Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2015, 09:25   #856
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

One more observation. I usually check the engine oil levels once a month. Today I found that the levels are half way down compared to almost full last month. I think that is drastic. Next week is Durga puja so everything will be closed here in Kolkata. Will take it to the HAS after that.
g_saunak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 10:10   #857
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_saunak View Post
One more observation. I usually check the engine oil levels once a month. Today I found that the levels are half way down compared to almost full last month. I think that is drastic. Next week is Durga puja so everything will be closed here in Kolkata. Will take it to the HAS after that.
That is not good IMO. Do keep a spare 1L bottle in your car for the emergency.

Are you observing any leakage or white smoke?

I hope this isn't related to that 2.5 hour idling issue!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 11:29   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
That is not good IMO. Do keep a spare 1L bottle in your car for the emergency.

Are you observing any leakage or white smoke?

I hope this isn't related to that 2.5 hour idling issue!
No. I do not see any leakage. I keep checking my parking spot after I take my car out for any sign of dripping. Nothing is there, no oily deposit. White smoke is also not there. Checked the air filter. Appears to be clean as well. The car shows no external or visible abnormality. Only the mileage is dropping gradually each month.
g_saunak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2015, 15:10   #859
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

@ g_saunak,
one more wild idea - have you checked your EGR valve for soot deposits ? did the A.S.S guy talk about it ? (i am guessing here that 1.2 kappa comes with EGR)
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2015, 17:31   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
@ g_saunak,
one more wild idea - have you checked your EGR valve for soot deposits ? did the A.S.S guy talk about it ? (i am guessing here that 1.2 kappa comes with EGR)
Will have to check on that. Thanks a bunch for the pointer. I am taking her to the ASS next week. Will let you know.
Old 18th October 2015, 10:37   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Or it could just because of the heat.

I had noticed a similar drop in coolant level in our 2015 i10 about three months ago.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3752795

After checkup, it was found that there was nothing wrong and there were no leakages. All they did was too top off the coolant and said it was probably due to heat. Its been more than four months since the coolant was topped off, and the coolant level has more or less remained near the Full mark.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 15:45   #862
BHPian

Quote:
I faced the same issue on my i10 grand CRDI after it clocked 15k kms.

Symptoms:
1) Engine oil getting reduced
2) Vehicle pickup reduced
3) black smoke emitting from exhaust on acceleration

Its was a serious problem due to defective Turbo charger(costs 85 k Rs).
Luckily it was covered under warranty.

I request you to get it checked ASAP
AshiqueS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 15:44   #863
BHPian

The brakes in my Grand i10 become sticky when I start off in the morning. A light braking also brings the car to a sudden halt. This happens for 2-3 times and after that returns to its normal behavior. Has somebody else experienced this in a similar or other car? How to get rid of this problem?
Old 28th October 2015, 15:56   #864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
The brakes in my Grand i10 become sticky when I start off in the morning. A light braking also brings the car to a sudden halt. This happens for 2-3 times and after that returns to its normal behavior. Has somebody else experienced this in a similar or other car? How to get rid of this problem?
Is your car washed regularly? It could be that the water is causing rust on the brake discs - the rust causes the brakes to grab suddenly (and not progressively). After a few braking cycles, the rust is scrubbed off the disc, and normal service is resumed.

This is not something to be worried about, the remedy is to use the brakes a few times in a safe place to scrub them.
arunphilip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 16:00   #865
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Is your car washed regularly? It could be that the water is causing rust on the brake discs - the rust causes the brakes to grab suddenly (and not progressively). After a few braking cycles, the rust is scrubbed off the disc, and normal service is resumed.

This is not something to be worried about, the remedy is to use the brakes a few times in a safe place to scrub them.
The car is washed only once a month. I have an outside parking area.
50metres from the parking spot is the main road where I have to take a left turn for office amidst the crazy traffic of Bangalore and i have to be very careful. I have already got a few nasty stares.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 19:25   #866

I have just completed 40K km on my grand i10 diesel (magna variant 2013 manufactured) and is due for service this week.

I have always given the car to the Hyundai authorised service center for the first three free services. Personally, I do feel that the maintenance cost for the diesel grand i10 is not cheap.

For the four services that I have done till date which includes three labour free and one paid service, I have followed the following service interval.

1) Engine oil (15W40 Indian oil servo CRDI mineral) and oil filter change at every 10k kms or 1 year.

2) Air filter change at every 15k kms though the replacement is mentioned as 10k in the manual. Again this depends upon your driving conditions, if you drive a lot in dusty conditions change at 10k kms. The air filter costs 200rs and can be changed as a DIY.

3) I have replaced the diesel fuel filter at 30k kms, but the service manual specifies a change at 20k kms ( Again this depends on where you fill your fuel regularly, & if noticeable drop in performance is experienced due to clogged fuel filter). This part costs 1240 rupees without labour.

The diesel fuel filter is the most expensive service part to be replaced, I would recommend that it be replaced only during the paid annual service every 20k kms as you will save on seperate labour charges for replacement of the fuel filter. Also please ask your service advisor to drain water from the diesel fuel filter at eack 10k/ 1 year service.

Though the diesel fuel filter looks difficult to access & replace as it is placed behind the battery and ECU, HASS replaces the filter by raising the vehicle, disconnect the water in fuel sensor from the bottom of the filter and then unscrew the filter using a wrench. This process takes hardly 15 minutes as oppossed to removing the battery and ECU to access the filter.

4) Please refrain from doing jobs such as Engine decarbonization, Engine Flush, EGR valve cleaning, Wiper wash fluid top up which may be pushed on to you by your service advisor as these jobs are not specified in the manual and only add up to the service cost without any improvement in vehicle performance.

5) I would personally not recommend wheel alignment and balancing to be done at the HASS as their charges are quite high as compared to the same job done outside at a good tyre shop.

Front Brake caliper greasing may be done if squeaks are heard while braking, while rear drum brakes may be cleaned at every alternate service interval as the labour charges are quite expensive for this job at HASS.

Overall it has been a very pleasant two years of ownership of the diesel grand i10. I would like to get the car serviced outside at a private garage this time as I find labour charges at HASS too expensive.

I have heard a lot about Hyundai selling parts off the counter through its authorized parts distribution arm Mobis but I am unable to find the authorised dealer for hyundai genuine parts in Mangalore, karnataka where I live. I have visited many auto spare parts shops and most of them have parts but not hyundai genuine parts and clueless about who sells it. The dealer ( Advaith Hyundai) does not sell parts off the counter and I have even wriiten multiple emails to Hyundai Mobis but have not received any reply. In comparison to Hyundai, Maruti Suzuki has a much better off the counter parts dealership network as I have experienced it first hand owning and buying spares in the past when I used to own an alto.

I would be very grateful if fellow t-bhpians in and around Mangalore could give me details from where they procure genuine hyundai spares and any good garages they know of that services diesel hyundai's other than HASS.
thrust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 03:36   #867
BHPian

I am looking for the original grand i10 alloys that come with the asta version; can someone suggest where and how I can get them?

thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 09:05   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust View Post
I have always given the car to the Hyundai authorised service center for the first three free services. Personally, I do feel that the maintenance cost for the diesel grand i10 is not cheap.

Overall it has been a very pleasant two years of ownership of the diesel grand i10. I would like to get the car serviced outside at a private garage this time as I find labour charges at HASS too expensive.
Is the service interval for the diesel also once a year? I have had a Hyundai since a few years now.A Santro Xing & now a Gi10. The costs haven't pinched me much. The HASS does a good job and I don't think its worth it to get work done from outside. It's a matter of saving a couple of thousands once a year for routine maintenance and service.Not worth the effort in my opinion. Do you have an extended warranty package on your car?

+1 on getting alignment, balancing & rotation done from outside.
Old 8th November 2015, 15:35   #869

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Is the service interval for the diesel also once a year? I have had a Hyundai since a few years now.A Santro Xing & now a Gi10. The costs haven't pinched me much. The HASS does a good job and I don't think its worth it to get work done from outside. It's a matter of saving a couple of thousands once a year for routine maintenance and service.Not worth the effort in my opinion. Do you have an extended warranty package on your car?

+1 on getting alignment, balancing & rotation done from outside.

promit,

The service interval for the diesel as well as petrol grand i10 as mentioned in the user manual is 10,000 km / once a year whichever comes earlier.

I agree with you that the difference in servicing costs at HASS with a neighbourhood garage for routine maintenance once a year will be around a few thousand. Personally, I do feel that with the increase in the number of vehicles at the HASS, the service is not upto the mark as compared to what they charge for and is almost comparable to a local garage service for regular service (engine oil & all filter change).

During my last free service at 30K kms at HASS, I checked the engine oil level after the car was delivered and found it to be much above the 'F' mark upon checking with the engine oil dip stick. This was brought to the notice of the service advisor who first tried to put off the issue but upon insistence, the oil was drained to below the 'F' mark. I was charged for 4.7 litres of mineral oil as specified in the manual. This made me to think whether the they actually drained out all the engine oil before filling in the new oil.

I will stick with the HASS even for paid service till such time that I find a trust worthy garage. The labour costs at HASS for every 10k kms/1 year service includes Periodic Maintenance Service (PMS) which is basically the labour charge for change of engine oil, and also change of oil filter, air filter and fuel filter included. This labour works out to around Rs 1355 (tax excluded) for the grand i10. In comparison, if you would like to change the engine oil before 10k kms, then HASS charges only Rs 130 labour charges for the engine oil change and does not include the PMS labour charge.
I have also attached the labour charges of the Grand i10 for differnt jobs.

I have not taken an extended warranty on my car as I was sure to cover up 30k kms in two years and issues, if any would crop up during the two year warranty period.

Thanks
thrust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2015, 15:41   #870

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
I am looking for the original grand i10 alloys that come with the asta version; can someone suggest where and how I can get them?

thanks
Hi barcode,

The asta variant grand i10 alloys, both standard and diamond cut ones are available on 99rpm.com. The Hyundai part number is also listed on the website.

You could give the part number to the authorized hyundai service center in your area and could procure the alloys. Alternatively, the alloys can also be brought from the Hyundai Mobis distributor in your city.

Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks