Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2014, 16:35   #196
BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

I am planning to buy the cvt for my wife. We did the TD at Ritu Nissan thane. The dealership experience was excellent. Very pleasantly surprised. Liked the TD as well. The only disappointment, OTR is 8 lacs way too expensive. Anybody has any reviews about realistic price expectations.
an_and is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 01:46   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
I am planning to buy the cvt for my wife. We did the TD at Ritu Nissan thane. The dealership experience was excellent. Very pleasantly surprised. Liked the TD as well. The only disappointment, OTR is 8 lacs way too expensive. Anybody has any reviews about realistic price expectations.
Since the CVT is not doing great numbers on the sales charts, you should be able to get the dealer to give you some discounts. Push for waiver of handling charges, see if they can offer you a corp discount of some sort. You should be able to save around 15k on the Insurance upfront, dealer quote for 0 dep insurance in our case was 30k, got a quote for a similar package with same IDV value from L&T for 17.5k! Push for accessories as freebies, am sure they'd oblige!

Comparing the price difference over the BRIO AT VX, i feel the premium of around 40k is justified for you get a couple additional features like Push Button start/stop, Auto AC, electrically foldable mirrors, rear windshield wiper with defogger and bluetooth audio. Also, i feel the overall build quality of the Micra is a lot better compared to the Brio.
raamki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 07:48   #198
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Just to add, have you also looked at Grand i10 AT? I hope all those thought processes have settled to a conclusion.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 09:06   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Since the CVT is not doing great numbers on the sales charts, you should be able to get the dealer to give you some discounts. Push for waiver of handling charges, see if they can offer you a corp discount of some sort. You should be able to save around 15k on the Insurance upfront, dealer quote for 0 dep insurance in our case was 30k, got a quote for a similar package with same IDV value from L&T for 17.5k! Push for accessories as freebies, am sure they'd oblige!

Comparing the price difference over the BRIO AT VX, i feel the premium of around 40k is justified for you get a couple additional features like Push Button start/stop, Auto AC, electrically foldable mirrors, rear windshield wiper with defogger and bluetooth audio. Also, i feel the overall build quality of the Micra is a lot better compared to the Brio.
You are right about the features, but apart from the rear windshield wiper, i dont really feel any of the other features justify that kind of a price difference. Honda is already known to be snobbish with their pricing - giving less features at a premium, and nissan being way too higher than the honda is something that I am not able to digest.

What are your thoughts on the after sales, and the resale value of both of these cars? The car that I will eventually buy will hardlly be used for 10 kms a day, and would have done close to 6000-10000 kms five years from now. What would be a better car to go for if I consider this aspect also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Just to add, have you also looked at Grand i10 AT? I hope all those thought processes have settled to a conclusion.
I havent yet looked at the Grand I10 because of the review that its a quite unsafe car, but maybe I will give it a look on the weekend. Now that the excise duty cut has been extended till december, I need not complete this deal in a hurry.

Again, I feel that Hyundai does not stand up to the competition on account of its dated gear box - but will definitely take a look.
Old 26th June 2014, 09:24   #200
BHPian

Quote:
Again, I feel that Hyundai does not stand up to the competition on account of its dated gear box - but will definitely take a look.
As far as auto gearboxes go, Nissan CVT is better than Grand i10 AT which is better than Maruti Celerio AMT.

But yes, for such a low running as yours, probably the cheapest AT is best to keep investment low even if it means compromising on features.

But if you are looking for good safety too that demands investment & Nissan is the best of the options.
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 22:29   #201
BHPian

What is the reason we don't see much Micras on road and even less the CVT version ?
Is it due to people's perception of paying close to 8 Lakh for a hatchback ? Or it is the Nissan ownership costs which is of concern ?
Old 14th July 2014, 18:46   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
What is the reason we don't see much Micras on road and even less the CVT version ?
Is it due to people's perception of paying close to 8 Lakh for a hatchback ? Or it is the Nissan ownership costs which is of concern ?
When we were looking for a hatchback, considered the Micra CVT. We preferred an auto since I'm so used to it and also that the car would be used mostly in the city.

We were dissuaded by many who said the maintenance costs are more and the car was expensive for what it offered.

The Polo seemed to be built a lot better for similar money, many owners recommended it and was much better to drive. It feels much more solid than the Micra.

We wanted to buy the Polo TSI but it was quite expensive and we settled for the HL. The experience has been good and the only negative is the noisy engine and having to shift gears.

All said, the Micra will certainly pick up sales if it were a bit cheaper.
Old 9th August 2014, 19:52   #203
BHPian

Last month, my sis in Erode wanted to test drive Micra CVT, Grand i10 AT.

Rajeshwari Nissan
We test Drove Nissan Sunny CVT as that was the only CVT model available at Rajeshwari Nissan's showroom. The test drive went well. The car was promptly arranged, and my sis was able to drive it effortlessly. My sis who till that time drove only an Alto, was not apprehensive of TDing a long car (Sunny). But after a few mins sitting behind the wheel, she was able to drive the Sunny effortlessly. CVT is good. So we added Micra to the list.

ARAS PVPV HYUNDAI
No Grand i10 AT for test drive. SA got a puzzled look when I asked for Grand i10 AT. "Sir only Manual is available. It is surprising that you are asking for an Automatic. Nobody in Erode prefers to buy Automatic. So we do not have any sort of Automatic TD cars. I am sorry sir." But they offered me to drive a Manual Grand i10. I TD'ed it. Interiors are surely premimum, and a class above. Gear Shift is good. But I disliked two things. One - Over-servoed Power steering. Two - Within 5 mins I got lower back pain. The seat is not contoured enough. I adjusted the seat, but could not find a proper posture. Anyhow, apart from these two, Grand i10 AT ticks all other boxes. Grand i10 AT is our Plan-B for now.

HAI and Nissan Problem
Asked the Nissan SA about the issue, and he confirmed that things are moving quite fine between the dealers and Nissan now. HAI is out of scene. He also said that it will take two more months for Nissan to complete 100% control of distributions.

Question to Nissan Car Owners
How good is the after-sales service now? Are they improving? Are they reliable? Or is it still worse?

Last edited by rajeshsundaram : 9th August 2014 at 19:54.
rajeshsundaram is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 16:59   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
The Nissan Micra CVT has been launched in India at a price of Rs. 6.39 lakhs (ex-Delhi).

What you'll like:

• Styling is more neutral now. Feminine face left behind
• CVT is smooth, seamless and effortless to drive in the city
• Quality, well-designed interiors
• Driver airbag standard across the range. Top variant gets 4 airbags
• Gizmos : Keyless entry & go, engine start / stop button, electric folding mirrors, LED tail-lamps etc.

What you won't:

• Lazy highway performer due to the slow CVT. Prominent rubber-band effect
• Ordinary 3-cylinder petrol engine. Dull to drive
• Mediocre under-thigh support from the rear seat
• Nissan's sub-par dealership experiences
• Priced higher than the Automatic Hyundai i10, Maruti Ritz & Honda Brio

My family got a Micra CVT yesterday. When I drove the car, I found the steering not self centering automatically, one have to manually move it the center position. I know it is something to do with the steering geometry, caster angle or something.

Did you notice something like that while test driving? Is it a problem with our car or all Micra have this issue? Micra owners, please help.
Old 15th August 2014, 18:49   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post
My family got a Micra CVT yesterday. When I drove the car, I found the steering not self centering automatically, one have to manually move it the center position. I know it is something to do with the steering geometry, caster angle or something.

Did you notice something like that while test driving? Is it a problem with our car or all Micra have this issue? Micra owners, please help.
I felt curious after reading your query and checked it out today in my Micra CVT. It does self center as much as other cars do. Initially when I tried this in a very short distance, I thought it is missing but moved further and it responded.

While testing I noticed 1 thing though. This self centering is almost absent while backing up. I said 'almost' because steering wheel did move slightly as if centering, but compared to the response during ahead movement, it's negligible.
ajaypjayaraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2014, 21:17   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
I felt curious after reading your query and checked it out today in my Micra CVT. It does self center as much as other cars do. Initially when I tried this in a very short distance, I thought it is missing but moved further and it responded.

While testing I noticed 1 thing though. This self centering is almost absent while backing up. I said 'almost' because steering wheel did move slightly as if centering, but compared to the response during ahead movement, it's negligible.
Thank you.

Will check tomorrow, by taking a longer drive, if it persist. I will take it to service center.
Old 24th August 2014, 14:11   #207
BHPian

I had gone for a TD of Micra CVT and we really liked the car. The difference between brio AT price and Micra CVT is very less as Nissan dealer offered discounts. We are strongly considering the Micra CVT.
Has anyone here dealt with Torrent Nissan in Andheri, Mumbai ? Also how is ASS of Nissan in Mumbai ?
If this is sorted we can strongly consider buying Micra CVT.
raksrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th August 2014, 19:43   #208
sud
BHPian

Today booked Nissan Micra XV CVT with Surya Nissan Bangalore. Considered the following options:
1. Honda Brio -
Took it off the list because of boot space, seems too pricy for feature list, crazy waiting period of 3 months.

2. Grand i10 -
Took it off the list because already own an i10 in the family, bumpy ride.

3. i20 (old generation) automatic -
Advaith said they have one vehicle in the stock. But they didn't have any to test drive or look at. So took it off the list. Not very comfortable buying without TD.

4. Micra XV CVT -
Liked the CVT transmission, ride quality and boot space is also decent. So went ahead for it.

So far booking process with Surya Nissan has been smooth. Hope it stays the way till the end. Will write a detailed review once I take the delivery.
sud is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2014, 14:30   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecenandu View Post

The tyre pressure must be lower than the recommended one for starters for this to happen. I've driven a Micra CVT extensively, the self centering is as good as any other cars.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2014, 09:30   #210
BHPian

Getting delivery of Micra CVT today. We are purchasing it for my dad. Our criteria was high seating position, ease of getting in and out, good features list and usable back seats. Micra ticked all boxes. So here it comes......
rutvij is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks