Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2016, 09:57   #991
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Even I thought it is an issue. I was told it's normal and found the same in other grand i10s too. Water comes as droplets not with force like front
The water jet doesn't reach the windshield, there is no force. The droplets come out just for few seconds and stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ01 View Post
I doubt if it is "normal". I have seen it in a friends i20 yesterday, and the issue was with clogged nozzles. He put in a little bit of Harpic liquid to get rid of the calcium buildup - he was using normal hard tap water. I wouldnt recommend Harpic however, it will damage / discolor if it falls on plastic / metal. Better option would be to use a pin / needle to see if the nozzle is clogged.
I will perform a DIY and try to resolve this. I use tap water with few drops of liquid dish washer in it.
Old 26th April 2016, 10:02   #992
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
The water jet doesn't reach the windshield, there is no force. The droplets come out just for few seconds and stop.
I will perform a DIY and try to resolve this. I use tap water with few drops of liquid dish washer in it.
It should be clogged nozzle. Water comes as droplets and pours down the windshield in my grand i10.
Old 26th April 2016, 10:06   #993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
It should be clogged nozzle. Water comes as droplets and pours down the windshield in my grand i10.
I will investigate and update.

Though the probability of both the nozzles getting blocked at the same time is less.
Old 26th April 2016, 20:27   #994
BHPian

Well, i checked.

The nozzle isnt jammed. The water isnt flowing up to the nozzles which means the pipeline is jammed somewhere down near the tank. Will have it done at the service station. The next service is due in few days.
Old 28th April 2016, 10:35   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Well, i checked.

The nozzle isnt jammed. The water isnt flowing up to the nozzles
Hi,

In your next service insist on check of windscreen washer pump.
In my case, washer pump itself was not working properly. They tried all sort of eyewash but things did not improve. After a big lecture on safety threat and my demand for complete assembly change, they finally changed the washer pump. It's working well since last 8 months.

The washer pump is common for front & back. So if there is a problem on all the nozzles, it has something to do with pump.

No tap water please. Atleast use RO water with Shampoo.

Last edited by Wanderers : 28th April 2016 at 10:38.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2016, 11:26   #996
BHPian

Gave my car for 2nd free service today.

The SA called and said that the gearbox bedding is broken and needs to be replaced. He quoted Rs2500/- for the part.

Says the car had hit somewhere and the part got damaged.
Old 2nd May 2016, 22:44   #997
BHPian

Re: Driver airbag now standard on the Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent, optional on the Eon!

Ok, better sense prevailed and I finally upgraded Grand i10 variant to Asta (O) with Airbags+ABS+Diamond Cut Alloys.
Costed an additional Rs. 53K (approx.) + loan interest on the additional amount.

On date of delivery, the salesperson was hell-bent on charging us Rs. 5,000/- as cancellation fee of invoice of Asta variant.
We strongly protested that he/his outlet were at fault since they had prepared invoice without receiving full payment.
Even loan had not been applied/sanctioned/disbursed by the bank which all happened later on the date of delivery instead.

We asked him to cancel the booking instead (costing Rs. 3,000/-) as it would have saved us atleast Rs. 2,000/-.

The salesperson later came down to Rs. 2,000/- as cancellation fee.
We again asked him to cancel the booking instead.

Our bluff worked, and voila, he forgo the cancellation fee later.

I had done PDI of the car in sunlight first at time of our arrival at the dealership.
Manufacturing Date - March 2016.
But it has GoodYear tyres which I don't like.
I wanted Bridgestone.
Though, I saw Creta on display with GoodYear tyres too.
So, can't complain much.

We finally took delivery of my Grand i10 Asta(O) Sleek Silver later that evening without any cancellation fee and with all the discounts.

It took us close to 3 hours to take delivery of car.
Though they claim to deliver car in 45 minutes max.
My dad who had accompanied me left no chance to scold them and shame them for the entire fiasco and for ruining our day of joy.
Forget salesperson, he did not even spare the GM of the dealership.

Now just waiting for Even car registration number.
Bidding is open this week. Have applied for same.
Hopefully, will get one out of the 10 chosen numbers without additional cost.
Initial cost for same = Rs. 1,000/- (as registration fee)+ Rs. 20,000/- (reserve price) = Rs. 21,000/-.

What I have learned from this experience is that one should purchase vehicle from a dealership which has been in market for some time as they are experienced with experience staff including seniors/managers.
I purchased from one which was new in market and had new salespersons/staff with barely any experience or negotiating power, I later found out.

QUESTION:
How good are GoodYear tyres?
g_goyal2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2016, 11:08   #998
BHPian

Re: Driver airbag now standard on the Hyundai Grand i10 & Xcent, optional on the Eon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_goyal2000 View Post
Ok, better sense prevailed and I finally upgraded Grand i10 variant to Asta (O) with Airbags+ABS+Diamond Cut Alloys.
Congratulations! Wishing you millions of happy and safe miles with the new acquisition.

Would suggest you post in this thread to continue the discussion.
Old 4th May 2016, 23:39   #999

got the delivery of my car from Mohan Motors. Did PDI, clicked pictures etc. All done in 1 hour. SA had mistakenly promised a reverse camera although I knew that it did not come with one. WHen I pointed out that the car didn't have the promised cam, he apologised for the confusion and said that the camera will cost me 12.2k. Fortunately I knew this superior (had allowed them to set up demo cars in our company), they decided to give me a discount of 9K. Had to pay 3k for the camera. Got that installed. All in all a god experience.

Next additions lined up are - seat cover, GPS security, Teflon coating, windscreen film, amplifier/sub.

Question - Have anyone of you installed sub/amplifier? The dealer gave me a quote of 13k for an active sub. He said no amplifier is required. Not sure what to do. Default audio setup is very weak.

PS - Attaching list of accessories which they offered.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-acc.jpg  

Old 5th May 2016, 09:20   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPanda View Post

Question - Have anyone of you installed sub/amplifier? The dealer gave me a quote of 13k for an active sub. He said no amplifier is required. Not sure what to do. Default audio setup is very weak.

PS - Attaching list of accessories which they offered.
Congratulations on your new car.

The stock audio system is not great but it does the job. Play around and experiment with the settings. Otherwise, go in for components in the front and an amp.

Thanks for the accessory list. I have checked up 2-3 times in the last 2 years with my local dealership for fitment of a driver's armrest and have been politely declined each time. No other option but to check outside the dealer network.
promit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2016, 08:03   #1001
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys,
Is Hyundai planning to introduce safety features as an option in all the variants? I think I read it somewhere. My brother is leaning towards the Grand i10 Sportz version( petrol) which has all the necessary features except safety features. It's coming upto 6 on the road in Kochi while the Asta(O) comes at a 1 lakh premium. The problem is he's already on a stretched budget and the Grand i10 is too good to give it a miss!! An Asta(O) in the second hand market is also tough to come by!
Can you guys confirm?
Regards
Turbohead
Old 10th May 2016, 14:27   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbohead View Post
Hey guys,
Is Hyundai planning to introduce safety features as an option in all the variants? I think I read it somewhere. My brother is leaning towards the Grand i10 Sportz version( petrol) which has all the necessary features except safety features. It's coming upto 6 on the road in Kochi while the Asta(O) comes at a 1 lakh premium. The problem is he's already on a stretched budget and the Grand i10 is too good to give it a miss!! An Asta(O) in the second hand market is also tough to come by!
Can you guys confirm?
Regards
Turbohead
The information you are looking for is available here
tibby is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2016, 14:31   #1003
Senior - BHPian

For those who would like better output from Grand/Xcent inbuilt ICE, i suggest play around with "virtual sound settings" - enable PowerTreble/SurroundSound and also make sure the fader is set to +2 for Front. The front speakers have noticably better audio quality and bass as compared to the rear onces.
Old 18th May 2016, 11:09   #1004
BHPian

Looks like Hyundai has introduced more AT variants. It's now additionally available with Magna AND Asta(O).

The Asta(O) AT addition is bit late but is quite required given that many customers would have chucked it off the list as it doesn't have airbags and ABS whereas the Honda Brio is offering AT with VX trim that has airbags and ABS.
Old 18th May 2016, 11:25   #1005
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigvr View Post
Looks like Hyundai has introduced more AT variants. It's now additionally available with Magna AND Asta(O).

The Asta(O) AT addition is bit late but is quite required given that many customers would have chucked it off the list as it doesn't have airbags and ABS whereas the Honda Brio is offering AT with VX trim that has airbags and ABS.
Some of those customers would have bought Xcent SX(o) given the small price difference with Brio. But they removed Xcent SX(o) AT and introduced Grand i10 Asta AT.

Weird strategy. Can't see why these two variants can't co-exist.

Most Viewed