Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2014, 12:57   #631
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
The car brochure mentions clock even in lower variants, which do not have ICE. Where have the placed the clock ?
The digital clock is placed next to the hazard light button in variants without the OEM ICE.

About your question regarding the switch on the fuse box.I do not know exactly about it and I would like to know more about it from other members here.

And to your third question as far as I know there is no auto locking when you go away from the car when all the doors are closed. As far as I have noticed in my Gi10 the car auto locks when you have unlocked the car with your remote and when you don't open any of its doors even after about 30 to 45 seconds (approximately).
fazonater1911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2014, 19:51   #632
e46
BHPian

Hi Gi10 owners,

Please let me know, if the gear lever setup in petrol variant is like european one? i.e. reverse in far top left position or is it standard like below fifth?

Thanks,
Abhishek //M
Old 31st October 2014, 10:15   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46 View Post
Please let me know, if the gear lever setup in petrol variant is like european one? i.e. reverse in far top left position or is it standard like below fifth?
It is standard:

1 3 5

2 4 R
TheLizardKing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2014, 09:31   #634
BHPian

In my Gi10, since the past few weeks, I have been noticing a dashboard rattle issue when the car is in low rpm range. Its most likely from the glovebox, because the sound is not there when I tightly press the lid of the glovebox. I do not know if it is the contents in the glovebox (ipod cable, cds, car manual, documents etc.) that are rattling or is it the glovebox lid itself. Is anybody else facing this issue? Can this be fixed?
Old 2nd November 2014, 10:01   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazonater1911 View Post
In my Gi10, since the past few weeks, I have been noticing a dashboard rattle issue when the car is in low rpm range. Its most likely from the glovebox, because the sound is not there when I tightly press the lid of the glovebox. I do not know if it is the contents in the glovebox (ipod cable, cds, car manual, documents etc.) that are rattling or is it the glovebox lid itself. Is anybody else facing this issue? Can this be fixed?
In my case, there is a rattle, but only when the car goes over some undulation. Feels odd, as if I something is not properly closed or a pen/pencil is left free in and around glovebox area or in the center of dashboard near windshield.
I thought that I have kept something free or its one off case. But after reading your post I think it might be rattle. This "rattle" is present since a couple of months. I did try to drive with lower tyre pressure to improve ride quality, but it did not help reduce the rattle. Irritating.

Ride quality is not exactly smooth and Hyundai should improve suspension travel.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 12:20   #636
Senior - BHPian

I was wondering if any tuning box from RaceDynamics or Pete's can help me increase the performance of diesel Grand i10. I am not targeting high performance, but around 10% increase in bottom end response, mainly below 2000 rpm. I know its tough, but any help would make the investment involved a good decision. There is sufficient power in stock form, but its all available from 2000 to 4000 rpm. Below that, its modest.

Has anybody tried such tuning box on Grand i10 diesel ? Also, there is some difference between Grand i10 diesel's wastegate and Xcent diesel's wastegate. If its electronic control added the would love to first get Xcent's wastegate installed in my Grand i10. Hunt from my side is ON and would update on this matter if I find any relevant inforamtion.
Could not find Grand i10 on Pete's website.
Old 25th November 2014, 19:53   #637

Hi Guys,

Hope you all enjoying your ride in Grand I10 as I am in mine (Wine red Asta Petrol). Its been close to 5 months since I bought the car and have now driven almost 4k kms. I must say its been an absolute pleasure owning and driving the car. Once you get used to the handling dynamics and gear shifts ratios, you'll love the drive.

Couple of things -
1. I mostly use the bluetooth option to connect to my phone and play but has anyone tried to use the much raved about 1 GB internal memory. How to set up/transfer songs into the internal memo? (I didnt come across it any of the earlier posts so if already thr pls guide me to the relevent post)
2. What is the average which you guys getting after few months of drive for petrol (say after 1st or 2nd service). I havent really managed to check tank to tank in city traffic but on highways it gave me close to 19km/L with A/C on.

Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 09:15   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastrack21 View Post
Hi Guys,

Couple of things -
1. How to set up/transfer songs into the internal memo? (I didnt come across it any of the earlier posts so if already thr pls guide me to the relevent post)

2. What is the average which you guys getting .

Thanks
Hi

1. When you plug in external USB device, it automatically starts playing. While song is being played, the screen displays option of copy this song to My Music, which is nothing but internal drive. Select that option using tune-wheel or Number button. The music stops and file gets copied. Till the time file is copied, which is shown on screen, no action can be done. If you change anything the copy stops.
Yes you will have to copy song one by one and folder cannot be copied directly.
You can play, delete the stored songs, by selecting My Music.

2. Please check the ownership review of Grand i10 for Mileage. My diesel gives 19-20 without A/c, mainly Noida-Gurgaon drive.

Last edited by Wanderers : 26th November 2014 at 09:25.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 12:43   #639
BHPian

Quote:
2. What is the average which you guys getting after few months of drive for petrol (say after 1st or 2nd service). I havent really managed to check tank to tank in city traffic but on highways it gave me close to 19km/L with A/C on.

Thanks
My Gi10 is a petrol. It's run 4k kms in 7 months. It has been giving me 11.5-12.5 Km/L with 100% AC. Measured via tank full method and the Fuel Log Android App. Best I have managed a couple of times is- 480-490 kms on a tank before refueling (~38-39L)
As of November with minimal AC use, it seems like I am going to get more than 480 kms on this tank. Hope this helps

Last edited by promit : 26th November 2014 at 12:45.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2014, 13:49   #640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Hi

1. When you plug in external USB device, it automatically starts playing. While song is being played, the screen displays option of copy this song to My Music, which is nothing but internal drive.
Thanks Wanderers for the suggestion. Will give it a try.
But have you tried the same connecting your phone with the USB cable. Does it still give the option of copying the songs? In my attempt it showed "connection error". So I mostly switch to bluetooth playing as most of the songs that I wiah to play are on my phone.
Old 26th November 2014, 13:56   #641
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Mine is a Petrol run 12K. In city, I am consistently getting 12~13 with 100% AC. In Highways last week a trip to Coorg, I got around 17 with 100%AC. Also I have changed the stock tyre to 185/60.
Old 26th November 2014, 14:24   #642
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Wanderers for the suggestion. Will give it a try.
But have you tried the same connecting your phone with the USB cable. Does it still give the option of copying the songs? In my attempt it showed "connection error". So I mostly switch to bluetooth playing as most of the songs that I was to play are on my phone.
Hi,

The copy option is only from an USB drive. However if you can turn your phone as USB drive only (some phone gives that option when connecting the cable, it should work. I have not tried as I have a blackberry and a primitive one given by Company

The best is to keep a USB for a car and copy some of the evergreen songs to internal memory (My Music)
Old 26th November 2014, 19:23   #643
BHPian

What patient wanted and what doctor prescribed is the same. That is the hyundai grand i10, a small diesel city car with excellent mileage and great refinement.
Yes this is not a highway cruiser, but in city this is a great choice.
Wonder why there is no air bag options even in the top end model.

May be Hyundai feels indians are cheap, so is their lives.

Overall I am owning this car, and I am happy with it. At 6.26 laks its expensive but, a good overall package.
If you plan to have only one car, for the family then you should extend your budget and go for i20 diesel.
Old 4th December 2014, 22:47   #644
BHPian

First things first. Big thank you for the Team Bhp Moderators and the community for approving the membership. I have been a moderately frequent visitor of the this forum since few years for the highly matured and real time content of automotive scene this forum has. However, ever since I wanted to invest a large chunk of my life savings to buy a new hatchback, I became a daily visitor and eventually realized how helpful this forum can be in the aspects of making a purchase decision, helping fellow members deal with automotive issues and feeding the automobile enthusiastic mindset etc.

Before too much prologue, I would humbly request fellow members to provide me inputs that would help me to come out of dilemma which I have been going through since last few months.

I have been in the market for a petrol hatch back and have zeroed in on the top trim versions of following vehicles
  1. Grand i10
  2. Brio
  3. Ritz
  4. Swift (I think Zxi is way over priced? )
(Reason for choosing top end versions are nothing but the basic requirement of safety features such as ABS and Airbags)

Reasons (as well as expectations and requirements) for trimming down to the afore mentioned models and choosing petrol as the fuel option is:
  1. Average distance covered per month will not be more than 400 Kms, Maximum would be 500 Kms.
  2. Car would be taken on EMI of 7 years
  3. On-road budget is strictly not more than 6.5 lacs
  4. Car should offer peace of mind, cannot be a frequent visitor to SC
  5. Car should age well (with proper and periodic services of course) as I intend to keep it for 7 years.
  6. 70% life would be in city environment
  7. While mostly there would be only front seat occupants in the car, rear bench also should be comfortable place to be. Especially in moderately long distance drives (70-120 Kms)
  8. Boot space should be decent and not abysmal
  9. Riding dynamics has importance from my personal perspective but I think I will have to make some compromises here if Grand i10 is chosen
  10. FE should be relatively consistent and realistically frugal
  11. I'm not avert to diesel, do not feel the requirement though.
  12. I am open to other brands other than the ones mentioned above
Considering a lot of factors such as space, power, FE, Features and overall VFM I had trimmed down choice to Grand i10 Asta (O). I was on the verge of booking the car but then again got bogged down by some of the reports regarding reliability issues of i10. This is where I would request my fellow members to guide me in the right direction. I have the following queries regarding Grand i10 and Hyundai brand
  1. There has been several users reporting battery drain issues in team bhp and on various cyber forums in general. Is this issue addressed for good?
  2. Does the battery issue affects only the models with ignition switch? (Start-Stop switch)
  3. Hows the mechanical quality of grand i10? there has been reports of steering alignment getting affected when driven through uneven roads moderately. does this means that there could be overall reliabilities issues in the way car is put together
  4. Does Hyundai cars generally give consistent and close to declared fuel efficiency? (in comparison to other options in market)
  5. Is Hyundai ASS (routine maintenance as well as unexpected maintenance) considerably more expensive than Maruti/Honda?
  6. Does Hyundai cars age well? In the sense, does the driving dynamics, mechanical and engine performance deteriorate faster than other options in market?
  7. Are there any known issues with Hyundai and Grand i10 in general which I should be aware of?
  8. Would Grand be a good choice, what are the other options I can consider
Note: I'm not attracted to features of Grand i10 such as push button start and rear a/c vents (however I believe true key-less entry and electrically fordable RVM can be an advantage at times)

I apologize for asking too many questions and humongous assistance in my first post itself. Hoping that fellow Team Bhpians would understand the concerns of a to-be first car owner

Mods: Since this is my first post kindly correct if there were any blunders made against forum guidelines. Hope that I am posting this at the right thread. If not, please help me identify the right thread to post this.
Old 5th December 2014, 10:54   #645
BHPian

Hi Sid
Welcome to Team-BHP. Hope you have a rewarding time.

I just bought Grand i10 but the Diesel one and also have swift so I will try to answer your queries. Please see my answers in BOLD.

[quote=Sid13;3595399]
[*] Grand i10

Good for Space & Features. There is no problem with Service or there are no concerning issues on this car.

Swift- A performance driven car but a compromise on Boot space & features in comparison to Grand. But Fun to drive factor is worth considering it.

Other 2 car mentioned by you do not come anywhere near to Swift or Grand.

[*]There has been several users reporting battery drain issues in team bhp and on various cyber forums in general. Is this issue addressed for good?[*]Does the battery issue affects only the models with ignition switch? (Start-Stop switch)

Yes its a issue but not affecting all the cars. Also you have a way to control it. Yes this problem is limited to Sports/Asta Model having start-stop switch.
[*]Hows the mechanical quality of grand i10? there has been reports of steering alignment getting affected when driven through uneven roads moderately. does this means that there could be overall reliabilities issues in the way car is put together.

This is Myth and can happen to any car. As such Quality of Grand is top notch.
[*]Does Hyundai cars generally give consistent and close to declared fuel efficiency? (in comparison to other options in market)

Swift(P): 11-12 in City
Grand (P): 15-16 in City
[*]Is Hyundai ASS (routine maintenance as well as unexpected maintenance) considerably more expensive than Maruti/Honda?

Hyundai is cheaper than Maruti but Honda is one of the cheapest. But for a 7 years, the maintenance cost difference would not be more than 10K between Maruti & Hyundai. Honda would be more cheaper by say 5K.

[*]Does Hyundai cars age well? In the sense, does the driving dynamics, mechanical and engine performance deteriorate faster than other options in market?

That depends on driving style & roads taken. But my Swift aged faster than my Hyundai Santro.
[*]Are there any known issues with Hyundai and Grand i10 in general which I should be aware of?

None
[*]Would Grand be a good choice, what are the other options I can consider[/list]Note: I'm not attracted to features of Grand i10 such as push button start and rear a/c vents (however I believe true key-less entry and electrically fordable RVM can be an advantage at times)

I have Asta. Asta(O) is best choice. But if this is the only car, you would be having than, its worth considering Elite i20 Sports. A difference of few thousands and you are in a different league all together. Please consider this option seriously.

Last edited by Wanderers : 5th December 2014 at 11:21.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks