Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2016, 11:53   #976

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Hey y'all,

I have a petrol Grand i10 Sportz which I bought in Jan '14. I have done a little over 30K and got my fourth service done a week back. The service rep there said my clutch has started to wear out. My clutch used to feel hard sometimes and it used to get back to normal or so I thought. Since the past few months my car has been jerking two to three times when I lift my leg off the clutch. I have tried lifting my leg off the clutch both quickly and slowly. Still the car jerks more than once during the process. I usually rev the car to 1700-1800rpm while releasing the clutch. I have been doing this for many years now. I know it adds to the wear, but this was never a problem in our old Esteem. The service rep at Advaith Hyundai said that the avg lifespan of Grand i10 clutches are about 30-40K. I somehow don't believe the guy. Is anyone else facing clutch problems with their Grand?
Old 13th March 2016, 17:07   #977
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpentor11 View Post
Hey y'all,

I have a petrol Grand i10 Sportz which I bought in Jan '14. I have done a little over 30K and got my fourth service done a week back. The service rep there said my clutch has started to wear out. My clutch used to feel hard sometimes and it used to get back to normal or so I thought. Since the past few months my car has been jerking two to three times when I lift my leg off the clutch. I have tried lifting my leg off the clutch both quickly and slowly. Still the car jerks more than once during the process. I usually rev the car to 1700-1800rpm while releasing the clutch. I have been doing this for many years now. I know it adds to the wear, but this was never a problem in our old Esteem. The service rep at Advaith Hyundai said that the avg lifespan of Grand i10 clutches are about 30-40K. I somehow don't believe the guy. Is anyone else facing clutch problems with their Grand?
I suggest you to check with another service centre. I have a grand i10 diesel and driven around 59k kms with stock clutch.clutch in petrol cars has more life than diesel. 30-40k life for clutch is very hard to digest.
Old 21st March 2016, 22:26   #978
BHPian

Hi Fellows,

I have bought a Grand I10 Sports 1.2 and tried to download the contacts from my Mi REDMI 2 Prime using Bluetooth.

Strangely, it copied only 648 contacts (Max possible 1000) and some 500 odd contacts were not copied.

I have done lots of hit and trials but not able to sync the remaining contacts.

Please suggest if there is a way out.

Regards
Nitin
Old 23rd March 2016, 18:11   #979

Hi All

I am booking a Grand i10 Asta (option )

1) Does it have the Feature of Distance to Empty on the Instrument Cluster?

2) I am planning to Fit a Navigation system with Reverse by removing the Factory Fitted Audio system, I am getting it done by a recognized Accessories dealer is this advisable?

3) The Accessories dealer has confirmed that he will fit it to work with the steering Mounted Controls is this advisable I am planning to go in for a Blaupunkt system if the fitment is advisable please confirm if Blaupunkt is good enough? Awaiting your reply.

Regards

Srinath.C
Old 23rd March 2016, 21:09   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Scream View Post
1) Does it have the Feature of Distance to Empty on the Instrument Cluster?
It was a bit hard to digest initially, it does not have a DTE indicator.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2016, 13:06   #981

Hi Everyone. I had some discussion on insurance in another thread but since this thread is dedicated for Grand I 10 hence posting my query here.

I have booked a G I 10 Asta AT for which the SA has offered me Hyundai Insurance (B2B0 for ~25K. They said that I could take insurance from outside which will be cheaper (got quote from TAIG for 20k and Reliance 18.5k) but if I take Hyundai Insurance then it will be a hassle free insurance claim process when and if the need arises.

How much have you all paid for insurance for your G I 10 and also has anyone of you opted for Hyundai Insurance?
BlackPanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 07:23   #982
BHPian

The temperature adjustment dial of the A/C has always been tight since the time I bought my Grand i10. Since yesterday the dial is not going to the extreme right. It just goes to about 75-80 % of the red part of the temperature adjustment and then retracts to a position just after the mid position. AC is perfectly fine while using the cool mode. But am not getting the heater mode to work properly as the dial won't turn completely to the right (absolutely unnecessary for the current weather). So I have kept it in the back seat for the time being. Later during a service I might just get it checked. Any thoughts about this particular issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPanda View Post
Hi Everyone. I had some discussion on insurance in another thread but since this thread is dedicated for Grand I 10 hence posting my query here.

I have booked a G I 10 Asta AT for which the SA has offered me Hyundai Insurance (B2B0 for ~25K. They said that I could take insurance from outside which will be cheaper (got quote from TAIG for 20k and Reliance 18.5k) but if I take Hyundai Insurance then it will be a hassle free insurance claim process when and if the need arises.

How much have you all paid for insurance for your G I 10 and also has anyone of you opted for Hyundai Insurance?
I had opted for the Hyundai insurance the first year when I bought the car which was about 21k for b2b. Later the next year I got reliance for about 14k amd most recently for the current year I got L&T from coverfox.com for about 11k (all of them being b2b). Well over the last two years of ownership of a Hyundai what I have understood is try to get a good quote for insurance from various providers and see which one gives you cashless benefit at the Hyundai service centre nearest to the place that you are located. For example I stay n Rajaji Nagar, Bangalore and there is an advaith Hyundai about 6-7 kms from here that L&T insurance was willing to give cashless benefit in, so I preferred L&T as they were giving the best quote.

Last edited by ampere : 25th April 2016 at 19:27. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 29th March 2016, 07:38   #983
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazonater1911 View Post
The temperature adjustment dial of the A/C has always been tight since the time I bought my Grand i10. Since yesterday the dial is not going to the extreme right. It just goes to about 75-80 % of the red part of the temperature adjustment and then retracts to a position just after the mid position. AC is perfectly fine while using the cool mode. But am not getting the heater mode to work properly as the dial won't turn completely to the right (absolutely unnecessary for the current weather). So I have kept it in the back seat for the time being. Later during a service I might just get it checked. Any thoughts about this particular issue?
I have the same issue on my Xcent too.

However after repeated tries, it started moving freely one fine day . Have not bothered to check it since I hardly used heater in last winter since I was not in Delhi.
DCEite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2016, 11:01   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazonater1911 View Post
In my Grand i10 the knob is tight, but I have never faced issues of it retracting on its own.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2016, 10:21   #985
BHPian

The driver side ORVM can be opened by hand with a little force while it is in 'Closed' position. While the passenger side ORVM cannot be done so.

Has somebody faced this on their cars?
Old 20th April 2016, 21:28   #986
BHPian

My car is about to turn 2 next week. Car is due for service as well as insurance renewal. I have received a quote of 12.5K which is exactly the same I paid a year ago. Have insurance prices gone up?

I have also enquired about extended warranty and received the following quotes:
1. 3rd Year - 60,000 kms - Rs 4k
2. 3rd & 4th Year - 80,000 kms - Rs 10k
3. 3rd,4th & 5th Year - 100,000 kms - Rs 15k

Is it worth it? I had not opted for it at the time of purchase. Wear and tear items, electronics, plastic parts are not covered. I believe it majorly covers mechanicals, ac parts, transmission and engine.
Old 20th April 2016, 22:21   #987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Have insurance prices gone up?
Yes, the Third-Party component of the premium has gone up. I also paid almost the same amount this year as I paid last year when renewing my car's insurance.
Old 25th April 2016, 19:14   #988
BHPian

Has anybody faced windshield washer problems in their Grand i10?

Only a few droplets of water come out when the stalk is pulled. Tank has sufficient water.
Old 25th April 2016, 20:30   #989
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Has anybody faced windshield washer problems in their Grand i10?

Only a few droplets of water come out when the stalk is pulled. Tank has sufficient water.
Even I thought it is an issue. I was told it's normal and found the same in other grand i10s too. Water comes as droplets not with force like front
Old 25th April 2016, 20:35   #990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Even I thought it is an issue. I was told it's normal and found the same in other grand i10s too.
I doubt if it is "normal". I have seen it in a friends i20 yesterday, and the issue was with clogged nozzles. He put in a little bit of Harpic liquid to get rid of the calcium buildup - he was using normal hard tap water. I wouldnt recommend Harpic however, it will damage / discolor if it falls on plastic / metal. Better option would be to use a pin / needle to see if the nozzle is clogged.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks