Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2013, 22:40   #166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whymeonly View Post
The P mode is not able to hold back without handbrakes on slopes. No regrets.
Use handbrake all the time when parked. You don't want to put all the stress of holding the car on one little part of the gearbox. Gearboxes are very expensive.

While on an incline, first apply the hand brake tight and then put the car in park. When you want to drive out first move the stick to D and then release the hand brake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whymeonly View Post
The FE dropped to 11.1 when going up and could improve to 11.3 after I climbed down.
I am not sure of the reason behind this terrible low average.
Forgot to ask you couple questions:
Are you sure you were not driving the car in sports mode on those beautiful hills? Sports mode would definitely have an impact on the mileage.

How was the breaking and cornering driving down the hills? Please provide a detailed driving experience report. I am still holding my booking of Micra CVT with no clue of delivery date.

Thanks!

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th August 2013 at 00:45.
kaizanfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 23:52   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post

You mean the car can roll backwards on a slope if you leave it on P more without a handbrake ? Or have I misunderstood.
Yes. Exactly so. Much against the sales talk of the showroom consultants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizanfan View Post

Forgot to ask you couple questions:
Are you sure you were not driving the car in sports mode on those beautiful hills? Sports mode would definitely have an impact on the mileage.

How was the breaking and cornering driving down the hills? Please provide a detailed driving experience report. I am still holding my booking of Micra CVT with no clue of delivery date.

Thanks!
No sports mode.
I tried the sport mode only twice while overtaking some other vehicle in my drive from Delhi.
Actually never needed it, was just testing it.

Very good breaking and cornering.
Perfect. I just wish I was in gulf, though.

Last edited by Technocrat : 28th August 2013 at 00:45.
whymeonly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2013, 10:20   #168
BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Looks neat and tidy and cute. Facts and facets well laid out. Good job DerAlte.
Old 28th August 2013, 12:27   #169
VMG
BHPian

Is there any GC (154) issues in CVT with full load?
Old 4th September 2013, 12:36   #170
Senior - BHPian

Nissan India adds entry level XE variant to Micra Diesel Facelift

Link to News Section

Japanese car maker Nissan has launched a new, entry level diesel variant of the facelifted Micra in the Indian car market. Dubbed the Micra Diesel XE, the new variant is priced at 5.57 lakh rupees, ex-showroom Delhi. This variant is priced about 43,000 rupees lower than the next cheapest diesel Micra model, which sells at an ex-showroom Delhi price of 6 lakh rupees. With the new variant, Nissan India will be hoping to attract buyers into showrooms, who might have previously been turned off by the Micra Facelift's pricing.

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-2013-nissan-micra-facelift-1.jpg

Note: The images used in this report are that of the Micra Diesel XV Premium variant.

Compared with the Micra Diesel XL, here are the various changes that the XE variant of the Micra Diesel sees,
  • Non-body coloured wing mirrors
  • Non-body coloured bumpers
  • Non-body coloured door handles
  • Driver airbag, multi-information display and tilt steering are the retained features.
  • Door sash tape deleted
  • Rear LED combi lamp deleted
  • No chrome finish for radiator and lower front grille
  • No wheel covers for the steel wheels
  • Power windows and rear parcel shelf omitted
  • Follow-me-home headlamps and keyless entry omitted
  • Front speakers omitted
  • Grip assist and NVH package omitted
  • Central locking and speed sensing auto-lock omitted
  • Other deletions include chrome finish for parking brake, inner door handles and speedometer, cup and bottle holders and digital clock

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-2013-nissan-micra-facelift-2.jpg

With the addition of the XE variant, the Micra is available in 8 variants. The hatchback is sold with a 1.2 liter petrol engine, that outputs 77 PS-104 Nm. This engine is available with a 5 speed manual gearbox and a CVT automatic gearbox. The diesel engine is a 1.5 liter turbo charged unit that outputs 64 PS-160 Nm. The diesel engine comes with a 5 speed manual gearbox as standard. Top end variants of the Micra get ABS+EBD and twin airbags.

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-2013-nissan-micra-facelift-3.jpg

The pre-facelift Micra has been re-positioned by Nissan and this car sits lower down the price chain, as an entry level model. The pre-facelift model, dubbed the Micra Active, is available only with a petrol engine. The 1.2 liter petrol engine it comes with is de-tuned in the interest of higher fuel efficiency. The triple cylinder petrol engine outputs 68 PS-104 Nm and comes with an ARAI certified mileage figure of 19.49 Kmpl. The Micra Active starts at 3.5 lakh rupees, ex-showroom Delhi, and is available in 4 variants.

Last edited by JayPrashanth : 4th September 2013 at 12:42. Reason: News Link Added
JayPrashanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2013, 21:52   #171
Senior - BHPian

The guys at Nissan are one confused lot ! They have so many models and variants that it gives me a headache. Pre Facelift Model, Facelift Model, and the Pulse. I am yet to see a facelifted Micra on Delhi Roads and that is a shocker considering this is an affordable hatch and not the A class.
Old 5th September 2013, 09:43   #172
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan India adds entry level XE variant to Micra Diesel Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPrashanth View Post
Link to News Section

Japanese car maker Nissan has launched a new, entry level diesel variant of the facelifted Micra in the Indian car market. Dubbed the Micra Diesel XE, the new variant is priced at 5.57 lakh rupees, ex-showroom Delhi. This variant is priced about 43,000 rupees lower than the next cheapest diesel Micra model, which sells at an ex-showroom Delhi price of 6 lakh rupees. With the new variant, Nissan India will be hoping to attract buyers into showrooms, who might have previously been turned off by the Micra Facelift's pricing.

Compared with the Micra Diesel XL, here are the various changes that the XE variant of the Micra Diesel sees,
  • Non-body coloured wing mirrors
  • Non-body coloured bumpers
  • Non-body coloured door handles
  • Driver airbag, multi-information display and tilt steering are the retained features.
  • Door sash tape deleted
  • Rear LED combi lamp deleted
  • No chrome finish for radiator and lower front grille
  • No wheel covers for the steel wheels
  • Power windows and rear parcel shelf omitted
  • Follow-me-home headlamps and keyless entry omitted
  • Front speakers omitted
  • Grip assist and NVH package omitted
  • Central locking and speed sensing auto-lock omitted
  • Other deletions include chrome finish for parking brake, inner door handles and speedometer, cup and bottle holders and digital clock.
Thanks for the report, JayPrashanth! Just as I had hoped for, the facelifted Nissan Micra XE diesel is the least expensive car on sale in India that's powered by the Renault K9K diesel engine.

I think there are some errors on the official Nissan Micra site's features page as far as the XE diesel variant is concerned. Here's why:

# Nissan has never sold any car in India without body-coloured bumpers, period. The pre-facelift Nissan Micra XE petrol did not come with black bumpers, not even the cut-price Nissan Micra Active XE comes with black bumpers at Rs. 3.5 lacs.

There is no way the facelifted XE diesel at Rs. 5.5 lacs is going to come with black bumpers.

# The main reason Nissan did not launch the Micra Active in diesel guise is because the Active gets rid of the substantial NVH reduction package (I'm not sure, but this should include rubber engine mounts in place of hydraulic mounts, no/less NVH insulation in the hood/firewall etc.) A diesel engined Active would have had unacceptable NVH levels because of this. Even the 1.2 lit. 3-cyl. petrol engine's rev limit has been reduced by 1000rpm (from 6k rpm to 5k rpm) which has reduced the power by 8PS (from 76PS to 68PS) on the Active. This must have been done to bring NVH levels within tolerable limits on the Active.

When this is the case for the petrol engine, how can they launch a diesel car without the NVH package?

# LED tail lamps are a defining feature on the facelift and I don't see why Nissan should omit them on the XE diesel.

# Follow me home headlamps are a feature found even on the cut-price Micra Active's lowest XE trim level. Why should they omit it on the facelifted XE diesel?

# I think the grip assists too would be present, as would the cup and bottle holders and the digital clock.

Nissan have to clarify this and ensure that any errors are corrected on their official features page as soon as possible.

Last edited by RSR : 5th September 2013 at 09:49.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2013, 10:02   #173
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan India adds entry level XE variant to Micra Diesel Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Thanks for the report, JayPrashanth! Just as I had hoped for, the facelifted Nissan Micra XE diesel is the least expensive car on sale in India that's powered by the Renault K9K diesel engine.

I think there are some errors on the official Nissan Micra site's features page as far as the XE diesel variant is concerned. Here's why:

# Nissan has never sold any car in India without body-coloured bumpers, period. The pre-facelift Nissan Micra XE petrol did not come with black bumpers, not even the cut-price Nissan Micra Active XE comes with black bumpers at Rs. 3.5 lacs.

There is no way the facelifted XE diesel at Rs. 5.5 lacs is going to come with black bumpers.

Nissan have to clarify this and ensure that any errors are corrected on their official features page as soon as possible.
The official presser that Nissan India sent did mention that the car would be available with body coloured bumpers. However, the website paints a different picture. We've chosen to go with the website for now as the presser gives very few details. Hope this clarifies.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 22:05   #174
BHPian

Hey guys - we got the delivery of our CVT on time as promised by the sales advisor Will put up a initial review up soon.
vroom666 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2013, 22:45   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vroom666 View Post
Hey guys - we got the delivery of our CVT on time as promised by the sales advisor Will put up a initial review up soon.
Looking forward to a review , do put up one soon.
Old 15th September 2013, 11:13   #176
BHPian

I canceled my booking of Micra CVT.
Reason:
Very bad experience dealing with the staff and management of Nissan dealership and HAI staff. I simply fail to understand them, what they are up to? I don't know how to describe them - too many words come to mind - incompetent, careless, cunning, lazy, lethargic, idiots, liars, etc., This is one of those companies where escalating the issue is like banging your head against a concrete wall - only your head will break - it will make you feel worthless, helpless.

Basically I was repeatedly told that I would get my car end of the month, next week, will let you know tomorrow, definitely by xx date Sir, Will call back Sir. Blah blah. Waited, waited and then decided to cancel my booking. Getting the booking amount (a whopping 50K compared to other brands and dealerships) was not that easy either.

On the net I read numerous sad stories of customers who had faced issues getting their cars serviced. If they can't sell cars, how can they sell spare parts of cars.

I think it is imperative that government comes out with some policies to police such companies to safe guard Indian customers. Exporting 70% of the cars outside India doesn't mean you can take the Indian customers for a ride.

I've nothing against Nissan car. It's the people behind the business. If you've bought a Nissan car and if you're happy with it, just keep your fingers crossed. I sincerely, from the bottom of my heart wish you all the best and hope you don't have to deal with any servicing issues.
kaizanfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2013, 12:02   #177
Senior - BHPian

Good you put this up. My brother is going for Micra Active. There is one dealership opposite Museum I believe.
I will ask him to consider Maruti now.

Quote:
Very bad experience dealing with the staff and management of Nissan dealership and HAI staff. I simply fail to understand them, what they are up to? I don't know how to describe them - too many words come to mind - incompetent, careless, cunning, lazy, lethargic, idiots, liars, etc., This is one of those companies where escalating the issue is like banging your head against a concrete wall - only your head will break - it will make you feel worthless, helpless.

Basically I was repeatedly told that I would get my car end of the month, next week, will let you know tomorrow, definitely by xx date Sir, Will call back Sir. Blah blah. Waited, waited and then decided to cancel my booking. Getting the booking amount (a whopping 50K compared to other brands and dealerships) was not that easy either.

On the net I read numerous sad stories of customers who had faced issues getting their cars serviced. If they can't sell cars, how can they sell spare parts of cars.

I think it is imperative that government comes out with some policies to police such companies to safe guard Indian customers. Exporting 70% of the cars outside India doesn't mean you can take the Indian customers for a ride.

I've nothing against Nissan car. It's the people behind the business. If you've bought a Nissan car and if you're happy with it, just keep your fingers crossed. I sincerely, from the bottom of my heart wish you all the best and hope you don't have to deal with any servicing issues.
[/quote]

Last edited by Mpower : 16th September 2013 at 17:48.
Old 15th September 2013, 16:11   #178
BHPian

i am/was in the same boat.

i had planned to get the CVT in order to replace the current hatch.
had called the nearest nissan dealer more than a month back.
till date they haven't bought or contacted me further regarding the test drive.

all i get is a call a week from the front desk lady asking my feedback on the purchase.
seems none of them are coordinated in sales dept.(front desk,customer service,sales executives)

as of now,im postponing my purchase indefinitely and have actually got new found respect for my current hatchback.

i too doubt the level of servicing and customer care Nissan provides.
Old 15th September 2013, 17:44   #179
BHPian

At least at Chennai. The jubilant Nissan showroom was nice the staff followed up with multiple calls and test drives. Didn't pay the booking amount but. I wouldn't complaint about the sales experience at all.
Old 15th September 2013, 22:44   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abishek2222 View Post
... The jubilant Nissan showroom was nice the staff followed up with multiple calls and test drives...
I second that Abishek. The sales advisor I interacted with was extremely efficient and kept me updated throughout and even got the car delivered in time for us as promised within the date agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizanfan View Post
... Very bad experience dealing with the staff and management of Nissan dealership and HAI staff...
Kaizanfan - who did you speak to? The SA I dealt with, Madhu, was really good and helpful. He is from the dealership branch at Kasturba road. I do agree that I gave him a couple of calls in between but he too did his part properly. So I am surprised that your experience was so bad.
vroom666 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks