Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2016, 11:23   #1021
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Not sure why Hyundai keeps shuffling availability of automatic between variants. I have a 2010 Magna i10 Automatic and now I see automatic is no longer available with i10. Automatic is now available only with Grand i10.

With market maturing and more people going in for automatics, manufacturers should start providing automatic for all variants, not just 1 or 2 variants.
Old 4th June 2016, 23:40   #1022
BHPian

What kind of floor mats should I purchase for my Grand i10?
Fabric or PVC/plastic ones?

My car is of silver colour.
Which colour mats would be suitable?
Beige or Black?

FOR DELHIITES :

Can someone please suggest where can I buy floor mats with holes that attach to the floor mat anchors on driver side?
I could not find them in Palika Bhawan, R.K. Puram.
Any other place in South Delhi?
I do not want to buy from my Hyundai car dealer.
Old 5th June 2016, 12:04   #1023
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_goyal2000 View Post
I do not want to buy from my Hyundai car dealer.
Good decision. I have the official Grand i10 mats used in the Xcent (bought before Xcent specific mats came out) and it is a dirt magnet. Even the vacuum cleaner struggles to pull the trapped sand and dirt out of these mats.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2016, 14:29   #1024

My friends and I were just returning from a weekend trip to Mandarmani, when this happened right after the toll point on Kona highway. The truck driver was driving without a helper, tried to squeeze in a gap and damaged my car. We took him to his truck depot, shouted, screamed, etc... He said all he can do is pay 3.5kINR. I didn't know what to do. Took that money from him, called up Hyundai insurance (thankfully I had bumper to bumper coverage) and dropped off my car at the service centre near Science City. They are saying it will take 2 weeks for me to get the car back as they need to order the part etc.

Being a noob in this regard, I have couple of questions for everyone -

1) What is the best thing to do in such situation? Take the money and forget about it? Or call up cops and go through the entire drama of filing an FIR and paying the cops in the process?

2) Does it take this long to repair the car or am I being taken for a ride?

3) I have been asked to pay around 1k-2k for processing fee and consumables. Is that okay?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_3059.jpg  

Old 6th June 2016, 00:20   #1025
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPanda View Post
1) What is the best thing to do in such situation? Take the money and forget about it? Or call up cops and go through the entire drama of filing an FIR and paying the cops in the process?
2) Does it take this long to repair the car or am I being taken for a ride?
3) I have been asked to pay around 1k-2k for processing fee and consumables. Is that okay?
1) As long as insurance covers it and as long as the damage was restricted to the car, I suggest for peace of mind, to let it go. Your call though.

2) There is no "taking for a ride" here, it really depends on how many vehicles they have in queue for repairs and also the extent of damage they have to tinker out and sand+prime+paint. Two weeks is very acceptable because it would take 2-3 days for insurance inspection & approval itself.

3) It is fine as long as you get the details on what the consumables are. You may be charged for certain parts as well. Since you got the Rs.3.5k as a compensation you can consider that a write-off for such expenses.
dark.knight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2016, 10:03   #1026
BANNED

Just as the 2 year warranty came to an end, the reverse parking sensors started acting up. Typically on engaging reverse there is a long beep and reverse scanning starts. In my car, on engaging reverse i hear a beep-beep beep-beep and no reverse scanning. Wonder what could be the problem. Has anybody else faced similar issue in Gi10 or xcent.
Old 7th June 2016, 10:08   #1027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaudh2s View Post
Just as the 2 year warranty came to an end, the reverse parking sensors started acting up. Typically on engaging reverse there is a long beep and reverse scanning starts. In my car, on engaging reverse i hear a beep-beep beep-beep and no reverse scanning. Wonder what could be the problem. Has anybody else faced similar issue in Gi10 or xcent.
Check for accumulation of dirt near the sensors.

Did any of the sensors take a hit somewhere?
Old 7th June 2016, 11:48   #1028
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
Check for accumulation of dirt near the sensors.

Did any of the sensors take a hit somewhere?
The rear bumper is clean and scratchless. I doubt if any of the sensors took a hit. Is there a possibility of dirt getting inside sensors or at wire connectors?
Old 7th June 2016, 11:53   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
The rear bumper is clean and scratchless. I doubt if any of the sensors took a hit. Is there a possibility of dirt getting inside sensors or at wire connectors?
The wire connectors and sensors are sealed.

The ASS will mostly ask to replace the whole unit which will be expensive. There are cheaper aftermarket solutions, they even come with a display.

But first try getting an opinion and try to get it replaced under goodwill warranty.
Old 8th June 2016, 14:21   #1030
BHPian

I have 2014 Grand i10 Asta CRDi and whenever I switch off the car completely, the car starts beeping for 3-4 seconds and automatically shuts off. Does it happens with anyone else too or is it normal?
Old 8th June 2016, 15:04   #1031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
I have 2014 Grand i10 Asta CRDi and whenever I switch off the car completely, the car starts beeping for 3-4 seconds and automatically shuts off. Does it happens with anyone else too or is it normal?
The car beeps if the ignition is on and the door is open or if you are not wearing your seat belt.
Old 16th June 2016, 19:46   #1032
BHPian

Booked Grand i10 Asta (O) AT for wife. Expecting delivery next.
Hyundai has the 20th anniversary offer going on right now. That brought approximately 45000 discount in the form of free insurance, free 3rd year extended warranty and additional cash discount.
After a tough bargain (with multiple dealers and brands), I was able to convince the Hyundai dealer for some freebies as well. I am getting seat covers, car cover, car charger, door visor and teflon coating complimentary.

Wife and I had test driven Baleno, Jazz, e2o, Figo, Zest and Nano.

Baleno Zeta AT- Dropped at first round. Over hyped and long waiting period were let down

Jazz V AT- Made it to final round. Liked the space, brand, reverse camera and paddle shift.

e20 - Dropped at first round. Overpriced even after subsidy. Also wife thought it will not suit me for my occasional use.

Figo AT- Dropped after second round. There was nothing particular to be excited or liked except the 6-speed dual-clutch transmission.

Zest AMT - Dropped at first round. Liked the space, but hated the AMT and everything else.

Nano AMT - Dropped at first round. Under powered and very poor brakes.

Grand i10 Asta (O) AT- Made it to final to final round. Liked pretty much everything except that it is a 4 speed AT and has poor FE.

Jazz and Grand i10 made it to the final round. Since this was going to be second car (and soon 3rd) for us, we decided to go with a car that meets minimum requirement, that is, my wife's office commute and my occasional run around in the city.
Wife liked the peppy feel and the pleasant interiors of i10. I thought it was a very practical car in terms of space and comfort. Hyundai has really learned the urban customers need. And with the discounts and freebies, Grand i10 was nearly 2 lakhs cheaper compared to the V variant of Jazz.

I would miss the paddle shift in Jazz for sure. But hopefully I will find it the the 3rd car we wish to buy this year. That will be a SUV for sure.
sj_koova is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2016, 11:55   #1033
BHPian

Was looking for a second car, primarily for city driving. Wanted to go for AT and evaluated Grand i-10 magna and Wagon R (VXI- O). As I recollect, the OTR quoted for the Grand i-10 Magna (AT), in Bangalore was ~ Rs. 7.4 lacs

Went with the Wagon R (AMT) because of two reasons:
1. The VXI-O was a rs. 1 lac cheaper than Grand i-10 magna
2. Inspite of that, it had 2 air bags and ABS. Grand i-10 magna had only drivers airbag.
3. Wagon R also had a music system

Now, a month later, when I am expecting the delivery of my Wagon R (anytime in the next 10 days), the Hyundai showroom is chasing me aggressively. Today he claims that the Grand i10 Magna, with AT is available OTR for Rs. 6.4 lacs and that it also comes with 2 air bags and abs (which was not the case a month ago). He also felt that Wagon R is unsafe, as you cannot corner the Wagon R at 100kmph!!!

Anyways, does anyone know if Hyundai has added these additional safety features in the Grand i-10, and reduced the prices also, at the same time?

Cheers
Old 21st June 2016, 12:53   #1034
BHPian

Quote:
Check if you can get extended warranty.

OT but as is recommended on this forum, extended warranty is non-negotiable and should always be taken. Please do that in your future cars
Old 21st June 2016, 16:23   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
He also felt that Wagon R is unsafe, as you cannot corner the Wagon R at 100kmph!!!
Don't know if you would want to try that with a Grand i10 or in any other car either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Anyways, does anyone know if Hyundai has added these additional safety features in the Grand i-10, and reduced the prices also, at the same time?
Cheers
The sales person who sold me my car seems to be unaware of safety features being added to the Magna AMT variant. It still exists on the Asta AMT.
mangespat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks