Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2013, 21:14   #151
BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizanfan View Post
... I would like to get in touch with people who have booked this car and people who have purchased this car already. Basically I am looking forward to gaining information on pricing of accessories, insurance, tire upgrade, dealership experience, things to watch out for...
Well you are in the right forum buddy ... if there is a comprehensive knowledge base of cars & car buffs in India then this is it

Post your queries, share the information you have and someone with the answers will surely reply.
Old 22nd August 2013, 22:03   #152
BHPian

When I get my Micra CVT I would like to do the following:
- upgrade tires from Maxxis to a preferably wider, but definitely better ride-offering tires
- install reverse parking sensor
- end-to-end vinyl flooring
- vent visors
- floor mats
- splash guards
- get the full bumper-to-bumper insurance (I reckon it's better to get it from outside than the dealer)

Tire upgrade:
Stock tires are of size: 175/60R15
I would like to know the preferred upgrade with respect to brand, model and size. How much should I expect the exchange rate for the Maxxis tires?

I look forward to guidance and suggestions from fellow members on the above upgrades and insurance.

Thanks.
Old 24th August 2013, 09:19   #153
BHPian

Quote:
upgrade tires ...
- install reverse parking sensor
- get the full bumper-to-bumper insurance (I reckon it's better to get it from outside than the dealer) ...
There are a lot of tyre upgrade threads on the forum. Do search through for tips. Here are a couple to start with:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-your-car.html

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...d-first-4.html

The dealer has a reverse parking sensor as an optional accessory. Speak to them about having it fixed when you get the car.

Bumper to bumper insurance is a good idea. I have got an agreement with the dealer that they will try to match the insurance quote I get from outside. See if that works for you.

As for the type of mats, visors etc. - I think it should be according to your personal taste.

Last edited by vroom666 : 24th August 2013 at 09:26.
vroom666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2013, 12:05   #154
BHPian

Quote:
After doing extensive research on small automatic cars I figured that Micra CVT is my best bet. I booked the car thru Shahwar Nissan. Delivery date is not fixed yet. Supposedly this car is overbooked.

I would like to get in touch with people who have booked this car and people who have purchased this car already. Basically I am looking forward to gaining information on pricing of accessories, insurance, tire upgrade, dealership experience, things to watch out for.

The idea is to get the home work done and share that information here in team-bhp. This will help future prospective buyers of Micra CVT.
I booked a cvt for my wife at dehradun on 1st aug.
Was promised a delivery in 12-21 days.

On 18th day i enquired and was told that it is not possible to get the delivery since the company has not responded anything so far regarding the booking.
I started calling each and every nissan dealer across the country and was confirmed by a Delhi dealer that the red cvt is arriving next day at his place.
Finally took a bus along with my wife from Dehradun to Delhi, 250km since she insisted to be there at the time of delivery.
Had a hell of a time at the seller. Better not recall it.
Drove back myself.

Lovely small CVT. Except for the wiper lever which used to switch on its own at almost every speed breaker rest was fine.
Accessories almost double the market price. Too many confusing price lists of different flavour, all claiming original MRP.
Side mirrors blinkers priced at 7k

No fog lights or reverse camera available or even promised in near future.
The extreme range of pricing of the car needs extremely different customer treatment. Maybe nissan realises this and trains the dealers accordingly.

Will update after the preventive check promised free at 1200-1500 km.
Mileage 12 on highway and 11 on city with climatisor at 22c auto. So far.

Last edited by Mpower : 27th August 2013 at 22:01. Reason: readability
whymeonly is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2013, 15:30   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whymeonly View Post
I booked a cvt for my wife at dehradun on 1st aug.
Was promised a delivery in 12-21 days.
On 18th day i enquired and was told that it is not possible to get the delivery since the company has not responded anything so far regarding the booking.
I started calling each and every nissan dealer across the country and was confirmed by a Delhi dealer that the red cvt is arriving next day at his place.
Finally took a bus along with my wife from Dehradun to Delhi, 250km since she insisted to be there at the time of delivery.
Had a hell of a time at the seller. Better not recall it.
Drove back myself.
Lovely small CVT. Except for the wiper lever which used to switch on its own at almost every speed breaker rest was fine.
Accessories almost double the market price. Too many confusing price lists of different flavour, all claiming original MRP.
Side mirrors blinkers priced at 7k.
No fog lights or reverse camera available or even promised in near future.
The extreme range of pricing of the car needs extremely different customer treatment. Maybe nissan realises this and trains the dealers accordingly.
Will update after the preventive check promised free at 1200-1500 km.
Why is it that Nissan dealers quote optimistic delivery dates to their prospective customers?
Is this a common practice with most dealers in India? OR is this a case with Nissan dealers only?

Request experienced folks in this forum to provide some tips on how I could avoid a situation where the dealer promises me a delivery date and backs off.

And what is the reason for charging 50K as the booking amount for the Micra? When I called a dealer in Chennai, he quoted 25K booking amount. That tells me that the booking money is sitting in the dealer's bank account. I think the dealers must be making more money by rotating lots of booking money.
Old 24th August 2013, 19:13   #156
BHPian

It is not the Nissan dealers alone.
The company is changing colors slowly as they seem too busy in launchings of new car models and dealers rather than delivery.
Advance goes off straight to the dealer. The company may or may not even recognise the same.
When I contacted the nissan call center on finding my booking going kaput, they asked me if i wanted to lodge a complaint against the dealer, but had no idea of any booking deal at all.
It seems they have no system in place for this yet. Maybe the company itself is over promising the dealers or they are over anxious of bookings rather than delivery.
Ask the dealer to put a penalty clause in case of delayed delivery like they put a refund deduction clause to the customer.
I was too late to realise this.
Old 25th August 2013, 17:05   #157
BHPian

Quote:

Can you update on the fuel efficiency please 11 is quite far from the 19 suggested by the sales guy.worse its closer to the FE of the polo GT.

During test drive car didn't exactly seem to even accelerate on the upward slope of a flyover.

Dealer also claims compulsory accessories worth five thousand for mats and mud flaps.
Old 25th August 2013, 17:59   #158
BHPian

I know couple people who own the Nissan Micra CVT. They report mileage of 13 in city with A/c ON and 17 on highway.

This is quite different than what whymeonly is reporting. We need to get this clarified. One of the main reasons for considering the Micra especially for city driving is the good mileage that it is supposed to offer. If that's only on paper than I guess prospective buyers (including me) would have to re-think their choice.
kaizanfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 18:09   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post

Can you update on the fuel efficiency please 11 is quite far from the 19 suggested by the sales guy.worse its closer to the FE of the polo GT.

During test drive car didn't exactly seem to even accelerate on the upward slope of a flyover.

Dealer also claims compulsory accessories worth five thousand for mats and mud flaps.
In the city I have reached 11.5 as average on the trip meter.
Faced no issues on slopes so far. Intend driving dehradun to mussorrie. Will comment authoritatively once back.
The mud flaps and mats are needed but should not be forced upon. IMHO.
whymeonly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 18:21   #160
BHPian

Quote:

Intend driving dehradun to mussorrie. Will comment authoritatively once
Do post once your back from the trip FE also do drop a comment on the sports button and load mode on the gearshift on actual usage conditions .
Old 25th August 2013, 22:04   #161
BHPian

Quote:
.. comment authoritatively once back.
Yeah. Do give us a short review. Will help us all who have booked the CVT. I don't think there is any CVT user experience listed on the forum as of now other than the official review.
Old 27th August 2013, 21:39   #162
BHPian

I drove from Dehradun to Mussorie and back. There are steep climbs. I have been doing this earlier on my all powerful Mitsubishi Cedia 2lt petrol.
The gear system makes it ultra smooth. You need not think twice before attempting a climb. The steepest climbs never required L mode. My wife was driving like a pro on those steeps. Once when we stopped on a climb and restarted again she fumbled and switched to the L mode. I am not sure if it was required or just a precautionary hunch.
Feels reasonably powerful on climbs.
The P mode is not able to hold back without handbrakes on slopes. No regrets.
I bumped down twice while on those very crude and thin speed breakers. Will like to confirm on the suspension.
The FE dropped to 11.1 when going up and could improve to 11.3 after I climbed down.
I am not sure of the reason behind this terrible low average.
BTW the service station has asked me to drive in for some inspection after 1200-1500 kms. Hope to raise this issue then.
whymeonly is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 21:53   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The gear system makes it ultra smooth. You need not think twice before attempting a climb.
I agree. I don't know what is at work but AT cars beat MT variants of same cars easily on climbs. I have seen my tiny A-star AT shoot up inclines leaving small MT cars behind by a long shot.
Old 27th August 2013, 22:09   #164
BHPian

Quote:
The P mode is not able to hold back without handbrakes on slopes.
You mean the car can roll backwards on a slope if you leave it on P more without a handbrake ? Or have I misunderstood.
Old 27th August 2013, 22:17   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I agree. I don't know what is at work but AT cars beat MT variants of same cars easily on climbs. I have seen my tiny A-star AT shoot up inclines leaving small MT cars behind by a long shot.
+100
I had underestimated my Santro AT's capability until our trip to Ooty. We took the short cut to Ooty climbing up thru 30+ hain pin bend turns. The car had 5 people with lots of luggage and hardly an inch of space left. I was ahead of my friend's Dzire thru out the trip. I did turn off the A/c because it was very pleasant weather going up those hills.

Autos are winners at least in my experience (compared to similar size manual cars).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks