Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2016, 19:17   #256

Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Hi,
I have one question. I almost finalized Nissan CVT, but facing one issue. Due to parking scenario in my society, I may have to leave my car without handbrake+N, so that other may push it forward/backward. But I found that if car is put in "N" mode, it can not be locked.So for my case, I have to leave it unlocked. Sales person told that it is feature of CVT and even Honda City CVT has same behavior. It is proving a deal breaker for me. Do we have some solution for this?

Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 22:35   #257
Senior - BHPian

Does the Micra CVT have what they call a "creep" mode similar to the one in the AMT models that Maruti and others offer where the car begins to move forward in the Drive mode without Accelerator input.
Old 8th May 2017, 12:01   #258
BHPian

Was looking to replace my wifes aging Santro that had clocked over 1.3L km’s and its age was starting to show.

Wife needed a small hatch that was easy to park, and preference was for an automatic.
Tried out the following

Renault Kwid auto AMT - was not impressed with the jerky auto transmission since it was an AMT , plus the interiors too were very bare and the lack of any secuirty features was another put down.

Tried the Hyundai Eon - Manual, since no auto variant is avaiable. Car was ok but due to the lack of an automatic was not totally convinced. You had to downshift to 1st if the car slowed down, the 2nd gear didnt have enough juice as the Santros 2nd gear in comparison.

Next was the Maruti Ignis - auto AMT - It was defintely much better than the Kwid. Plus had ABS + driver Airbags. It was ok, but not toally convinced. Again you can feel the mild jerk during the AMT auto shifts.

Finally setttled on the Nissan Micra Auto CVT
The drive was very smooth, no jerk during the auto gear shifts. Clearly there was a big difference here between the AMT and CVT cars. The new black interiors give a plush look, much better than their previous generation beigh interiors. Comes with Driver Air bags, ABS, EBD , BA., music system, steering controls for the music player, power windows, hill assist. Around 7.4 on road.

Wife happy with everything it had. Did not go for the top end variant which comes with button start, dual airbags, fog lamps, rear defogger, rear wiper, climate control etc..

(Kwid, Ignis did not have hill assist i.e. the one which prevents rolling back on an incline. )

Cars considered but did not complete the Test drive
Honda Jazz Auto CVT ticked all the boxes , however it was out of budget the base variant was close to 10.7+ on road. (On the size front though she wanted a compact car, this was the one poiont that didn’t meet up)

Hyundai i10 grand Auto CVT - Seemed like a good bet however it did not have ABS. Was priced around 8.5 on road.
Fillmore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2017, 12:54   #259
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post

Does the Micra CVT have what they call a "creep" mode similar to the one in the AMT models that Maruti and others offer where the car begins to move forward in the Drive mode without Accelerator input.
Yes, it does. In fact, thanks to the Micra CVT's inbuilt torque converter, the creep is a real solid creep.

The car appears to lunge forward when you put the lever in D and take your foot off the brake pedal. The creep is so good that not only bumper-to-bumper traffic on flat roads, even the same on inclines (such as flyovers, subways, steep ramps etc.) can be effortlessly managed with just the brake pedal.

An AMT's creep is nowhere as strong and one may be forced to use the handbrake on inclines with an AMT, if it doesn't come with hill-hold assist (which many AMT-equipped cars don't have).

Last edited by RSR : 8th May 2017 at 12:57.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 15:47   #260
BHPian

Hi Micra owners, can I get a feedback on how the service experience has been in Bangalore? I am planning to buy XL-CVT, only concern I have is after sales support.
The nearest showroom/service center for me is going to be Mysore road.

Any information will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 25th August 2017, 11:30   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Hi Micra owners, can I get a feedback on how the service experience has been in Bangalore? I am planning to buy XL-CVT, only concern I have is after sales support.
The nearest showroom/service center for me is going to be Mysore road.

Any information will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Second hand information but it might be helpful: my couple friends have a Micra xv CVT. They are delighted with the car and have no problems with it or the service so far (they live in south Bangalore). They have no plans of replacing the Micra in the near term. They have lived in Britain and have owned much fancier cars there, so if they are happy with the Micra that must mean that they really like it.
Motard_Blr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th October 2017, 19:58   #262
BHPian

I took a test drive couple days back through Surya Nissan on Hosur Road in Bangalore. Had a very good experience at the dealership in terms of attitude and customer orientation. The SA (Naveen Kumar) had a new Micra out for test drive (hardly few hundred kilometres run)

As for the test drive, I felt the car to be underpowered, mostly due to the CVT's pronounced rubber band effect. I had loved the jerk-free nature of the CVT on Sunny a day before, the car would be perfect for elderlies or those who are more interested in moving from point A to point B. But for me, the novelty wore off after realising how frustrating it might get eventually to overtake vehicles without some control on power delivery. There is sports mode alright, but I didn't feel much of an effect on the car's behaviour.

Things that struck me were -
  1. The bonnet had a lot of flex, even with moderate pressure. Got me doubtful about the overall build quality of the car.
  2. Braking was horrible, despite it being a new Micra. There was not much of a bite, and it took efforts to stop the crawling Micra in traffic. It made me over-cautious through out the test drive.
  3. Worse, for some reason the brake peddle was just too heavy. Felt heavier than Jetta's diesel clutch! So much so that by the end of the TD (~20-25mins), my right leg was aching pretty bad. Felt as if I am sacrificing my right knee to save the left
The on road price quoted was 8.61L (including a super-over-priced zero-dep insurance). With free insurance and some cash discount, the SA quoted me around 8.15L - 5-50K possible discount from Nissan (computer generated after booking).

Obvious comparison was with Tiago. While the fit-and-finish was good inside cabin (felt a notch better than Tiago) and general reliability would be much better with the Japanese car, apart from may be the ACC and gimmicks like auto headlamp/wipers, the Tiago surprisingly came across as almost equally specced car at a much lesser price point. I felt a premium of 1.5L over Tiago, after all sorts of discounts, was just not worth it. Especially considering the the AMT gearbox (with Sport mode enabled) in manual tip-tronic mode would give the same kind of control over the car's power delivery, as an MT car, without the driver having to press the clutch.

So despite liking the smooth jerk-free nature of CVT initially, we concluded the car wouldn't cut it in the long run, and will just lead to frustration after having used to a responsive Palio over the years.
Old 5th October 2017, 20:45   #263
BHPian

Looking to move from my Palio Stile Multijet to an Automatic Hatchback
After all the online research concluded CVT is better than AMT,AT,DSG
Shortlisted the following:-
Suzuki Baleno
Nissan Micra
Honda Jazz
Which one is a good car to choose based on fuel economy,service & spare cost
Old 7th January 2020, 09:56   #264
BHPian

I have got hold of a 2014 XV CVT petrol recently and now its time for the service. Any recommendation on the synthetic engine oil grade & brand. Also which synthetic grade they would be using if I leave it at Nissan service center?

I still need to decide if I should get the service done at FNG or at Nissan.

KK
Old 23rd May 2020, 22:17   #265
bkc
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I still need to decide if I should get the service done at FNG or at Nissan.

KK
I had the same questions in mind.
I bought a 2015 model xv cvt few months back.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-img_20190604_174748__01.jpg  

bkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2020, 12:27   #266
BHPian

Guys,

I am in process of finalizing a 26K driven 2017 Micra CVT. When inspected the vehicle externally, i noticed a broken metal bar on the underside, below the rear bumper. I asked the owner or others about what it was but they could not answer anything!
I could have looked it up myself but there wasnt any micra nearby (isnt as popular) also would have been easier if it was not discontinued (not in showroom either)

Here is the picture, can anyone confirm what this is? Was there anything important?

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-img20200831wa0005.jpg

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-img_20200901_122144.jpg

It must have taken some impact to break this piece of metal!

Thanks in advance.
Old 17th June 2023, 11:54   #267
BHPian

I own a 2014 Micra CVT and was looking at the periodicity of CVT fluid change but not finding relevant information.

Manual talks only about the recommended oil to be used for CVT, but doesn't state the periodicity of change. I do know that any CVT car will need a fluid change at around 60k kms

Can someone guide what's the quantity of CVT oil to be used for replacement.

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-nissan-micra-fluids.png

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-nissan-micra-cvt-fluid.png

Thanks.
KK
KK_HakunaMatata is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2023, 11:41   #268
BHPian

Quoting my own post.

Anyone knows the quantity of CVT fluid to be filled in the Micra, since the manual doesn't mention quantity at all and left blank.

Thanks in advance.
KK

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK_HakunaMatata View Post
I own a 2014 Micra CVT and was looking at the periodicity of CVT fluid change but not finding relevant information.

Manual talks only about the recommended oil to be used for CVT, but doesn't state the periodicity of change. I do know that any CVT car will need a fluid change at around 60k kms

Can someone guide what's the quantity of CVT oil to be used for replacement.

Thanks.
KK

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks