Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2016, 17:06   #946
BHPian

over steering issue

Hi Friends ,

My grand i 10 AT is now almost 2 years old. It's normally driven within city by my wife and has low running. We use our Ford Fiesta for highway drives. But this time we decided to take it out on a highway as even wife wanted to drive. While on a narrow road I was trying to overtake a vehicle at about 40 kms per hour , when that vehicle was parallel to me , it steered little close to me and hence to separate myself i tried quickly to steer away from it. The steering of grand i 10 over steered which sacred me a lot , luckily i could control it without any mishap. But the feeling was very scary and strange. Is this a typical Hyundai steering or something could be wrong in my Grand i 10. I have never found the steering of i 10 to be as comfortable / controllable as Fiesta's.

regards
Amol
Old 12th January 2016, 11:54   #947
BHPian

Re: over steering issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
Hi Friends ,
--snip--While on a narrow road I was trying to overtake a vehicle at about 40 kms per hour , when that vehicle was parallel to me , it steered little close to me and hence to separate myself i tried quickly to steer away from it. The steering of grand i 10 over steered which sacred me a lot , luckily i could control it without any mishap.
--snip--
I have never found the steering of i 10 to be as comfortable / controllable as Fiesta's.

regards
Amol
Hey Amol

Glad that you could take control of the situation and get yourself out without any harm.
I am sure that the experts can comment better, but the i10 grand steering is indeed lighter than most of the cars our there. Compared to my earlier swift too, this is a lot lighter - while this is a boon in city traffic and parking, it is a bit scary when it comes to highway driving. There is no doubt that Fords are famed (at least in their earlier avatars) for their steering, and so are the Fiats'. Comparatively, Hyundai's are 'renowned' for their light(er) steering.
turboturtle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 16:50   #948
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

A question to other grand i10 owners: The grand i10 comes with decent sized black plastic claddings on the front bumper and on the doors. Is there any way to ensure that these don't fade away into oblivion? have seen a lot of older grand i10s where this problem is glaringly present. I currently use UWW for cleaning and am applying the same on the cladding as well, but if there is a specific product which works well and is VFM, kindly suggest.

Not sure if it should be posted here or in the detailing forums - mods, please move if necessary.
Old 13th January 2016, 20:47   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post
but if there is a specific product which works well and is VFM, kindly suggest.
I use dashboard shiner every 2-3 weeks or so on the side strip, roof rails, front bumper area and base of the A pilar. Works decently well.
Old 15th January 2016, 17:10   #950
BHPian

Hey folks,

We just took delivery of our Grand i10 Sportz model. The car seems really nice and an awesome VFM proposal so far.

One quick question:
Does the Sportz model also have the auto folding/unfolding ORVM feature while locking/unlocking the car?

Or is all that drama available only on the higher variants?
Old 16th January 2016, 13:21   #951

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
Hey folks,

We just took delivery of our Grand i10 Sportz model. The car seems really nice and an awesome VFM proposal so far.

One quick question:
Does the Sportz model also have the auto folding/unfolding ORVM feature while locking/unlocking the car?

Congratulations for your new Car. Excellent choice!
Well the sportz does not have auto folding/unfolding of ORVMs. It is available only on the Asta variant.

However you can still operate the ORVMs using a button on the driver side panel.

Good luck with your ride!
Old 18th January 2016, 15:19   #952
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnadevjs View Post
Hey folks,

One quick question:

Congratulations on your new acquisition krishnadevjs. Here's wishing you many miles of happy and safe motoring! As apurva_mistry said, Sportz doesn't come with auto folding on lock, but does have an internal electronic control for this.

In the meantime, 600 kilometers completed so far

Finally utlized the long weekend to get the car under chassis + silencer coating done at 3M Basaveshwaranagar on Saturday, and more importantly, 'glass coating' + plastics protection done by Mohsin at Ultimate Detailerz on Sunday. Links to the respective forum threads here.
1. 3M Anti Corrosion Treatment experience: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3893022

2. Ultimate Detailers C-Quartz Finest Paint Protection Coat + C-Quartz DLUX Plastic Protection experience: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/bangal...ml#post3893061
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_2562.jpg  

Old 20th January 2016, 14:53   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboturtle View Post
That's nice to know that the parts were replaced under warranty. But it's it normal the turbo and the ABS sensor malfunctions happen so early in grand i10? Looking at the good doctor's note, seems it's just about two years old.
My I10 grand sportz diesal had turbo failure in 18000kms .
Luckily it was covered under warranty (warranty expiration was 2 months away).
I have extended warranty by another 1 year now to avoid future heart attacks.
Old 28th January 2016, 11:01   #954
BHPian

I have been observing this from yesterday. The pickup of my G i10 petrol reduces drastically with AC on in bumper to bumper traffic. Without AC it is fine.
I literally have to rev to 3K rpm to get the car moving.
What could be wrong? Has anybody faced similar issues.
The car has clocked only 3.5k Kms.
Old 12th February 2016, 12:24   #955
Distinguished - BHPian

Seeing the trend in AMT's ( from competition) and customers preference for this in city driving conditions, Hyundai Grand i10 AMT to launch in September.

http://motoroctane.com/news/25070-hy...mber-exclusive
Old 12th February 2016, 14:43   #956
Team-BHP Support

That's taking a step back I feel for a car that already provides a conventional AT. Customers like automatics. AMTs are just a medium. If they already provide a Torque converter AT why change that to AMT. Will they reduce price for end customer?
Old 12th February 2016, 15:34   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
That's taking a step back I feel for a car that already provides a conventional AT. Customers like automatics. AMTs are just a medium. If they already provide a Torque converter AT why change that to AMT. Will they reduce price for end customer?
I'm thinking they're turning it into AMT due to the FE. I'm getting a laughable 5 kmpl in City conditions. AMT however will give the Manual FE right?
Old 12th February 2016, 17:39   #958
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
I'm thinking they're turning it into AMT due to the FE. I'm getting a laughable 5 kmpl in City conditions. AMT however will give the Manual FE right?

That might be true. I've heard Hyundai A/Ts have generally been infamously guzzly. But I still feel they should then reduce price. Or at least offer basics like air bags. AMT should bring it much closer to MT figures.
Old 13th February 2016, 13:59   #959
BHPian

Hi guys just a couple of queries. My Grand i10 is 14k kms and 22 months old, it will be due for its 2 year service soon. Couple of questions I had in mind. Would really appreciate some pointers & thoughts on the points below.

1) The blower makes a racket,even if it's set at 1 or 2. I can't remember how it was when I bought the car, but I've had multiple people point it out to me. It's extremely noticeable especially when the music is off. I compared it to my other cars and it is indeed loud. Is there something wrong? Something stuck perhaps? I distinctly remember someone mentioning somewhere perhaps on this thread that the blower is indeed loud and its a flaw. Can't figure it out.

2) My car's AC is not working as it should, like on a sunny January day in Delhi it was struggling to cool. Can't help but think there has been a leakage of refrigerant or something. I will have to get this checked! Has anyone had any issues with their air-conditioner this early in their ownership period?

3) I have noticed a slight creaking noise once in a while from the steering while parking in the during while turning the wheel entirely to the left or right. Could this be simple greasing required or more urgent?

4) I have a very strong feeling that the road noise with the stock Goodyears has increased a lot compared to the early days. Can't help but wait for them to wear out. Horrible tires!

Apart from this, I am very happy with the car. I got my best ever fuel consumption last month. The car's bluetooth refused to sync contacts and call records from my stock Samsung S5, however contacts and call history synced fine with my earlier Cyanogenmod rooted S3. I switched to iOS recently, and I had no idea it's a made for iPod system. Can scroll through phone's music library from the system itself when it's connect via usb. Pretty nifty!

I didn't opt for extended warranty, I am planning to purchase the same before my initial two years runs out in April.
Old 19th February 2016, 17:21   #960
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello Team,
I have a doubt regarding turbo charger type in Grand i10 diesel. Is it a FGT or VGT? Various media reports during launch claimed it to be VGT. Hyundai has never mentioned in their official website that it is vgt. They do mention VGT for verna and i20.I am posting a picture of turbo charger in my grand i10
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_20160219_093144.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img20160219wa0005.jpg  

Last edited by Eddy : 19th February 2016 at 20:09. Reason: Merged. Please use the report post functionality for such requests. Thanks

Most Viewed