Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2014, 15:50   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Oil change on first service is something I would also like to know. The service manual says its not required, but should I insist on it?
If you do NOT mind spending that cash, it could be done. The logic behind this is, it could happen that any metal filings could be dropped in during the run in period and this helps in getting rid of it. It's a precaution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
My Grand Sportz is expected next week. I have a couple of quick questions for Grand i10 owners/ users:

1. Is it worth upgrading the tyres since my driving is mainly in the city and I will be opting for aftermarket 14" alloy wheels?? I am concerned about the grip levels of the Grand since it runs on 165 section tyres...
165 is a bit under tyred. Even if you hit highway once, an upgrade would definitely feel worth. There is no point in thinking that "I could have done it before" at a later point of time.
swiftnfurious is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2014, 10:26   #452
BHPian

I saw in this Hyundai video () that the grand i10 has cruise control and speed limiter. I'm sure we Indians aren't gonna get any of these, are we? Also, looks like the European versions have discs on all four, with 6 airbags. I'm sure Hyundai thinks we don't need that much safety on our supremely safe roads. Right?
Old 25th April 2014, 12:53   #453
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigatech2006 View Post
I saw in this Hyundai video ([url] I'm sure we Indians aren't gonna get any of these, are we? Also, looks like the European versions have discs on all four, with 6 airbags. I'm sure Hyundai thinks we don't need that much safety on our supremely safe roads. Right?
The companies dont launch it since it hardly sells. The dynamics of production and low volume dont support it. We dont get 6 airbags even in most (with exceptions) 10-15 lakh sedans. Dealers and manufacturers dont want slow selling models to pile up. At this stage people are happy to move from 0 safety to 2 Airbags and ABS. Down some years when these things become standard, they will add more stuff. Its like power windows and power sterring which now has become standard on almost every car which few years back, one had to pick a top end model for these features.
dipen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th April 2014, 16:53   #454
BHPian

I have got a quote from Samara for Grand i10 Asta (O) Diesel

Ex Showroom - 632907
Insurance (zero dep) - 19722
Registration - 60095
High Security Numer Plate - 213
Logistics / Handling - 6990
On Road Price - 719927

Essential Kit (Body Cover, Mat, Perfume, Divnity, Mud Flap) - 2711
Extended Warranty - 3rd yr & 4th - 19742
3 M bodycare (anti rust + teflon) - 6343
Total - 748723

I will most probably be going without Essential Kit and 3M body care. Its kind of hard to digest the fact that a small hatchback is costing more than 7 lacs, but then I guess if you want Diesel hatchback with Airbags, ABS and decent built quality, you have to shell this much.

Last edited by austere_sly : 26th April 2014 at 17:20.
Old 26th April 2014, 22:57   #455
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by austere_sly View Post
Logistics / Handling - 6990
Its kind of hard to digest the fact that a small hatchback is costing more than 7 lacs,
"handling charges" is the most ancient rip off trick - still going strong today.
can't agree with you more
Old 28th April 2014, 09:33   #456
BHPian

Took delivery of my petrol Grand i10 Asta(O) day before yesterday from Safdarjang Hyundai. Initial impressions are good! Have done about 125 kms till now. Booked it exactly 4 weeks ago, the wait for the colour and model was worth it. Got an April manufactured car.
Also, the service schedule is something like this. 1st service is only wash and checkup after 1-2 months. 2nd service is at the end of first year or 10k kms and 3rd after second year or 20k kms whichever comes first.

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-pic001.jpg

Last edited by promit : 28th April 2014 at 09:40. Reason: cropping picture
promit is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 01:03   #457
BHPian

A couple of updates regarding the car I bought in December.
  • Asta (O)
  • Petrol
  • 4800 KMS on the ODO till now.
Issues faced -
  • The power window switch of the rear left window failed. Part was not in stock, but was arranged for in flat 3 days. The glass was permanently stuck in the door, and had to put in a wire underneath the assembly to prevent it from going down while the part arrived from Chennai. Extremely prompt and courteous service by Himgiri Hyundai wazirpur.
  • Major Disappointment ---- I knew about the battery drainage issue before buying the car, had gotten a firmware upgrade on the car before taking the delivery. The firmware was again patched/updated on the first service, and was continuously told that battery drain issue is no more and was only prevalent on cars till November 2013. I went to Shirdi on Friday , 25th April, and used the car that morning. I came back Yesterday, 28th April to find the car refusing to start, with blinking electronics and a constant kat kat sound, with the engine refusing to come alive despite the spark plug trying to get it up. Most probably the battery has drained but the stereo and the headlights seemed fine. Forwarding the complaint to the dealer who I know will rectify this no time, but the car was only stationery for one weekend, i.e. 2days : Saturday and Sunday. Highly disappointing in a brand new car and that too after getting the firmware upgrades as per company instructions.
  • Average of 14 to 15 KM/L without AC and 12 to 13 KM/L in peak Delhi Traffic.
Highly advised is to watch out for the battery drain issue, if you decide to take a vacation. I thought I had sorted the situation, but I guess electronics have a mind of their own.

P.S. Only applicable on cars with Keyless start/stop.
smilenow is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th April 2014, 11:56   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilenow View Post
[*]Major Disappointment ---- I knew about the battery drainage issue before buying the car, had gotten a firmware upgrade on the car before taking the delivery. The firmware was again patched/updated on the first service, and was continuously told that battery drain issue is no more and was only prevalent on cars till November 2013. I went to Shirdi on Friday , 25th April, and used the car that morning. I came back Yesterday, 28th April to find the car refusing to start, with blinking electronics and a constant kat kat sound, with the engine refusing to come alive despite the spark plug trying to get it up. Most probably the battery has drained but the stereo and the headlights seemed fine. Forwarding the complaint to the dealer who I know will rectify this no time, but the car was only stationery for one weekend, i.e. 2days : Saturday and Sunday. Highly disappointing in a brand new car and that too after getting the firmware upgrades as per company instructions.
Thanks for that information, and i hope Hyundai finds a permanent solution soon.

BTW, does this also apply to the newly launched Xcent. I am getting Xcent S Petrol delivered this week, do i need to keep this issue in mind and get any clarifications from dealer?
Old 29th April 2014, 13:27   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Thanks for that information, and i hope Hyundai finds a permanent solution soon.

BTW, does this also apply to the newly launched Xcent. I am getting Xcent S Petrol delivered this week, do i need to keep this issue in mind and get any clarifications from dealer?
Xcent S variant does not have push button start / stop , so the battery drain issue should probably not be there.
Old 30th April 2014, 00:28   #460
Team-BHP Support

Won't this master-switch help prevent battery drain, when the car is parked for longer duration?

Pic is from Xcent official review. I hope the same is there in the Grand i10.

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-image2696308150.jpg
Old 30th April 2014, 23:44   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Won't this master-switch help prevent battery drain, when the car is parked for longer duration?

Pic is from Xcent official review. I hope the same is there in the Grand i10.
Yes there is, but I wouldn't want to engage that switch for barely 2 days.
Old 1st May 2014, 00:21   #462
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yes there is, but I wouldn't want to engage that switch for barely 2 days.
I guess I'm not well informed of this issue then. You mean to say, the leakage happens in less than 2 days, when the car is parked?

And by the way- did you check if the battery is getting charged properly when the car is running?

I have booked an Xcent SX(O). This is a main cause of worry for me then. Never noticed this issue being discussed here.
Old 1st May 2014, 13:15   #463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
I guess I'm not well informed of this issue then. You mean to say, the leakage happens in less than 2 days, when the car is parked?
It happened in mine, can't say for other cars. As noted above, electronics have a mind of their own.

Quote:
And by the way- did you check if the battery is getting charged properly when the car is running?
It is getting charged properly, I can say that with confidence, Since I own a mini - workshop ( a Tyre shop with alignment ) and my trusted mechanic checked it.

Quote:
I have booked an Xcent SX(O). This is a main cause of worry for me then. Never noticed this issue being discussed here.
I think the issue might already be patched in. Since the issue was widespread, (Google it out), Hyundai must have rectified it by now.

The competent workshop manager told me a fun fact, that if the software update is applied and the battery is not on its peak optimal capacity of 1250 (forgot the units), the software needs to be done again, by charging the battery. He said most likely, when I got the patch done, the battery must be on less than 1250 (forgotten the unit), thus needs to be redone.

It is a peculiar thing, I thought I was an aware consumer and avoided this issue. And well, I guess somethings hit you out of the blue.
Old 1st May 2014, 18:02   #464
BHPian

Quote:
Highly advised is to watch out for the battery drain issue, if you decide to take a vacation. I thought I had sorted the situation, but I guess electronics have a mind of their own.

P.S. Only applicable on cars with Keyless start/stop.
Your post came just after my post about my new car
I did read somewhere else,that the 2013 cars had this issue, and this was sorted in the later cars. I really hope this is true. I got an April manufactured car. I have my fingers crossed. Hope all is well with your car now
Old 1st May 2014, 23:58   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Your post came just after my post about my new car
I did read somewhere else,that the 2013 cars had this issue, and this was sorted in the later cars. I really hope this is true. I got an April manufactured car. I have my fingers crossed. Hope all is well with your car now
Your car looks brilliant.
I am sure, 99% your car doesn't have this problem. I took delivery in December for a November manufactured car, and the salesperson knew about this problem, and we got the patch done right before taking the delivery.

I guess one cannot know if the problem exists, till the time one faces this issue, and that will only happen once you go on vacation.

So plan one! And hope everything stays alright!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks