Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2013, 10:43   #226
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun1010 View Post
Thanks for the suggestion friend. Also suggest Between Sports and Asta Variants. Which one would be logical to go with. Is it worth going to Asta over Sportz....???
Do you wish to opt for safety features... if yes, got for Asta, otherwise compare the features of the different variants to choose the best variant for you.
Old 28th October 2013, 13:21   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Do you wish to opt for safety features... if yes, got for Asta, otherwise compare the features of the different variants to choose the best variant for you.
Do we really need the Airbags and ABS?? I do highway travel atleast 3-4 times a year. My budget is 6-7 lakhs. If i am opting for Asta(o) Diesel variant, its going beyond 8 lacs+. Once i go above 7.5 lacs, I have other options coming into picture..like Swift, Dzire, Amaze etc. and most of them these days are coming with ABS default and Airbags in mid variants. So confused. I have Grand i10 Sports in Mind. So need further suggestions to take this forward Friends.
Old 28th October 2013, 13:31   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do we really need the Airbags and ABS?? I do highway travel atleast 3-4 times a year. My budget is 6-7 lakhs. If i am opting for Asta(o) Diesel variant, its going beyond 8 lacs+. Once i go above 7.5 lacs, I have other options coming into picture..like Swift, Dzire, Amaze etc. and most of them these days are coming with ABS default and Airbags in mid variants. So confused. I have Grand i10 Sports in Mind. So need further suggestions to take this forward Friends.
Yes, if you want to be safe on roads... as far as safety on roads is concerned even the slowest of hits can be deadly. For your reference, crash test are conducted at city speeds only (under 50kmph). However, its your money & your call, please be wise & safe .
CARDEEP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 13:34   #229
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, if you want to be safe on roads... as far as safety on roads is concerned even the slowest of hits can be deadly. For your reference, crash test are conducted at city speeds only (under 50kmph). However, its your money & your call, please be wise & safe .
Got your point Friend. So what do you recommend, given my criteria above.
Old 28th October 2013, 13:42   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Got your point Friend. So what do you recommend, given my criteria above.
Go for Grand i10 Asta (O) or Swift ZDi (as the brakes on Z variant of Swift are good)... or add few more bucks & buy Amaze (it has safety features on middle/ lower variants as well, not the Dzire), but crib about average interiors & probably viby (sounding sort of unrefined) diesel.

If it were me in your shoes, I would have bough the Grand i10 of the above, because I do not ride high speeds (read 100+) on highways as well & would prefer Hyundai over Maruti-Suzuki because my experience, & save some money for upgrades, etc. Still Swift is something that can sweep one off feet. Do test ride all the cars.

Best of luck again...
Old 28th October 2013, 13:57   #231
BHPian

Quote:
If it were me in your shoes, I would have bough the Grand i10 of the above, because I do not ride high speeds (read 100+) on highways as well & would prefer Hyundai over Maruti-Suzuki because my experience, & save some money for upgrades, etc. Still Swift is something that can sweep one off feet. Do test ride all the cars.

Best of luck again...
For me also, between Grand and Swift, I would go for Grand simply because it is more spacious, rear legroom is much better than Swift and much bigger boot. Also, the interiors are better than the outdated swift interiors, that's my personal opinion.

One more point which may or may not be important is the waiting period for the particular cars, I am not sure but Grand has a waiting period of around a month, Amaze has a waiting period of 2 months and Swift has even higher, if I am not wrong.

Best is to test-drive the car because if you are going to drive the car yourself, you would want to feel comfortable doing so. The driving experience can be so subjective.
Old 28th October 2013, 14:42   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Go for Grand i10 Asta (O) or Swift ZDi (as the brakes on Z variant of Swift are good)... or add few more bucks & buy Amaze (it has safety features on middle/ lower variants as well, not the Dzire), but crib about average interiors & probably viby (sounding sort of unrefined) diesel.

Best of luck again...
I was using Swift VDI with ABS, Met with a serious accident this May. It was on Highway at an speed of 120. braking and ABS didnt help me. So not interested in Maruti Suzuki product in that way. Amaze top end is close to 9 lacs and looks are very bad, booked and cancelled Amaze already. thought of Ertiga aswell, but again its touching 10 lacs. That brings me to Grand i10...Now the question is shall i go for it now, or wait for some discounts to come in.
Old 28th October 2013, 15:00   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I was using Swift VDI with ABS, Met with a serious accident this May. It was on Highway at an speed of 120. braking and ABS didnt help me. So not interested in Maruti Suzuki product in that way. Amaze top end is close to 9 lacs and looks are very bad, booked and cancelled Amaze already. thought of Ertiga aswell, but again its touching 10 lacs. That brings me to Grand i10...Now the question is shall i go for it now, or wait for some discounts to come in.
Seems that you do not have a car at present & being a Hindu, these are good (auspicious) days. These I believe are good reasons for buying at present, else for Jan-Feb next year.

Try hard bargaining for the Grand i10 & probably you would get few goodies & discounts, etc. in current scenario.
Old 28th October 2013, 15:11   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Seems that you do not have a car at present & being a Hindu, these are good (auspicious) days. These I believe are good reasons for buying at present, else for Jan-Feb next year.

Try hard bargaining for the Grand i10 & probably you would get few goodies & discounts, etc. in current scenario.
So, you suggest Grand i10 Asta with Airbags and ABS....!!!!!
Old 28th October 2013, 15:19   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, you suggest Grand i10 Asta with Airbags and ABS....!!!!!
Yes, please got for it... it is safe & stylish & you can go wrong with Maruti or Hyundai in India.
Old 28th October 2013, 15:29   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, please got for it... it is safe & stylish & you can go wrong with Maruti or Hyundai in India.
Thank you friend....!!!!!
Arjun1010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 16:46   #237
BANNED

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2013/10/h...tomatic-101958

"...an automatic transmission will be offered on the Hyundai Grand i10 diesel. The transmission in question would be a four-speed automatic unit and prices could range from INR 7.5 to INR 9.5 lakhs. This will make the Grand i10 the most affordable diesel automatic car in the country."
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2013, 17:21   #238
BHPian

Anywhere any news or information or practical experience of any kind of Discounts on Grand i10 Diesel.................. Please do let us know...!!!!
Old 29th October 2013, 10:40   #239
Senior - BHPian

Being a Swift Diesel user for nearly 5 years now, I was interested to know how the Grand I10 was. Test Drove a Diesel Grand I 10 and I am glad to say, It is NO MATCH for a Swift Diesel when it comes to driving fun.

The gearing is too short, performance is dismissal and it did not feel 'big' from inside. There was no 'Turbo Kick' as such, it feels like an N/A engine which is rev happy.

Although the interiors are of A1 quality and the backseat has lots of leg room, this is not something I would spend 8 lakhs on.

Looks wise, HECK, it feels like a whole segment lower than the Swift. The Swift looks more mature.

Guys, please test drive the Swift and I 10 grand back to back to make a judgement.
humyum is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2013, 14:57   #240
BHPian

Just TD one last week. Have to admit, power delivery is not one of the vehicles strong points. If this is the buyers priority then better go for other hatches. But having said that the feature list, the interiors, the space available for all passengers & the ride quality(surprise!!!) IMO is just amazing. I have been owning Hyundais all along & seen them getting better with every car. I would be criticized for comparing between segments, but if I was waiting indefinitely for an Ecosport, then I would think about cancellation & going for this car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks