Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2013, 22:55   #136
BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Rate increase.
Micra CVT prices were hiked by 5k quietly as per the Nissan website.
This was just today after complaints were raised two days back in this forum against the extra charges being asked by the dealers as logistic charges.
The Nissan added the logistic charges to its ex showroom prices.
The surprise was when the dealers still asked for a 8k logistic over and above this hiked rate. The car which was booked 15 days ago with a promise of delivery in 12-21 days has been refused. The dealer simply regretted that the company is unable to supply this and asked us to take the money back.
All this for the 5k?! Doesn't fit in.
How will serious and larger issues be ironed out?
It seems Nissan has Indianised even before Datsun is launched.
Don't overestimate the initial demands and play with the Indian buyers, Mr. Nissan.
whymeonly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 00:23   #137
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Facelifted Nissan Micra diesel now available in XE variant!

Nissan have quietly re-introduced the base XE variant on the facelifted Micra diesel.

The XE variant is not available on the facelifted petrol Micra as there is the entire Micra Active variant family positioned below the facelifted Micra XL petrol.

The diesel XE gets the basics such as manual A/C, tinted glasses, power steering with tilt adjustment, tachometer, drive computer, adjustable headrests at the front and rear, accessory socket, engine immobiliser and a very welcome driver's airbag but not much else, according to the website:

http://nissanmicra.co.in/techspecs.php

Prices have not been updated on the website yet, but it's bound to be around the Rs. 5.5 lac mark in most cities. If that's the case, then it would be the least expensive car in India sporting the proven and fuel-efficient Renault K9K diesel engine.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 19:04   #138
BHPian

Had a test drive of the CVT found the transmission to be quite smooth and gear change to be unnoticeable. Overall it felt nice. the interiors where far better than that of the brio i felt. Does any one have the real on road mileage for this car other than the claimed 19 kmpl
Old 16th August 2013, 21:36   #139
BHPian

How is the interior space as compared to the older Micra?
Old 16th August 2013, 22:59   #140
BHPian

Didn't really notice it , except some changes in the center console being replaced with a 2 din stereo and silver plastic on the door panels. Interior space I think is the same.
Old 20th August 2013, 00:08   #141
Senior - BHPian

OD recently compared the two new entrants Brio and Micra. Actual FE numbers not revealed except that Micra is better than Brio.

http://m.overdrive.in/reviews/2013-m...honda-brio-at/
Old 20th August 2013, 09:26   #142
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
OD recently compared the two new entrants Brio and Micra. Actual FE numbers not revealed except that Micra is better than Brio.

http://m.overdrive.in/reviews/2013-m...honda-brio-at/
Even ACI has done a comparison.
http://www.autocarindia.com/Feature/...brio-at.aspx/0

"0-100kph in the Brio takes 15.09 seconds to the Micra’s 17.88 seconds"

"Micra feels much better suited to urban conditions because its three-cylinder engine and CVT gearbox combination gel really well together. Power delivery is immediate, so you can zip in and out of traffic with less effort, and the CVT gearbox helps deliver fuel economy figures that are as good as that of a manual-gearbox-equipped car. And that makes all the difference."
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 09:50   #143
BHPian

visited the showroom but the CVT wasnt available for TD and will be ready by weekend.
got the price-list:
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-micra-pricelist.png  

ariendj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2013, 11:45   #144
Senior - BHPian

Since we are on the Micra vs Brio comparison, I would like to know how true is this video from Nissan on CVT vs AT.

Old 20th August 2013, 12:21   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Since we are on the Micra vs Brio comparison, I would like to know how true is this video from Nissan on CVT vs AT.

http://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=UAZepmZ_1xk
Its theoretically true, like every manufacture tries to prove that their technology is better.
In real world conditions, CVT provides a smoother drive and good FE if driven sensibly.
Old 20th August 2013, 16:22   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I dont think this is true. While the engine revs drop every time the AT shifts up, there will be no sudden/jerky change to the speed of the vehicle as the momentum keeps it going.
Old 20th August 2013, 18:12   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post

"0-100kph in the Brio takes 15.09 seconds to the Micra’s 17.88 seconds"
Interesting. IIRC, OD's report mentioned that Micra was faster accelerating although Brio provided a more sporty & natural feel in both acceleration and handling.

Last edited by Mpower : 20th August 2013 at 18:15.
Old 21st August 2013, 14:59   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Interesting. IIRC, OD's report mentioned that Micra was faster accelerating although Brio provided a more sporty & natural feel in both acceleration and handling.
What they also say is that they could not launch the Micra CVT as good as the Brio AT and this initial disadvantage must have tilted in Brio's favor. In real life Micra CVT feels faster is what they think.
Old 21st August 2013, 23:22   #149
BHPian

Have booked a CVT for my wife. Dealer (Shahwar Nissan is the only one in Bangalore I guess) service was good or should I say - has been good so far. We contemplated between the Micra, Brio, A Star & i10 - all the small automatics in the market.

He has promised delivery by Sept 8 as that is wifey's bday and I told him it will be a good bday present. He has said he will try his best - but maybe delayed by a week at most. Fingers crossed now

Do you guys recommend talking to the company with the booking reference number? Will that help in any way in getting a correct idea of the delivery date?
Old 22nd August 2013, 20:52   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post
Have booked a CVT for my wife. Dealer (Shahwar Nissan is the only one in Bangalore I guess) service was good or should I say - has been good so far. We contemplated between the Micra, Brio, A Star & i10 - all the small automatics in the market.

He has promised delivery by Sept 8 as that is wifey's bday and I told him it will be a good bday present. He has said he will try his best - but maybe delayed by a week at most. Fingers crossed now

Do you guys recommend talking to the company with the booking reference number? Will that help in any way in getting a correct idea of the delivery date?
After doing extensive research on small automatic cars I figured that Micra CVT is my best bet. I booked the car thru Shahwar Nissan. Delivery date is not fixed yet. Supposedly this car is overbooked.

I would like to get in touch with people who have booked this car and people who have purchased this car already. Basically I am looking forward to gaining information on pricing of accessories, insurance, tire upgrade, dealership experience, things to watch out for.

The idea is to get the home work done and share that information here in team-bhp. This will help future prospective buyers of Micra CVT.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks