Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
One below the top end.

The top end gets extra features:

1. Side curtain airbags
2. fog lamps
3. Reversing camera
4. Auto dimming IRVM
5. rear spoiler
cool thanks...Micra looks like it has a lot of equipment compared to its peers. They have go even lower so that they can price match with the Brio

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Breaking: Nissan evaluating hot [b]Micra Nismo for India

Expected to get a sporty body kit, 114bhp 1.5-litre petrol engine and Rs 8-9 lakh price tag.
They also had a hot version with 1.2 liter 3pot with Direct Injection and Supercharger. That would be an awesome alternative to the Polo GT
Old 5th July 2013, 11:11   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
No wonder. I was so damn confused when I went to their website.

http://nissanmicra.co.in/active/index.html

New one : http://nissanmicra.co.in/
Thanks. This cleared my doubts. I was confused between Active & New one. So they are giving Active in old look only, so saaaaaaaaaaaaad :(

Nissan should have given Active in new look only. May be they would have increased the price by 10 K, but it would have worth. It would have made lot of sense. With new look, they would have got so many new customers at this price. But manufacturers dont act as we think, unfortunately. Best of luck Nissan.
Old 5th July 2013, 11:38   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

I can't figure out why anyone would pick a Micra CVT over a Brio AT or the top variant i10 AT. They are faster, smoother, have better engines, quality after-sales and don't suffer from that annoying rubber-band effect on the open road.
I can't believe YOU said this. i10 and Brio? They look half a size smaller next to Micra. Also, do i10 and Brio have automatic aircon + stop-start button + auto-folding ORVMs(on exiting the car ) + rear defogger-wiper?

i10 guzzles fuel, looks tiny, bland and is old now. Brio, too, looks tiny and weird. The rear glass looks like a shop-window to display wares. And not to speak of horrible looking dash-board. Brio may have a good AT box though. But I don't think CVT is such a bad thing. Outlander, Altis and Kizashi use CVT. And I am sure not for nothing they use CVT.
pgsagar is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th July 2013, 12:16   #64
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
They also had a hot version with 1.2 liter 3pot with Direct Injection and Supercharger. That would be an awesome alternative to the Polo GT
Yes, IIRC thats same one which is going to power the upcoming Qashqai & having a power output of 113 hp & 190 nm Torque figure
Old 5th July 2013, 13:00   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Does it have any other features over the Brio that justify the 25K ?

I know it has the bluetooth key and push start..what else?

3 cylinder IMO is a negative in this price range. I have nothing against it but I expect A-star levels of pricing
Its sacrilege to even compare Nissan Micra over a Brio. Latter is a toy car in comparison & feels like one to drive too.
Old 5th July 2013, 14:34   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I was thinking that the greige theme has made way to a blackish theme for the dashboard as well as the seats. Is it just the center console that has been changed? I hate this part - two air vents are rectangular and two circular.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Is it just me who thinks the center console looks very cheesy more like an after market fitment. How can you have differently designed (or rather shaped) air ducts in the same car!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
It looks even more tacky due to the shiny finish.Also,it would have looked better had they gone with the all black interiors like the export ones which look more in sync although still cheap.
I like the update. With the reduced price, it makes a good case for itself as a second car in the family. One big eyesore though is the shiny black console. Though the shiny black center console is appealing in color, it looks odd & out of place when compared to the overall theme of the dash. And what were they thinking with the squared vents in the middle
Old 5th July 2013, 19:45   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
So they are giving Active in old look only, so saaaaaaaaaaaaad
Not exactly. The Active sports new bumpers and front grille. And an additional color too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
Its sacrilege to even compare Nissan Micra over a Brio. Latter is a toy car in comparison & feels like one to drive too.
Oh! I have heard the same comment for the Beat before I bought it. The poor low end torque proved it right.

Though I have not driven a Brio, I have to admit that according to my standards, most Japanese cars feel toyish even compared to their older versions. i10, City. But not exactly a Swift! Maybe it is more to do with sheet metal thickness. These cars sound tin-ish when going over pot holes. Even the Micra does not fully escape my judgement. The clunky gear shifter adds to the effect. But not its engine; it is a power house, be it petrol or diesel. And interior quality and space too weighs in the other direction. Exceptional interior quality I must say.
Old 6th July 2013, 14:45   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Then, Nissan goes ahead and botches up the pricing. Take a look at the price comparo on the opening page. The Micra is more expensive than ALL of its competitors, including the 4-cylinder ATs.

I can't figure out why anyone would pick a Micra CVT over a Brio AT or the top variant i10 AT. They are faster, smoother, have better engines, quality after-sales and don't suffer from that annoying rubber-band effect on the open road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I can't believe YOU said this. i10 and Brio? They look half a size smaller next to Micra. Also, do i10 and Brio have automatic aircon + stop-start button + auto-folding ORVMs(on exiting the car ) + rear defogger-wiper?

i10 guzzles fuel, looks tiny, bland and is old now. Brio, too, looks tiny and weird. The rear glass looks like a shop-window to display wares. And not to speak of horrible looking dash-board. Brio may have a good AT box though. But I don't think CVT is such a bad thing. Outlander, Altis and Kizashi use CVT. And I am sure not for nothing they use CVT.
Even I could not believe its GTO who wrote that... can someone check whether that GTO ID is lost to hijackers or is still intact

For me the one reason why I wont choose any of those cars are cuz they are Old design and small in size. Someone who is hell-bent on comfort of AT won't (IMO) compromise on the comfort of sized (i.e. Leg Room/Shoulder Room/Thigh Support etc). With the 1/2 size small hatches like Brio/i10/A star one really loses out on the comfort factor.

I would agree with PGSAGAR's view. Micra by all yardsticks is better compared with Swift/I20/Sail/Punto/Polo etc and doesn't belong to the segment of i10/Astar/Brio/Beat... Alas a lot of these competitors do not offer ATs and for AutoBox lovers Nissan Micra CVT might be the best option at the moment. As far my understanding goes, Nissan CVT is way better than normal Low Cost Japan Sourced AT-Boxs provided in Indian sub-10L segment cars.

Nissan CVTs are some of the finest in business (ask any expert) and have very small loss in FE from its MT version as opposed to Nissan's competitions which sees bigger loss in FE.

Don't mind GTO but for once I beg to differ from your assessment

Can someone clarify whether this CVT is also available on the Micra Diesel?

Last edited by anu21v : 6th July 2013 at 14:53.
anu21v is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 20:20   #69
BHPian

A very detailed & helpfull review indeed. Just wondering if there is a slight difference in the rear leg space/thig support due to the change in cushioning.
Seems to be a lot more apealing than the earlier version for sure. If the auto would have been priced competatively, would have surely been a superb alternative for the existing lot.
Old 7th July 2013, 13:21   #70
BHPian

A good thing Nissan did with the facelift is that they have given 16 valves( instead of the 8 valves on the pre facelift) to the diesel to improve the F.E. This point has went unnoticed and has to be given the attention that it needs.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 7th July 2013, 14:21   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
A good thing Nissan did with the facelift is that they have given 16 valves( instead of the 8 valves on the pre facelift) to the diesel to improve the F.E. This point has went unnoticed and has to be given the attention that it needs.
Hey, that is news. Where did you get this information from? Isn't that a major change that will require homologation?

If that is the case, no one can now call the Micra engine as old school. Does this change find way to other cars that use the K9K engine too?

EDIT: The Nissan site still specifies the engine as SOHC 8 Valve 4 Cyl! @ Achyuth, please double check your source. Even, Nissan never highlighted this in their press release.

Last edited by thoma : 7th July 2013 at 14:31.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 14:23   #72
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Who said this? K9K diesel is only a 2 valve per cylinder engine. There's no 4 valves per cylinder K9K diesel motor anywhere in the world as far as I know.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 7th July 2013 at 14:39. Reason: k9k added
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 14:30   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Who said this? K9K diesel is only a 2 valve per cylinder engine. There's no 4 valves per cylinder anywhere in the world as far as I know.
Brouchure scans from indianautosblog.com states this:

Source:http://www.indianautosblog.com/2013/...xplained-81037

Cheers,

Achyuth
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-2013nissanmicratechnicalspecifications.jpeg  

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 7th July 2013 at 14:41.
Old 7th July 2013, 14:58   #74
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Brouchure scans from indianautosblog.com states this:

Source:http://www.indianautosblog.com/2013/...xplained-81037

Cheers,

Achyuth
Lol. You just caught a big typo from Nissan. Why not refer the Nissan brochure from their website. Attached is the official brochure.

Nissan-Micra-Brochure.pdf
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 15:52   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Lol. You just caught a big typo from Nissan. Why not refer the Nissan brochure from their website. Attached is the official brochure.

Attachment 1106757
Thanks for sharing that brochure. The number of features do justify a face lift, literally. Unlike the recently face lifted Figo and Liva.

And thanks to Nissan for showing commitment towards the Indian market. Even the Japanese or the Thai Nissan March does not get the 370Z inspired headlamps and a reverse camera. And whoever thought of aping the 370Z headlamps, kudos for the last minute thought; without those, the Micra would not have lost all the roundness. Check out below.

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-tbhp2.jpg

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-514538.jpg
Pictures courtesy: bangkokpost.com, nissan.co.th, team-bhp.com

I notice that the PureDrive badge makes way to the petrol versions as well. The two new colors added to the palette are Olive Green and Turquoise Blue, whereas the Sunshine Orange has been omitted and the Aqua Green restricted to the Active model.

Last edited by thoma : 7th July 2013 at 15:58.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed