Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2013, 22:56   #31
BHPian

Re: Mahindra Verito Vibe : Official Review

Excellent thread! Your attention to detail is deeply respected!

After seeing the Verito Vibe in person, I'm sort of confused regarding it's design! I mean, Vibe's exterior is definitely going to invite polarised opinions and reactions. For instance, my uncle liked the Vibe and exclaimed it to be neutral to his eye whereas I didn't liked that Boxy front, curvy rear and strange side-profile. I know it won't beauty contests but USP's of Vibe are it's airy and comfortable cabin and a composed ride. Fellow members (most) were against the arrangement of Boot-opening procedure and most preferred it to be the Hatchback way. But, if this is viewed from an engineering POV, it must have saved them money since they didn't have to re-engineer the hatch-lid. Still, I feel it's main competitor is Tata Vista. Both offer plush rides and space for an average family and are neck-to-neck with each other. Well, only sales analysis will tell whether Mahindra have got the formula of lucrative sub-4m Notchback right or not!

P.S. Rated the thread a highly-deserved 5 stars!

Keep revvin'
S@ndy

Last edited by S@ndy : 19th July 2013 at 22:59.
Old 20th July 2013, 07:35   #32
BHPian

I had owned the logan way back in 2008 when it was launched and sold it within one year.The car had a lot of complaints especially the hard clutch of it.I had changed the cable 4 times in that one year i owned it with no result.It was a decision i rue a lot even at this point of time,cant wonder how mahindra is fooling people with introducing stupid variants of the car and giving them new names.Today when the customer has lots of choice in this segment and at a time when car sales are downhill i wonder whether they can make a change to their sagging fortunes in this.
Old 20th July 2013, 09:39   #33
BHPian

Thanks for the pains taken to write a deatiled review. I feel that the positives of this vehile weigh more than the negetives. It is some thing like a marriage allaiance, where we feel that looks are less important and the character / personality should weigh more than any thing else.

May be people who are 35+ may look at the milage, maintainabilty and riding comfort and performance at 90 kmph and below rather than looks and finish.

When Indica as a cab has such a demand why not Vibe which is about 35 to 40K more but for sure more comfortable and reliable in many ways.

Last edited by Seran Manian : 20th July 2013 at 09:40.
Old 20th July 2013, 10:13   #34
Senior - BHPian

Why did they give the rpm meter markings like 10, 20, 30 etc. x100? This is similar to the speedometer markings and IMO, not a good design. The rpm meter should have been marked as 1, 2, 3 etc. x1000.

Thanks for the great review.
Old 20th July 2013, 16:39   #35
BHPian

Thanks for a fine review.

I think its high time that Mahindra changed its "grill" theme to something contemporary. That would have changed the front look of the vibe a lot.

Also the designers went overboard with the boot design. They must have been given a very tight budget. Maybe M&M doesn't yet understand that the customer has a lot of options in today's market and that their cars need to be in tune with times.

Being a first gen Logan owner with 1 lakh + km on the odo, I can vouch for the no nonsense attitude of the car. But do definitely agree that the car lacks the "Wow" factor, which Mahindra could have tried out in the Vibe. Opportunity lost.
Old 21st July 2013, 15:45   #36
BHPian

I had almost forgotten this car had launched! Was surprised to see its review. However its a very neutral review for a car which no one has taken a real liking too. And that to me is a very commendable job . Thanks Parrys.

I personally am less bothered about the looks or boot of the car than its price. If this car was to be offered at only 70K odd less than the verito, i simply dont get the point why did mahindra bother with this.

I guess the verito drives as well as the vibe, has a proper boot at 70k more its a better buy than this chopped version of itself. So for any person who still bothers to buy the verito, it still makes more sense to go for the verito over the vibe.

I wished mahindra would rather have spent money redesigning the existing verito completely and made it more aspirational rather than this de-prostrated version of a fairly decent car.
Old 22nd July 2013, 07:51   #37
Senior - BHPian

I feel M&M missed the opportunity to kill 'Indica' segment read as cab segment.
The pricing is definitely on higher side.

They are asking too much for a chopped version of a decade old, worlds cheapest car and now with a odd looking design!!

Last edited by HammerHead : 22nd July 2013 at 07:52.
HammerHead is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 13:15   #38
BHPian

A very detailed review Parry.

I am yet to see this car on Bangalore roads. I have my doubts on whether this is going to bring in the desired numbers for M&M. In my opinion , the boxy and out dated design will keep personal buyers away and the small boot opening is going to be a problem for at least the airport taxi fleets.
Old 22nd July 2013, 21:57   #39
BHPian

Excellent review, parrys! The attention to detail is absolutely terrific!

1. Interesting to see the use of SRP Airbag. I had to Google it to find the difference from an SRS Airbag:

"SRS is the air bag (supplimental restraint system )
SRP is also an air bag used by european cars ( supplimental restraint and protection) slightly more advanced using sensors to tell the air bag how to deploy based on wether the seat belts are being used etc."
Source

2. I'm not too happy looking at those huge hinges on the boot lid - they probably eat up a lot of space when the lid is closed. Which would obviously mean the effective boot space would actually reduce.

Honestly, it may look dated, but I somehow like the design from the rear.
I have been a big fan of the practical Logan - like many others, I sat in a Logan taxi various times as a student in Bangalore while heading to the airport. It was such a brilliant car to be in. And then I used to get to Delhi and sit in an old Omni or an Esteem on the way home from the airport! Aah the simple luxuries of life :P

Again, real good work parrys.

Cheers,
Sam
samarth.bhatia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 22:09   #40
BHPian

Thank you for the much awaited and detailed review parrys!. The Vibe ad just sucks, The boot looks so small to be called as a sedan but M & M however, are disagreeing to that fact. It would be nice to see whether the Vibe will be able to contend in the sub-4m soup! A question:

Why there is no passenger airbag even in the top variant? I see it as an inexplicable move, much like that of the pre facelift diesel Micra which did'nt have ABS and passenger airbag. Also, what is SRP?

PS: Already a blue Vibe is delivered, near my house

Cheers,

Achyuth

Last edited by Achyuth Vaibhav : 22nd July 2013 at 22:11.
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:08   #41

I have owned a Logan since 2008 and its been 5 years now.The maximum amount I have ever spend during any service tour is 2K.I expect verito to have the same genes as it is essentially the same car.
Whats sorely missing in Verito from a visual prospective is the boring dated looks and uninspiring interiors.The car can rake in good numbers only if the design is tweaked cleverly and the interiors replaces with something which atlest is at par with the same price range hatchbacks.
revival is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 14:11   #42
BHPian

SRP is basically twin airbags instead of single airbag unit. Also in this system Double pre-tensioners are used in seat belt assembly instead of single pre-tensioner as seen in regular SRS systems.

During a impact, in the first phase, a pre-tensioner built into the safety belt buckle holds the occupant against the seat. In the first 10 milliseconds of the impact the system evaluates its severity. If it is moderately violent, only the small-volume airbag is inflated. If the impact is more violent, the second pretensioner, installed at the other end of the belt, is brought into action to hold the body more firmly. In this more severe configuration, a second gas generator also inflates the large-volume airbag.

For more info please see the following link:
http://www.autoworld.com.my/ads/rena...ultsafety4.asp
sujay bhandare is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 15:25   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujay bhandare View Post
SRP is basically twin airbags instead of single airbag unit. Also in this system Double pre-tensioners are used in seat belt assembly instead of single pre-tensioner as seen in regular SRS systems.

For more info please see the following link:
http://www.autoworld.com.my/ads/rena...ultsafety4.asp
Good to see this but even if its a small accident and the small airbag has been inflated, still while getting it repaired the whole assembly needs to be changed - am I right?

If yes, what is the benifit, let there be complete safety for the driver in the first go itself.
Old 23rd July 2013, 15:41   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by i74js View Post

Good to see this but even if its a small accident and the small airbag has been inflated, still while getting it repaired the whole assembly needs to be changed - am I right?

If yes, what is the benifit, let there be complete safety for the driver in the first go itself.
Yeah you are correct. The whole airbag unit needs to be replaced.
But regarding its benefits, most of the sources who are testing this system are saying that passenger/driver injury rate can be reduced by almost 30% approx.
Old 23rd July 2013, 17:38   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindrider2626 View Post
I had owned the logan way back in 2008 when it was launched and sold it within one year.The car had a lot of complaints especially the hard clutch of it.I had changed the cable 4 times in that one year i owned it with no result.It was a decision i rue a lot even at this point of time,cant wonder how mahindra is fooling people with introducing stupid variants of the car and giving them new names.Today when the customer has lots of choice in this segment and at a time when car sales are downhill i wonder whether they can make a change to their sagging fortunes in this.
You are indeed right. The cars from 2010 Had hydraulic clutches rather than the wired one.. The Hydraulic clutch in the Logan/Verito is indeed the lighest in its class i guess. They solved each and every issue which was faced by the customer. You forgot to mention the wiper blades placement

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks