220 CDI levels might be possible.
Old 30th July 2013, 19:41   #107
BHPian

Re: Mercedes A-Class : Official Review

A class 180 CDI has 2.2 cyl engine

C class has the same engine
E class starting line has also the same engine

The engine is de-tuned so that it
doesn't affect sales of C or CLA in the future

I personally don't feel the lack of power on Indian roads
But if it affects then remap it to amg levels
Old 3rd August 2013, 20:11   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonVilano View Post
( N.B dealers of merc are a bit of letdown they don't give you much options to choose from and standard of care is just not what you expect from a merc)
Does anyone know if we can get the rear view camera and the navigation fitted in as extras for the a class? I asked the dealers(cochin) and they are being rather mute about it. If I can't get the official ones, is it possible that I can get an standard one and make it visible on the onboard screen? Does it in anyway affect the warranty?
Old 27th August 2013, 22:37   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekonda View Post

I can get an standard one and make it visible on the onboard screen? Does it in anyway affect the warranty?
The way the onboard screen is built that's not possible. There is no video input. Only way would be to add a camera with an addition small screen into the dashboard.
abishek2222 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 23:34   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Watch this awesome review by Chris Harris. A45 AMG v BMW M135i on Road and Track.

I enjoyed this test a lot. His reviews are at a different level altogether with the technical details but not being geeky at all. Enjoy!
Indeed it was a fantastically entertaining and informative review.

I am absolutely astonished that the A45 dominated over the M car in pretty much all respects. They have taken a leaf from the Focus RS's book of FWD-sports-car-greatness and then out-Focused it in style.

And to top it all, the A always felt like a special little car whereas the 1 series felt like a cheap BMW.

Last edited by Mpower : 28th August 2013 at 17:55.
Mpower is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 10:48   #111
BHPian

A well laid out review Rehaan.
Saw one of this driving past today morning when heading to office. Boy, the design looks neat and indeed a head turner and I am in love with the alloy wheels.
Spot on for the interiors but the engine power should have been something which they shouldve improved. And I am .
Old 28th August 2013, 13:15   #112
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Indeed it was a fantastically entertaining and informative review.
I am absolutely astonished that the A45 dominated over the M car in pretty much all respects. They have taken a leaf from the Focus RS's book of FWD-sports-car-greatness and then out-Focused it in style.
To top if all, the A always felt like a special little car whereas the 1 series felt like a cheap BMW.
It should one special number – the A45. The verdict is quite unanimous from all the reviewers. That said, BMW can say that it’s not really a fair comparison, as the all-wheel-drive A45 is a full-fledged AMG model while the M135i is a lesser M-performance edition
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2013, 16:02   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post

Can you take the pain of putting up a pic of the keys you got with the A-class

Got my bhp stickers so I thought I would put it up on the 'A'
Attached Thumbnails
Mercedes A-Class : Official Review-image916017635.jpg  

anekonda is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st September 2013, 14:07   #114

Great review Rehaan! bravo!
I have seen only one of these beauties on road and for the thirty odd seconds that it was in my view range.. all i could focus on was the wheels!! OMG.. its the best feature as far as the looks go.
With a price tag of a few lacs less, i think we can see it wipe out all sales for X1...
Old 16th September 2013, 21:20   #115
BHPian

its such a great looker, wonder why didnt merc make it faster and the borrowed diesel unit from Renault churning out 107 bhp is just too super basic for a 20+L car. Saw one on road today and it's such a beautiful car pitty it is not as powerful.
Old 17th September 2013, 09:50   #116
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
its such a great looker, wonder why didnt merc make it faster and the borrowed diesel unit from Renault churning out 107 bhp is just too super basic for a 20+L car. Saw one on road today and it's such a beautiful car pitty it is not as powerful.
Correction, it uses the Merc 2.2 mill. The euro A180 uses the Renault engine
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2013, 17:41   #117

Planning to buy A 180CDI but need to take a call on optional accessories (cost / benefit trade-off!). Some posts indicate that this is almost like a stripped of down version of petrol model in terms of accessories, while others indicate differences are minor. Diamond grille, for example?
Old 7th November 2013, 17:10   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by siddhu_75 View Post
Planning to buy A 180CDI but need to take a call on optional accessories (cost / benefit trade-off!). Some posts indicate that this is almost like a stripped of down version of petrol model in terms of accessories, while others indicate differences are minor. Diamond grille, for example?
Siddhu_75,

It would be best if you spoke to the dealer for the preliminary information / costing.

Mercedes had a different feature set for the first 400 cars (which i believe are all sold) and so the features offered as standard will be different now.

I don't think the diamond grille is part of the standard accessories on either the petrol or diesel now.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2013, 16:50   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

Siddhu_75,

It would be best if you spoke to the dealer for the preliminary information / costing.

Mercedes had a different feature set for the first 400 cars (which i believe are all sold) and so the features offered as standard will be different now.

I don't think the diamond grille is part of the standard accessories on either the petrol or diesel now.

cya
R
Checked with Trans Car in Chennai. diamond Grill is additional for 72K but all the cars they had on display as well as for test drive were ones with diamond grill. they said that they offer it as part of standard package to retail customer (since mine was a corporate offer so not included).

All new cars with come with Park Assist (not connected to the display but a beep warning).

Boot space seems to be less than my i20. rear seat for 2 only - both due to the transmission tunnel as well raised center of the bench (which is to provide the rear seat a shape that it isn't flat but provides comfort to passengers)
siddhu_75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2013, 06:55   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post

Front seats are clearly inspired from racing seats. I thought they provided decent comfort, others thought they were great:

The cars that I saw (and was told that it is standard) do not have all leather seats, but only the borders made of black leather while the rest is fabric with horizontal stripes. For some maybe more cool, but lacks elegance of all black of the pics that Rehaan shared
siddhu_75 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks