Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2013, 22:01   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

The Nissan dealer at my place had invited me to the function of unveiling the new Micra models and variants.
  • Nissan claims its CVT to be with the world's highest transmission ratio.
Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-img_5701.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Can you please put a picture of the improved seat cushioning? The very earlier models had pathetic support; which got a slight improvement on later models, including rear head rests. On the same note, am I seeing an art-leather finish? This was missing till now even for the top end variant.
  • I don't think the top end has art-leather finish, the fabrics are improved and the center part gets a velvet type fabric. IMO, highly prone to get dirty than ordinary fabric.
Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-img_5719001.jpg
  • The seat gets softer and additional foam. Back seat travel should be more comfortable than earlier thanks to the cushioning effect, though I forgot to check out the under thigh support. The rear head rests too felt softer than before.
Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-img_5719.jpg
  • Though the steering feels more chunky, sad that the leather steering wrap goes out for the top model.
  • The hand brake lever gets a button in chrome.
Quote:
I was thinking that the greige theme has made way to a blackish theme for the dashboard as well as the seats. Is it just the center console that has been changed?
  • The earlier whitish tone on the dashboard has given way to a unified grey theme apart from the piano black center console.
  • The anvil like arm rest gets a dark brushed metal grey finish on top. The anvil on the back too get a similar treatment, but has it become a bit slimmer?
Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-img_5714.jpg
  • The door pad gets uniform material for the front and rear, unlike plastic and cloth earlier.
  • The place where the passenger airbag was earlier is now a storage space. The airbag has been moved further towards the windshield.
Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-img_5711.jpg

Quote:
Can you please provide a long shot of the dashboard where the Aux-in and USB sockets are placed, if available?
Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-img_5713.jpg
  • The anti dazzling rear view mirror with the left portion showing reverse video.
Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-img_5716.jpg
  • The reverse camera is enclosed in a different holder on the hatch door.
Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-img_5707.jpg
  • USB, steering control Bluetooth, seat height adjust and ABS were the major requests from past customers that has been covered.
Few other snaps.

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-img_5726.jpg

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-img_5699.jpg

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-img_5704.jpg

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-img_5695.jpg

Last edited by thoma : 8th July 2013 at 22:03.
thoma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2013, 19:08   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
After reading Der's review, I thought the Micra CVT has potential as a good city car.

I can't figure out why anyone would pick a Micra CVT over a Brio AT or the top variant i10 AT. They are faster, smoother, have better engines, quality after-sales and don't suffer from that annoying rubber-band effect on the open road.
For city use, I think the CVT sits above ATs, why worry about rubber band effect?
And how can people discard the jerk-freeness and smoothness of a CVT? Way smoother, than any manual or auto, such a boon for relaxed/sedate drivers. We know the difference between a bike and a gearless scooter, both have their own pros and cons. And this CVT should definitely be better than those in scooters.
ahmad.007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2013, 22:17   #78
BHPian

Carwale.com has mentioned that the diesel variant has a GC of only 150 mm. How can it survive on Indian roads. Below is the link:

http://www.carwale.com/comparecars/c...3019&car4=3020

To existing Micra owners: What is GC of your car? Do you find it OK?

Nissan claims that the face lift model is more refined than the old one. Has any one experienced the same?

Cheers
Old 11th July 2013, 14:08   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Carwale.com has mentioned that the diesel variant has a GC of only 150 mm. How can it survive on Indian roads. Below is the link:

I beleave it was 155 mm for petrol Micra. I always remain a bit more careful on Bangalore roads and with those mammoth speed breakers, and never had any issues till date.
Old 11th July 2013, 15:51   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
Micra range starts from 3.5 L to all the way up to 7.14 L. Wow

Is Micra the only car in the world which has base model costing less than half for the same cars top model? I guess yes.
Amazing..I just divided 7.14 by 2 on the caclulator and it is true....This might put off a few top end buyers but nevertheless good news for Alto, Wagon R and Eon buyers I guess.
Old 15th July 2013, 15:16   #81
Senior - BHPian

I test drove the Micra CVT on last Friday. Some quick observations:
1. The interior fit and finish is much better than the older Micra
2. The Automatic AC works well, and is quite powerful
3. Getting a proper driving position was easy for both me and my wife. I typically, set the seat to it's rear-most position, with a straight back. My wife, sits close to the steering, with a straight back, and steering tilted down.
4. The suspension was decent over bad-broken roads at slow speeds. Didn't get a chance to test at higher speeds.
5. The car is LAZY! It's good for the wife though, who is a new driver, but VERRRRRRY BAAAAD for me. This is my single biggest issue with the car at the moment.
6. Space and packaging of the car are nice. Refinement is as expected.
7. Works to 7.2L on road which is 20K more expensive that the Brio and 45K cheaper than the Amaze.
8. The MID was showing 16.x kmpl while I was driving, which is VERY Attractive.

Now, I need to get my head around the LAZY DRIVE. :(
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 17:09   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I test drove the Micra CVT on last Friday.

How did you find the braking? The vagueness of the brake pedal was an issue with Micra, so did you feel the same with the facelifted model?
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 17:49   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy View Post
But, except Hyundai, none offers an automatic oil-burner this side of 10 Lakhs! Manufacturers should explore this segment as it is a relatively untapped segment and many people would prefer the convenience offered by an automatic along with Fuel Effeciency of a diesel.S@ndy
Hyundai is not alone. Apart from Honda with Brio AT, Maruti has 3 offerings - Astar AT, Ritz AT as well as Dzire AT that fall under the 10 lac bracket. Automatics are here to stay.
Old 15th July 2013, 18:07   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post

Hyundai is not alone. Apart from Honda with Brio AT, Maruti has 3 offerings - Astar AT, Ritz AT as well as Dzire AT that fall under the 10 lac bracket. Automatics are here to stay.
He means to say a diesel automatic. Referred to as oil burner. The cheapest being the Verna diesel automatic.
ahmad.007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 20:15   #85
BHPian

Just had a quick view of the New Micra on last Saturday. Looks great and finish is also top notch. Pics are attached below.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-photo0131.jpg  

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-photo0132.jpg  

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-photo0133.jpg  

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-photo0135.jpg  

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-photo0136.jpg  

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-photo0143.jpg  

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-photo0144.jpg  

Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review-photo0147.jpg  

Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 20:54   #86
BHPian

Awesome snaps there. The new Micra is looking dashing. Nissan has improved it greatly over the older version. Now that's how a facelift should be and not like what Maruti offers with some stickers.Nissan improved the exterior look, the central console, the seats and introduced CVT. Great going Nissan.
pranjal1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 21:14   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post
How did you find the braking? The vagueness of the brake pedal was an issue with Micra, so did you feel the same with the facelifted model?
The braking is adequate IMO. I liked the fact that the brakes are not sudden, but gradual in their bite. When pressed down firmly, they stopped the car within reasonable distance, without the ABS kicking in. I didn't get time to do a very exhaustive test though. Moreover, with such a lazy engine, brakes will not matter as much, as they would in say, a GT TSI. However, the drive is butter smooth.
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 01:09   #88
BHPian

Any clue as to when the bookings and deliveries of the Active variant begin?
Old 16th July 2013, 08:51   #89
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Those 155/80R13 tyres on the lower variants of the Micra Active look tiny , especially when compared to the 175/60R15 ones on the higher variants of the facelifted Micra. With the base variants also lacking ABS, I think a tyre upgrade right out of the showroom would be highly recommended. Good thing that Nissan has provided 13" wheels with 4.5" width - enabling an easy upgrade to good quality 175/70R13 tyres or 185/70R13 ones. The latter should also increase the ground clearance by a good 6mm while being within 3% of overall diameter change, as long as there is no fouling with the wheel arches.

Last edited by RSR : 16th July 2013 at 09:03.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2013, 10:59   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post

Nissan claims that the face lift model is more refined than the old one. Has any one experienced the same?

Cheers
150 mm is deadly dangerous . Currently mine is 154 mm and that too is pathetic especially with irregular speed breakers in bangalore. Every time the bottom scrapes (rather hits hard).

Most Viewed