Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2013, 11:13   #91
Team-BHP Support

Re: Nissan Micra Facelift / Xtronic CVT : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I agree with you. It is pretty loaded for a hatch. How is CVT performance BTW. I mean compared to i10 and A-Star ATs. Any idea? Autocar says CVT is lazy. But I do not gove much credit to these jurnos' comments. They jump off a Jaguar or Porsche into Micra and then they say it is slow. Their comparisons have to be on even keel.

Moved our discussion here. I am not sure about Micra performance. I hear it may not be all that great (Need to confirm). But for a city car, I think its a perfect upgrade. Esp. give the FE!

I also later edited my post on the Ecosport thread for the i10 AT upgrade. I think Micra CVT makes sense if one is looking at it as second car. If its a first car, then requirements need to be re-evaluated.
Old 17th July 2013, 13:55   #92
Senior - BHPian

The new latest brochure which I received in my email today. I didn't find any mention of the Nissan Micra Active in this brochure.

Micra MC LEAFLET_22X22CM1.pdf

EDIT: Price list here -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3181050

Last edited by W.A.G.7 : 17th July 2013 at 13:59. Reason: Added link to new car price thread.
W.A.G.7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2013, 14:12   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
The new latest brochure which I received in my email today. I didn't find any mention of the Nissan Micra Active in this brochure.

Active has a different brochure I reckon.
nvssudheer is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2013, 21:07   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
Those 155/80R13 tyres on the lower variants of the Micra Active look tiny , especially when compared to the 175/60R15 ones on the higher variants of the facelifted Micra. With the base variants also lacking ABS, I think a tyre upgrade right out of the showroom would be highly recommended. Good thing that Nissan has provided 13" wheels with 4.5" width - enabling an easy upgrade to good quality 175/70R13 tyres or 185/70R13 ones. The latter should also increase the ground clearance by a good 6mm while being within 3% of overall diameter change, as long as there is no fouling with the wheel arches.

Agreed with you, informed owners will change the tyre but primarily, I doubt the sales of the base variant as the Active is cheaper and has all the safety feature and the XL (O) is just a few thousands away. No one would value styling over safety and that's the thing the base Micra will hardly sell. It will get cannibalized by it's own siblings. Now coming to the tyre matter, the will be no fouling with the wheel arches and the ride would'nt be hampered as well (Depends on the tyre profile) and also the stock GC.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 26th July 2013, 10:32   #95
BANNED

Took the test drive of CVT micra yesterday, and i must admit i was thouroghly impressed by the driving characteristics of the car. As somebody pointed out in the previous posts, i too take the judgement of journos with a pinch of salt. One should make out his/her own judgement by test driving one. Since, i am driving a punto for the last 4 years, i wasn't too impressed with the ride (similar to my honda city ZX) but engine response was good, noise acceptable inside cabin, rubber band effect wasn't much of an issue as it is made out to be by some. Couldn't take it on a highway, but city drive was an absolute breeze. Only thing which prevents me from buying this one is the price, which at 7.20L onroad delhi is on a higher side. This is 2.0L more than an Astar AT. So, as an only car for a family (doing both city and highway) it makes sense, but for just city drives, i think cheaper AT's make more sense as the price difference is substantial.
chaudh2s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 11:37   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
Took the test drive of CVT micra yesterday,
Just checked with the local Nissan dealership (Lakshmi Nissan). Their demo/test cars have still not arrived. Apparently across South Indian dealerships, its due only by July-end. So your early preview is most welcome.
Contrapunto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 12:27   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
Took the test drive of CVT micra yesterday.
Are you contemplating a buy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
Just checked with the local Nissan dealership (Lakshmi Nissan). Their demo/test cars have still not arrived. Apparently across South Indian dealerships, its due only by July-end. So your early preview is most welcome.

I would highly disagree on that point. The South Indian Dealerships are bound to get the TD car more quickly than the north. Perhaps it must have gone for a spin. In my town, the TD vehicles have arrived. Are you also contemplating a buy?

Cheers,

Achyuth
Old 27th July 2013, 13:13   #98
Senior - BHPian

In Delhi, I'm getting an offer for same day delivery unless I'm finicky about color
roy_libran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 15:49   #99
BHPian

I am interested in the new Micra Petrol, but its not available fully loaded like the new Micra Diesel :/

I dont really need a Diesel as my drive is not that much, mainly city 80:20 outings.

Not thought of the the CVT as I think the engine power is too low for occasional highway/mountain drive outings.

Has anyone test driven these & any opinions?
Old 27th July 2013, 19:16   #100
BHPian

I test drove the CVT petrol recently. Not a bad car by any means. Easy to drive in the city. Decent performance. The rubber band effect is there but it is something you will not notice in the city.

Fit and finish was pretty good.

But the price was on the higher side. In the end I decided against it due to not being so sure about Nissan After Sales service and also the price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
I am interested in the new Micra Petrol, but its not available fully loaded like the new Micra Diesel :/

I dont really need a Diesel as my drive is not that much, mainly city 80:20 outings.

Not thought of the the CVT as I think the engine power is too low for occasional highway/mountain drive outings.

Has anyone test driven these & any opinions?
Old 28th July 2013, 08:57   #101
BHPian

I need a small automatic car for Dehradun Valley. It will be driven mostly by my wife in city. She has switched her choice to micra cvt from brio vxat, suddenly for some reason. Will this CVT be able to drive me to Mussorie without me getting down and holding the car halfway?
What to expect on uphill or downhill standstill situations in the lack of hill assist?
Can some one endorse her decision to help me go ahead in placing orders?
whymeonly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 13:36   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whymeonly View Post
I need a small automatic car for Dehradun Valley. It will be driven mostly by my wife in city. She has switched her choice to micra cvt from brio vxat, suddenly for some reason. Will this CVT be able to drive me to Mussorie without me getting down and holding the car halfway?
What to expect on uphill or downhill standstill situations in the lack of hill assist?
I would say close your eyes and buy Micra CVT. Nissan is no less a brand than Honda. Coming to Micra versus Brio, Micra is loaded up with features. Keyless start is such a wonderfull feature. No fumbling with key. Also, it is feather-touch start. Just touch the button and take your hand off it. It will start after 1 or 2 seconds. It is not direct start. When we direct start car manually, we over-crank or under-crank. Over-cranking damages starter motor and those irritating under-crankings mean multiple attempts. The one in Micra is so blissfull. I was just playing with this start/stop button when yestearday i took it for a test-spin. Then there is automatic aircon and auto-folding mirrors on locking the car.

In my opinion, Brio falls in no-man's land. Neither loaded up like Micra nor a scorcher like Polo DSG. Also that ugly dash-board and shop-window like rear glass of Brio is big no no for me.
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 13:45   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
I would say close your eyes and buy Micra CVT. Nissan is no less a brand than Honda. Coming to Micra versus Brio, Micra is loaded up with features. Keyless start is such a wonderfull feature. No fumbling with key. Also, it is feather-touch start. Just touch the button and take your hand off it. It will start after 1 or 2 seconds. It is not direct start. When we direct start car manually, we over-crank or under-crank. Over-cranking damages starter motor and those irritating under-crankings mean multiple attempts. The one in Micra is so blissfull. I was just playing with this start/stop button when yestearday i took it for a test-spin. Then there is automatic aircon and auto-folding mirrors on locking the car.

In my opinion, Brio falls in no-man's land. Neither loaded up like Micra nor a scorcher like Polo DSG. Also that ugly dash-board and shop-window like rear glass of Brio is big no no for me.
Brio's rear looks like an improper haircut.
Quote:
Definitely Micra CVT. The CVT is smooth, Nissan's brand image is equal to Honda, gizmos are in abundance, space and boot is no worry, Styling is much more better than the Brio. The CVT will select the perfect gear nicely, the Brio AT might end up getting confused to select the perfect gear at the perfect time. Mate, it will not let you down for any reason. Close your eyes and go for Micra CVT.

All the Best.

Cheers,

Achyuth
Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 14:17   #104
BHPian

I fully appreciate the uploaded part.
Just wandering a bit about the uphill thing.
whymeonly is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 14:25   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I fully appreciate the uploaded part.
Just wandering a bit about the uphill thing.
My tiny A-Star AT with only 68 BHP and 90 NM torque just shoots up inclines with 5 up and aircon on. Then you can imagine how a 1200 cc 85 bhp Micra will perform. BTW, one area where AT cars shine is uphill. I don't know what is at work here but they perform better than manuals in gradients. So uphill should be least of your worries.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks