Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2016, 18:39   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
I get only one "KAT" sound, when releasing the clutch

Have plans to go to service center this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitinMakhija View Post
I also had one"KAT" sound. Now the car is having "KAT KAT KAT"!
I had a similar experience with my Palio. Started with Kat which keeps increasing over a period of time.
After living with this for 4-6 months, one fine morning the clutch gave way.

Culprit - Slave cylinder bust. Got it replaced.

Please get it checked at A.S.S./FNG.

EDIT: Mine lasted 6 months, maybe, because my monthly running is hardly 200 kms.
vinit.merchant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2016, 09:24   #1067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
I had a similar experience with my Palio. Started with Kat which keeps increasing over a period of time.
After living with this for 4-6 months, one fine morning the clutch gave way.

Culprit - Slave cylinder bust. Got it replaced.

Please get it checked at A.S.S./FNG.

EDIT: Mine lasted 6 months, maybe, because my monthly running is hardly 200 kms.
Thank You. That is insightful. I will keep this in mind when talking to ASS
Old 4th September 2016, 09:33   #1068
BHPian

Regarding the 'KAT' sound, had it checked at the ASS yesterday. They adjusted the clutch and the sound is no more there. I will check for few more days.
Old 6th September 2016, 12:04   #1069
BHPian

I need info from owners of i10 grand Sportz model
Do we have remote for music system. As per dealer there is no remote for music system.
Also for Sportz model, reverse parking sensor have only audible alert once it reaches predefined distance from obstacle. Is it possible to fit some visual alert on rear view mirror without spoiling existing reverse parking sensor
Kindly confirm and help
Old 6th September 2016, 12:13   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I need info from owners of i10 grand Sportz model
Do we have remote for music system. As per dealer there is no remote for music system.
Also for Sportz model, reverse parking sensor have only audible alert once it reaches predefined distance from obstacle. Is it possible to fit some visual alert on rear view mirror without spoiling existing reverse parking sensor
Kindly confirm and help
There is no remote for the music system.

You can install reverse parking camera. Lot of aftermarket options are available. This can work in combination of the existing sensors.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 10:56   #1071
BANNED

My previous car was an i10 Magan 2010 model. We bought a Grand i10 Asta(O) Diesel in wine red color two weeks ago. Already drove 1000 KM in a week

Positives
- Easy to drive
- Bling bling gizmos viz. start stop button, request sensors
- Airbags and ABS
- Ride has improved a lot compared to the previous gen
- Spacious enough
- A very well refined engine... Can't hear anything when sitting inside the car

Negatives
- Boring to drive on highways
- Missing equipment like rear camera and front arm rest
- I am still concerned about the request sensors.. Will post detail questions in my review.
- Headlamps are a sore to drive during the night. Very poor illumination
- Should have provided electrochromic rear view mirror

I will provide a detailed ownership review after driving it a little more.
manojraja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2016, 18:13   #1072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
There is no remote for the music system.

You can install reverse parking camera. Lot of aftermarket options are available. This can work in combination of the existing sensors.
Thanks Sidzz
I need one help again
I am yet to receive the cars manual (i10 Grand) as it was not available at the time of delivery.
Wanted to know when is the car first service due. Is it 3 months from the date of delivery/1000 KMs which ever is earlier ?
Owners please confirm
Old 8th September 2016, 00:07   #1073
BHPian

Quote:
Wanted to know when is the car first service due. Is it 3 months from the date of delivery/1000 KMs which ever is earlier ?
Owners please confirm
Mine was 1200-1500 km or 2 months from delivery, whichever is earlier. This for the Petrol AT.
anks_at is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 12:00   #1074
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sidzz
Owners please confirm
It is 1 month or 1000Kms whichever is earlier.
sidzz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 12:45   #1075
BHPian

Quote:
Owners please confirm
The labor charges are free for the first three services. You will be getting three coupons on your manual. The first service is at 1200 - 1500 km or within 2 months of delivery; whichever is earlier. The second service is at 9000 - 10,000 km or within 12 months of delivery; whichever is earlier. The third service is at 19,000 - 20,000 km or within 24 months of delivery; whichever is earlier.

The first service is just the general check-up along with the water wash / vacuum cleaning and the service cost, mostly would be nil.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 21:53   #1076

It's going to be 6 months with my Asta Automatic. Everyone knows about the positives so I am going to tell you about some of the issues -

1) Headlight is not good enough. I am a first time driver so not sure how it should be, but even on high beam I many times face difficulties. Has anyone considered getting headlights upgraded, cost?

2) Horn is very faint. Will be getting it upgraded by next week.

I am also curious to know, whether anyone has added any extra accessories like TPMS, Projector lights etc.
Old 14th September 2016, 10:39   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPanda View Post
1) Headlight is not good enough. I am a first time driver so not sure how it should be, but even on high beam I many times face difficulties. Has anyone considered getting headlights upgraded, cost?
There are a few posts wherein I have mentioned noticeable improvements after using Ring Ultima bulbs ( which I procured from Flipkart ). These bulbs were H4 55/60W i.e. no messing up with wiring. Just plug and play. You also might want to have the alignment of lights checked. In my Grand i10 I observed later on that horizontal alignment of RHS headlamp was improper. The Ring Ultima bulbs will give you a nice high beam, a moderately better low beam. Else, you can also try to have Philips Extreme Vision+H4 55/60W bulbs.

I did contact for projector lights, but they proved to be quite expensive. Last resort for not heading into projector lights : New wiring harness for higher wattage bulbs and H4 90/100W bulbs. This is a solution many have executed here at Team BHP. With correct alignment, this is best solution one can implement without additional heavy cost of projector or HID setup. HID in reflectors anyways is not that advisable IMO.

You can put your queries w.r.t lighting here : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ting-here.html
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 11:08   #1078

Hi

I have a 2016 model Asta 1.2 along with a Fluidic i20 CRDI ASTA which my dad uses. I wish to have the ElectroChromatic Mirror in i10 just like the one in i20 as it also have the additional function of reverse parking display. I contacted Popular Hyundai to do the fitting and they quoted me 60k for the same.
Could anyone confirm if its the same? Also, which display + mirror system can be used as an alternative? I require the same clarity that the Hyundai device gives. ( I have an aftermarket display unit paired to "HD" camera unit procured from Amazon, which is running in my Vento and i honestly donot like the output received.
Old 18th September 2016, 20:42   #1079

Currently in Kolkata, Rajarhat area, roads have been replaced by small ponds and craters (may be part of new landscaping drive). However thanks to one of these craters, the sidewall of my car's tire has got damaged. Roadside mechanic has installed a thick cover from the inside and put a tube inside. Charged me with 700/-.

One of my experienced Sardar friends is telling me to get the tire replaced as it has chances of bursting up.

What do you suggest I do?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Grand i10 : Official Review-img_7526.jpg  

Old 18th September 2016, 21:15   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPanda View Post
Currently in Kolkata, Rajarhat area, roads have been replaced by small ponds and craters (may be part of new landscaping drive). However thanks to one of these craters, the sidewall of my car's tire has got damaged. Roadside mechanic has installed a thick cover from the inside and put a tube inside. Charged me with 700/-.

One of my experienced Sardar friends is telling me to get the tire replaced as it has chances of bursting up.

What do you suggest I do?
Your Sardar friend is absolutely right. Don't take any chances with the tyres. They are the only contact patch of your car with the road. This crack is now the weakest spot on your tyre. If you hit a rough road patch at high speeds then the tyre bursting at that spot cannot be ruled out. Moreover while driving, this fear would always be at the back of your mind. Spending a couple of thousand bucks on a new tyre is far worthy than risking your life and that of your immediate family's.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks