Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2015, 11:06   #826
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
I got it confirmed from the SA and the customer care. The automatic folding/unfolding of mirrors while locking/unlocking feature is available only on the AMT and diesel Asta variant.
Electric folding of ORVM is available from the Sportz Variant. Smart key is available on the Asta and Asta(o) variants.Grandi10 AT is available only in Asta (petrol) variant.
Grand Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 01:56   #827
BHPian

Hi Guys.
I got a new Grand I10.
Decided to get the new allow wheels for the car.
Went to a dealer and while he was changing the tyres, I found rust on both the front wheels.
Went to service station and they said it's normal.
I am not satisfied with their answer need your opinion on the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-20150819_170516.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-20150819_170528.jpg  

Old 6th September 2015, 02:29   #828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinMakhija View Post
Hi Guys.
I got a new Grand I10.

First of all, congrats on the new car.

Please don't get worried about the rust. Its surface rust and nothing major. Its a common phenomenon with vehicles standing for long periods in yards. All hubs and knuckles are made of cast iron, and surface rust on them won't affect their life. The rust you see on brake discs will go away once pads rub on discs.

Regards

Last edited by Leoshashi : 6th September 2015 at 02:32.
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th September 2015, 08:55   #829
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys.
I got a new Grand I10.
Decided to get the new allow wheels for the car.
Went to a dealer and while he was changing the tyres, I found rust on both the front wheels.
If you refer previous few pages, I had exactly the same problem. The rust is excessive, specially for steering knuckle which has 5 connections and is very critical. I was not satisfied with the answer given by Hyundai and the whole scenario unfolded was not confidence inspiring, specially the mail communication which was not congruent to what was verbally communicated.

Here is one of my post : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3715314

Goes on to show that Hyundai clearly has poor QC, specially for casting components. In my posts, its mentioned that other cars that we have do not suffer from such rust despite being older.
Tell the Service center that you do not feel its normal, and ask them to change the steering knuckle. I was told by one authorized service center that one Xcent owner in my city had the steering knuckle painted after he observed the rust.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 6th September 2015 at 09:03.
Old 6th September 2015, 11:19   #830
BANNED

Quote:
Went to service station and they said it's normal. I am not satisfied with their answer need your opinion on the same.
Standard reply from HASS and if they accept, the parts may be changed under warranty and at their costs which they may not like to do hence reply that it is normal.

One thing is clear - Rust isn't good be out surface of deep one. If HASS says it is normal then ask them to show the other cars in their stockyard and check yourself. Since your car is new, get the warranty claim raised and change the rust parts.

Hyundai is loosing it and riding high with the success of Elite i20 and Creta. Hope they too don't go to the levels where Honda has been trying to go with the Niggling City.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
If you refer previous few pages, I had exactly the same problem. The rust is excessive, specially for steering knuckle which has 5 connections and is very critical.
I agree.
Old 9th September 2015, 10:24   #831
BHPian

I head a thud-thud sound when my grand i10 passes over small potholes at speeds of 30-40 or above. It is very smooth at lower speeds. The car has done only 1200Kms. What could be the reason? I took it to the HASS, the SA said it's normal. He wasn't able to give an explanation. Does anybody else face the same issue? What could be the cause of the sound?
Old 11th September 2015, 12:59   #832
BHPian

for Hyundais made in India...

Grand i10 fails the Latin NCAP, scores '0'!!!

Its evident that not just the passive safety systems, but the structural strength too has been questioned from this test and this is certainly something to worry about.

Source - indianautosblog.com

http://www.motorbeam.com/2015/09/car...in-latin-ncap/Bad news continues

Last edited by vinair : 11th September 2015 at 13:00.
vinair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st September 2015, 23:30   #833
BHPian

Does anyone have any idea whether a face lifted version of the i10 grand is going to be launched soon? I read online that a 2015 version of the car is being launched in Indonesia. It's got DRL and a full touch screen audio system. I'm in the market to buy one and wanted some update before I finalise the current version. If it's going to be launched i can wait for it. Any news will be of great help. Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd September 2015, 07:21   #834
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abs182 View Post
Does anyone have any idea whether a face lifted version of the i10 grand is going to be launched soon? I read online that a 2015 version of the car is being launched in Indonesia. It's got DRL and a full touch screen audio system. I'm in the market to buy one and wanted some update before I finalise the current version. If it's going to be launched i can wait for it. Any news will be of great help. Thanks in advance.

There seems to be no news on this in India at least. This car should be around 3 years old now and it is possible that Hyundai will do a mid life update, though not sure when.With it selling over 10k units a month, I don't expect anything major to happen with the update. An aftermarket touchscreen can be easily added to the existing car. If you are buying I would recommend that you buy it now. At least in Bangalore they are advertising discounts up to 50k. If and when the facelift is launched the car will easily be another 35-40k costlier than the current model and without discounts. You could save atleast 70k if bought now. My experience with buying cars is that if there is a need buy now. All car prices are always heading north. My two cents.

Last edited by Arjun Reddy : 22nd September 2015 at 07:22.
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:29   #835
BHPian

I own a Grand i10 purchased in April 2015. I did my first servicing somewhere in month of June during which engine oil/transmission oil was not changed. The service center informed that they will change oil in second servicing. However second servicing is after 8 months/10,000 km whichever is earlier. My question is, isn't it mandatory to change the oil in first servicing itself ?
Old 22nd September 2015, 10:33   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autolock123 View Post
I own a Grand i10 purchased in April 2015. I did my first servicing somewhere in month of June during which engine oil/transmission oil was not changed. The service center informed that they will change oil in second servicing. However second servicing is after 8 months/10,000 km whichever is earlier. My question is, isn't it mandatory to change the oil in first servicing itself ?
Even I had put forward the same question to the SA. He said, according to Hyundai guidelines the first oil change happens at 10K kms.
Old 24th September 2015, 00:22   #837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autolock123 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Even I had put forward the same question to the SA. He said, according to Hyundai guidelines the first oil change happens at 10K kms.
As per Hyundai and several manufacturers, changing the engine oil at the first service is not mandatory. Changing the engine oil at 10K kms is absolutely fine and will not have any major impact to the engine durability. However, it is recommended by most enthusiasts and even TBhp.

Refer to http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...tml#post326557

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Team-BHP recommends that you change your engine oil after the first 1,000 km. As with all new engines, you will find that some metal slivers have found their way into the oil. From this point onward you can stick to the manufacturer recommended intervals.
Burn_out is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 12:43   #838
BHPian

I have Grand i10 Magna which does not come with a factory fitted stereo. I bought a OEM stereo off OLX.COM from a Grand i10 Asta owner since he has upgraded. Since Magna does not have AUX and USB ports. Is there a way to install Hyundai USB and AUX ports? If not, any aftermarket alternative?
Old 5th October 2015, 19:47   #839
BHPian

I have a Grand i10 sportz which does not come with a seat height adjuster. Now as we all know, in i10 we need to 'sit down' and drive and this has become a matter of concern since my Grandfather is not comfortable with such a driving position.
He's been driving an aged Santro currently and since that car has started throwing numerous tantrums almost every week, I am urging him to use the i10 which is standing unused for most of the days.
But coming from a Santro, he's just not ready to drive the Grand i10 due to its low slung driving position.
Also, he finds the bite of it's breaks to be too sharp for his liking.
Any solution to his problems? Or should I just sell it off and get a tall boy hatch for him?
Old 6th October 2015, 18:03   #840
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
I have a Grand i10 sportz which does not come with a seat height adjuster. Now as we all know, in i10 we need to 'sit down' and drive and this has become a matter of concern since my Grandfather is not comfortable with such a driving position.
He's been driving an aged Santro currently and since that car has started throwing numerous tantrums almost every week, I am urging him to use the i10 which is standing unused for most of the days.
But coming from a Santro, he's just not ready to drive the Grand i10 due to its low slung driving position.
Also, he finds the bite of it's breaks to be too sharp for his liking.
Any solution to his problems? Or should I just sell it off and get a tall boy hatch for him?
If I may suggest, considering your Grandfather's requirements, upgrading to an i10 from the Santro makes more sense(than the Grand i10). Bear in mind though that the i10 is only available with the 1.1L iRDe2 engine now. The Grand i10's low seat position is unsuitable for the elderly.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks