Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th November 2015, 17:38   #871
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust View Post
Hi barcode,

The asta variant grand i10 alloys, both standard and diamond cut ones are available on 99rpm.com. The Hyundai part number is also listed on the website.

You could give the part number to the authorized hyundai service center in your area and could procure the alloys. Alternatively, the alloys can also be brought from the Hyundai Mobis distributor in your city.

Thanks
Thanks! 99rpm is currently not delivering Hyundai parts, I have checked with them. Let me check them out with the Mobis Distributor. thanks!

Also: if anyone is selling their asta alloys, do feel free to PM me. Thanks.
Old 10th November 2015, 11:59   #872
BHPian

I want to install an aftermarket shark fin antenna in my Grand i10. This will be a DIY. I am not much worried about the reception since the FM radio works great in Bangalore city limits even without the OEM antenna (with only the antenna base).

Now, my question is will it void the warranty by any chance? Please suggest.
Old 10th November 2015, 13:17   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by barcode View Post
I am looking for the original grand i10 alloys that come with the asta version; can someone suggest where and how I can get them?

thanks
Have you tried getting them through your local Hyundai dealership? I have seen a few Gi10 Magna and Sportz cars with Asta silver finish alloys, I assume the owners got those alloys through the dealership.
Old 15th November 2015, 15:31   #874
BHPian

Hi guys,

This is my first post (excluding my introduction) on Team-BHP.

My mom always drove when we were back in the US. She drove a Toyota Sienna and then a Chrysler 300S. We then decided that we will move to India. She said she wouldn't drive in India due to the roads and traffic and stuff. After 6 years, I started pushing her to drive as I had to now catch an Auto-Rickshaw if I needed to go to tution and school. She reluctantly agreed and got her driving license. We then started looking for a car. My mom said if it wasn't an auto gear, she wouldn't drive. It had to be something compact so we decided on a hatch. My mom loved the Jazz. We went to Peninsular Honda to look at the Jazz. We were about to book a V CVT but the SA insisted that we get a Brio AT and he was trying to discourage us from getting the car. My mom hated the Brio at first site. Then came the Grand i10. It was love at first site. We didn't even take a test drive. We got in the showroom, booked the car and came out in about 15 minutes. Then the wait began, the SA from Ajith Hyundai was very helpful and he said it would take about 20 days for the car to arrive. We got the car in about 6 days. Paid the full amount, took delivery and drove her to the temple to offer prayers.The car is AWESOME to say the least and I will soon be putting up the ownership review. The car has run about 300 kms(thankfully ) and to say the least, I Love It. Whoever has a grand i10, can you guys tell me when the first service is due and what the ASS does to the car?

Thanks in advance.

-Adhi
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-image.jpeg  

Last edited by The Dude : 15th November 2015 at 15:40.
The Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 22:30   #875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satan's Valet View Post
Hi guys,

This is my first post (excluding my introduction) on Team-BHP.

My mom always drove when we were back in the US. She drove a Toyota Sienna and then a Chrysler 300S. We then decided that we will move to India. She said she wouldn't drive in India due to the roads and traffic and stuff. After 6 years, I started pushing her to drive as I had to now catch an Auto-Rickshaw if I needed to go to tution and school. She reluctantly agreed and got her driving license. We then started looking for a car. My mom said if it wasn't an auto gear, she wouldn't drive. It had to be something compact so we decided on a hatch. My mom loved the Jazz. We went to Peninsular Honda to look at the Jazz. We were about to book a V CVT but the SA insisted that we get a Brio AT and he was trying to discourage us from getting the car. My mom hated the Brio at first site. Then came the Grand i10. It was love at first site. We didn't even take a test drive. We got in the showroom, booked the car and came out in about 15 minutes. Then the wait began, the SA from Ajith Hyundai was very helpful and he said it would take about 20 days for the car to arrive. We got the car in about 6 days. Paid the full amount, took delivery and drove her to the temple to offer prayers.The car is AWESOME to say the least and I will soon be putting up the ownership review. The car has run about 300 kms(thankfully ) and to say the least, I Love It. Whoever has a grand i10, can you guys tell me when the first service is due and what the ASS does to the car?

Thanks in advance.

-Adhi

Does the AT come with airbag & ABS. I am considering an AT for my wife but ruled it out due to the absence of ABS & Airbags . The sad part is that its not even available as an option. The other point i feel is that a 4 speed gearbox will not be fuel efficient compared to a 5 speed available on the Brio. Another shocking point i noticed is that only Hyundai does not provide extended warranty for it AT versions, all other manufacturers do provide the same.

Your feedbacks are welcome in this regard.
Old 15th November 2015, 23:32   #876
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hurricane View Post
Does the AT come with airbag & ABS. I am considering an AT for my wife but ruled it out due to the absence of ABS & Airbags . The sad part is that its not even available as an option. The other point i feel is that a 4 speed gearbox will not be fuel efficient compared to a 5 speed available on the Brio. Another shocking point i noticed is that only Hyundai does not provide extended warranty for it AT versions, all other manufacturers do provide the same.

Your feedbacks are welcome in this regard.
No, ABS & Airbags are still not offered even as option. FE of Brio (14+) certainly better than Grand i10 (9+) in the city conditions.
Old 15th November 2015, 23:59   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another shocking point i noticed is that only Hyundai does not provide extended warranty for it AT versions, all other manufacturers do provide the same.
This is indeed strange - I had bought 3rd and 4th year extended warranty on my 2009 i10 AT. I clearly remember the price was a little higher for the AT model than MT models.
Old 16th November 2015, 00:54   #878
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
This is indeed strange - I had bought 3rd and 4th year extended warranty on my 2009 i10 AT. I clearly remember the price was a little higher for the AT model than MT models.
I have checked for the Grand i10 AT, Xcent AT, Verna 4S AT none of them have extended warranty for the Automatic version while their manual versions have it. Looks like Hyundai is certainly not confident on the reliability of their AT versions. Not giving Airbags & ABS even as an option is not accepted at all
Old 16th November 2015, 14:03   #879
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have checked for the Grand i10 AT, Xcent AT, Verna 4S AT none of them have extended warranty for the Automatic version while their manual versions have it. Looks like Hyundai is certainly not confident on the reliability of their AT versions. Not giving Airbags & ABS even as an option is not accepted at all
Another thumbs down for Hyundai AT models then.

They were one of the pioneers of small car AT once (i10 AT, i20 AT) - but IMO going downhill with using the old 4 speed box on newer cars, not having ABS+Airbags on AT variants, and now no extended warranty on AT models.

The competition is catching up (and in some cases have exceeded), and AT car sales are on the rise for all segments. Hyundai should make a note of this if they don't want to be the laggards in the niche segment they once dominated.
Old 17th November 2015, 00:09   #880

Quote:

The car is AWESOME to say the least and I will soon be putting up the ownership review. The car has run about 300 kms(thankfully ) and to say the least, I Love It. Whoever has a grand i10, can you guys tell me when the first service is due and what the ASS does to the car?

Thanks in advance.

-Adhi

Hi Satan's Valet,

Welcome and hope you have a wonderful experience on team-bhp. Congrats on your new Grand i10 automatic.

The grand i10 automatic is indeed an excellent choice for its looks and driveability. Where the grand i10 auto loses out is on the safety front where abs and airbag is not offered at all- even as an option. Also the four speed torque convertor is a letdown compared to the competition which inturn compromises with the fuel efficiency.

Regarding the first service, it is due after one month/ 5000 km whichever is earlier. The first service is a free service & no charge included. It consists only of a general checkup of the vehicle and a full body wash & interior cleaning. The service advisor at the workshop may try to push on extra paid services like underbody coat, teflon paint coat etc which you may avoid.

Thanks
thrust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 11:36   #881
BHPian

I have a query regarding syncing of contacts on the car's system. Till a few months ago, I had a Samsung S3 which was rooted running Cyanogenmod 11. It used to sync contacts and call logs seamlessly. All the contacts were displayed by name on the car's screen when making/receiving calls and while scrolling through the call list.
After changing to an S5 (Stock Lollipop), I am able to sync logs. But only by phone numbers, not by contact names. I really want contacts to show up by name. I am unable to sync contacts either. Has anyone else faced this? I have tried syncing with the car multiple times and by trying to sync only device contacts, only google contacts etc.
promit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 11:48   #882
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
I have a query regarding syncing of contacts on the car's system. Till a few months ago, I had a Samsung S3 which was rooted running Cyanogenmod 11. It used to sync contacts and call logs seamlessly. All the contacts were displayed by name on the car's screen when making/receiving calls and while scrolling through the call list.
After changing to an S5 (Stock Lollipop), I am able to sync logs. But only by phone numbers, not by contact names. I really want contacts to show up by name. I am unable to sync contacts either. Has anyone else faced this? I have tried syncing with the car multiple times and by trying to sync only device contacts, only google contacts etc.
Try this: Reset the system by switching off the master fuse switch from the fuse box. Wait for 20 mins (preferably 30). Switch it back again. The clock and sound settings will go back to default mode. Set as preferred.

Sync your phone again.

This worked for me when i faced a similar issue.
sidzz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 13:13   #883
BHPian

Quote:
Hi guys,

Whoever has a grand i10, can you guys tell me when the first service is due and what the ASS does to the car?

Thanks in advance.

-Adhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust View Post
Hi Satan's Valet,

Welcome and hope you have a wonderful experience on team-bhp. Congrats on your new Grand i10 automatic.

Regarding the first service, it is due after one month/ 5000 km whichever is earlier.

Thanks

Hi,

The first service for my Grand i10 Diesel was at 1200-1500 KM or 2 months from date of delivery. See below.

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-1st-service.jpg

Is it different for Automatic or Petrol ? I don't think so as the service check list behind this coupon is common for Petrol, Diesel & Petrol Automatic.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 21:19   #884
BHPian

Guys, I have a question.

I have tried opening the boot with the remote button, it does not work. Is there a problem with the car? I'm going to ask about it at the first service but I thought I would ask here first. Does the boot open with the remote-button on all your cars?

Thanks in advance

-Adhi
Old 24th November 2015, 21:48   #885
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I have a question.

I have tried opening the boot with the remote button, it does not work. Is there a problem with the car? I'm going to ask about it at the first service but I thought I would ask here first. Does the boot open with the remote-button on all your cars?

Thanks in advance

-Adhi
The boot is linked to the central locking. If the car is unlocked the boot can be released by pressing the button in boot below the 'H' logo. Unlike the boot in older i10 which gets released by pressing the boot release button from inside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks