Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2016, 18:34   #1036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Now, a month later, when I am expecting the delivery of my Wagon R (anytime in the next 10 days), the Hyundai showroom is chasing me aggressively. Today he claims that the Grand i10 Magna, with AT is available OTR for Rs. 6.4 lacs and that it also comes with 2 air bags and abs (which was not the case a month ago). He also felt that Wagon R is unsafe, as you cannot corner the Wagon R at 100kmph!!!

Anyways, does anyone know if Hyundai has added these additional safety features in the Grand i-10, and reduced the prices also, at the same time?

Cheers
Better ask the dealer to show you the Magna AT with both the "newly added" safety features.

If it truly has ABS, the ABS light will show briefly in Instrument Display on car start.

If it has dual Airbags, there will be "Airbag" engraved on left side of the dashboard along with the now standard "Airbag" engraved on steering wheel.

If both ABS light in Instrument Display and engraved "Airbag" on left of dashboard are missing, then it does not have the safety features as claimed by the dealer.

If they are both present, then it's a treat and your luck.

Off topic:

For Delhites:

I live in South Delhi.
First service of my Grand i10 is due next week.

Which Hyundai authorized service station(s), as per user experience, offers good service, preferably in Okhla or nearby?

Since I'm a first time Hyundai owner, in a dilemma.

Last edited by noopster : 4th July 2016 at 12:17. Reason: Back-to-back posts- please use "multi-quote" option
Old 23rd June 2016, 19:15   #1037
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_goyal2000 View Post
Better ask the dealer to show you the Magna AT with both the "newly added" safety features.
Oh, he was spouting nonsense. this is a newly opened dealership, and maybe they were behind targets. He called again today, and I politely told him that I have already booked the Wagon R, and am expecting delivery in the next few days.
Old 27th June 2016, 10:05   #1038
BHPian

I experienced a peculiar problem with my Grand i10 2-3 days ago.

I had started the car, but the car was not in motion.
It was standing with AC & engine on.
All the lights & alerts in Instrument Cluster had been displayed as is the case when the ignition is turned on.

Then suddenly after 20-30 seconds, all the lights & alerts in Instrument Cluster again got displayed even though the car/engine was already running, but not in motion.
All the meters like tripmeter, etc., but not ODO, got reset all by themselves.

Initially, I thought the battery connections might have shorted or might be loose.
But the ODO, clock, date and FM channels were untouched.

What could be the problem?
This kind of problem has happened to me first time.
Even my first car service is due in next 2-3 days.

Please help.

Quote:
Off topic:

For Delhites:

I live in South Delhi.
First service of my Grand i10 is due next week.

Which Hyundai authorized service station(s), as per user experience, offers good service, preferably in Okhla or nearby?

Since I'm a first time Hyundai owner, in a dilemma.
Any Delhi based BHPian owning a Hyundai, kindly guide me please.
Old 28th June 2016, 17:42   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
I experienced a peculiar problem with my Grand i10 2-3 days ago.

I had started the car, but the car was not in motion.
It was standing with AC & engine on.
All the lights & alerts in Instrument Cluster had been displayed as is the case when the ignition is turned on.

Then suddenly after 20-30 seconds, all the lights & alerts in Instrument Cluster again got displayed even though the car/engine was already running, but not in motion.
All the meters like tripmeter, etc., but not ODO, got reset all by themselves.

Initially, I thought the battery connections might have shorted or might be loose.
But the ODO, clock, date and FM channels were untouched.

What could be the problem?
This kind of problem has happened to me first time.
Even my first car service is due in next 2-3 days.

Please help.
Dear Sir,
I had encountered a similar problem one month back in my Grand i10 Petrol (Magna Variant).
I had stopped at a toll plaza, and when the car came to a complete halt suddenly all the tell-tale lights in the instrument panel came up in-spite of the engine being on, and they went off in a second or two.
Both the trip meters, avg. speed meter, vehicle running time meter, FM channels were reset.

The same day i had retrofitted steering audio switches onto my existing steering, which involved the change in spiral cable(clock-assy) and adding new wiring for the switches(however the switches are not functioning as on date and i am trying to find out a solution for its functioning) .

I had thought the lights in the instrument console came up because of the retro-fitment , but since that day the problem has not cropped up again *touch wood* .

I tried to find any error code with the help of ELM 327, but nothing showed up.

Will definitely update if the problem reoccurs.

Regards
Car's Paradise
Old 1st July 2016, 09:40   #1040
BHPian

Since 2 days my car has started shuddering at lower gears in bumper to bumper traffic. Also the fuel consumption has increased. What could be wrong?

I suspect a loose clutch, but the car has done only 5500kms.
Old 2nd July 2016, 15:18   #1041
BHPian

I'm not sure whether this issue has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I would like to know if it's a common issue that other Petrol Gi10 owners face.

My 2013 Gi10 Asta(O) has completed 35,200 Kms. Due for service next week once I get a spare car. But here's what has been bothering me the most and has become so frequent that its very annoying:

1. Engine skips ignition in the first attempt. Resets the computers, all warning lights glow for a sec. This electronic resets sometimes happens when the car is moving too. This happens almost twice everyday.

2. Auto door locks? My car's doors lock themselves occasionally when I cross a 10 kmph mark. It feels like my car is possessed because the car doesn't natively get auto door locks on speed.

There are other tiny issues which are regular - AC gas, Brake pads wearing out (thanks to the unpredictable braking especially after a cold start), wiper blades wearing out, AC earthing seal is almost gone as external odour makes it way to the cabin.

Funnily, I have a neighbour in the same apartment who has the Asta Gi10 Petrol purchased a few months before mine and who complained of the same issues!

Both cars were bought from the same dealer though (Not too sure if that's relevant).

Anybody else facing this?
Old 3rd July 2016, 02:39   #1042
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Oh, he was spouting nonsense. this is a newly opened dealership, and maybe they were behind targets. He called again today, and I politely told him that I have already booked the Wagon R, and am expecting delivery in the next few days.
The Grand i10 Asta Automatic (O) now comes fitted with ABS and Dual Airbags. I test drove one today. The dealer (Trident Hyundai Sankey Road) quoted 8.10 OTR after free insurance and free extended warranty.
Old 3rd July 2016, 09:53   #1043
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hishetty View Post
The Grand i10 Asta Automatic (O) now comes fitted with ABS and Dual Airbags.
Yes it does. My dealer was claiming that magna too comes with dual airbags and abs. Anyways, when he called again, I told him to show me the vehicle, upon which he pleaded that he got confused between variants.
Old 3rd July 2016, 22:09   #1044
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigvr View Post
I'm not sure whether this issue has been mentioned earlier in the thread, but I would like to know if it's a common issue that other Petrol Gi10 owners face.

My 2013 Gi10 Asta(O) has completed 35,200 Kms. Due for service next week once I get a spare car. But here's what has been bothering me the most and has become so frequent that its very annoying:

1. Engine skips ignition in the first attempt. Resets the computers, all warning lights glow for a sec. This electronic resets sometimes happens when the car is moving too. This happens almost twice everyday.

2. Auto door locks? My car's doors lock themselves occasionally when I cross a 10 kmph mark. It feels like my car is possessed because the car doesn't natively get auto door locks on speed.

There are other tiny issues which are regular - AC gas, Brake pads wearing out (thanks to the unpredictable braking especially after a cold start), wiper blades wearing out, AC earthing seal is almost gone as external odour makes it way to the cabin.

Funnily, I have a neighbour in the same apartment who has the Asta Gi10 Petrol purchased a few months before mine and who complained of the same issues!

Both cars were bought from the same dealer though (Not too sure if that's relevant).

Anybody else facing this?
Thats rather strange.

Mine is 2014 Xcent S model, i never had the issues you mentioned - except for uneven braking on cold start.

Although, during my 2 year of ownership the car has had very low running (approx 10,000 kms only), i did have engine skipping ignition on 2 occasions only. Only on one of those occasions, the car was not started for a couple of months and it was winter time, so maybe it was due to the fact that engine was cold, the car did start after some more attempts. However on the other occasion, the car just randomely refused to start one fine day (even with regular driving) - i panicked and called Hyundai technician, who did nothing but kept on firing the ignition and giving some throttle, and viola it started!

Autolock @ 10kmph ? Surely your car is indeed possessed . But this is indeed very surprising since all variants of Grand/Xcent miss this important feature. Did you check with Hyundai service regarding this?
Old 4th July 2016, 03:51   #1045
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I am new to this thread and need some suggestions, I am planning to buy Grand i10 for my father and I got to know that in NCR region Hyundai has an option of fitting CNG (DEDST technology) to Grand i10 with additional charge of 69K. Did anyone recently went this option.

Secondly, is CNG sucessful in AMT version
Old 11th August 2016, 10:14   #1046

GPS plus Reverse Camera for Hyundai Grand i10

Dear All,

I am planning to install a rear view camera in my new Grand i10. I am a beginner in car driving, learned to drive car just a couple of months back. Recently I had some issues while reversing and parking, causing a lot of scratches on the left side. My car variant is Asta, so reverse parking sensors are already there. Still I think, I need the reverse camera.

Also, as there is no inbuilt navigation in the Grand, I would like to have a GPS navigation system as well. I was using my Android Smartphone for navigation purposes, but it drains out the battery too quickly.

I found the MapMyIndia Smart Mirror with these two features. But I do not like the navigation system on IRVM. I would like to have a single display which can be used for both navigation and the reverse camera. Is there any product(s) available online (or available in Chennai) that can fit to my requirements? My budget is around 15-20K.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11th August 2016, 11:17   #1047
BHPian

Re: GPS plus Reverse Camera for Hyundai Grand i10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajeeshms3 View Post
My car variant is Asta, so reverse parking sensors are already there. Still I think, I need the reverse camera.
Redsoul reverse camera will be good. Try to install it in the after market shops and not through dealers as they will charge you more.

If you install MMI Smart mirror, you will miss the manual Day/Night IRVM of Grandi10. My suggestion is to use Google Maps on Android smartphones instead of buying MMI device.

If you want to install in the center console ( i.e. if you need GPS + Reverse camera + Audio all in one place ), then there are lot of ICE options available.

Please refer these threads for further reading:

Reverse Camera

Grandi10 ICE upgrade

Last edited by Grand Drive : 11th August 2016 at 11:22.
Grand Drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 11:36   #1048
BHPian

Off late the front passenger has started squeaking when accelerating/braking/passing over potholes. Though the sound is minor it is irritating.

What can be done to fix it?
Old 19th August 2016, 12:49   #1049
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai Grand i10 facelift spied.

Hyundai has begun testing the Grand i10 facelift with the current model nearing the three-year mark.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-402795.aspx
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-1.jpg  

Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-2.jpg  

Old 19th August 2016, 17:19   #1050
BHPian

Hi All
My friend has recently purchased a Grand I10 Asta auto
In his car auto windows up when car locked by smart key and siren warning when car is opened by manual key after being locked by smart key does not work

Where as both features work in my cousins car which is same model and automatic. Problem is he has not activated himself and It came activated at the time of delivery

If any of the owners know how to activate it, can you please share it here

I am apologizing in advance to not go through the whole thread for the solution, but I did try the search feature

Thanks in advance

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks