Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2016, 19:36   #961
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Hello Team,
I have a doubt regarding turbo charger type in Grand i10 diesel. Is it a FGT or VGT?
It cannot be a VGT. It is FGT.

Look at this post by BHPian Arch-Angel

Quote:
Engine:

8V SOHC - FGT turbo on the figo vs (i am assuming the 3 cyl is the same diesel engine without one cylinder) 16V DOHC 3 Cyl - FGT Turbo on the i10 grand.
SOURCE: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3210236

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th February 2016 at 19:37.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2016, 21:34   #962
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It cannot be a VGT. It is FGT.

Look at this post by BHPian Arch-Angel

SOURCE: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3210236
Thanks for confirming buddy!!
My SX4 has VGT and it looks different than grand i10. Few months back, I had tried remapping my Grand i10 with Code 6 bangalore and tuner was reluctant to agree turbo is FGT and he did the remap considering it as VGT and there was hardly any power again. I got back my stock map.
P. S. Race dynamics has sent me single channel tuning box for a trial yesterday and intial impressions are good. I will take a call on buying the box in few days
Old 25th February 2016, 19:35   #963
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Hey all,

Has anyone opted for a reverse parking camera in their G-i10 ? We are buying one for my wife and I think it will be useful for her.

The price list I got from Trident Hyundai is kind of inflated, they are charging Rs. 8.5K for dashboard mounted LCD and reverse parking camera where as the price for the LCD in 'OE' IRVM with reverse parking camera is Rs. 15k.

I guess the 'OE' mirror must be the same from the i20 which is auto-dimming and has built-in LCD for reverse camera. I couldn't find the price of OE Auto-dimming electro-chromic IRVM from i20 which has built-in LCD.

Are there any good after market options ? I searched and found many but don't know about the reliability of these accessories.
Old 26th February 2016, 16:31   #964

Hi,

My Grand i10 Asta(O) petrol variant just got it's first service done(2 months). From the past two weeks I've been noticing a flutter like noise from the seat diagonal to the driver's seat. This noise is intermittent and more audible while on bad patches of road. Sometimes it sounds quite glassy and sometimes it feels as if coming from something grating against the tyre. The service person told that he checked the suspension and couldn't find anything wrong there. He allayed my concern by saying that the noise could be because of the seat belt metallic holder rubbing against the plastic.

Has anyone else faced the same issue. Even after service the noise just refuses to go away. The car is otherwise in perfect condition.

Thanks in advance
Sudheesh
Bring Sally up is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 17:17   #965
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Sally up View Post
Hi,

My Grand i10 Asta(O) petrol variant just got it's first service done(2 months). From the past two weeks I've been noticing a flutter like noise from the seat diagonal to the driver's seat. This noise is intermittent and more audible while on bad patches of road. Sometimes it sounds quite glassy and sometimes it feels as if coming from something grating against the tyre. The service person told that he checked the suspension and couldn't find anything wrong there. He allayed my concern by saying that the noise could be because of the seat belt metallic holder rubbing against the plastic.

Has anyone else faced the same issue. Even after service the noise just refuses to go away. The car is otherwise in perfect condition.

Thanks in advance
Sudheesh
Exactly the same issue in my 6 months old grand i10. I did quiet a lot of investigations but all in vain. Now that I have company I hope this will get resolved soon.
Old 26th February 2016, 18:02   #966
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Sally up View Post
From the past two weeks I've been noticing a flutter like noise from the seat diagonal to the driver's seat. This noise is intermittent and more audible while on bad patches of road. Sometimes it sounds quite glassy and sometimes it feels as if coming from something grating against the tyre. The service person told that he checked the suspension and couldn't find anything wrong there. He allayed my concern by saying that the noise could be because of the seat belt metallic holder rubbing against the plastic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Exactly the same issue in my 6 months old grand i10. I did quiet a lot of investigations but all in vain. Now that I have company I hope this will get resolved soon.
This is most probably caused by something related to the rear seat or seat belts.

Have you fitted seat covers? Especially the Hyundai Mobis type seat covers that completely cover the rear seat back?

I faced a similar issue in my i-gen i20. There was a sound coming from the left rear of the car, especially when that particular wheel went through potholes and bumps.

I initially thought it was something from the suspension, but then realised the noise wasn't there before I put in seat covers (purchased about two or three months after the car). So I could narrow it down to something related to the seat.

Immediately, I folded the 60-split portion of the rear seat back forward, and the noise was completely gone! So it was indeed something that was caused by the addition of the rear seat cover.

I dismantled the 60 portion of the rear seat backrest to examine it and identify what was causing the noise. It turns out that the seat has an internal metal back plate within the fabric for safety reasons (this is to prevent luggage intrusion from the boot, and some cars have an external metal back plate for the same).

The Mobis seat cover is the "cover all" type i.e. it completely covers the seat back unlike the aftermarket covers. The fit is very tight, and one has to make an effort to get it over the seat back. This extremely tight fit was causing the metal back plate to bend slightly and cause the metallic noise.

Have you guys tried driving the car with the rear seat back folded forward? Even a normal aftermarket seat cover can cause this kind of noise, if it's fitted too tightly.

Last edited by RSR : 26th February 2016 at 18:23.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 18:31   #967
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieDarko View Post
Hey all,

Has anyone opted for a reverse parking camera in their G-i10 ? We are buying one for my wife and I think it will be useful for her.

The price list I got from Trident Hyundai is kind of inflated, they are charging Rs. 8.5K for dashboard mounted LCD and reverse parking camera where as the price for the LCD in 'OE' IRVM with reverse parking camera is Rs. 15k.

I guess the 'OE' mirror must be the same from the i20 which is auto-dimming and has built-in LCD for reverse camera. I couldn't find the price of OE Auto-dimming electro-chromic IRVM from i20 which has built-in LCD.

Are there any good after market options ? I searched and found many but don't know about the reliability of these accessories.
Well, I have company now. Please tell update on whether you're getting or not and the cost please. I've been looking for a rear cam for my Grand i10 but all in vain. Either it was change the head-unit( which was a strict no-no by my mom) or add this screen kinda thing that covers the IRVM, which was not considered. I really like how the i20's cam is integrated in the IRVM and which to buy that. Any tips?
Old 29th February 2016, 10:39   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSR View Post
This is most probably caused by something related to the rear seat or seat belts.

Have you fitted seat covers? Especially the Hyundai Mobis type seat covers that completely cover the rear seat back?

I faced a similar issue in my i-gen i20. There was a sound coming from the left rear of the car, especially when that particular wheel went through potholes and bumps.

I initially thought it was something from the suspension, but then realised the noise wasn't there before I put in seat covers (purchased about two or three months after the car). So I could narrow it down to something related to the seat.

Immediately, I folded the 60-split portion of the rear seat back forward, and the noise was completely gone! So it was indeed something that was caused by the addition of the rear seat cover.

I dismantled the 60 portion of the rear seat backrest to examine it and identify what was causing the noise. It turns out that the seat has an internal metal back plate within the fabric for safety reasons (this is to prevent luggage intrusion from the boot, and some cars have an external metal back plate for the same).

The Mobis seat cover is the "cover all" type i.e. it completely covers the seat back unlike the aftermarket covers. The fit is very tight, and one has to make an effort to get it over the seat back. This extremely tight fit was causing the metal back plate to bend slightly and cause the metallic noise.

Have you guys tried driving the car with the rear seat back folded forward? Even a normal aftermarket seat cover can cause this kind of noise, if it's fitted too tightly.
Thanks for this.

I took off the seat cover and drove for sometime (It wasn't easy to take it out) and voila, the sound disappeared.

I then installed the seat cover again. This time taking care to fix it smoothly and slowly. There is no trace of that sound now.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 11:06   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
Well, I have company now. Please tell update on whether you're getting or not and the cost please. I've been looking for a rear cam for my Grand i10 but all in vain. Either it was change the head-unit( which was a strict no-no by my mom) or add this screen kinda thing that covers the IRVM, which was not considered. I really like how the i20's cam is integrated in the IRVM and which to buy that. Any tips?
Hi,
The one you are looking for is available on Amazon india for around 2500 Rs.
Here is the link: http://www.amazon.in/Rearview-Digital-Reverse-Monitor-Chevrolet/dp/B01AIB5JSS?tag=googinhydr18418-21&tag=googinkenshoo-21&ascsubtag=d45b6c85-aadd-4a3e-aad2-170b39f1bb9a
Old 29th February 2016, 14:14   #970
BHPian

Hi Folks

I have recently purchased the Grand I10 Magna model.
The Magna trim does not come with request sensors and autolocking doors.
But i have noticed that if you lock the doors while driving ; and then stop the car ,turn of the ignition and remove the key , the doors unlock automatically.
I have noticed this twice now.

Can any other Magna Owners second me on this.

P.S. : moderators, couldn't find a thread for the same , so posted it here. Please move the post if needed.
Old 29th February 2016, 14:23   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0N View Post
Hi Folks

But i have noticed that if you lock the doors while driving ; and then stop the car ,turn of the ignition and remove the key , the doors unlock automatically.

P.S. : moderators, couldn't find a thread for the same , so posted it here. Please move the post if needed.
This is how it is supposed to function.

The car will get unlocked once you remove the key from ignition.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 14:30   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ne0N View Post
Hi Folks

It isn't only for the manga trim. My Asta AT does the same. Lock it and after turning of the ignition, it automatically unlocks all the doors.
The Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 14:37   #973
BHPian

@The Dude and @sidzz

Thanks for the confirmation.
I didn't know if this was regular or was just happening with me.
Old 2nd March 2016, 12:06   #974
Distinguished - BHPian

I have driven around 1000 kms in my Grand i10 with diesel tronic single channel box. I had got the box for trial and finally made the payment yesterday.

I did timing of 30-80 in 3rd gear in S, P1 and P2 mode

S 12.6 s
P1 10. 4 s
P2 10.2 s

Mid range power increase is very evident and not very satisfied with top end. Remap would have been better for power across the entire rev range like my Wolf moto tuned SX4 diesel
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 12:53   #975
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello guys,
My ownership review is out here
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...uning-box.html

Last edited by theMAG : 4th March 2016 at 22:20. Reason: Corrected typo

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks