Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2014, 18:08   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
My brother will book a Silver Grand i10 Magna Petrol by the evening. Basically, he wanted a non Maruti-Suzuki car in Rs.5 lacs.

I had suggested him few other options, but, he had his reason for rejecting each of these cars. I could also not convince him for a safer car (ABS, Airbags) .

Hopefully the car should serve him well. Will keep you all updated on this thread.
Sorry guys it's a i20 Magna.... my father who accompanied him for the booking ruled in favour of the bigger hatch. But still no safety features yet .
Old 27th January 2014, 21:32   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikrishnanm View Post
Hi Folks,

Just booked the Grand i10 Auto Asta. 7.41 lakhs on road with no discounts whatsoever. Advaith Hyundai says it will take 20 days for delivery.

Triptronic was, well, patchy. It worked sometimes, but I think there is a software override somewhere that causes it not to under some conditions. I intent to use this car only in the city, so did not try pushing up the speed beyond 100KMPH. Nor do I really intent to use Triptronic.

One thing the sales staff couldn't answer was on the "ECO" indicator. It kept coming on and going off without any pattern that I could decipher. Any idea what that could be or how it works.

There are no official accessories available yet. But having gotten addicted to the reversing camera in the SUVs that I drive, I cant live without one. Any recommendations for a reversing camera.
Congrats on your new purchase. Yes, you will least need the feel to drive in the triptonic/Sportz mode. Gear upshifts and downshifts are reasonably well calibrated in D mode for city day to day driving. The Eco mode remains ON until you push the accelerator pedal hard. The car is equipped with audio buzzer parking sensors. Electric ORVMs and audio parking sensor seems sufficient to me to handle the car in city.
superbhikari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 14:13   #348

Quote:
Originally Posted by harikrishnanm View Post
There are no official accessories available yet. But having gotten addicted to the reversing camera in the SUVs that I drive, I cant live without one. Any recommendations for a reversing camera.
You can use the reversing camera and the screen built in the rear view mirror (used in Verna and new i20). The showroom has quoted me close to 10k for the sensors, LCD mirrors and camera.
meteor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 14:33   #349

My journey on the I10 Grand AT Asta starts soon. This is my car at the yard during the PDI. Delivery this Sunday!

Will starting working on an ownership thread soon!
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img20140128wa00001.jpg  

meteor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 22:09   #350
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Wasn't knowing the Grand i10 had a battery issue!

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/hyunda...battery-issue/

Quote:
Many complained about the battery getting discharged very quickly, which led to the car not starting after being left unused for a few days. The battery getting discharged was a big worry and affected quite a few cars.
PPS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2014, 22:17   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Wasn't knowing the Grand i10 had a battery issue! http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/hyunda...battery-issue/
I received a call from the dealership Blue Hyundai today regarding a fix that needs to be performed to rectify this issue, though i havent faced any battery issues till date. Anyway they will be coming to my residence and doing this fix at my place tomorrow.
Old 29th January 2014, 22:59   #352
Senior - BHPian

The battery issue was due to some software glitch, which hardly takes 15 mins to get solved, last the same was fixed at local dealership.
Old 30th January 2014, 11:04   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Wasn't knowing the Grand i10 had a battery issue!

http://www.motorbeam.com/cars/hyunda...battery-issue/
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiler View Post
I received a call from the dealership Blue Hyundai today regarding a fix that needs to be performed to rectify this issue, though i havent faced any battery issues till date. Anyway they will be coming to my residence and doing this fix at my place tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by agspins View Post
The battery issue was due to some software glitch, which hardly takes 15 mins to get solved, last the same was fixed at local dealership.
Any idea of the months in which the affected cars were made? Could you please share the manufacturing month of your cars. Day before yesterday I took delivery of Jan 14 made car so not sure if this needs to be fixed in my car. Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 11:14   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteor View Post
You can use the reversing camera and the screen built in the rear view mirror (used in Verna and new i20). The showroom has quoted me close to 10k for the sensors, LCD mirrors and camera.
Can you let me know the dealer name who is offering this. I might also opt for this.
Old 30th January 2014, 12:17   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Can you let me know the dealer name who is offering this. I might also opt for this.
Advaith Hyundai has these accessories. I guess the costing is excluding the labour costs.
meteor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 15:13   #356
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Any idea of the months in which the affected cars were made? Could you please share the manufacturing month of your cars. Day before yesterday I took delivery of Jan 14 made car so not sure if this needs to be fixed in my car. Thanks
This problem had come in the first lot with a few cars. Hyundai has asked its dealers to update/check the software of all cars that are reporting for first service.

However, this is not a case with every car and should not be a cause of worry.

Congrats for the new car.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2014, 23:08   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1234singla View Post
Mine is Sep'13 make and is a petrol. So far i havent faced any issues.
spiler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2014, 10:58   #358
BHPian

Folks - any idea if speed sensing auto lock can be activated in Grand i10? Like these features can be activated in some other cars by their respective service centres by connecting OBD scanners to car's ECU and activating/ deactivating these optional features (e.g. VW Vento). Is something similar possible for Grand.

BTW - with barely 4 days with the car and 200km on ODO we found it be a very well rounded perfect city car. Only three issues we found with the car:

1. No speed sensing locks. This is such a simple and extremely useful safety feature, must to have in my view as you cannot always remember to lock after getting into the car

2. Low end torque - It's poor than santro, so my wife is sometimes stalling the car while moving from standstill. I think this we will get used to soon. Mid and top range is quite strong though

3. Steering feel - coming from Santro, Manza and Figo (all hydraulics), Grand's steering feels dead in the centre position. Needs constant corrections to stay in perfect line. Again something we will get used to

What I would really like to change is the first one, speed sensing auto lock. Any suggestions please?
Old 1st February 2014, 14:50   #359
Distinguished - BHPian

Speed-sensing door locks cannot be activated by Hyundai in both Grand i10 (and i20 except Asta O). Reason being that it has to be programmed at factory tune to co-ordinate with the speed and as such a pre-programmed module is not available for installation. The European models do come with the feature across all ranges. Grand i10 does have power-locks where you can lock/unlock the doors using the button above the window controls. Its not recommended to use 3rd party modules or edit stock car security systems (if any) to get this feature as it may interfere with the ignition-button and side mirrors which are programmed into the CAN to respond to the proximity remote functions. Never touch the car electronics, its easier to get used to pressing the power lock feature.

Grand i10 will definetly have better torque across all ranges compared to Santro, a 83hp engine is definetly better than 64hp even with the added weight (114 vs 96nm). I suspect you feel that the half-clutch response of Grand is slower than the quarter-clutch response of Santro but its just a matter of getting used to. The 1.2 is definetly much more stronger. I felt the same when I moved to Getz, but after that 2 second delay when the low-mid to mid-end torque kicks in, the 1.4 125nm Getz would leave every car behind (only IF < I advocate safe smooth driving). You just need to know the sweet-area of the rev band and keep it there for that ready torque.

Last edited by dark.knight : 1st February 2014 at 14:52.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2014, 15:52   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Speed-sensing door locks cannot be activated by Hyundai in both Grand i10 (and i20 except Asta O).
Mine is Grand i10 Asta Option Pack - so are you suggesting it's possible in this varient or the exception is only for i20?

Quote:
Reason being that it has to be programmed at factory tune to co-ordinate with the speed and as such a pre-programmed module is not available for installation. The European models do come with the feature across all ranges. Grand i10 does have power-locks where you can lock/unlock the doors using the button above the window controls. Its not recommended to use 3rd party modules or edit stock car security systems (if any) to get this feature as it may interfere with the ignition-button and side mirrors which are programmed into the CAN to respond to the proximity remote functions. Never touch the car electronics, its easier to get used to pressing the power lock feature.
Thanks for the suggestion, I do not have any intention to touch stock electronics. And yes, power lock button is quite nice, just that one needs to remember to lock.

Quote:
Grand i10 will definately have better torque across all ranges compared to Santro
This may or may not be true unless we look at power and torque curve of both the cars on same scale graph.

Quote:
a 83hp engine is definetly better than 64hp even with the added weight (114 vs 96nm)
Yes, better overall, not necessarily at low end torque. Ask any informed Civic owner about low end torque despite 1.8L 130bhp engine. Also 114 vs 96nm is torque, not weight.

Quote:
its just a matter of getting used to
Absolutely agreed, I don't have this issue anymore. My wife is still getting used to and she will.

Last edited by amit1234singla : 1st February 2014 at 15:53.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks